"Grand Prix 2" Championship

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Shizuka

Re: "Grand Prix 2" Championship

Post by Shizuka »

Only if someone is willing to replace him.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Shizuka wrote:Only if someone is willing to replace him.

I'll pitch in again - a British pay-driver by the name of James Allen.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Hey, Martin van der Maeyede is still looking for a seat.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

He's hired at Stewart if James Allen gets the DAMS drive.
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JeremyMcClean wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Deal. :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Meanwhile, Robert Anderson is searching for a new drive for 1997 should he get well in time. He has said he would not work with Pacific again. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

FMecha wrote:Meanwhile, Robert Anderson is searching for a new drive for 1997 should he get well in time. He has said he would not work with Pacific again. :)

Is Pacific even in the series in 1997?
Trulli bad puns...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
FMecha wrote:Meanwhile, Robert Anderson is searching for a new drive for 1997 should he get well in time. He has said he would not work with Pacific again. :)

Is Pacific even in the series in 1997?

Proably so given that Dome won't be here next season. ;)
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Wait, so is it Christopherson/van der Maeyede or Fleet/van der Maeyede?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Round 16: Japan

At the start of the race, Kazuhiko Takagi grabbed the lead, much to the delight of the huge Japanese crowd at Suzuka. Tom Douglas passed Pippa Mann but decided to knock Daniel Moreno off the road rather than passing him. Moreno skittered into the gravel and lost his front wing, sending him to the back of the grid instantly. The upshot of this was that the Ferraris held a 1-2 lead with Pippa in third and Spokes in fourth. By the end of Lap 1, Takagi held a five second lead over Pippa Mann. Tom Douglas' Ferrari engine exploded on Lap 2 as further proof of instant karmic justice.

Pippa's made up her early disadvantage in just a few laps and she passed by Takagi on Lap 4. Meanwhile, Kazuyoshi Hoshino's final single-seater race ended early with another Hart engine failure. Andrew Spokes zipped by Takagi on the next lap and set out to catch Pippa's Williams. Damon Cannon escaped the miserable conditions when his electrics failed on Lap 6. Rory McAllister was also driving well but he went off at the exit of 130R after taking third place from Takagi.

The monsoon conditions caught out several drivers; Ben Fleet, Leonhard von Gottorp and Gio van Dycke both went off but rejoined the circuit. On Lap 10, Andrew Spokes passed Pippa Mann at the first turn to take the lead. Mann's race was prematurely ruined when she came up to lap Anton Kaliniczenko. Kaliniczenko blocked the racing line and Pippa ramped over the back of the Pacific, crashing straight into the wall (perahps more karmic justice for taking out Valsattis in an identical way at Imola). Amazingly, Pippa continued but her chances at victory were essentially over.

Then, in the span of two laps, McAllister retired, da Silva retired and pulled off alongside the McLaren. John Zimmer crashed while running in second place at Turn 1, instantly shattering a Benetton 1-2. Suddenly, Takagi was back in second, Douglas Mann was in fourth and Reiko Megumi was in fifth. The crowd cheered wildly. On Lap 19, Mann's throttle stuck and he was unable to make it back to the pit lane. Pippa Mann and John Zimmer both spun off again. In fact, Zimmer spun off and broke his front wing for the second time on Lap 20, sealing a share of Reject of the Race.

By Lap 21, the order was 1. Spokes 2. Takagi 3. Christopherson 4. Megumi 5. Durand 6. O'Caiohmin. Fakkinen's engine blew on Lap 23. Meanwhile, Moreno was driving his way back through the field before his pit stop on Lap 26. On the same lap, Anton Kaliniczenko sealed his own share of Reject of the Race by blocking Jack Christopherson. John Zimmer (the other ROTR) tried to pass Christopherson (while two laps down). Both drivers then spun directly into Martin McFry's Forti. Of course, Zimmer and McFry continued on and Christopherson was out. The Japanese fans didn't care though because Megumi moved into third place, just behind Takagi!

Even better, Spokes spun off on Lap 27 and immediately pitted, letting Takagi into the lead! Then everything went wrong. Takagi crossed the line in first on Lap 27. At the very next turn, Takagi went off and crashed, breaking his front wing. Instant ROTR. Megumi also pitted, leaving Durand and O'Caiohmin in second and third! Tyrrell, of course, found an easy way to screw that up by pitting both drivers at the same damn time! Durand was pitted first while Eadbhard was forced to wait thirty second for Durand to leave. O'Caiohmin's Irish temper was set off and he tried to ram his teammate off the pit line. Then Durand spun off two laps later, making the entire exercise completely pointless. Tyrrell, you also get ROTR. While this was going on, Pippa Mann was busy spinning off twice in two laps, earning her ROTR.

Both Fortis retired from the top ten with simultaneous engine failures, ending Fortis run in the F1RGP2C. Reiko Megumi's impressive day ended with a big off at Turn 1. Moreno's brilliant comeback drive brought him to second but he spun off again, breaking his front wing in the process. Pieter Kickert then moved into second place! Things got even more interesting when Andrew Spokes went off with two laps remaining, leaving Kickert with a golden opportunity to win for Sauber. Spokes was able to survive and he bested Kickert by 38 seconds. Moreno reposed Takagi on the last lap to retake third. Leonhard von Gottorp and Pippa Mann recovered nicely to finish in fifth and sixth. van Dycke finished in seventh after a fine drive and Megumi came home to finish in eighth. Zimmer ended up two laps down. The end is near.

Penalties:
Anton Kaliniczenko: +5 for blocking Jack Christopherson and causing an avoidable accident and causing an avoidable collision with Pippa Mann.
Tom Douglas: +1 for turfing off Daniel Moreno

Kazuhiko Takagi: 1-4
Pippa Mann: 5-9
Andrew Spokes: 10-26
Kazuhiko Takagi: 27
Andrew Spokes: 28-

Penalty Standings
1. Martin McFry - 9
2 Anton Kaliniczenko - 6
=3 Artiom Zielenkovski - 4
=3 Tom Douglas - 4
5. Siergiej Rozvadoskij - 3
6. Andrew Spokes - 2
= Rory McAllister - 2
= Giovanni Roda - 2
= Ben Fleet - 2
= Miko Fakkinen - 2
= Gio van Dycke - 2
= Damon Cannon - 2
= Douglas Mann - 2
14. Kazuyoshi Hoshino - 1
= Jorg Scrattenheim - 1
= Pieter Kickert - 1
= Pablo da Silva - 1
= Robert Anderson - 1
= Eadbhard O'Caiohmin - 1

Final championship standings will be done soon.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Pablo da Silva wrote:Translated from Portuguese
Well, it was very wild seeing Pieter up in 2nd place!

Daniel Moreno wrote:Tom Douglas, you idiot.
Trulli bad puns...
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Pieter Kickert wrote:WOO! I got the crapbox on the podium! That was a brilliant race, and a good way thank Sauber for the last two years and to advertise myself to any potential new bosses.

John Zimmer wrote:Nice work Andrew, 4 for the year. If you want to stick around for next year, there's a lead driver spot in it for you ;)
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Dennis Mignolet wrote:Now Mugen produced an ultra-reliable engine for the Japanese GP and Ligier having replaced everything that once broke on the car, Douglas manages to brake something else on the car :roll: I really wondered what he did in his previous life, with all this bad karma...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Douglas, would you like to replace Ben at DAMS if all else fails?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann wrote:Well, that was a bit of a cock-up wasn't it? I suppose I was just over-driving as a result of frustration at losing the championship, but I guess I'm just relieved that I somehow still ended up scoring a point!

Douglas Mann wrote:Well, makes a change to have a stuck throttle instead of an engine failure. An engine that does not want to stop instead of an engine that does nothing at all!

Shizuka wrote:Douglas, would you like to replace Ben at DAMS if all else fails?

Douglas Mann wrote:I assume you mean me rather than Tom Douglas? ;) Thanks for the offer, but no. I had always intended to stop at the end of this season, and being a driver coach at Ligier was a tempting offer that I have decided to take up.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Okay, then first come first served for the DAMS seat.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Kazuhiko Takagi wrote:On lap 27, Stefano told me a warning about condition of my brakes that it is going in a degrading condition. I could not brake properly at that time, hence why I have a shunt in that lap. I am appealing the ROTR. :evil:

Andreas Stefano wrote:Yes, I did tell Takagi that his brakes is indeed degrading. And anyone that says that Tom's engine failure is a karma is an idiot. :roll:

Reiko Megumi wrote:A sad season, going pointless this year (then again, my point last year was a fluke). :cry: I have done my best nonetheless, race-wise or season-wise. At least I finished in the front of Zimmer. Eat that, John! ;)

---

Meanwhile, in hospital, Robert Anderson wrote:EAT THAT, TOM! EAT THAT, REIKO! EAT THAT, ANTON! :twisted: I will back and bathplug all of you! :twisted:

The doctors wrote:This is hospital Robert! No-one will heard your sayings because you are just merely seeing it from the telly! :roll:

Robert Anderson wrote:I see. :roll:

---

ROTY nominees anyone? ;)

---

DAMS representative (read: Shizuka) wrote:Okay, then first come first served for the DAMS seat.

