F2RWRS - The feeder category of the F1RWRS

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: F2RWRS - The feeder category of the F1RWRS

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:With Hydook pulling out for 2016 and FGCR gaining the last slot, as confirmed while the forums were down, we have some decisions to make. Providing there is no limit for engine suppliers, we would like to continue our partnership with Lancia, and we are interested in signing Dan Greenlaw.

There is a five team limit for each engine manufacturer but since Lancia only have four teams under contract, you're free to sign with them.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Alitalia Press Conference wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, you have not been gathered here for nothing. Today, we have a big announcement for the future of Scuderia Alitalia.

There have been questions, about why there is still a vacant seat at the F2RWRS team. Well, the reality is a little different. It hasn't really been vacant at all. It's just we didn't want to tell you until now!

We asked ourselves, how can we strengthen our drive programme even more, when we already have two drivers fighting for the championship? Where can you go from there? Why do we even need to hire new people when we can continue with the current ones and just leave a gap elsewhere? But you know, being in the Lancia programme is a 360 experience, it's more about just putting an engine in the back of a chassis, and our customers can testify as much.

But of course, such an approach means the factory team can sometimes leave themselves short of options, if they are farming out their best talents to their customers. There is no doubt of the ability of Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, who will be moving closer to home with RonDen Racing Engineering. A Dutch driver at a Dutch speaking team, it makes sense for everyone involved. And then there's Marcel Agyemang-Badu, the last ever champion of Rejects of LFS, moving to one of our new customers Aeroracing. In a series where most of the drivers were lambasted for poor driving standards and picked up penalty points left right and centre, Marcel didn't get a single one all year.

So, who to partner Andrej Kremnicky? Well, we weren't going to let Bastiaan move to a customer team unless we could ensure a driver of the same quality would replace him. However, we managed it. We're very excited with our newest signing to the Alitalia Juniores Squadra, because he already looks like the real deal. It has to be said, Kremnicky will have to work really hard to make sure his team-mate doesn't beat him to the championship, because it's entirely possible.

So, without further ado, our second driver for the 2016 Formula 2 Reject World Race Series. Please welcome to the stage...

Dan Greenlaw.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Oh, well played kostas.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
Scuderia Alitalia Press Conference wrote:But you know, being in the Lancia programme is a 360 experience.

Sammy Jones wrote:Yeah, they just find themselves going round in circles all day getting nowhere.

Autosport wrote:Jones offers 2016 F2RWRS drive to Rueckert

In the wake of Scuderia Alitalia snapping up yet another top line driver as they attempt to strangle all life out of the F1RWRS' feeder series, Sammy Jones has defiantly stood firm despite having been one of a number of team bosses keen to secure the signature of American Greenlaw. Jones has instead handed Johannes Rueckert a contract to partner Terry Hawkin at his team for 2016, which Autosport understands the German has yet to agree on, but which seems likely to happen. Josh Carlisle who was also in the frame for the Jones drive looks set to remain with Falik Arrows for a second year.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

We are all so boned.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

After that huge announcement from Alitalia, here's an extremely minor announcement from Simpson. :lol:

Rick Simpson to race Gulf F2RWRS car at non-championship races
After being the unexpected 'highest placed' Gulf JCW driver in the F3RWRS (despite only racing in a few rounds as a substitute driver), Rick Simpson, the younger cousin of team owner Dave Simpson, will drive one of the team's cars in the end of season F2RWRS events. Even though he is entering the non-championship F2RWRS events, it is expected that he will drive for Mazzacane Motorsport in the F3RWRS next season. The second seat is currently undecided, so any driver who wants to test a F2RWRS car can apply for the seat.

Also, both full time Simpson seats are undecided for next season, so if you have a promising driver looking for a full time F2RWRS seat, it could be a wise decision to apply for the seat in the non-championship events.
This is a cool spot.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Lindsay: Greenlaw signing best kept secret in RWRS

After Dan Greenlaw's signing for Alitalia's junior team, team principal Alasdair Lindsay revealed just how difficult it was to keep the deal under wraps.

"I am very surprised the deal didn't get leaked to the press somehow - someone usually finds a way," said Lindsay. "Although to be honest, I think the most likely person to leak it was me!"

"This is a huge signing for us. Everyone knows Greenlaw's quality, it was obvious from the start of the year. So, much like we did with Kremnicky a year ago, we made sure to wrap up a long term deal for him early on, before he added yet more top results to his CV and became even more of a wanted man."

Despite the announcement only being made earlier today, the deal had been wrapped up mid-season and kept quiet, leading to many incorrect stories in the press connecting Greenlaw to other teams.

"It was quite funny towards the end of the season, watching most of the other F2RWRS rather publically climbing over one another to try and sign him, when we'd already concluded a deal for him months ago. But that doesn't mean it was a case of first come, first served. We have the best young driver programme in RWRS, and I think Greenlaw and his management could see that right away. They wouldn't have signed for us if they thought they could have found a better seat elsewhere, because, no doubt, if such a thing actually existed, Dan could have had it."

With the deal finally announced, Lindsay was eager to talk about next year, and was bullish about his team's chances in the championship.

"The Lancia engine was quick, but it was a bit unreliable at times," he said. "But the 2016 drivetrain package has fixed that. The reliabilty will come on leaps and bounds for next year. If we'd not had so many component failures, I think either Andrej or Bastiaan could have won the title this year. Kazama's car was bulletproof and that helped her win the title."

"For next year, we have the best lineup in F2RWRS, without a doubt. Two extremely strong drivers, both in terms of one lap performance and race pace. Andrej and Dan will both be fighting for the title I would expect. However, we obviously won't have it all our own way - I expect van Nieuwenhuijzen at RonDen and Agyemang-Badu at Aeroracing to be fighting the two Alitalia cars all the way."

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

A moment of silence for the 2016 championship battle.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'm getting the impression Alitalia is quickly becoming a mixture of Ralt Racing and Red Bull in the junior formulae. Not bad at all.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

ALITALIAWINSLOL :|
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

MinardiFan95 wrote:After that huge announcement from Alitalia, here's an extremely minor announcement from Simpson. :lol:

Rick Simpson to race Gulf F2RWRS car at non-championship races
After being the unexpected 'highest placed' Gulf JCW driver in the F3RWRS (despite only racing in a few rounds as a substitute driver), Rick Simpson, the younger cousin of team owner Dave Simpson, will drive one of the team's cars in the end of season F2RWRS events. Even though he is entering the non-championship F2RWRS events, it is expected that he will drive for Mazzacane Motorsport in the F3RWRS next season. The second seat is currently undecided, so any driver who wants to test a F2RWRS car can apply for the seat.

Also, both full time Simpson seats are undecided for next season, so if you have a promising driver looking for a full time F2RWRS seat, it could be a wise decision to apply for the seat in the non-championship events.

Hiroto Tojo would like to offer a deal, with Dave proably leaving. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Autosport wrote:KNIGHT PROUD OF +1 ACHIEVEMENTS

This time last year, if you'd have mentioned the name Plus One Group around any of the RWRS paddock's you'd have received several puzzled faces and exclamations of "Who?". Now, after just one year of RWRS competition, the name Plus One is now a hot topic, after being granted an entry into Formula 2 Rejects World Race Series for 2016. This development comes after Hydook Racing announced their withdrawal from F2RWRS last week. Plus One has experienced campaigns for Plus One in F3RWRS and F1RDS this year, with varying success.

Whilst their F3 season, run as usual under Foster's Good Call Racing, has been solid albeit unremarkable, the British squad's campaign in the inaugral season of F1RDS shows that the Group have what it takes to win races and challenge for titles. This fighting spirit, and experience of competition at the sharp end of the title is what founder and CEO Luke Knight feels sets +1 apart from other existing teams in F2RWRS.

"It feels great to be in F2" he said "and it's what the Group has been striving for all year. In all honesty, I didn't expect us to be granted a slot for next year [With the grid already full], and it's not the way I'd liked to have entered the category"

"However it came about, this is our best opportunity yet to show what we've got. Already, I feel like we've got the upper hand over Autodynamics [also new entrants], given our F1RDS title experience, a thriving driver development programme, and a continuation of our great partnership with Lancia."

