A1 Grand prix For Fictious nations

Archive for the three above subforums
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

A1 Grand prix For Fictious nations

Post by WeirdKerr »

If a country has been in a Book, Film Or TV series then it can race.....(i feel this could get quite silly)
Pointrox

Re: A1 Grand prix For Fictious nations

Post by Pointrox »

Those alternative A1GPs are getting crazier :D
Let me start with Duckburg - everyone who read the Donald Duck comics know the drill.
The driver will be... Launchpad McQuack from "Duck Tales". I thought about signing Donald Duck, but it would be too much of a failure to handle for one series.
On the other hand, Gladstone Gander would dominate the series with his enormous luck. Who knows, maybe he would have surpassed HWNSNBM :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pointrox on 23 Jun 2011, 08:43, edited 2 times in total.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Although it's not a nation, i'd like to submit Dimmsdale, with driver Timmy Turner's Dad
If planets are allowed, i'd like to submit Yugopotamia, with driver Prince Mark Chang

And The Dimmsdale Dimmadome should host the Dimmsdale Dimmadome 500 by Doug Dimmadome what i basically want for that is an typical überamerican oval with oversided grandstands. You can just rename an existing one if you want.
Last edited by Nessafox on 20 Jun 2011, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I nominate Narnia, with the car driven by Mr Tumnus the fawn, with Aslan as reserve driver. But would the Pevensie children be allowed?

Plus, I think it should host one of the rounds as it 'did' for the second season of A1GP!

01/04/2006 - Taking racing to the people wherever they may be is the key to the second series of A1 Grand Prix, starting at the A1 Grand Prix of Nations, Circuit Park Zandvoort, Netherlands at the start of October. And so is breaking new ground as the A1GP circus sets its sights on a series of venues that have never been used for motor racing before.

Many of these new venues will require specific regulations to draw the most from the 550bhp racers. For the Venice street race, crew catering will serve only Cornettos. For the hill climb in Tibet, half the field will start the course from the bottom, the other half from the top. For the night race in Lapland, huskies are to be used in place of scooters for moving items around the paddock. Cars will arrive flatpacked for the Ikea Cup race in Narnia, so extra time will be required for their assembly. Sniffer dogs will be used in place of marshals for the race in Baghdad to find any explosives in the cargo. Should any freight issues arise from the event in the Falklands, the event will be moved to Ascension Island. No one with hairy ears will start the races in Middle Earth until their ears have been plucked. Finally, fireproof overalls will be replaced by water wings for the Bikini Atoll extravaganza.

So, remember, A1 Grand Prix takes you places you've never been before.

A1 GRAND PRIX SERIES TWO DATES

29 September-1 October A1 Grand Prix of Nations, Circuit Park Zandvoort, Netherlands
13-15 October Venice street race (this replaces the round at Laguna Seca)
27-29 October Tibetan hill climb
3-5 November Kabul
24-26 December Lapland (night race)
5-7 January Narnia (for the Ikea Cup)
19-21 January A1 Grand Prix of Nations, USA - to be held in Baghdad (or Teheran)
26-28 January Canvey Island
12-14 February The Latvian round - to be held on the Isle of Dog (innit!)
26-28 February Falkland Islands
23-25 March Middle Earth 'the Ring'
6-8 April Bikini Atoll
20-22 April South Central LA (drive-by penalties will be enforced)

Date of release: April 1, 2006, Shanghai, China
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will enter the Robo-Hungarian Empire and their driver shall be Bender, best known as RWNSNBM.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Petoria - The driver will have to be Peter Griffin.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

This is an outrage! We cannot have such a prestigeous racing event without the glorious nation of Tropico. Of course, noone but El Presidente is good enough to race for the island dic... republic.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This wrote:Although it's not a nation, i'd like to submit Dimmsdale, with driver Timmy Turner's Dad
If planets are allowed, i'd like to submit Yugopotamia, with driver Prince Mark Chang

And The Dimmsdale Dimmadome should host the Dimmsdale Dimmadome 500 by Doug Dimmadome what i basically want for that is an typical überamerican oval with oversided grandstands. You can just rename an existing one if you want.

I oppose that presenting the Tri-State Area Racing Team. Phineas will be the car's designer, with Ferb as the only driver and Candace as team boss.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Phoenix wrote:
This wrote:Although it's not a nation, i'd like to submit Dimmsdale, with driver Timmy Turner's Dad

I oppose that presenting the Tri-State Area Racing Team. Phineas will be the car's designer, with Ferb as the only driver and Candace as team boss.

wouldn't perry/agent p be a better choiche? (no-one states that a platypus is ineligible for driving racing cars)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

No one knows where Perry is...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Phoenix wrote:No one knows where Perry is...

Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz does.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This wrote:

Hmmm... now that I think of it, he could provide the team with the catering and maybe take care of... eeerm, strategy.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Phoenix wrote:
This wrote:

Hmmm... now that I think of it, he could provide the team with the catering and maybe take care of... eeerm, strategy.

haha no you must decide on yourself, i just wanted to make my opposition easier... :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This wrote:haha no you must decide on yourself, i just wanted to make my opposition easier... :D

The choice is made:

TRI-STATE AREA RACING TEAM LINEUP
-Team boss: Candace Flynn.
-Official driver: Ferb Fletcher.
-Test/reserve driver: Isabella García-Shapiro.
-Car designer: Phineas Flynn.
-Team strategist/cook: Heinz Doofenshmirtz.
-Track engineer: Baljeet.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

I would like to register the national team of the "Kingdom of Heaven". Drivers are Liam Neeson and Eva Green.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

What would this be without the Mushroom Kingdom, driven by Mario, of course!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Are countries that occupy real life land but are currently uninhabited and never laid claim to any sort of independence allowed?

