F2RWRS - The feeder category of the F1RWRS

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: F2RWRS - The feeder category of the F1RWRS

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Alitalia wants to appeal the decision to reduce Kazama's punishment, as the ban for 1 race should be reinstated. It was totally reckless driving, and as we've seen in RoLFS, if drivers go unpunished for stupid driving it can lead to a lax culture towards driving standards and end up with someone severely injured or dead.

Also, the original appeal which we are protesting against goes against the spirit of the championship, as when van Nieuwenhuijzen was handed a 1 race ban earlier in the season Scuderia Alitalia accepted it without appeal. We would probably have got one had we asked as the F2RWRS commission is ridiculously lenient when it comes to enforcing original punishments, with an extremely high appeal success rate. Get the decision right to start with.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Well that was extremely predictable.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Scuderia Alitalia wants to appeal the decision to reduce Kazama's punishment, as the ban for 1 race should be reinstated. It was totally reckless driving, and as we've seen in RoLFS, if drivers go unpunished for stupid driving it can lead to a lax culture towards driving standards and end up with someone severely injured or dead.

While Dave Anderson does neither support or oppose Alitalia's argument, Anderson would like to call for a disqualification of the driver in question's results for the Japanese GP. :x
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I see that it's not necessairy anymore, but Justin Case can drive for any team without my permission, actually. Replacing others is the whole purpose of his character. Wizzie clearly understood the concept, and that's why he choose him. I'm curious to see where he will end up, using this kind of career strategy.
There are only 2 conditions on running him: 1) the contract must be temporary 2) it must not clash with races i planned to run him myself, i will probably need him a few times for driver bans/unjuries.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

While Tom Douglas sorts out the crap concerning Kazama (Although considering he allegedly slapped the hell out of Theo minutes after he reversed Kazama's ban on Sunday night at Fuji, I think one can see where this is going), here's the first sessions of Road America

2015 F2RWRS United Airlines Grand Prix of America

Pre-Qualifying
1. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): 1:45.696
2. M. Valsattis (Kingfisher-Holden): +0.052
3. C. Simpson (Young Lions-Holden): +0.168

4. L. Seron (Dofasco-Audi): +0.673
5. D. Alvarez Torrente (Dofasco-Audi): +0.705
6. R. Zimmer (Young Lions-Holden): +0.939
7. E. Molinaro (Hydook-Aston Martin): +1.254
8. M. Bizzarri (Aeroracing-Audi): +1.378
9. A. Bosevic (Hydook-Aston Martin): +1.754
10. B. Voeckler (Aeroracing-Audi): +2.802

Qualifying
1. W. Lamberigts (RonDen-Lancia): 1:44.538 (1 point)
2. A. Cara (Beirao-BMW): +0.727
3. A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): +0.846
4. M. Cameron (Simpson-BMW): +0.945
5. T. Nash (Aston Martin): +1.149
6. C. Simpson (GRM-Holden): +1.183
7. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): +1.235
8. M. Valsattis (Kingfisher-Holden): +1.270
9. G. Pascal (Gillet-BMW): +1.277
10. G. Pazzini (RonDen-Lancia): +1.328
11. Y. Katayama (Falik-BMW): +1.399
12. B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): +1.446
13. T. Kazama (Aston Martin): +1.551
14. J. Carlisle (Falik-BMW): +1.574
15. J-V. Albertini (Gillet-BMW): +1.616
16. T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): +1.621
17. D. Anderson (Simpson-BMW): +1.701
18. J. Rueckert (Jones-Aston Martin): +1.937
19. R. Zimmer (GRM-Holden): +1.953
20. M. Robertson (MRT-BMW): +2.532
21. A. Marchesi (MRT-BMW): +2.564
22. C. Lopes (Beirao-BMW): +3.228
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Woah, the Kingfishers are inseperable :shock:

Martin van der Maeyede wrote:It's great for me and the team to be fastest in Pre-Qualifying again, and to have Matthias right behind me shows just how well the car is working this weekend. 7th and 8th might not look like much, but it's the best qualifying performance overall for Kingfisher this year. For the race tomorrow, provided everything stays in one piece me and Matthias should be able to get decent points, especially since Kremnicky is in front of us this time!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:Aeroracing Engineering has to side with Scuderia Alitalia on this issue. We've had first hand experience of what happened with Tanner Jason over time, and what Tomo Kazama was up to during last race was every bit as reprehensible. The uplift of the ban makes no sense and opens the door to reckless driving. We're deeply unsatisfied at the Commision's decision.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Surprise surprise, Wouter Lamberigts get another pole-position. Seriously, if that Lancia engine is any good next year, your qualifying sessions are going to be very boring!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I wonder if it's possible to win the championship by taking pole position in every race and winning the tight tracks (Monaco, Singapore, etc.)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

JeremyMcClean wrote:I wonder if it's possible to win the championship by taking pole position in every race and winning the tight tracks (Monaco, Singapore, etc.)