"Our first seat will be taken by Martyn Rietacher, who impressed in ROLFS last year, but we are still undecided on a second driver"

In short: Driver applications wanted! :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Jef Verbeeck performed well with Best In The World Motorsport in F3RWRS and is a certified upper-class performer in GT cars. He could be helpful for Plus One's first season, not to mention a (admittedly small) amount of BITW cash will come with him.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Pasta, Josh Carlisle is interested in a seat if he's shown the door by Falik Arrows. I'm still not sure what SuperAguri is planning to do with his team for 2016 yet.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Falik Arrows confirm 2016 entry

Falik Arrows have confirmed their entry for 2016 and have offered contracts to the current drivers, Josh Carlisle and Yuka Katayama a contract. Prince Falik has been very quiet but it known that he has read the riot act to the drivers and sacked a number of the team senior members due to their slide from being a point scoring team to one that is always outside the points.

Victoria Desai to be given F2RWRS chance
Kamaha Motorsports F3RWRS driver, Victoria Desai has been given a race by Falik Arrows to replace the injured Yuka Katayama, although a one off race and she is expected to sign for another season in F3RWRS with Kamaha it is possible a good result could see her in F2RWRS a year early.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Autosport wrote:PLUS ONE LOOKING TO MAKE A GOOD CALL WITH RUECKERT

Speculation about who will driver the second Good Call in F2RWRS next year steps up after Plus One reveal they are courting Johannes Rueckert. The German has had a resurgent end to 2015 after switching from Hydook Racing to Jones halfway through the season, and this form seems to have had an impact on Luke Knight.

"Rueckert's a talented lad" said Knight from Plus One headquarters in Lakeside, Essex "and he would be an effective and fast addition to our operation. With a driver of his calibre on board, Pre-Qualifying would be much less of a hassle"

Knight was under no illusions that starting the year in Pre-Qulaifying would be a walk in the park, however.

"Pre-Qualifying will be tough, there's no doubt about it. With 6 teams and 12 cars now competing for 4 spaces in regular qualifying, having a competent, fast driver who knows what he is doing in the car makes all the difference. We believe that Johannes is that guy. Coming up against Kingfisher, Dofasco and AeroRacing, and beating them will be impossible without the right driver."

tristan, the offer's there if you want it.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Carlisle will re-sign with Falik then, that's confirmed.

Autosport wrote:Jones tells Knight: "hands off Rueckert"

Sammy Jones has angrily responded to unsolicited calls from the Plus One group to his contracted driver Johannes Rueckert with whom he has offered an extension to his initial five race deal in the latter half of 2015. Jones branded Plus One boss Luke Knight as a "desperate lowlife scumbag" and later adding that "jumping into bed with Alitalia is the sort of retarded decision reserved for idiotic morons like Phoenix McAllister." He has told Knight in no uncertain terms that Rueckert "will be a Jones driver next year" and that Knight should "stick to sucking Alitalia's little dick like the good well-behaved boys they are".

Jones is understood to be awaiting a response from Rueckert following his offer for a full time drive in 2016. Plus One's recent interest in the driver is said by one Jones source to be "a hopeless waste of time".

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ok, I'm hoping that I'll be able to get Indy done next week (Although it's looking highly unlikely at this rate) but in order to do so, I'll need replacements for Katayama, Kazama and Valsattis within the next week or so.

I'll also be posting a new thread for 2016 within the next few weeks but again, don't count on it being done immediately
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

If I remember correctly I think Marko Jantscher nominated himself to replace Kazama for Indy. I'll be willing to accept now, just waiting for the approval of Ataxia.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

JeremyMcClean wrote:If I remember correctly I think Marko Jantscher nominated himself to replace Kazama for Indy. I'll be willing to accept now, just waiting for the approval of Ataxia.

Of course I approve! :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:If I remember correctly I think Marko Jantscher nominated himself to replace Kazama for Indy. I'll be willing to accept now, just waiting for the approval of Ataxia.

Of course I approve! :lol:

Then it's confirmed then. :)
Trulli bad puns...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Following on from a conversation in the F1RWRS chat at the weekend, Tristan has confirmed that Rueckert will sign for Jones for 2016.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Are the F2 and F1RWRS Indy events at the same time? Because if not then I don't see why Valsattis can't double-up for both teams.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Are the F2 and F1RWRS Indy events at the same time? Because if not then I don't see why Valsattis can't double-up for both teams.

