A1 Grand Prix of non-regocnised nations

Archive for the three above subforums
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

A1 Grand Prix of non-regocnised nations

Post by Nessafox »

Because of the popularity of Sealand, a new series is announced even before the A1 GP of Former nations is started. The A1GP of non-regocnised nations!

Official entry list:
Pricipality of Sealand - Roy Bates (P_Friesacher)
Somaliland - Ahmed Mahamoud Silanyo (P_Friesacher)
Transnistria - Igor Smirnov (P_Friesacher)
Nagorno-Karabakh Republic - Arayik Harutyunyan (P_Friesacher)
South Ossetia - Vladimir Putin ' guest starter' (P_Friesacher)
South Sudan - Hubertus Bahlsen (P_Friesacher)
Libya (Gaddafi Regime) - Muammar Gaddafi (P_Friesacher) (Though there are rumours that this country might soon move to the former nations championship)
Taiwan - Hanss Lin (P_Friesacher)
Rockall - country unpopulated (P_Friesacher) (i propose HWNSNBM as replacement driver)
(only image of a flag i cound find)
Western Sahara - Duncan Tappy (P_Friesacher)
Gent (NGA) - Jan Becaus (This)
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus - Irsen Küçük (TommyKl)
Cabinda - Pedro Branque (Blue)
Kosovo - Suleman Brahimaj (pointrox)
Tibet - Dalai Lama (This)
Madeira - Cristiano Ronaldo (DanielPT)
Scotland - David Coulthard (Weirdkerr)
Catalonia - Jaime Alguersuari (Phoenix)
Palestine - Seikh Ahmed Yasin (FMecha)
Norhtern Ireland - Eddie Irvine (JeremyMcClean)

Calendar:
Last edited by Nessafox on 27 Jun 2011, 21:51, edited 11 times in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: A1 Grand Prix of non-regocnised nations

Post by Nessafox »

P_Friesacher wrote:That sounds great, too! I would like to pre-register Somaliland, Transnistria, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, South Ossetia, South Sudan, Gaddafi's Libya (or the rebel's - whichever will then be recognized by more states at the moment), Taiwan, Rockall and Western Sahara.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I'm going to put forward the city of Ghent, even though their independence declaration was oficcially meant as a joke based on the political crisis in belgium by a few people, their independence quest still officialy stands. When lookingh for famous people from the city, my choiche fell on news-reader Jan Becaus.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I'll take the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, with Prime Minister Irsen Küçük driving.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Cabinda with Pedro Branque as a driver.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I'll join in with Kosovo, represented by Suleman Brahimaj.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Bleu wrote:Cabinda with Pedro Branque as a driver.

could find a lot of different flags, i hope i picked the right one
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Nations non recognised... by who? Because all the countries you are posting are recognised by at least some countries.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ferrim wrote:Nations non recognised... by who? Because all the countries you are posting are recognised by at least some countries.

Maybe this list might be of some help... It excludes micronations.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Ferrim wrote:Nations non recognised... by who? Because all the countries you are posting are recognised by at least some countries.

The UN might be the best standard. Also: Who had recognized Sealand and Rockall (and some others, too.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

P_Friesacher wrote:

The UN might be the best standard. Also: Who had recognized Sealand and Rockall (and some others, too.

I don't think Sealand has ever been recognised, while four different countries lay claim to Rockall:

Wikipedia wrote:The islet is claimed by Denmark (for the Faroe Islands), Iceland, Ireland and the United Kingdom. All four governments have made submissions to the commission set up under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. The issue will be included in the provisional agenda of the next meeting of the commission to be held in New York from 7 March to 21 April 2011 and recommendations pursuant to Article 76 of the Convention will be made.[2]

The United Kingdom, for administrative purposes, initially treated Rockall as part of Inverness-shire, under the terms of the Island of Rockall Act 1972. Subsequent UK Acts of Parliament[citation needed] have affirmed the islet's position as part of the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar council area for local government functions.

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Rockall is basically a large rock with no life on it apart from birds (no, not even plants).