If other drivers are doing really rejectful, he might stand a chance. Poles can help though, Van Dycke almost won the LGPS by scoring many poles, i think he would have won if he wasn't injured for 3 races.

But this is FRWRS, where anything can happen. And it usually does.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Race start is now a few minutes away on the F1 Rejects chatroom
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

My god, this race is turning out to be a total goddamn farce...

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

2015 F2RWRS United Airlines Grand Prix of America

Race

Positives

Gillet ENB - If it weren't for Jean-Vincent Albertini's late-race suspension failure, they would have had a definite 1-3 and potentially even a 1-2 finish on their hands, which would have vaulted them right into the hunt for second place with Aston Martin in the teams championship. Gillet were one of the teams who played the strategy card to perfection by putting both their cars on one-stop strategies in the madness at Road America as after two red flags and several enormous accidents, Gregor Pascal became the tenth different winner of the season with a controlled and calculated drive on a day where so many others lost their heads. Albertini meanwhile was in a fierce but fair battle with Carter Simpson late in the race for second place until the left rear suspension collapsed midway through the Carousel, bringing his afternoon to a heartbreaking early close.

Carter Simpson - In the end, the difference between the one and two stopper wasn't much as Carter Simpson in the GRM showed. Having been consistently in the top 5 all afternoon, he stayed out longer than all his fellow two-stopping at both pitstop phases, and ended up leapfrogging Lamberigts and Cara during the process and without Gillet's strategic masterstroke, we would have been talking about Simpson's first F2RWRS victory. Regardless, second on a day where he would have been more liable to a costly mistake than most on the slightly inferior two-stopper was all in a good day's work for the Australian.

Jones Racing - 6th and 7th may not be a vintage result for Jones Racing but considering their pre-race pace, it was a very good result none the less. Even compared to the Aston Martin works team, Jones were absolutely nowhere in qualifying, and once they fell to the back of the queue after poor starts, it looked like points were a pipe dream for Sammy Jones' mob. However, Terry Hawkin was having none of it as he used the right mix of aggression and control to climb his way back through the field to snare two points on the two-stop strategy as well as an extra point for fastest lap, while Johannes Rueckert lead his more highly-rated teammate home with a quiet but smooth drive on the one-stop strategy, despite being held up for several laps by Catarina Lopes

Negatives

Melrose Racing Team - It was another one of those days where the negatives list could be a mile long and, yet again, the first cab off the rank was the hapless MRTs. While Daniel Melrose was too busy making a fool out of himself in Brazil, Alessandro Marchesi had a horrific afternoon where he spent all of it going up and down the field like a yo-yo, before earning himself a probation for shoving Dave Anderson into the wall at Canada Corner. By the end of it, Marchesi had planted the No. 1 MRT firmly in the wall at the Carousel and as he walked away from the wreck, one could easily tell his MRT career can now be measured in hours. Michael Robertson however wasn't being absolutely useless for once as the one-stop strategy had him running in the points after the pitstops were completed. That was until the BMW engine blew up in spectacular fashion, capping off a miserable afternoon for the now former champions.

Michael Cameron - Sheer dumb luck alone and nothing else got him the final point at days end. After having the misfortune of grabbing the lead just before the first red flag for the five car pileup at turn 1 involved Andrej Kremnicky, Alberto Cara, Tomo Kazama, Yuka Katayama and Johannes Rueckert, he proceeded to punt Kremnicky off the road at Canada Corner on the second lap of the restart, earning himself a probation for his troubles. After that, he showed no real pace on the two-stopper as he spent the rest of the afternoon trolling around the back of the field while other people fell off the road.

Falik Arrows - The humiliation conga steamrolled into Road America when Yuka Katayama got involved in the first pileup on lap six, leaving the Falik Arrows car an absolute wreck. Despite walking around with a very noticeable limp and in considerable pain, she took the restart in the spare car, which came to a halt after seven laps with a transmission failure. Josh Carlisle meanwhile spent his time being a mobile chicane before he too suffered from an identical transmission failure, as the team now face the worrying prospect of trying to avoid pre-qualifying next season.