They are on the same weekend. Problem is he got a two race ban for being an idiot in Road America so while he'll be in the F1RWRS race, he won't be allowed to participate in the F2RWRS race.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie, check your e-mail.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As I said in the other thread, the race will be this weekend (Around 9pm GMT on Friday night to be exact, assuming that I wake up) but before then, I'll need a replacement for Katayama at Falik Arrows.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I just noticed that I now have drivers in three different driver development programs at the same time. Desai is tied to Kamaha, Greenlaw is tied to Alitalia (ex-MRT) and Rueckert is with Jones. That also leaves my RDS/F3RWRS/ROLFS operations as a fourth program, although those are just a haven for my crappy American drivers.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Something that I forgot to mention earlier is due to concerns about the speed difference between drivers entering and exiting pit lane, and drivers on hotlaps, we will be reverting to 2014 qualifying rules for Indianapolis. This is the provisional running order for that session:

1. 4th fastest driver from pre-qualifying
2. 3rd fastest driver from pre-qualifying
3. 2nd fastest driver from pre-qualifying
4. Fastest driver from pre-qualifying
5. Car 6 (Marko Jantscher)
6. Car 5 (Jordan Davies)
7. Car 3 (TBA)
8. Car 9 (Andrej Kremnicky)
9. Car 4 (Josh Carlisle)
10. Car 29 (Gianluigi Pazzini)
11. Car 18 (Dave Anderson)
12. Car 2 (Michael Robertson)
13. Car 1 (Alessandro Marchesi)
14. Car 28 (Wouter Lamberigts)
15. Car 21 (Jean-Vincent Albertini)
16. Car 8 (Catarina Lopes)
17. Car 19 (Michael Cameron)
18. Car 24 (Terry Hawkin)
19. Car 25 (Johannes Rueckert)
20. Car 10 (Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen)
21. Car 7 (Alberto Cara)
22. Car 20 (Gregor Pascal)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

tristan1117 wrote:I just noticed that I now have drivers in three different driver development programs at the same time. Desai is tied to Kamaha, Greenlaw is tied to Alitalia (ex-MRT) and Rueckert is with Jones. That also leaves my RDS/F3RWRS/ROLFS operations as a fourth program, although those are just a haven for my crappy American drivers.

Hmm, you said in the deal for Greenlaw I had to take on Desai in the Alitalia Juniores Squadra. Has that now changed?

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

In other news, the Tropican tourist board has released this video of the new circuit in Tropico.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

2015 F2RWRS FedEx 100

Pre-Qualifying

The Zimmer brothers were probably having some choice words with their protegees Daniel Melville and Carter Simpson after the pre-qualifying session was over, but not before the stewards got to them first. Both of them had held up Laurent Seron during his hotlaps, which earned both of them a trip to the stewards' office, and denied Dofasco the chance to make it through to the race. And that was before you got to the fact that Melville blew both his hotlaps through wild moments at turn 1 and general over-driving on his return. With Melville's troubles and Dofasco's bad luck, it was Aeroracing that took the second Pre-Q slot behind the rampaging Kingfishers, with the struggling team to make only their second start since Turkey.

1. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): 43.997
2. J. Case (Kingfisher-Holden): +0.069

3. C. Simpson (Young Lions-Holden): +0.398
4. R. Suoto Maior (Aeroracing-Audi): +0.482
5. A. Buyvolov (Dofasco-Audi): +0.527
6. L. Seron (Dofasco-Audi): +0.589
7. M. Bizzarri (Aeroracing-Audi): +0.596
8. B. Ristic (Hydook-Aston Martin): +0.658
9. E. Molinaro (Hydook-Aston Martin): +0.748
10. D. Melville (Young Lions-Holden): +1.452

Qualifying

If there was ever one that got away from Michael Cameron, this one was it. As the commissioner's attempt to minimise traffic through a format change backfired spectacularly, Cameron was baulked badly by Catarina Lopes on her inlap, costing him half a second, which was the gap between him and eventual polesitter Basitaan van Nieuwenhuijzen as Cameron had gone fastest in both sectors 2 and 3. This wasn't the only incident on track, as Jordan Davies earned himself a caution for an incident with Nick Nurmester, having gotten away without a bigger penalty as the stewards decided that Davies did make attempts to let Nurmester through before the Finn's lap. Alberto Cara meanwhile earned himself a three race ban for next year's F2RWRS season after his awful baulking of Gregor Pascal, with the severe penalty being handed out as it was Cara's fourth trip to the stewards office for 2015. On the other side of the coin, we had the two Kingfishers on the third row, Lopes up in the dizzying heights of 7th and the MRTs not being absolutely useless for once.

1. B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): 43.789 (1 point)
2. W. Lamberigts (RonDen-Lancia): +0.016
3. A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): +0.116
4. G. Pazzini (RonDen-Lancia): +0.203
5. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): +0.235
6. J. Case (Kingfisher-Holden): +0.250
7. C. Lopes (Beirao-BMW): +0.359
8. A. Cara (Beirao-BMW): +0.397
9. J. Rueckert (Jones-Aston Martin): +0.403
10. J. Davies (Aston Martin): +0.417
11. M. Cameron (Simpson-BMW): +0.499
12. M. Jantscher (Aston Martin): +0.570
13. A. Marchesi (MRT-BMW): +0.583
14. T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): +0.589
15. D. Anderson (Simpson-BMW): +0.653
16. R. Souto Maior (Aeroracing-Audi): +0.733
17. M. Robertson (MRT-BMW): +0.739
18. J. Carlisle (Falik-BMW): +0.741
19. J-V. Albertini (Gillet-BMW): +0.870
20. M. Bizzarri (Aeroracing-Audi): +0.992
21. N. Nurmester (Falik-BMW): +1.155
22. G. Pascal (Gillet-BMW): +1.272
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 28 Mar 2013, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Qualifying will be live in a few minutes on the F1 Rejects chatroom: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:I just noticed that I now have drivers in three different driver development programs at the same time. Desai is tied to Kamaha, Greenlaw is tied to Alitalia (ex-MRT) and Rueckert is with Jones. That also leaves my RDS/F3RWRS/ROLFS operations as a fourth program, although those are just a haven for my crappy American drivers.

Hmm, you said in the deal for Greenlaw I had to take on Desai in the Alitalia Juniores Squadra. Has that now changed?

Well, that was a long-term thing anyway. She's already been reconfigured at Kamaha for now.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Qualifying results up. The race will be on Friday at 21:00 GMT at the F1 Rejects chatroom
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I get the feeling that RonDen are going to score pole at every single race in 2016...

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

This is only a confirmation that Alberto Cara is nothing but a liability on the track. Always causing trouble one way or the other.

Good thing the debutants for Aston aren't numpties.
Trulli bad puns...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JeremyMcClean wrote:This is only a confirmation that Alberto Cara is nothing but a liability on the track. Always causing trouble one way or the other.

Good thing the debutants for Aston aren't numpties.

Jordan Davies wrote:Thanks! :D Yeah it was a great lap I had, the car was going really well and I was going really well, Marko already went really well, so the whole team went really well today! I don't know what's gonna happen in the race, though, but I'm gonna go as fast as I can and try and help the team have a good finish because this has been an awesome year for them, and also for me, and I want to finish it off good! Um, I'm not sure what was going on with that Nurmester guy though, I tried to let him through but I guess he forgot I had to go in the pits since I already did my lap. It's a shame for him but I'm just glad I kept my positon. :D
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The race will be live in a few minutes on the F1 Rejects chatroom
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

2015 F2RWRS FedEx 100

Race

Positives

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen - While most of the field were losing their heads (and their competition licenses for varying periods of time), the flying Dutchman kept his cool long enough to take a dominating win at Indianapolis, becoming the only three-time winner this year in the process. When stablemates Andrej Kremnicky and Gianluigi Pazzini found the turn 3 wall early on, he took over the lead of the race and was virtually unheeded to the flag as he embarks on his new career at RonDen next season.

Justin Case - The Kingfisher supersub did a marvelous job on his F2RWRS debut at probably the toughest event of them all. After losing his front wing early on thanks to debris, he ended up losing a lap on the leaders and seemingly out of contention for the podium. Through consistent driving and smart strategy from his team however, he was able to claw that lap back to finish a magnificent second in his first ever F2RWRS race.

Raul Souto Maior - Having already done a solid job in qualifying, the young Brazilian followed it up with an aggressive but fair drive through the midfield as he quickly made his way into the points. Once all the madness had occurred, Souto Maior suddenly found himself in 3rd place and battling with Gregor Pascal for the final podium spot. After a brief tussle, Souto Maior started pulling away from the Swiss driver to take home his, and Aeroracing's, first podium.

Negatives

Aston Martin Motor Racing - Oh boy, where to begin? Jordan Davies could have been right in contention to win this race, having battled his way from outside the top 10 into second ahead of Nieuwenhuijzen in the early going. And then the Brit threw it all away with a mindless accident against the turn 3 barrier, and then became one of many people who Theo Ruleboke took his frustrations out on as was one of many who walked away from the race with a one race ban. Marko Jantscher on the other hand survived most of the carnage to be in the minor points before a puncture as he struggled around the track trying in vain to get back to the pits. He ended up parking the car right next to the racing line at turn 2, which nearly caused an enormous accident with leader Nieuwenhuijzen, and earned himself a two race ban for his troubles.

Martin van der Maeyede - While many people had some pretty awful races, Martin's race was especially rejectful as he managed to brush the wall at turn 1 while in the heat of the battle. After falling out of the points, he made his way back into them before falling victim of the massive pileup Andrej Kremnicky caused. After a stop for a new front wing, Maeyede aimlessly trolled around the back of the field before his miserable afternoon came to an early end in the turn 3 barrier, and became yet another victim of Ruleboke as he laid down the law on people who hadn't learned the lessons of the previous two FedEx 100s and people crawling around the track.

Licor Beirao Racing - If the Zimmers were angry at Daniel Melville for throwing away GRM's berth in pre-qualifying, then the bosses of Beirao must have been absolutely fuming at losing results that would have seen them out of pre-qualifying for next year. Alberto Cara spent most of his race battling inside the points before firing off into the turn 3 barrier, but to his credit, he was smart enough to stop the car rather than crawl around the track aimlessly. Catarina Lopes meanwhile was having easily the best race of her career as she was running in a podium position before she collected an errant wheel from Maeyede's shunt and firing off into the turn 4 wall.

Andrej Kremnicky - Kremnicky must have been a fan of Pastor Maldonado at some point in his career, as he has proven time and time again to be capable of incredible turns of speed, which have been coupled with moments of sheer madness. Here, he was leading comfortably in the early going, before he slid up into the turn 3 barrier. He then continued crawling around the track. With terminal damage. On the racing line. With the entire field bearing down on him. The ensuing melee violently eliminated Alessandro Marchesi and Johannes Rueckert, and sent Maeyede in for a new front wing. Marchesi's impact was so violent he will miss the Bud Light 800 due to a suspected grade I concussion. It was simply a miracle that Kremnicky didn't take half the field out with him, and the fact that he got a four race ban and Reject of the Race at the end of it was justly deserved for the Slovakian.

Results
1. B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): 1h 16m 21.659
2. J. Case (Kingfisher-Holden): +12.310
3. R. Souto Maior (Aeroracing-Audi): +1 LAP
4. G. Pascal (Gillet-BMW): +1 LAP
5. N. Nurmester (Falik-BMW): +1 LAP
DNF. M. Robertson (MRT-BMW): Engine
DNF. M. Jantscher (Aston Martin): Puncture
DNF. D. Anderson (Simpson-BMW): Accident
DNF. M. Bizzarri (Aeroracing-Audi): Accident
DNF. T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): Accident
DNF. C. Lopes (Beirao-BMW): : Accident
DNF. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): Accident
DNF. G. Pazzini (RonDen-Zastava): Accident
DNF. A. Cara (Beirao-BMW): Accident
DNF. J. Davies (Aston Martin): Accident
DNF. W. Lamberigts (Ronden-Zastava): Oil Leak
DNF. J-V. Albertini (Gillet-BMW): Accident
DNF. A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): Accident
DNF. J. Rueckert (Jones-Aston Martin): Collision
DNF. A. Marchesi (MRT-BMW): Collision
DNF. M. Cameron (Simpson-BMW): Transmission
DNF. J. Carlisle (Falik-BMW): Accident

Pole: B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): 43.789
Fastest Lap: A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): 44.049
Reject of the Race: Andrej Kremnicky - Went into full-retard mode and nearly took half the field with him
Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race: Justin Case/Raul Souto Maior - Survived the carnage and reaped the rewards for it
Leaders: A. Kremnicky: 1-4, 7-10 (Total: 8)
G. Pazzini: 5-6, 11-18 (Total: 10)
B. van Nieuwenhuijzen: 19-35, 38-100 (Total: 80)
R. Souto Maior: 36-37 (Total: 2)

Drivers Championship
1. T. Kazama (Aston Martin): 64 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 4 3rds) (Drivers' Champion)
2. B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): 59 points (3 wins, 1 2nd)
3. A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): 41 points (2 wins, 1 3rd)
4. J-V. Albertini (Gillet-BMW): 40 points (2 wins, 1 2nd, 1 3rd)
5. W. Lamberigts (RonDen-Zastava): 40 points (2 wins)
6. M. Cameron (Simpson-BMW): 40 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 1 3rd)
7. T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): 40 points (1 win, 2 3rds)
8. J. Rueckert (Hydook-Aston Martin): 31 points (2 2nds, 1 3rd)
9. G. Pascal (Gillet-BMW): 28 points (1 win, 1 3rd)
10. A. Cara (Beirao-BMW): 27 points (1 win, 2 3rds)
11. C. Simpson (Young Lions-Holden): 24 points (2 2nds)
12. A. Marchesi (MRT-BMW): 23 points (1 win, 1 3rd)
13. Y. Katayama (Falik-BMW): 23 points (1 2nd)
14. G. Pazzini (RonDen-Zastava): 20 points (1 2nd)
15. D. Anderson (Simpson-BMW): 14 points (Best Result: 2 4ths)
16. D. Melville (Young Lions-Holden): 12 points (1 2nd)
17. M. Robertson (MRT-BMW): 12 points (Best Result: 2 4ths)
18. J. Carlisle (Falik-BMW): 12 points (Best Result: 2 5ths)
19. M. Bizzarri (Alitalia-Lancia): 8 points (1 2nd)
20. J. Case (Kingfisher-Holden): 8 points (1 2nd)
21. T. Nash (Young Lions-Holden/Aston Martin): 7 points (Best Result: 2 6ths)
22. R. Souto Maior (Aeroracing-Audi): 6 points (1 3rd)
23. T. Jason (Aeroracing-Audi): 6 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
24. C. Lopes (Beirao-BMW): 6 points (Best Result: 2 6ths)
25. R. Zimmer (Young Lions-Holden): 4 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
26. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): 4 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
27. N. Nurmester (Falik Arrows-BMW): 4 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
28. E. Molinaro (Hydook-Aston Martin): 2 points (Best Result: 1 7th)
29. A. Buyvolov (Dofasco-Audi): 2 points (Best Result: 1 7th)
30. M. Valsattis (Kingfisher-Holden): 1 point (Best Result: 1 8th)
31. D. Greenlaw (MRT-BMW): 1 point (Best Result: 1 12th)
32. M. Glotch (Aston Martin): 0 points (Best Results: 1 9th, 1 11th)
33. L. Seron (Dofasco-Audi): 0 points (Best Results: 1 9th, 1 14th)
34. E. Swerts (Gillet-BMW): 0 points (Best Result: 1 9th)
35. S. Mondlane (Beirao-BMW): 0 points (Best Result: 1 10th)
36. H. Shioya (Jones-Aston Martin): 0 points (Best Result: 1 11th)
37. P. McCracken (Hydook-Aston Martin/Aeroracing-Audi): 0 points (Best Result: 1 17th)
38. A. Lilly (Kingfisher-Holden): 0 points (Best Results: 1 DNF, 9 DNPQs)
=39. J. Davies (Aston Martin): 0 points (Best Result: 1 DNF)
=39. M. Jantscher (Aston Martin): 0 points (Best Result: 1 DNF)
41. S. Davidson (Kingfisher-Holden): 0 points (Best Results: 5 DNPQs)
=42. W. Cieslar (Dofasco-Audi): 0 points (Best Results: 4 DNPQs)
=42. B. Ristic (Hydook-Aston Martin): 0 points (Best Results: 4 DNPQs)
=44. D. Alvarez Torrente (Dofasco-Audi): 0 points (Best Result: 1 DNPQ)
=44. A. Bosevic (Hydook-Aston Martin): 0 points (Best Result: 1 DNPQ)
=44. B. Voeckler (Aeroracing-Audi): 0 points (Best Result: 1 DNPQ)

