Reject Drivers You've Met

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
jpm

Reject Drivers You've Met

Post by jpm »

To start the ball rolling, today at the GT1 world championship at Silverstone, I met the mighty Markus Winkelhock, as well as David Barbham and Tomas Enge. Previously, I met Alex Zanardi, Nico Hulkenberg, and Jerome D'Ambrosio :)
Malinth

Re: Reject Drivers You've Met

Post by Malinth »

I have met Alex Yoong, Ralph Firman and Tomas Enge, all at the 2005 A1GP meet. I even have a picture with my esteemed countryman! :D
The Legend That Is Greg Moore
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Jan Lammers about 20times, Ben Pon, Giovanni Lavaggi, Huub Rothengatter, Vincenzo Sospiri, Eppie Wietzes, Roelof Wunderink, Karthikeyan, Nicolas Kiesa , Max Mosley
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Derek Warwick I have met many times, recently last week - he owns several Honda Garages, one of which, used to sponsor my local kart club.

And I use to serve Nigel Mansell and his sons every weekend when they came to the Newsagents store!

Sir Stirling Moss, Sir Jackie Stewart I have also met in PR events.

Jenson Button and Andy Priaulx I have met recently at a cycle race!

Not F1 drivers but have met Murray Walker at a book signing place and have been in contact with Eddie Jordan to do an interview.

Have also raced against EJ's nephew and Nigel Mansell too....

Not bad for a 19 year old ay? :D
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I've met loads of bike racers such as John McGuiness, Steve Hislop (R.I.P), Neil Hodgson, Chris Walker (twice), Leon Haslam, Jonathon Rea, Glen Richards, Danny Webb, Scott Redding, etc etc.

Sadly no F1 drivers though :(

I've served Mike Brewer (famous for those Deals on Wheels shows and other motoring programmes) and his young daughter back when I worked at SportsDirect...! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I have Anthony Davidson's autograph on a Super Aguri cap! (I bought the cap a week before meeting him.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

Tonio Liuzzi at the 2006 British Grand Prix, he (along with Klien and Adrian Newey) signed my can of Red Bull, which is still on the mantelpiece along with our hillclimb and karting trophies (and a card signed by Greg and Leo Mansell, a true monument to mediocraty).

Its pretty much the only can of Red Bull I've ever bought, I bought it especially for the Grand Prix in the hope of getting it signed by David Coulthard, but alas I didn't manage to find him.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
jpm

Post by jpm »

The thread was meant to be reject drivers only guys... I'm pretty sure Nigel Mansell isn't a reject!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

jpm wrote:The thread was meant to be reject drivers only guys... I'm pretty sure Nigel Mansell isn't a reject!

As much as I think Mansell was an egomaniac I believe that his 31 wins and his championship in 1992 is cleared for Mansell to be a non-reject.

Greg, on the other hand...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Ive met many F1 drivers, when the grand prix is in Melbourne, as it is pretty easy to meet them if you know where to go.

The following I got signed programmes/others

F1 Rejects:
Albers, Friesacher, Nissany, Liuzzi, di Grassi, K.Nakajima, Piquet Jnr

Non Rejects:
Sutil, Glock, Hamilton, de la Rosa, Rosberg, M.Schu, Massa, Barrichello, Raikkonen, Montoya, Webber, Heidfeld,
to name a few. My personal favs were Sir Jack Brabham and Sir Jackie Stewart.

And no, I aint done it for business, (ebay etc) these are strictly for myself.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
nome66

Post by nome66 »

I'm gonna make an effort to meet Bordais in September so I guess I'll post the encounter in the IRL thread.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.