Robert Anderson wrote:After my injury is gone, I want to sign for you. Or maybe Stewart.
Last edited by FMecha on 02 Sep 2012, 13:59, edited 2 times in total.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Kazuhiko Takagi wrote:On lap 27, Stefano told me a warning about condition of my brakes that it is going in a degrading condition. I could not brake properly at that time, hence why I have a shunt in that lap. I am appealing the ROTR. :evil:

You can't appeal a Reject of the Race; the award is purely subjective and my completely biased opinion!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Alright, three drivers can still be entered into the Duel in the Desert.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Shizuka wrote:Okay, then first come first served for the DAMS seat.

Is James Allen in the seat?

Also, Tristan, I initially signed McAllister but he ended up going to McLaren. Christopherson will be with Stewart for the Duel in the Desert only, unless if I'm mistaken. I signed Ben Fleet for 1997, and will sign van de Maeyede if James Allen get the DAMS seat for the 1997 season.
Trulli bad puns...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Meanwhile, in hospital, Robert Anderson wrote:EAT THAT, TOM! EAT THAT, REIKO! EAT THAT, ANTON! :twisted: I will back and bathplug all of you! :twisted:
The doctors wrote:This is hospital Robert! No-one will heard your sayings because you are just merely seeing it from the telly! :roll:
Robert Anderson wrote:I see. :roll:

James Davies, at the hospital for a checkup wrote:Yelling at people from a hospital bed really only works for me because I've had plenty of experience at yelling in general, mate. Well, that plus the fact that, well, let's face it, I'm pretty damn awesome in general, whereas you are just shite in general.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FMecha wrote:---

ROTY nominees anyone? ;)

---

Douglas Mann's engine! Ligier's reliability!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:---

ROTY nominees anyone? ;)

---

James Davies wrote:My brakes in the Luxembourg GP! Robbed us of some awesome on-track action this year, that's for sure! Also McFry!

Seriously now, I'd go for whoever Anderson replaced at Pacific, who was fired because they were so rubbish, as I recall. Also McFry.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Tristan, please enter James Allen and Robert Anderson somehow - whoever finishes ahead will get the seat. It would be a shootout between the two of them.

If this isn't possible, Allen will be likely to drive.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:Bah, the electrical box got soggy in the storm and cut out whilst I was in a promising position. A disappointing way to round off the season.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:Bloody mental! About 3/4 of the field deserve to share ROTR after this shambles. I'd also like to take the time to announce my participation in the Duel in The Desert.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Nice work Andrew, 4 for the year. If you want to stick around for next year, there's a lead driver spot in it for you ;)

Andrew Spokes wrote:Would I ever?! Really happy with another win, although I was very lucky not to throw it away, it was a bit of a crazy race!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Shizuka wrote:Tristan, please enter James Allen and Robert Anderson somehow - whoever finishes ahead will get the seat. It would be a shootout between the two of them.

If this isn't possible, Allen will be likely to drive.

Anderson was seriously injured two races ago so that wouldn't fit the continuity of the season. But James Allen is definitely in.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

tristan1117 wrote:Alright, three drivers can still be entered into the Duel in the Desert.

Prince Walik plans to enter again.

Also, someone needs to think of an original name instead of just borrowing the name of a F1 commentator.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

eurobrun wrote:Prince Walik plans to enter again.

Also, someone needs to think of an original name instead of just borrowing the name of a F1 commentator.

That, my dear, is pretty rich coming from you after the first half of your post. :P
RonDenisDeletraz

Klon wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Prince Walik plans to enter again.

That, my dear, is pretty rich coming from you after the first half of your post. :P

That was was a while ago. I wouldn't do the same thing now.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Actually, I got the idea for James Allen from the forum's censors.
Trulli bad puns...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

With the season finally over (almost) it's about time I posted the provisional entry list for next year.

Rothmans Williams-Renault
SH: Prince Walik, Hermann Mann (eurobrun, pasta_maldonado)
1. Daniel Moreno
2. Pieter Kickert
TD: Clivio Durand

Mild Seven Benetton-Renault
SH: John Zimmer (TML)
3. Andrew Spokes
4. John Zimmer
TD:

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
SH: Andreas Stefano (FMecha)
5. Tom Douglas
6. Kazuhiko Takagi
TD:

West McLaren-Mercedes
SH: Don Rennis (Wizzie)
7. James Davies
8. Rory McAllister
TD:

B&H Jordan-Peugeot
SH: Leonhard von Gottorp (Klon)
9. Leonhard von Gottorp (TBC)
10. Damon Cannon (TBC)
TD:

Red Bull Sauber-Petronas
SH: Chris Forbes (eurobrun)
11. Pablo da Silva
12. Bernhard Pech
TD: Giovanni Roda

Ligier Gauloises Blondes
SH: Dennis Mignolet (This)
14. Masta Valsattis
15. Reiko Megumi
TD:

Minardi Team
SH: Masta Valsattis (AdrianSutil)
16. Gio van Dycke
17. Miko Fakkinen
TD:

Tyrrell-Ford
SH: Eadbhard O'Caiohmin (Shinji)
18. Eadbhard O'Caiohmin (TBC)
19. TBA
TD:

TWR Arrows
SH: Max von Hegel (tristan1117)
20. Jorg Scrattenheim
21. Stephano Baroncelli
TD: Alejandrina Rodriguez (MEX)

TF1 DAMS-Peugeot
SH: Thomas Kretzhaagel (Shizuka)
22. Niko Nurminen (TBC)
23. James Allen
TD: Robert Anderson

Volga Grand Prix
SH: Petr Chaddeev (The Lukas)
24. Anton Kaliniczenko
25. Siergiej Rozvadoskij
TD:

HSBC Malaysia Stewart-Ford
SH: Eddie Stewart (JeremyMcClean)
26. Ben Fleet
27. TBA
TD:

MasterCard Lola F1 Team
SH: Clint Mort (WaffleCat)
28. Poppy Whitechapel
29. TBA

Free Agents:
Giacomo Canfora
Jean-Denis Deletraz
Alexander von Hegel
Ivan Lopez
Martin van der Maeyede (Stewart priority)
Samael Meerwick
Martin McFry
Massimiliano Patrese
Giovanni Roda
Brett Sanderson
Tracey Wyndham
Plinio Vida
Flavius Zinteleman

As you can see, I have expanded the teams to include a test/reserve slot, as per FMecha's request. There is a large list of new drivers that I made up; you can choose to use them or just leave them, it won't hurt my feelings. DAMS, Minardi, Tyrrell and Arrows have the option to announce a title sponsor (please don't put a tobacco company, save me some trouble).
Last edited by tristan1117 on 04 Sep 2012, 23:41, edited 5 times in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Can I take over one of eurobrun's teams, as he currently has two?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I believe Nurminen and DAMS agreed to continue their partnership for another year.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Defenitely ROTY has to be Ligier in general, only 2 points with the 6th fastest car...

And oh, Ligiers test-driver will be Ron Mignolet.
Last edited by Nessafox on 02 Sep 2012, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
RonDenisDeletraz

JeremyMcClean wrote:Actually, I got the idea for James Allen from the forum's censors.

Which was in turn named after the commentator.

It's no big deal, it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

As I think I said earlier, Belgian pay driver Bernhard Pech will get the (crap) second Sauber seat.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

eurobrun wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:Actually, I got the idea for James Allen from the forum's censors.

As I think I said earlier, Belgian pay driver Bernhard Pech will get the (crap) second Sauber seat.

Eurobrun would you mind giving up one of your teams? Hermamn Mann is looking to become a seatholder somewhere, and he's prepared to give Mr Walik a large amount of Jagermeister and sausages to take one off his hands..... (it's fine if you don't want to)
RonDenisDeletraz

pasta_maldonado wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Eurobrun would you mind giving up one of your teams? Hermamn Mann is looking to become a seatholder somewhere, and he's prepared to give Mr Walik a large amount of Jagermeister and sausages to take one off his hands..... (it's fine if you don't want to)

How about this, joint ownership. I have control over one of the seats and you have control over the other one? Juat a suggestion.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

eurobrun wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

How about this, joint ownership. I have control over one of the seats and you have control over the other one? Juat a suggestion.

good idea. How about at Williams with the spare 2nd seat?
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Oh, I forgot to mention the test driver rules. Each team is allowed one test driver but having a test driver is optional.