Forum Facts

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dr-baker

Re: Forum Facts

Post by dr-baker »

Whatever happened to Alianora La Canta?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:Whatever happened to Alianora La Canta?

What a surprise to see you asking after a female member of the forum. :lol:

I think she is still active with her sports car updates on Twitter.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:

Yeah. It's just that I suddenly realised that she hadn't posted for a while then saw that she hadn't been here for about a year and a half. Still, from your response, she hasn't given up on motorsport altogether. Maybe just F1?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:

Yeah. It's just that I suddenly realised that she hadn't posted for a while then saw that she hadn't been here for about a year and a half. Still, from your response, she hasn't given up on motorsport altogether. Maybe just F1?

https://twitter.com/lacanta

She tweets to Marussia F1 Team's Twitter account, if you scroll. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So she's dumped us?! She doesn't love us any more?! :cry:

;)
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I hope that marriage proposal wasn't what scared her away...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'm getting very, very close to my 10,000th post...

On an unrelated note, my car is currently on about 99,960 miles. Only 40 away from the significant 100,000th mile. Should get there by next week...
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:But I've just noticed that Stramala is likely to beat me to being the second person to reach 10,000 posts.

As we can all see, that clearly isn't going to happen now, unless I completely spam the forum in the next few minutes ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:But I've just noticed that Stramala is likely to beat me to being the second person to reach 10,000 posts.

As we can all see, that clearly isn't going to happen now, unless I completely spam the forum in the next few minutes ;)

Hmmm, yes. I see your point. Unless something dramatic happens to me before I make my next post... :?

9,999th...
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Congratulations about your 10000th post, now get a life :P (on this pace, it might take me another 10 years before i should worry about having a life)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Indeed Baker. After your placements are over, time to get down to the bar and find yourself a nice woman. Reinvent yourself as a clubber. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Congratulations Dr-baker on reaching 10,000 posts.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Does 10,000 posts really deserve congratulations? I am more proud of being just 20 miles away from reaching 100,000 miles in my car to be honest. Or 160,930 km in metric, continental speak. Still, I do need a life if I'm only the second person to reach this momentous milestone... Haha, punny, that.

Now, about that girl in that there nightclub...
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:On an unrelated note, my car is currently on about 99,960 miles. Only 40 away from the significant 100,000th mile. Should get there by next week...
Take a photo.

I've done that a couple times in the past, don't ask me why :?.

From a Nissan I had once (before it got smashed in an accident):

Another Nissan I had:

And a Yamaha900 I had (my first bike):

Heck, I even felt compelled to take a photo of my out/in-door thermometer once:
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:

I assume 700,000 is kilometres? Therefore, 435000 miles? Impressive! Did you manange to get to 500,000 miles/804,605km? Guessing not, otherwise you'ld have posted the 800,000 km photo. Still impressive nonetheless! I'm hoping for similar mileage from my vehicle, touch wood...
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

I assume 700,000 is kilometres? Therefore, 435000 miles? Impressive! Did you manange to get to 500,000 miles/804,605km? Guessing not, otherwise you'ld have posted the 800,000 km photo. Still impressive nonetheless! I'm hoping for similar mileage from my vehicle, touch wood...

No, that's 70,000 kilometres, and the 9 represents hundreds of meters. It was up to 75,000 km when I sold it (sold it to buy a bigger bike :twisted:)
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Who will be competing for our attention in 2014.

Another Update :)

Formula 1
Red Bull
1) Wizzie (Vettel)
3) dr-baker (Ricciardo)

Mercedes
6) Biscione (Rosberg)
44) Phoenix (Hamilton)

Ferrari
7) Salamander (Raikkonen)
14) RonDenisDeletraz (Alonso)

Lotus
8) mario (Grosjean)
13) FullMetalJack (Maldonado)

McLaren
20) DanielPT (Magnussen)
22) CarlosFerreira Salamander (Button)

Force India
11) Klon (Perez)
27) Aerospeed (Hulkenberg)

Sauber
21) tommykl (Gutierrez)
99) pasta_maldonado (Sutil)

Toro Rosso
25) East Londoner (Vergne)
26) Nuppiz (Kyvat)

Williams
19) AndreaModa (Massa)
77) FMecha (Bottas)

Marussia
4) Shizuka (Chilton)
17) Ataxia (Bianci)

Caterham
9) The Masked Lapwing (Ericsson)
10) shinji (Kobayashi)
Officially Retired
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, the whole GP2 entry list isn't finalized, but it will be eventually, so I'll post the GP2 update now and edit in the then signed drivers.