Teams Championship
1. Scuderia Lancia Alitalia: 108 points (5 wins, 2 2nds, 1 3rd) (Teams' Champion)
2. Aston Martin Motor Racing: 71 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 4 3rds)
3. Gillet Ecuire Nationale Belge-BMW: 68 points (3 wins, 1 2nd, 2 3rds)
4. RonDen Racing Engineering-Zastava: 60 points (2 wins, 1 2nd)
5. Gulf M/Power Simpson Motorsport-BMW: 54 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 1 3rd)
6. Castrol Jones Racing-Aston Martin: 53 points (1 win, 1 2nd, 2 3rds)
7. GRM Holden Young Lions: 40 points (3 2nds)
8. Falik Arrows-BMW: 39 points (1 2nd)
9. Virgin Melrose Racing Team-BMW: 36 points (1 win, 1 3rd)
10. Licor Beirão Portugal Racing-BMW: 33 points (1 win, 2 3rds)
11. Hydook Racing Team-Aston Martin: 20 points (1 2nd, 1 3rd)
12. Kingfisher Holden: 13 points (1 2nd)
13. Aeroracing Engineering-Audi: 12 points (1 3rd)
14. Dofasco Lukoil Racing-Audi: 2 points (Best Result: 1 7th)

Manufacturers Championship
1. Lancia: 137 points (7 wins, 4 2nds, 3 3rds)
2. BMW: 125 points (6 wins, 3 2nds, 3 3rds)
3. Aston Martin: 102 points (2 wins, 4 2nds, 6 3rds)
4. Holden: 66 points (4 2nds, 1 3rd)
5. Audi: 33 points (2 3rds)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

And now, for the really interesting bit:

Theo Ruleboke wrote:First of all, I am highly disappointed with Commissioner Tom Douglas for his conduct after the race. I mean, we may have gotten a bit carried away after the race, but even so, I have been telling him for months that this race was a bad idea after last year. But that is something for another day.

Onto more important matters and we made it perfectly clear to the drivers on multiple occasions throughout the year that we would not be tolerating 'crawling' around the track at Indianapolis, and we are disappointed that the warning went largely unheeded and as a result, we have handed out the following punishments for the following drivers:

Car 4 - Josh Carlisle: 1 race ban for crawling around the track, to be served at the first race of the 2016 season
Car 5 - Jordan Davies: 1 race ban for crawling around the track, to be served at the first race of the 2016 season
Car 6 - Marko Jantscher: 2 race ban for crawling around the track and parking in a dangerous position, to be served at the first two races of the 2016 season
Car 7 - Alberto Cara: 3 race ban for breaking his probation during qualifying, to be served at the first three races of the 2016 season
Car 9 - Andrej Kremnicky: 4 race ban for breaking his probation, crawling around the track and causing an avoidable accident, to be served at the first four races of the 2016 season
Car 14 - Marco Bizzarri: 1 race ban for crawling around the track, to be served at the first race of the 2016 season
Car 19 - Dave Anderson: 1 race ban for crawling around the track, to be served at the first race of the 2016 season
Car 24 - Terry Hawkin: 2 race ban for breaking his probation and crawling around the track, to be served at the first two races of the 2016 season
Car 27 - Martin van der Maeyede: 1 race ban for crawling around the track, to be served at the first race of the 2016 season
Car 29 - Gianluigi Pazzini: 1 race ban for crawling around the track, to be served at the first race of the 2016 season