Tomo Kazama - The powers that be weren't smiling down on Aston Martin today as new champion Tomo Kazama slid off the road during the lap six melee which caused the first restart. Having taken the restart in the spare car, she quickly made her way into the points, before she proved she had no problem having an accident of her own as she fired into the wall at the Kink, walking away from the event with her race ban from Japan reinstated after Tom Douglas decided that something had to be done about the carnage in Road America.

Ryan Zimmer - He may have scored his first F2RWRS points but it didn't make for the fact he also walked away with a three race ban after the event. While Kazama was too busy embarrassing herself, Tommy Nash in the sister car was on track for some minor points, until Zimmer decided to dive down the inside at the Kink. The resulting accident was sickening enough to bring out the second red flag of the afternoon as the medical team attended to Nash. The Canadian was incredibly lucky to escape with only a broken left leg and a severe concussion from the 150mph impact with the armco but even so, he'll be out of a racing car until next May, leaving Aston Martin the daunting task of repairing all three cars and finding two new drivers in the space of a week.

Matthias Valsattis - Despite all that, Matthias Valsattis provided the best example of how to be an absolute clown on track as he also walked home with a two race ban and with his Kingfisher career in the balance for troubles. On lap two of the original start, he dived down the inside of teammate Martin van der Maeyede at the Kink, writing off both race cars in the process. The restart allowed them both another shot, with Valsattis using the spare Kingfisher while Maeyede used the GRM spare car the works Holden team had kindly loaned to Kingfisher. Valsattis then used the opportunity to do the exact same thing in the second race, on the second lap, on the same driver, at the same spot, and with the same destructive result. For being the biggest muppet in the history of anything ever, Matthias Valsattis earned the ire of his team and the Reject of the Race award.

Results
1. G. Pascal (Gillet-BMW): 56m 24.600
2. C. Simpson (GRM-Holden): +13.971
3. A. Cara (Beirao-BMW): +15.411
4. B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): +40.148
5. R. Zimmer (GRM-Holden): +43.479
6. J. Rueckert (Jones-Aston Martin): +46.111
7. T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): +46.599
8. M. Cameron (Simpson-BMW): +53.424
9. C. Lopes (Beirao-BMW): : +1:21.210
10. J-V. Albertini (Gillet-BMW): +2 LAPS*
11. W. Lamberigts (Ronden-Zastava): +3 LAPS*
12. A. Marchesi (MRT-BMW): +3 LAPS*
DNF. M. Robertson (MRT-BMW): Engine
DNF. D. Anderson (Simpson-BMW): Collision
DNF. G. Pazzini (RonDen-Zastava): Engine
DNF. T. Nash (Aston Martin): Collision
DNF. J. Carlisle (Falik-BMW): Transmission
DNF. T. Kazama (Aston Martin): Accident
DNF. Y. Katayama (Falik-BMW): Transmission
DNF. A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): Collision
DNF. M. Valsattis (Kingfisher-Holden): Collision
DNF. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): Collision

Pole: W. Lamberigts (RonDen-Zastava): 1:44.538
Fastest Lap: T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): 1:46.185
Reject of the Race: Matthias Valsattis - Had two moments of massive brain fade and got lucky that both he and Maeyede walked away from it twice
Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race: Gregor Pascal - Did you seriously think he'd have it in him to win? No, me neither
Leaders: A. Cara: 1-9, 18-20 (Total: 12)
C. Simpson: 10-11, 21-22 (Total: 4)
G. Pascal: 12-16, 23-31 (Total: 14)
J-V. Albertini: 17 (Total: 1)

Drivers Championship
1. T. Kazama (Aston Martin): 64 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 4 3rds) (Drivers' Champion)
2. B. van Nieuwenhuijzen (Alitalia-Lancia): 48 points (2 wins, 1 2nd)
3. J-V. Albertini (Gillet-BMW): 40 points (2 wins, 1 2nd, 1 3rd)
4. A. Kremnicky (Alitalia-Lancia): 40 points (2 wins, 1 3rd)
5. W. Lamberigts (RonDen-Zastava): 40 points (2 wins)
6. M. Cameron (Simpson-BMW): 40 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 1 3rd)
7. T. Hawkin (Jones-Aston Martin): 40 points (1 win, 2 3rds)
8. J. Rueckert (Hydook-Aston Martin): 31 points (2 2nds, 1 3rd)
9. A. Cara (Beirao-BMW): 27 points (1 win, 2 3rds)
10. C. Simpson (Young Lions-Holden): 24 points (2 2nds)
11. G. Pascal (Gillet-BMW): 23 points (1 win, 1 3rd)
12. A. Marchesi (MRT-BMW): 23 points (1 win, 1 3rd)
13. Y. Katayama (Falik-BMW): 23 points (1 2nd)
14. G. Pazzini (RonDen-Zastava): 20 points (1 2nd)
15. D. Anderson (Simpson-BMW): 14 points (Best Result: 2 4ths)
16. D. Melville (Young Lions-Holden): 12 points (1 2nd)
17. M. Robertson (MRT-BMW): 12 points (Best Result: 2 4ths)
18. J. Carlisle (Falik-BMW): 12 points (Best Result: 2 5ths)
19. M. Bizzarri (Alitalia-Lancia): 8 points (1 2nd)
20. T. Nash (Young Lions-Holden/Aston Martin): 7 points (Best Result: 2 6ths)
21. T. Jason (Aeroracing-Audi): 6 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
22. C. Lopes (Beirao-BMW): 6 points (Best Result: 2 6ths)
23. R. Zimmer (Young Lions-Holden): 4 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
24. M. van der Maeyede (Kingfisher-Holden): 4 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
25. E. Molinaro (Hydook-Aston Martin): 2 points (Best Result: 1 7th)
26. A. Buyvolov (Dofasco-Audi): 2 points (Best Result: 1 7th)
27. M. Valsattis (Kingfisher-Holden): 1 point (Best Result: 1 8th)
28. D. Greenlaw (MRT-BMW): 1 point (Best Result: 1 12th)

Teams Championship
1. Scuderia Lancia Alitalia: 96 points (4 wins, 2 2nds, 1 3rd) (Teams' Champion)
2. Aston Martin Motor Racing: 71 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 4 3rds)
3. Gillet Ecuire Nationale Belge-BMW: 63 points (3 wins, 1 2nd, 2 3rds)
4. RonDen Racing Engineering-Zastava: 60 points (2 wins, 1 2nd)
5. Gulf M/Power Simpson Motorsport-BMW: 54 points (1 win, 2 2nds, 1 3rd)
6. Castrol Jones Racing-Aston Martin: 53 points (1 win, 1 2nd, 2 3rds)
7. GRM Holden Young Lions: 40 points (3 2nds)
8. Virgin Melrose Racing Team-BMW: 36 points (1 win, 1 3rd)
9. Falik Arrows-BMW: 35 points (1 2nd)
10. Licor Beirão Portugal Racing-BMW: 33 points (1 win, 2 3rds)
11. Hydook Racing Team-Aston Martin: 20 points (1 2nd, 1 3rd)
12. Aeroracing Engineering-Audi: 6 points (Best Result: 1 4th)
13. Kingfisher Holden: 5 points (Best Result: 1 5th)
14. Dofasco Lukoil Racing-Audi: 2 points (Best Result: 1 7th)

Manufacturers Championship
1. Lancia: 125 points (6 wins, 4 2nds, 3 3rds)
2. BMW: 120 points (6 wins, 3 2nds, 3 3rds)
3. Aston Martin: 102 points (2 wins, 4 2nds, 6 3rds)
4. Holden: 58 points (3 2nds, 1 3rd)
5. Audi: 27 points (1 3rd)
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 23 Feb 2013, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Maybe I might not want to get rid of Pascal after all
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:Maybe I might not want to get rid of Pascal after all

As I've been saying all year, he and Albertini have been the two real finds on the grid this year and Gillet could be doing far, FAR worse than keeping both of them for next year.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Maybe I might not want to get rid of Pascal after all

As I've been saying all year, he and Albertini have been the two real finds on the grid this year and Gillet could be doing far, FAR worse than keeping both of them for next year.

It's just now that I might be taking over the ex-Ultimate RoLfS drivers I have a problem because 6 doesn't go into 5. (Both Hamiltons and Battani already have contracts)
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

For next season, I already stated that Albertini was staying, and Pascal depends on eurobrun's plans for him.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

3rd to 7th in the drivers' championship separated by NO points?! That's so incredible it looks like a fix :lol:
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Warren Hughes wrote:3rd to 7th in the drivers' championship separated by NO points?! That's so incredible it looks like a fix :lol:

This is the same guy who has Cara driving for Alitalia in the Fuji race results, I don't exactly trust him :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:3rd to 7th in the drivers' championship separated by NO points?! That's so incredible it looks like a fix :lol:

This is the same guy who has Cara driving for Alitalia in the Fuji race results, I don't exactly trust him :lol:

I may be capable of a lot of things but I don't think I'm anywhere near good enough to pull something like that off
the Masked Lapwing

Wizzie wrote:

I may be capable of a lot of things but I don't think I'm anywhere near good enough to pull something like that off

See the bit where it says fastest lap? You've got it recorded at Cara, driving the Alitalia. I only noticed when I was trying to figure out where Kremnicky got a point from.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wizzie wrote:

See the bit where it says fastest lap? You've got it recorded at Cara, driving the Alitalia. I only noticed when I was trying to figure out where Kremnicky got a point from.

I wasn't talking about that you clown. :P

The Cara thing was probably a genuine mistake anyway
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jordan Davies wrote:Hey, Mr Johnson! I'm gonna be at Indianapolis for the World 800, so I could totally fill in for you in the F2RWRS race there!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Jordan Davies wrote:Hey, Mr Johnson! I'm gonna be at Indianapolis for the World 800, so I could totally fill in for you in the F2RWRS race there!

Brett Johnston wrote:Actually, yore exactly who I had in mind, so its good that you're one step ahead of me in that regards!

Before I go further, can anyone tell me what happened to Tommy or give me a video?
Trulli bad puns...
the Masked Lapwing

JeremyMcClean wrote:

Brett Johnston wrote:Actually, yore exactly who I had in mind, so its good that you're one step ahead of me in that regards!

Before I go further, can anyone tell me what happened to Tommy or give me a video?

Well, you remember how he got sacked by GRM and there was that massive brawl? Well, GRM got a bit of revenge thanks to some ZIMSANITY.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Before I go further, can anyone tell me what happened to Tommy or give me a video?

Zimmer shoved him into a wall at 150mph like the clown he is. It does appear that Zimsanity runs through the whole family.

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:Before I go further, can anyone tell me what happened to Tommy or give me a video?

Zimmer shoved him into a wall at 150mph like the clown he is. It does appear that Zimsanity runs through the whole family.

John hasn't gone insane yet. Although if the F1RGP2C runs for a few more seasons, James Davies might push him over the edge :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

John hasn't gone insane yet. Although if the F1RGP2C runs for a few more seasons, James Davies might push him over the edge :lol:

Considering that Davies is doing things in 2015 now, I think him pushing John over the edge is just a matter of time :lol:
Everything's great.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I have no idea about why Valsattis did that. I'm blaming the game more than the driver.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

And you wanna stop the F1RWRS race in Road America because 6 drivers had an accident??? You have to be kiddin'
And don't blame F1RWRS if Road America for GP4 is flawed!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Indeed. Nash got turned HARD into the wall by Zimmer with one of the most violent impacts I've seen in a long time. And that's why Valsattis and Maeyede somehow walked away from their shunts despite causing more damage because the angle they hit the wall was far shallower than the Nash accident.

As for Katayama, she collected an errant wheel and damaged the front suspension which pitched her into the outside wall at the exit of turn 1 (which was at a rather awkward angle to the track.)

Aerond wrote:And you wanna stop the F1RWRS race in Road America because 6 drivers had an accident??? You have to be kiddin'
And don't blame F1RWRS if Road America for GP4 is flawed!

MRT are highly disappointed in the Commission's attitude to what is basically an issue of driver safety. Therefore, we will go ahead with our boycott of Road America unless the safety of the track is either improved or the race is moved to another location like Watkins Glen.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones: "Melrose needs to grow a pair"

Sammy Jones has ridiculed Daniel Melrose's call for a boycott of the 2016 F1RWRS race at Road America next year following a series of nasty incidents during this season's F2RWRS race.

"It's really just a matter of pride at the end of the day" explained Jones, "Melrose and the rest calling for a boycott are just sore that their drivers are hopeless and their car preparation is crap. He needs to grow a pair of balls and put some decent drivers in his cars, and actually make some proper decisions for once. At the moment there's too many team managers looking to blame everything but themselves, and this time its the track. Next time it'll be Lola, or their engine supplier, God, or even the bloody air pressure or something stupid I don't know."

Jones' team struggled for pace throughout the weekend but drivers Terry Hawkin and Johannes Reuckert were able to finish 7th and 6th respectively. Jones was upbeat despite the lack of overall speed,

"Yeah the result wasn't ideal, but getting both cars to the finish and in the points is what we've been looking for all year. Johannes has really impressed me since joining the team, and with things looking the way they are, he's definitely in line for the seat next year. We're currently assessing a few other options, and we'll make an announcement once the season is over. For now we're concentrating on securing Terry at least third in the championship."

It's widely believed Jones is chasing American Dan Greenlaw who is yet to secure a drive anywhere following an impressive year in F3RWRS, and alongside him and current driver Rueckert, it's also believed Josh Carlisle may be in line for the drive if as expected he isn't retained by Falik Arrows for 2016.
Last edited by AndreaModa on 24 Feb 2013, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Autocar wrote:Johnston hails "fantastic" championship, blasts Ryan Zimmer
A press conference was called today to celebrate the championship of Tomo Kazama. "It is very obvious that Tomo has the huge potential to be one of the fastest drivers in the F1RWRS. We, at Aston Martin, are proud of the achievements made by Tomo to bring us to the top in this league."

Then Johnston went to to rant about Ryan Zimmer, who was responsible for injuring the other Aston Martin driver, Tommy Nash. "(Ryan) should not drive in this series, he is a clumsy fool. I'm glad he got the three race ban, he definitely deserved it and it should teach him a lesson not to take other drivers out so idiotically." In response to questions concerning boycotting the F1RWRS race in 2016, he said, "if anything, I think the only thing needing help is the teams who employ those idiotic sods."

With Aston now looking for two replacement drivers, thanks to Kazama getting a one-race suspension. Jordan Davies has already been named as one of the drivers. The team has sent a request to field one driver at Indianapolis due to costs and the lack of time to hire someone and have a seat fitting.
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JeremyMcClean wrote:
A press conference was called today to celebrate the championship of Tomo Kazama. "It is very obvious that Tomo has the huge potential to be one of the fastest drivers in the F1RWRS. We, at Aston Martin, are proud of the achievements made by Tomo to bring us to the top in this league."

Then Johnston went to to rant about Ryan Zimmer, who was responsible for injuring the other Aston Martin driver, Tommy Nash. "(Ryan) should not drive in this series, he is a clumsy fool. I'm glad he got the three race ban, he definitely deserved it and it should teach him a lesson not to take other drivers out so idiotically." In response to questions concerning boycotting the F1RWRS race in 2016, he said, "if anything, I think the only thing needing help is the teams who employ those idiotic sods."

With Aston now looking for two replacement drivers, thanks to Kazama getting a one-race suspension. Jordan Davies has already been named as one of the drivers. The team has sent a request to field one driver at Indianapolis due to costs and the lack of time to hire someone and have a seat fitting.

To make Wizzie's life hell, I can offer you F1RICS driver Martin van der Meyde (Not the Kingfisher MVDM) in a one time offer. :lol:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

I'll lend you Jantscher if you like...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

To make Wizzie's life hell, I can offer you F1RICS driver Martin van der Meyde (Not the Kingfisher MVDM) in a one time offer. :lol:

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:I'll lend you Jantscher if you like...

No, take Ryan McReynolds from the F1RICS instead! He was pretty awesome in the Nations' Cup race...
Everything's great.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

If Wizzie turns down the one car offer then I'll use Jantscher (he was actually who I had in mind for the second Aston seat until he signed for Licor Beirao).
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

With Hydook pulling out for 2016 and FGCR gaining the last slot, as confirmed while the forums were down, we have some decisions to make. Providing there is no limit for engine suppliers, we would like to continue our partnership with Lancia, and we are interested in signing Dan Greenlaw.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:With Hydook pulling out for 2016 and FGCR gaining the last slot, as confirmed while the forums were down, we have some decisions to make. Providing there is no limit for engine suppliers, we would like to continue our partnership with Lancia, and we are interested in signing Dan Greenlaw.

As a Lancia customer team, I would have offered you Gigi Pazzini, however, MRT already beat you to him, and my RWRS quota is now full so I can't offer you anyone else for a seat at FGCR. As you can tell from the other customer teams, having a factory driver imposed upon you is an advantage rather than a disadvantage ;)

Also...

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

With Hydook (an Aston customer) leaving at the end of the season and with Jones switching to Ford, we would like to offer Foster's Good Call Racing and Kingfisher Racing engine deals for 2016.
Trulli bad puns...