1. Evans (thehemogoblin)
2. Markelov (AdrianSutil)
3. Nasr (This)
4. Leal (Cynon)
5. Marciello (Captain Hammer)
6. Coletti (tristan1117)
7. Palmer (watka)
8. Richlemi (Aerond)
9. Vandoorne (go_Rubens)
10. Izawa (pi314159)
11. Abt (roblomas52)
12. Regalia (dinizintheoven)
14. Quaife-Hobbs (ADx_Wales)
15. Trummer (Jeroen Krautmeir)
16. Binder (Shadaza)
17. Negrão (tagaki_for_the_win)
18. Haryanto (James1978)
19. Rossi (Bleu)
20. De Jong (CoopsII)
21. TBA (eagleash)
22. TBA (Freeze-O-Kimi)
23. Cecotto (Jocke1)
24. Berthon (Ferrim)
25. TBA (Faustus)
26. Pic (good_Ralf)
27. Sato (UgncreativeUsergname)
Last edited by go_Rubens on 08 Mar 2014, 17:18, edited 2 times in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

No, that's 70,000 kilometres, and the 9 represents hundreds of meters. It was up to 75,000 km when I sold it (sold it to buy a bigger bike :twisted:)

Ooops, so it is. :oops:
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I preferred being Sam Bird last year...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

HawkAussie wrote:10) shinji (Kobayashi)

Amen.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I knew I'd be on here at some point.

Jocke1+Cecotto= OMG
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

dinizintheoven wrote:I preferred being Sam Bird last year...

I don't mind being my favorite Belgian apart from Gendebien and Ickx myself.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Jocke1+Cecotto= OMG

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Jocke1 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Jocke1+Cecotto= OMG

That looks straight off ModNation Racers on the PS3. I didn't know there were Photoshop wizzes that good!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:Does 10,000 posts really deserve congratulations? I am more proud of being just 20 miles away from reaching 100,000 miles in my car to be honest. Or 160,930 km in metric, continental speak. Still, I do need a life if I'm only the second person to reach this momentous milestone... Haha, punny, that.

Today's the day that I finally did it! It took 6 years and 11 weeks, but I FINALLY REACHED A SIGNIFICANT MILESTONE!!!

I'm much more impressed with this than 10,000 posts here... Although I would miss this forum if I had no access to it at all! :shock: :?
MCard LOLA
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Does 10,000 posts really deserve congratulations? I am more proud of being just 20 miles away from reaching 100,000 miles in my car to be honest. Or 160,930 km in metric, continental speak. Still, I do need a life if I'm only the second person to reach this momentous milestone... Haha, punny, that.

Today's the day that I finally did it! It took 6 years and 11 weeks, but I FINALLY REACHED A SIGNIFICANT MILESTONE!!!

I'm much more impressed with this than 10,000 posts here... Although I would miss this forum if I had no access to it at all! :shock: :?
Congratulations
:)
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Aww man, you should have waited until 10:49, instead of 15:23. Who knows what would have happened? Your car might have transformed into a Lola or something.

Also, I find it confusing that your panel shows a mixture between the U.S. systems and the European systems. I thought along with the miles, your panel would show fahrenheit and 3:23pm, not celsius and 15:23.
So two out of three are European and one U.S. (miles).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:Aww man, you should have waited until 10:49, instead of 15:23. Who knows what would have happened? Your car might have transformed into a Lola or something.

Also, I find it confusing that your panel shows a mixture between the U.S. systems and the European systems. I thought along with the miles, your panel would show fahrenheit and 3:23pm, not celsius and 15:23.

In speech, I always revert to the 12-hour system. I just had it on 24-hour for when I did community care work, which worked on a 24-hour clock system. If there were an analogue clock system, I'ld have used that... And temperature is one where I consistently use Celcius. Unless it's a hot summer's day, in which case, the temperature will be 90 to 100 degrees... ;)

And for everything else in my life, I use imperial. Weight (in stones, not just pounds like the US), height, measurements, baking, etc. Oh and milk and bar drinks are always in pints, of the 568 ml variety!
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Jocke1 wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote: My first post came on the 26th June 2010. My second post was on the 21st March 2011. That's almost a Jan Lammers-esque gap between posts...

I have you beat. I have a full year between post #1 and post #2. It's not uncommon for me, though. There are perhaps four years since my latest post on another forum.

Seems 'Stareagle' has put us all to shame today.