If so, I'd like to submit The Saltee Islands from the book Airman by Eoin Colfer, with Linus Wynter driving (just to have a blind man drive).

Also, Borduria from Tintin, with Marshal Kûrvi-Tasch driving (we desperately need a man with a moustache).
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I submit The Island of Sodor with The Fat Controller as the driver :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

tommykl wrote:Also, Borduria from Tintin, with Marshal Kûrvi-Tasch driving (we desperately need a man with a moustache).

Damn you! I was planning to enter that! :(

EDIT: Although I was planning on entering Colonel Sponsz instead. I'm rather fond of the lad.
Last edited by Jeroen Krautmeir on 21 Jun 2011, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I enter the glourios Nation of Outer Heaven, with none other than Big Boss as the driver.
MIA SAN MIA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote: (we desperately need a man with a moustache).

there you said it!

(i've allready taken care of 'someone with tentacles')

also, surprised no-one has yet nominated The Empire Obviously driven by Darth Vader (but i have already 2 entries, so you can buy over this one)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:I submit The Island of Sodor with The Fat Controller as the driver :lol:

I like this.

Anyways, how about Gallifrey, with the Doctor as driver and the Master as reserve driver?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:I submit The Island of Sodor with The Fat Controller as the driver :lol:

I like this.

Anyways, how about Gallifrey, with the Doctor as driver and the Master as reserve driver?

think we should have a seperate one for planets
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Atlantis should have a team but I don't know who the driver should be. Plato?
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

If cities are allowed, i'd like to submit another entry.

New New York - Dr John Zoidberg
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

dr-baker wrote:

I like this.

Then Skaro for the Daleks, and Mondas or Mimbas (forgot it's name) for the Cybermen. :D
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Some more I have been thinking of:

Greendale - Postman Pat
Pontypandy - Fireman Sam
Bikini Bottom - SpongeBob SquarePants
Tracy Island - Alan Tracy
Oz - the Wizard of Oz
Chuggington - any of the human characters from the series

Silver Hatch - one of the venues for the championship with Roary as Pace Car
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Obviously, Blashyrkh needs a representative in this championship. Demonaz can't drive these days, so I'll appoint him team manager and have Abbath and Horgh as drivers. The car will be decorated in the style of Abbath's corpse paint, and will contain some kind of engine trick so that a brief burst of throttle will sound like Abbath shouting "BLARGH!" the way he does so very often.

Expect nothing short of dominant victory in bleak, icy, blizzard conditions. I'll be quite annoyed if this series stays in Middle Eastern Tilke-dromes.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And who could forget Hill Valley, with Doc Brown as team boss, Marty McFly as driver and Jennifer Parker as groupie?
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Auslaychiturnishmonacanapean has to be in it, with two drivers, you all should know which ones.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

This wrote:Auslaychiturnishmonacanapean has to be in it, with two drivers, you all should know which ones.

Mauricio Gugelmin and Ivan Capelli?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

redbulljack14 wrote:
This wrote:Auslaychiturnishmonacanapean has to be in it, with two drivers, you all should know which ones.

I propose Alfonso Antonio Vicente Eduardo Ángel Blas Francisco de Borja Cabeza de Vaca y Leighton and Jonkheer Carel Pieter Antoni Jan Hubertus Godin de Beaufort as the drivers for that country.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The nation of Winters shall be represented by Jeff Andonuts.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Phoenix wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

I propose Alfonso Antonio Vicente Eduardo Ángel Blas Francisco de Borja Cabeza de Vaca y Leighton and Jonkheer Carel Pieter Antoni Jan Hubertus Godin de Beaufort as the drivers for that country.

how dare you to insult our dear webmasters
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

But surely our dear webmasters would have many other countries to drive for in that case:

Spanaco x 2 (being my favourite)
Spankish (why do these two sound like Max Moseley's favourites?)
Singapanorean
Belgalian x 2
Germgarian
Turkadipeantish (with community members stepping into the breach with this one)
Bahstralaysian
Singapanese
Eurogian
Germish
Australaysian
Bahrasian
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:But surely our dear webmasters would have many other countries to drive for in that case:

Spanaco x 2 (being my favourite)
Spankish (why do these two sound like Max Moseley's favourites?)
Singapanorean
Belgalian x 2
Germgarian
Turkadipeantish (with community members stepping into the breach with this one)
Bahstralaysian
Singapanese
Eurogian
Germish
Australaysian
Bahrasian

oh, we could start up a whole podcast championship

aaargh too many good ideas :x
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

dr-baker wrote:And who could forget Hill Valley, with Doc Brown as team boss, Marty McFly as driver and Jennifer Parker as groupie?

biff tannan as team mate and deletraz as ther driver of the rolls royce
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WeirdKerr wrote:
dr-baker wrote:And who could forget Hill Valley, with Doc Brown as team boss, Marty McFly as driver and Jennifer Parker as groupie?

biff tannan as team mate and deletraz as ther driver of the rolls royce

And Needles as chief rival.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

A Hill Valley A1GP team would never work... for everyone else, anyway. As soon as the car reaches 88 mph, Great Scott! Suddenly they've reached the finish line when everyone else is still on the first lap!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:A Hill Valley A1GP team would never work... for everyone else, anyway. As soon as the car reaches 88 mph, Great Scott! Suddenly they've reached the finish line when everyone else is still on the first lap!

Just make sure that they have run out of Plutonium and don't give them any rubbish to put into their Mr Fusion!
MCard LOLA