Sealand claim to have been recognized by two countries. Great Britain because a court ruled Sealand to be outside of the territorial waters at the time and Germany because they sent a diplomat after the Sealand "government" took a man as hostage.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will put forward Madeira, since a few years ago it's clown... sorry, President, João Jardim had declared its desire to be independent while keep receiving money from Portugal. It's driver? It is obviously their most well-known celebrity, Cristiano Ronaldo, who recently turned a racing driver (claiming in the process that he is actually the best, second-best and third-best racing driver in the world and this while playing Football for Real Madrid).
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

well none of these nations are recognised as fully independent
although some of these are de facto independent (the italian microstate Seborga is a good example of that) Usually international institutions do not consider de facto countries as official countries.

Basically what we mean is 'countries seekind independency that has not been fully reached' that might be some weird claim like Rockall, or a relatively serious claim like Kosovo
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

This wrote:well none of these nations are recognised as fully independent
although some of these are de facto independent (the italian microstate Seborga is a good example of that) Usually international institutions do not consider de facto countries as official countries.

Basically what we mean is 'countries seekind independency that has not been fully reached' that might be some weird claim like Rockall, or a relatively serious claim like Kosovo

In which case i would nominate Scotland..... And David Coulthard as the driver (the current devolved government is seeking independance)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

WeirdKerr wrote:
This wrote:well none of these nations are recognised as fully independent

In which case i would nominate Scotland..... And David Coulthard as the driver (the current devolved government is seeking independance)

Independence or autonomy? Well, i'll add it to the list.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Hey! If Scotland is eligible, I claim Catalonia to be eligible too, with The Alguersaurus as the driver, and Pedro de la Rosa as test and reserve driver.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Phoenix wrote:Hey! If Scotland is eligible, I claim Catalonia to be eligible too, with The Alguersaurus as the driver, and Pedro de la Rosa as test and reserve driver.

well as far as i know, catalonia 'would like to be independent' just like scotland. Just make sure you come up with regions that have spoken out the wish of being independent, just don't come up with imaginary things or nonsens like 'former belgian republic of australia' :D Well the independence declaracy can be nonsens, but just don't make up things yourself.
Last edited by Nessafox on 20 Jun 2011, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Hey! If Scotland is eligible, I claim Catalonia to be eligible too, with The Alguersaurus as the driver, and Pedro de la Rosa as test and reserve driver.

well as far as i know, catalonia 'would like to be independent' just like scotland. Just make sure you come up with regions that have spoken out the wish of being independent, just don't come up with imaginary things or nonsens like 'former belgian republic of australia' :D

Indeed, Catalonia has even made a referendum for the independence. I think it qualifies for this.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

If Palestine is eligible, I nominate it and Seikh Ahmed Yasin (Hamas founder you know) as it's driver.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Phoenix wrote:
This wrote:

well as far as i know, catalonia 'would like to be independent' just like scotland. Just make sure you come up with regions that have spoken out the wish of being independent, just don't come up with imaginary things or nonsens like 'former belgian republic of australia' :D

Indeed, Catalonia has even made a referendum for the independence. I think it qualifies for this.

Non-official and with a participation of under 20%...

I say this just in case someone gets confused about the issue (ie. it's not like what the SNP are proposing to do in Scotland, neither what Quebec has done in two occasions).
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:If Palestine is eligible, I nominate it and Seikh Ahmed Yasin (Hamas founder you know) as it's driver.

Palestine is a difficult case, as palestine is for example accepted by the FIFA, and has official national teams in some sports.

But i will accept this entry, if i accept even scotland, i should certainly accept palestine!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ferrim wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Non-official and with a participation of under 20%...

I say this just in case someone gets confused about the issue (ie. it's not like what the SNP are proposing to do in Scotland, neither what Quebec has done in two occasions).

So what?

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

If it hasn't been submitted yet, Northern Ireland, the driver being Eddie Irvine.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

JeremyMcClean wrote:If it hasn't been submitted yet, Northern Ireland, the driver being Eddie Irvine.

do northern ireland prefer independence or being part of southern ireland?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

This wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:If it hasn't been submitted yet, Northern Ireland, the driver being Eddie Irvine.

do northern ireland prefer independence or being part of southern ireland?

Independence!
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM