2012 IRDU Rejects Cup

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Phoenix

Re: 2011 F1Rejects LFS Cup

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:Well, I'm here to apologise for what I've said to Barii Mori and his team. I am very sorry and sad for being such a dick. It's just that Sammy Jones really pisses me off and anything I hear related to him makes me feel like if I'd kill someone. If Jones is hearing me, I want him to know that it's all the F1RLFS Cup's fault for leaving such a tight time limit to file the entries since mine had a problem at the post office. And my F1RWRS team is already finishing races, unlike him who's being humilliated to breaking point by Kay Lon. I at least have the measure of my team mate, and without resorting to backroom tactics. We're not overstretched, we carefully weigh and measure our resources and act accordingly. And he indeed owes me for diverting the media attention from his mediocre performance, so I'm actually doing him a favor. And I believe the only driver that'd be willing to test drive for you would be Giovanni Roda.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Pointrox wrote:Dagnall dominates the young drivers' test
QUANTAS MRT'S Mark Dagnall set the fastest time of 1:35.25 at young drivers' test session at Kyoto.
British racing driver beat Whitechapel's time by 0.04 seconds, 0.07 seconds ahead of third Hagane Shizuka.
Jack Christopherson, former F1 driver, was a special guest on track today as he took one of the cars for a spin, setting 10th time of the session.

Results:

Code: Select all

1. Mark Dagnall - 1:35.25
2. Poppy Whitechapel - 1:35.29
3. Hagane Shizuka - 1:35.32
4. Nathanael Spencer - 1:35.33
5. Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson - 1:35.34
6. Kimi Jauho - 1:35.36
7. John Zimmer - 1:35.36
8. Ben Fleet - 1:35.54
9. Ivan Djurkin - 1:36.22
10. Jack Christopherson - 1:36.38

I'll soon post footage from both sessions.

First time reading this thread, just one question.

What is Christopherson doing?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

redbulljack14 wrote:
Pointrox wrote:10. Jack Christopherson - 1:36.38.

First time reading this thread, just one question.
What is Christopherson doing?

Driving a Jones Racing car? :lol:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Tony Gillet, you know, the Gillet guy wrote:In case no one noticed, Hagane Shizuka and my team should get first dibs at eventual new entries, as we were the next two to express wishes to enter the F1RLFSC. And my team was the next to submit a complete entry. ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Race
Phil McCracken won the Fondmetal South City 200, taking his maiden F1RLFS victory for Virgin Inter Corse. Damon Cannon finished second in the Parklife, while Barii Mori took third place in his Sunshine Infiniti.
Rhys Davies in the Rosenforth was fourth, Ismail Sbai of Scuderia de Cesaris was fifth, Shinobu Katayama in the second Sunshine Infiniti was sixth, Sammy Jones in Castrol Jones was seventh and Phillippe Nicolas of QANTAS MRT took the final point.
Phil McCracken scored additional point for pole position, as well as Rhys Davies for his fastest lap of 1:26.58.

Results:

1. Phil McCracken [PP]
2. Damon Cannon
3. Barii Mori
4. Rhys Davies [FL]
5. Ismail Sbai
6. Shinobu Katayama
7. Sammy Jones
8. Phillippe Nicolas
9. Joey Tempest
10. Kirsty Price
11. Bernard Shellhammer
12. Sebastian Groves
13. Douglas Mann
14. Daniel Cockburn
15. Daniel Melrose
16. Richie White
17. Adam Armenta
18. Frank Zimmer
19. Vincent de Nieuwe
20. Pippa Mann

Standings
Drivers

1. Phil McCracken - 11
2. Damon Cannon - 8
3. Barii Mori - 6
4. Rhys Davies - 6
5. Ismail Sbai - 4
6. Shinobu Katayama - 3
7. Phillippe Nicolas - 2
8. Joey Tempest - 1

Teams

1. Virgin Inter Corse - 11
2. Sunshine Infiniti - 9
3. Parklife Motorsport - 8
3. Rosenforth Engineering - 6
4. Scuderia de Cesaris - 4
5. QANTAS MRT - 2
6. Castrol Jones Racing - 1
Last edited by Pointrox on 27 Jul 2011, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

*Insert press statement here when I can be bothered*
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori wrote:Although disappointed at not finishing higher, a podium is a good way to start the season and a better way is to get both cars into the points. :D Shinobu drive a fantastic race for her 6th place and it means we are 2nd in the constructors. Hope we keep up this pace.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Rhys Davies wrote:P4, alright, I'll take that. Fastest lap is an added bonus. These cars are brilliant to drive, and obviously Melrose struggles with them. Win win!

Frank Zimmer wrote:Well, I s'pose if Rosenforth are giving me #1 treatment in F1RWRS, they shouldn't in LFS...

Because I don't believe in time travel! :lol:

Which reminds me:

Frank Zimmer wrote:Go home McAllister!

:P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas and Pippa Mann are disappointed with these results, although they do seem to have found some reliability that they hope will help in their F1RWRS campaign.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

10th and 11th =/

That aggravatingly average.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:And I believe the only driver that'd be willing to test drive for you would be Giovanni Roda.
[/quote]
Dave Simpson wrote:Don't think so matey, I'd like to test drive for Castrol Jones Racing (but then again, I'd test drive for any team). If I recall correctly, Mr McAllister, you were the talentless hack who took my seat at Spyker when Kolles' decided he wanted more money from a paydriver.
This is a cool spot.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:What's going on, why is everybody attacking me now? To Frank Zimmer, you may be sending me home, but the fact is you're going to go home earlier than me because you suck, so go screw yourself. And to Dave Simpson, you would have retained your seat if you did something noteworthy, which you completely failed to do, not to mention you're a whinger of Mansellesque proportions and your moustache looks every bit as ridiculous as Mansell's. And, unlike your sorry ass, I've won in F1, so shout your mouth, punk.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:What's going on, why is everybody attacking me now? To Frank Zimmer, you may be sending me home, but the fact is you're going to go home earlier than me because you suck, so go screw yourself. And to Dave Simpson, you would have retained your seat if you did something noteworthy, which you completely failed to do, not to mention you're a whinger of Mansellesque proportions and your moustache looks every bit as ridiculous as Mansell's. And, unlike your sorry ass, I've won in F1, so shout your mouth, punk.

dr-baker wrote:
MCALLISTER DENIES CASTROL JONES LINK

Furthermore, he said: "I'd rather clean the toilets for Douglas Mann than drive for Sammy Jones. He doesn't need me anyway".

Douglas Mann would like to make it known that he would never let McAllister demean himself by cleaning the toilets at Foxdale. Mentor to the Test Driver is another matter, however.

Everybody is attacking you, eh? I beg to differ...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Dave Simpson wrote:Don't think so matey, I'd like to test drive for Castrol Jones Racing (but then again, I'd test drive for any team). If I recall correctly, Mr McAllister, you were the talentless hack who took my seat at Spyker when Kolles' decided he wanted more money from a paydriver.

Daniel Melrose wrote:Actually if I remember correctly Simpson finished 6th at Monaco in that crapbox of a car beating that overrated German Sutil in the process. Also if I remember correctly Simpson did a fantastic job as BMW test driver including the one race he did subbing for Kubica. That being said though I respect both of you highly as Grand Prix drivers although I may not necessarily like you as people (Yes Mr Vettel, I'm looking at you).
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ImageImage
PRESS RELEASE | Fondmetal South City 200

Phil McCracken delivered a miracle by achieving a perfect weekend on Virgin Inter Corse's debut appearance in the F1 Rejects LFS Cup, storming to pole position in qualifying, and then holding off the pack behind to secure a win on both his and the team's debut.

Phil McCracken wrote:I am very happy with this result. OK, so we knew the Virgin Inter Corse would be very quick the first time out, but we did not expect to surge to the front this quickly. It's a fantastic result for everyone, and it gives everyone a real boost for the seaosn to come. Hopefully the team continues to grow throughout the year and keeps achieveing good finishes.
The only problem with this race was the brakes, at one point they had gone a bit soft so I had to pump it very hard to get them back to normal. Thankfully I didn't lose much time through this problem in the race, but hopefully this little problem will be fixed by the next round.

However Daniel Cockburn did not have such a great race - he had the same braking issue as McCracken, however it persisted throughout the race, causing him to drop 8 places by the end, finishing in 14th.

Daniel Cockburn wrote:It was a disappointing race for me. The brake pedal was very long, I would just push and push and nothing would happen, people would just come straight down the inside of me every damn lap. I was lucky to finish 14th even. The brake issue really put me off, I just wasn't able to find a good rhythm the whole time so it's not a big surprise to have such a disappointing performance as a result. But ok, this was only our first race, there was always a big possibility of things going wrong with so many things untried and untested, so hopefully next time I will have a big step forward in performance.

Despite no points for Cockburn, Virgin Inter Corse now leads both the Drivers and Teams championships, on 11 points.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:2nd on the team's debut is brilliant! I had a good fight with Phil McCracken for the first half of the race until the pitstops, and I was able to keep Mori at bay for the remainder. Hopefully this will kick start Parklife's challenge for both titles.

Richie White wrote:Not good, not good. 18th to 16th in the entire race is terrible. I have no idea why my car is so bad, whilst Damon's is so good. I need things to pick up from the next race, as per the team agreement, our test driver Poppy will replace whoever ranks lower in the standings at the end of the season.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:And to Dave Simpson, you would have retained your seat if you did something noteworthy, which you completely failed to do, not to mention you're a whinger of Mansellesque proportions and your moustache looks every bit as ridiculous as Mansell's. And, unlike your sorry ass, I've won in F1, so shout your mouth, punk.

Dave Simpson wrote:If anyone in the F1RWRS or LFS cup is a whinger of Mansellesque proportions, it would be you, McAllister. By the way, did you forget about the Monaco GP a couple of years ago when I won the race in a Lotus*, or were you too busy failing as usual at the back of the grid?

*That race is somewhere in the FORCDA thread, from my now long dead attempt at the 2010 season, which I should revive as I've since won two more races since the last update.
This is a cool spot.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Simpson Given Jones Testing Role

Australian driver Dave Simpson has been given the test driver's seat at Castrol Jones Racing for the remainder of the F1RLFS Cup season, following lead driver and team owner Sammy Jones' prank with Phoenix McAllister in pre-season. Jones had this to say on the appointment:

"Absolutely delighted we could get someone of Dave's calibre into the team, I'm sure he'll be a very valuable asset to us."

And having finished 7th in the first race of the season, collecting two points, Jones was upbeat about his team's fortunes for the rest of the season:

"Yeah I'm very happy to have achieved a couple of points in our first race and Joey was unlucky to just miss out too. We'll be trying to build upon this as the season progresses, no doubt with the help of Dave too."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Can I change my team name to Engine Failure Racing? The last name; you know what it is, it is quite stupid.

In case you forgot, it's the team that has Groves and Armenta. And Jauho and Evans and Schell and Vogel and Garðarsdóttir and Marchesi.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Foxdale Auto Racing Team needs more testing in another race series to try and improve their reliability! Quickly! When's the next LFS race??????
MCard LOLA
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

The second race of the season starts in Kyoto, Japan! This time we will have hundred laps of hardcore battling in honour of the best Japanese team ever!

SUPER AGURI! Kyoto 300
Round trailer here: coming soon

Qualifying
Australian Daniel Melrose took his first pole position of the season, setting a time of 41.57 seconds. QANTAS MRT driver qualified ahead of Bernard Shellhammer from all-British Sega Blastcorp-Aqua F1 and Spaniard Adam Armenta of Engine Failure Racing. Fourth and fifth place were taken by Douglas and Pippa Manns from Foxdale Auto Racing Team. The other Sega Blastcorp of Kirsty price qualified 6th, ahead of Sebastian Groves, Joey Tempest, Rhys Davies and Damon Cannon. Because all the drivers left the pits at the same time and most of them drove in each other's slipstream, many drivers set a lap time of 0:41.62.

Results:

1. Daniel Melrose ...... 0:41.57
2. Bernard Shellhammer ...... 0:41.62
3. Adam Armenta ...... 0:41.62
4. Douglas Mann ...... 0:41.62
5. Pippa Mann ...... 0:41.62
6. Kirsty Price ...... 0:41.62
7. Sebastian Groves ...... 0:41.62
8. Joey Tempest ...... 0:41.62
9. Rhys Davies ...... 0:41.62
10. Damon Cannon ...... 0:41.62
11. Richie White ...... 0:41.62
12. Phillippe Nicolas ...... 0:41.62
13. Daniel Cockburn ...... 0:41.62
14. Sammy Jones ...... 0:41.62
15. Vincent de Nieuwe ...... 0:41.63
16. Shinobu Katayama ...... 0:41.63
17. Barii Mori ...... 0:41.63
18. Ismail Sbai ...... 0:41.63
19. Phil McCracken ...... 0:41.63
20. Frank Zimmer ...... 0:42.30
Last edited by Pointrox on 23 Jun 2011, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

WTF with the 13-way tie for 2nd place :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

JeremyMcClean wrote:WTF with the 13-way tie for 2nd place :lol:

I can't help it - 100% AI-controlled. But yeah, they are quite repetitive in terms of short stints - mostly because they use the same racing line and behave exactly the same. But it gets a little bit more interesting when it comes to...

Race
After the craziest hundred laps Kyoto Ring has ever seen, Damon Cannon won his first race in F1RLFS. Parklife Motorsport driver won the race after an intense battle with Sammy Jones, who eventually finished second. 3rd place was taken by Shinobu Katayama, followed by her teammate Barii Mori. Sebastian Groves finished 5th, ahead of Daniel Cockburn and Frank Zimmer, who - after his Mazzacane-sque performance in qualifying finally reached for the points. The last point-awarded place was taken by Swede Joey Tempest of Castrol Jones Racing.
Pole-sitter, Daniel Melrose, has spun out after going on a non-stopping strategy, but still will be awarded with one point for pole position. Another extra point was given to Ismail Sbai for the fastest lap time of the race - 41.59 seconds. Most of the grid tried to finish the race without pitting in but ran out of fuel, retired with blown tyres or overheated clutch, which is a common issue with the cars used in this series.
It is still unknown why there were 4 cars laying upside down on the main straight that weren't removed by the marshalls, as well as how these four cars put themselves in that position.

Results:

1. Damon Cannon ...... 1h10:26.45
2. Sammy Jones ...... +0:00.14
3. Shinobu Katayama ...... +0:24.87
4. Barii Mori ...... +1 lap
5. Sebastian Groves ...... +1 lap
6. Daniel Cockburn ...... +1 lap
7. Frank Zimmer ...... +1 lap
8. Joey Tempest ...... +2 laps
9. Bernard Shellhammer ......  +3 laps
10. Vincent de Nieuwe ...... +3 laps
11. Pippa Mann ...... +4 laps
12. Ismail Sbai ...... +5 laps [FL]
13. Richie White ...... +13 laps
Ret. Daniel Melrose [PP]
Ret. Phil McCracken
Ret. Rhys Davies
Ret. Douglas Mann
Ret. Adam Armenta
Ret. Kirsty Price
Ret. Phillippe Nicolas

Standings
Drivers

1. Damon Cannon - 18
2. Phil McCracken - 11
-. Barii Mori - 11
-. Shinobu Katayama - 11
5. Sammy Jones - 8
5. Rhys Davies - 6
6. Ismail Sbai - 5
7. Sebastian Groves - 4
8. Daniel Cockburn - 3
7. Phillippe Nicolas - 2
-. Joey Tempest - 2
-. Frank Zimmer - 2

Teams

1. Sunshine Infiniti - 20
2. Parklife Motorsport - 18
3. Virgin Inter Corse - 14
4. Castrol Jones Racing - 10
5. Rosenforth Engineering - 8
6. Scuderia de Cesaris - 4
-. Engine Failure Racing - 4
8. QANTAS MRT - 2
Last edited by Pointrox on 27 Jul 2011, 13:30, edited 5 times in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wow, 18 drivers within 0.01 of each other in qualy...

Douglas and Pippa Mann were happy to start from 4th and 5th but were disappointed not to be able to capitalise on this in the race. Clearly having a few years' experience in F1RWRS has pushed them up the field there (look at Douglas's first-season results) and Foxdale are imagining the same thing may happen here...
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:What an excellent result after what was a bit of a dismal qualifying. I'm delighted to have secured the team's first podium in the F1RLFS Cup, hopefully there'll be more to follow as we properly kickstart our season and championship challenge!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Fleet wins the qualifying for F1RLFS Sprint Special
Ben Fleet set the fastest time in the short, 8-minute qualifying session for F1RLFS Sprint Special - a charity race, that is held at Aston Cadet, the shortest configuration of the Aston race track - only 1,9km (1.18 mile). Alongside Fleet, in second position, qualified Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson. 3rd and 4th position were taken by Japanese Hagane Shizuka and Poppy Whitechapel, the sole female test driver. Third row is Rosenforth's John Zimmer and Sega Blastcorp's Nathanael Spencer. Finn Kimi Jauho and Mark Dagnall qualified - respectively - 7th and 8th, and the last row saw the debut of Castrol Jones' test driver, Dave Simpson, qualifying in 9th position ahead of Ukrainian driver, Ivan Djurkin.
The race will start in a moment - 50 laps around the tiny track. Sweet Jesus!

Results:

1. Ben Fleet ...... 0:58.06
2. Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson ......  0:58.18
3. Hagane Shizuka ......  0:58.31
4. Poppy Whitechapel ......  0:58.33
5. John Zimmer ......  0:58.34
6. Nathanael Spencer ...... 0:58.36
7. Kimi Jauho ......  0:58.38
8. Mark Dagnall ......  0:58.52
9. Dave Simpson ......  0:58.60
10. Ivan Djurkin ......  0:58.76
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Ragnar Hannesson wins the F1RLFS Sprint Special
Icelandic driver Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson won the F1RLFS Sprint Special charity race on Aston Cadet. Thanks to Ben Fleet (who had a major problem with launch control), Virgin Inter Corse test driver has taken the lead and held his position to the finish, followed by Hagane Shizuka and Nathanael Spencer, who benefited from the pit stop and got in front of Poppy Whitechapel in pitlane. Scuderia de Cesaris' Ivan Djurkin finished a respectable 5th position ahead of John Zimmer and - debuting in this series - Dave Simpson. The other two finishers were Ben Fleet, who after a great qualifying session had a dismal race, and Finn Kimi Jauho, who hit a greyhound on lap 40, forcing him to pit and replace his broken front wing. Mark Dagnall was the only non-finisher of the race, as he rejectfully locked his front wheels while entering the pit and hit the garage wall, breaking the front axle.
The race was a great show for 30.000 spectators that came not only from Aston, but also from surrounding cities. All the proceeds went to HWNSNBM's Trust Fund.

Results:

1. Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson ...... 38:06.60
2. Hagane Shizuka ......  +0:05.76
3. Nathanael Spencer ......  +0:08.76
4. Poppy Whitechapel ......  +0:12.40
5. Ivan Djurkin ......  +0:16.29
6. John Zimmer ...... +0:21.71
7. Dave Simpson ......  +0:23.93
8. Ben Fleet ......  +0:31.31
9. Kimi Jauho ......  +1 lap
Ret. Mark Dagnall
Last edited by Pointrox on 24 Jun 2011, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ben Fleet wrote:These Foxdales are always so good at qualifying, particularly in F1RWRS, but atrocious in the races. Character-building, I suppose? At least I'm getting recognised?
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Hey, where's the four points for Engine Failure Racing? Groves does drive for Engine Failure Racing...
Trulli bad puns...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Another day, another race! This time we will race on a beautiful and fast race located somewhere in England!

OzJet Westhill Grand Prix
Round trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUO5oz81B0g

New regulations
Qualifying session from this time is reduced from 20 to five minutes.

Qualifying
Sammy Jones took pole in Saturday's qualifying session. Australian driver knocked Barii Mori off the P1 he held for most of the session, and therefore took over his one point for pole position. Second row was taken by Jones' team mate Joey Tempest, who clocked exactly the same time as Mori, and Rhys Davies from Rosenforth Engineering. Sebastian Groves and Phillippe Nicolas qualified 5th and 6th, ahead of Frank Zimmer and Damon Cannon. Kirsty Price and Adam Armenta are the other two Top 10 qualifiers - respectively 9th and 10th.

Results:

1. Sammy Jones ...... 1:26.33
2. Barii Mori ...... 1:26.34
3. Joey Tempest ...... 1:26.34
4. Rhys Davies ...... 1:26.35
5. Sebastian Groves ...... 1:26.36
6. Phillippe Nicolas ...... 1:26.41
7. Frank Zimmer ...... 1:26.45
8. Damon Cannon ...... 1:26.49
9. Kirsty Price ...... 1:26.57
10. Adam Armenta ...... 1:26.58
11. Vincent de Nieuwe ...... 1:26.59
12. Shinobu Katayama ...... 1:26.63
13. Ismail Sbai ...... 1:26.63
14. Daniel Cockburn ...... 1:26.67
15. Pippa Mann ...... 1:26.74
16. Phil McCracken ...... 1:26.82
17. Bernard Shellhammer ...... 1:26.84
18. Douglas Mann ...... 1:26.84
19. Daniel Melrose ...... 1:26.87
20. Richie White ...... 1:26.96
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

BTW, how is 11 + 11 = 20? Use a spreadsheet, I'll even email you a template so all you have to do is enter in the finishing positions and I'll tell you the points for the drivers and teams...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I think that the only way we can make F1 better right now.... is to have the best and the worst driver six tenths apart :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Virgins under intense pressure to deliver

Daniel Cockburn and Phil McCracken are both under pressure to improve their results after the team's test driver Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson won the recent F1RLFS Sprint Special charity race at Aston Cadet a few weeks ago.

"I think Daniel's performance needs to improve significantly," said Lindsay. "He was hired to be the team leader, but his results have been disappointing thus far. Phil on the other hand had a brilliant start to the season, but his form has mellowed out recently, and we will try to help him bring back those results."

Paddock rumours suggest one more bad performance by Cockburn at the EuroBrun Aston 500 will lead to him being fired and replaced as number one driver by McCracken, with Ragnar Hannesson taking the vacated 2nd driver seat.

However others are not so convinced, such as VIrgin Inter Corse team manager Georg Bjarnfreðarson.

"Ólafur does not have the brains or commitment to drive in the grands prix," he claimed. "He has been late to the factory so many times he has contributed the entire 100,000 kronur in the holiday fund in fines. This selfish lack of respect for order will mean I never promote him to a race driver. If it was my decision I would not make him test driver either, but the last time I hired staff myself I was reprimanded, so unforunately I cannot fire this waste of space."
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

After a long debate with the officials, here are the final results of OzJet Westhill Grand Prix!

Race
Richie White won the farcical OzJet Westhill Grand Prix. After a long three-way battle between him, McCracken and Sbai, Parklife Motorsport driver has taken the lead and didn't let it go to the 31st lap (out of planned 38), when the race was stopped. Since the race reached the 75% distance, all the drivers will be awarded full points.

Results:

1. Richie White
2. Phil McCracken
3. Ismail Sbai
4. Barii Mori
5. Sammy Jones
6. Daniel Melrose
7. Daniel Cockburn
8. Adam Armenta
9. Phillippe Nicolas
10. Kirsty Price
11. Rhys Davies
12. Damon Cannon
13. Vincent de Nieuwe
14. Joey Tempest
15. Bernard Shellhammer
16. Pippa Mann ..... +1 LAP
17. Sebastian Groves ..... +1 LAP
18. Shinobu Katayama ..... +1 LAP
19. Frank Zimmer ..... +2 LAPS
20. Douglas Mann ..... Ret
Last edited by Pointrox on 27 Jul 2011, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pointrox wrote:After a long debate with the officials, here are the final results of OzJet Westhill Grand Prix!

Race
Richie White won the farcical OzJet Westhill Grand Prix. After a long three-way battle between him, McCracken and Sbai, Parklife Motorsport driver has taken the lead and didn't let it go to the 31st lap (out of planned 38), when the race was stopped. Since the race reached the 75% distance, all the drivers will be awarded full points.

Results:

1. Richie White
2. Paul McCracken
3. Ismail Sbai
4. Barii Mori
5. Sammy Jones
6. Daniel Melrose
7. Daniel Cockburn
8. Adam Armenta
9. Phillippe Nicolas
10. Kirsty Price

11. Rhys Davies
12. Damon Cannon
13. Vincent de Nieuwe
14. Joey Tempest
15. Bernard Shellhammer
16. Pippa Mann ..... +1 LAP
17. Sebastian Groves ..... +1 LAP
18. Shinobu Katayama ..... +1 LAP
19. Frank Zimmer ..... +2 LAPS
20. Douglas Mann ..... Ret

Wow, a month between qualy and the race? And Foxdale are as rejectworthy in this as in F1RWRS, but for different reasons (slow v. unreliable...).
MCard LOLA
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Standings
Recalculated after my failure in Round 2 standings.

Drivers

1. Phil McCracken           19
2. Damon Cannon             18
3. Barii Mori               16
4. Sammy Jones              15
5. Ismail Sbai              11
6. Richie White             10
7. Shinobu Katayama          9
8. Rhys Davies               6
9. Daniel Cockburn           5
10. Sebastian Groves         4
11. Daniel Melrose           4
12. Joey Tempest             2
13. Frank Zimmer             2
14. Adam Armenta             1

Teams

1. Parklife Motorsport       28
2. Sunshine Infiniti         25
3. Virgin Inter Corse        24
4. Castrol Jones Racing      17
5. Scuderia de Cesaris       11
6. Rosenforth Engineering     8
7. Engine Failure Racing      5
8. QANTAS MRT                 4
9. Foxdale Auto Racing Team   0
10. Sega Blastcorp-Aqua F1    0
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

2012 provisional calendar revealed - test of the new F1RLFS car
The 2012 F1 calendar will contain 8 races according to the provisional schedule published by the IRDU today.
Despite speculation over keeping the current track selection, it appears that the calendar will consist of completely new venues.

IRDU report wrote:Croatian Grand Prix
Avtodrom Grobnik-Rijeka, Croatia

Austrian Grand Prix
Red Bull Ring, Austria

German Grand Prix
Norisring, Germany

Benelux Grand Prix
Zandvoort, Netherlands

Chilean Grand Prix
Pacifico Sport, Chile

African Grand Prix
Kyalami, South Africa

Brazilian Grand Prix
Emerson Fittipaldi Speedway

Manhattan Grand Prix
Lower Manhattan Street Circuit, USA

Rumor has it that a new car will be tested at Imola. More details soon.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wow, a new calendar while only half-way through the prevoius season. Bernie, is next year's F1 calendar finalised yet?
MCard LOLA
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

dr-baker wrote:Wow, a new calendar while only half-way through the prevoius season. Bernie, is next year's F1 calendar finalised yet?

I will quickly finish this season to take care of a new one. So here comes the 4th race of the season!

EuroBrun Aston 500

Qualifying
Joey Tempest (2:31.340) took pole position for the EuroBrun Aston 500. Interestingly, Damon Cannon set exactly the same lap time and he will share the front row with Castrol Jones driver. Phillippe Nicolas and Sammy Jones in the onther Castrol Jones qualified 3rd and 4th. Phil McCracken and Rhys Davies lined up 5th and 6th, followed by Shinobu Katayama and Bernard Shellhammer. Sebastian Groves and Frank Zimmer are the other top 10 qualifiers.

1. Joey Tempest ...... 2:31.34
2. Damon Cannon ...... 2:31.34
3. Phillippe Nicolas ...... 2:31.43
4. Sammy Jones ...... 2:31.57
5. Phil McCracken ...... 2:31.64
6. Rhys Davies ...... 2:31.65
7. Shinobu Katayama ...... 2:31.86
8. Bernard Shellhammer ...... 2:31.97
9. Sebastian Groves ...... 2:32.08
10. Frank Zimmer ....... 2:32.12
11. Daniel Cockburn ...... 2:32.13
12. Douglas Mann ...... 2:32.16
13. Richie White ...... 2:32.19
14. Ismail Sbai ...... 2:32.23
15. Vincent de Nieuwe ...... 2:32.30
16. Kirsty Price ...... 2:32.32
17. Pippa Mann ...... 2:32.44
18. Adam Armenta ...... 2:32.53
19. Barii Mori ...... 2:32.57
20. Daniel Melrose ...... 2:32.66
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Is it just me, or are the only videos that have been made are the race previews? Because I was looking forward to the highlights...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017