1694 days, or 4 years, 7 months, 18 days between his first and second post.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Aww man, you should have waited until 10:49, instead of 15:23. Who knows what would have happened? Your car might have transformed into a Lola or something.

In speech, I always revert to the 12-hour system. I just had it on 24-hour for when I did community care work, which worked on a 24-hour clock system. If there were an analogue clock system, I'ld have used that... And temperature is one where I consistently use Celcius. Unless it's a hot summer's day, in which case, the temperature will be 90 to 100 degrees... ;)

And for everything else in my life, I use imperial. Weight (in stones, not just pounds like the US), height, measurements, baking, etc. Oh and milk and bar drinks are always in pints, of the 568 ml variety!

Fahrenheit? Oh, dont be silly. On the Americans use fahrenheit any more, and for no tangible reason, either.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Fahrenheit? Oh, dont be silly. On the Americans use fahrenheit any more, and for no tangible reason, either.

Oh, it's quite logical really. On a cold day, we Brits like the numbers to be a small as possible, so we use Celcius to emphasise that. And on a hot day, we use the system where larger numbers can emphasise that. So why we don't use Kelvin for that scenario in place of Farenheit, I have no idea...
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:Oh, it's quite logical really. On a cold day, we Brits like the numbers to be a small as possible, so we use Celcius to emphasise that. And on a hot day, we use the system where larger numbers can emphasise that. So why we don't use Kelvin for that scenario in place of Farenheit, I have no idea...

I've never used Farenheit in my life. Then again, the fact I'm 22 probably has something to do with that. I can't ever imagine willingly using Farenheit for measuring things. Even by Imperial standards, the reference points set for it are absurd.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Oh, it's quite logical really. On a cold day, we Brits like the numbers to be a small as possible, so we use Celcius to emphasise that. And on a hot day, we use the system where larger numbers can emphasise that. So why we don't use Kelvin for that scenario in place of Farenheit, I have no idea...

I've never used Farenheit in my life. Then again, the fact I'm 22 probably has something to do with that. I can't ever imagine willingly using Farenheit for measuring things. Even by Imperial standards, the reference points set for it are absurd.

Yeah, 32 degrees as the freezing point of water, 212 degrees as the boiling point, and 100 degrees being somebody with a high fever or a very hot day indeed isn't very helpful. But the width of my thumb is one inch, my foot and my forearm (both are apparently the same length as each other!) are both about a foot long (wow! My foot is one foot long. That's a coincidence!), I'm about 5' 8" tall, I won't reveal how many stone and pounds I am here (but I am more familiar with that than kilos). And motorways speed limits in Europe are either approx 2 km per minute or 1 mile per minute (close enough). Which is easier - 2:1 or 1:1??? :P Oh, and there are 10,000 km from the the north pole to the equator, and the equator is 24,000 miles. Both are easy enogh figures to work with, aren't they?
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

All I know is, ten centimetres are one decimetre, one thousand kilograms are one tonne, Gaston Mazzacane was the best F1 driver of the 00s, and that Farva always wants a litre of cola:
http://youtu.be/rPyhJCakEFo
And hang on, I always thought you were American, doctor?
girry

Post by girry »

Jocke1 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:On an unrelated note, my car is currently on about 99,960 miles. Only 40 away from the significant 100,000th mile. Should get there by next week...
Take a photo.

I've done that a couple times in the past, don't ask me why :?.

From a Nissan I had once (before it got smashed in an accident):
*snap*

Which Nissan was this? It looks very much like that of mine from the dashboards. I'd be extremely honoured to find out if Jocke1 used to drive the same car model I currently have.
when you're dead people start listening
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:And hang on, I always thought you were American, doctor?

Nope, just as European as you! Spent my whole life bar 10 months in the south-east of England. The other 10 months was in Avignon, France. So I am a true Southerner. English through and through.

And what made you realize I was not American? The fact that I talked about weight in stones rather than just pounds?
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Jocke1 wrote:And hang on, I always thought you were American, doctor?
dr-baker wrote:Nope, just as European as you! And what made you realize I was not American?

This was a pretty good giveaway:
dr-baker wrote:we Brits like the numbers to be as small as possible

I don't know, somehow I had it in my head that you were living in the states :).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:
I don't know, somehow I had it in my head that you were living in the states :).

You too thought I was American?! Why?
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

giraurd wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:From a Nissan I had once (before it got smashed in an accident)

Which Nissan was this? It looks very much like that of mine from the dashboards.

It was a very nice Primera 2.0 SRi.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3559&start=2600#p293853