Your Reject of the Race - China!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Your Reject of the Race - China!

Post by eytl »

I've done this in the past when Captain Hammer has been AWOL, so he can't launch papayas at me. Besides, I claim SA/SGPA immunity.

But anyway, after Q1 there's an obvious candidate for ROTR so far ...

Anyway, over to you for your suggestions before I make an autocratic decision! :D
TomWazzleshaw

Re: Your Reject of the Race - China

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Glock? :P

In all seriousness though it has to be that Aussie guy that drives for Red Bull and the idiot at Red Bull who decided not to send him out on softs.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
sswishbone

Re: Your Reject of the Race - China

Post by sswishbone »

Red Bull strategists certainly seem a big vote for now!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Shizuka

Re: Your Reject of the Race - China!

Post by Shizuka »

Red Bull: if the field is within ONE second in Q1, you need to put your second driver, who has problems on a soft tyre!
If Webber finishes somewhere like 12th, it's definitely going to be ROTR for Red Bull's strategics...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Nico Rosberg is a potential from this session for not giving distance to Perez

Nick Heidfeld also for not setting a banker, he saw how close the last session was, it wasn't gonna change
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Two words: Renault F1

Petrov's car breaks which eliminates Heidfeld whose already had 2 accidents this weekend.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

McLaren's driver suit
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

Second that, has to be mclarens China edition race suit. Ghastly.
Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
GroupLotusRenault

Post by GroupLotusRenault »

Vettels helmet design, looks toomuch like Webbers
Engineering Student

"Is it because im Black" Lewis Hamilton 2011 Monaco GP No its because you dont ram people off the track.

Eric Bollouir- "the arrogence of the english" Says the one who runs a English team based in England
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I think its about time the reject of the race should be Helmet Painters in general, its about time they had one. They get paid to confuse people.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
mario

Post by mario »

Wizzie wrote:Two words: Renault F1

Petrov's car breaks which eliminates Heidfeld whose already had 2 accidents this weekend.

I have to agree with this.

Yes, Renault traditionally have been fairly aggressive with their qualifying strategy, and in many respects the teams are having to really nurse their tyres through qualifying so they don't use them all up before the race. I guess that they were trying to save as many sets of soft tyres for Q3, when they could afford to really attack, or holding back a fresh set for the race itself when the fresh tyres might really pay off.

But, with both drivers being sent out so late in the session, there is always the risk of a yellow or red flag ruining your timed lap. Having to sit in the pit lane, with your engine overheating (Alonso, for example, was hitting nearly 130ºC according to Brundle, when they switched to his onboard camera), your tyres cooling off and stuck in the turbulent wake of a train of cars: the odds really were stacked against Heidfeld (only Massa, being in clean air, really improved significantly - everybody else either failed to improve, or aborted their lap).
Yes, the R31 has been blisteringly quick off the line, and quickest down the back straight (over 322kph), so they do have the potential to make up places - but they'll have their work cut out tomorrow. That said, their loss is a big gain for McLaren and Ferrari - Ferrari because both Heidfeld and Petrov could have qualified ahead of them, and McLaren because they won't have to worry about Renault disrupting their strategy at the start.

As for Petrov, well, he seemed to be struggling to shift gear before the engine cut out; I'm inclined to agree that it might have been a loss in pressure in his hydraulics system. That said, has anybody been able to see the pre-race scruitineering report? I'm interested to know if Petrov's gearbox had been replaced for this race - his accident in Malaysia must have damaged it quite badly, surely?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Mark Webber so far, hands down!
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
James1978

Post by James1978 »

It'll be pretty difficult to top Webber for RotR I reckon. Failing to get out of Q1 when your teammate is on pole is pretty useless it has to be said! :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Webber or Heidfeld for me.

For Webber, it's the third race in a row he's had a huge gap to Vettel, so I don't think we can continuously attribute them to KERS or lack of running problems.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

I vote for formula 1.
Everything has really gone to hell in a handbasket this weekend already.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Mark Webber, not doubt. Unless he makes a lot of ground in the race or something rejectful happens to someone else, that's it.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, we already had enough Webber nominations, so I'm going with that guy who designed these red outfits for Hamilton and Button. They look awful.
patrick

Post by patrick »

Klon wrote:Well, we already had enough Webber nominations, so I'm going with that guy who designed these red outfits for Hamilton and Button. They look awful.

They are a bit odd. However if you get bored you can squint at the tv and pretend they're driving for ferrari.
I choose to reserve judgement on Renault for now as it is probable both cars will be in the top 10 by the end of lap one. Williams, on the other hand, are my pick. They just look so hopeless, sad though it is to admit
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Klon wrote:Well, we already had enough Webber nominations, so I'm going with that guy who designed these red outfits for Hamilton and Button. They look awful.

Where can I find a photo of that??
Trulli bad puns...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

Look in the "Caption This" thread, there's a neat one.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Klon wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

Look in the "Caption This" thread, there's a neat one.

Yep, found that :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

I kind of like the McLaren drivers suits. I think they should cover them in tiger stripes and wear them tomorrow.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Presumably it's to do with red apparently being regarded as a lucky colour in Chinese culture?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Paul Hayes wrote:Presumably it's to do with red apparently being regarded as a lucky colour in Chinese culture?

That explains how Ferrari qualified 5th and 6th instead of 9th and 10th where they really deserved to be.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Alguersuari with his rear tyre falling off.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Jenson Button - Know where your sodding mechanics are!! Sticking with this as final vote, had he not done this he'd have won the race
Last edited by sswishbone on 17 Apr 2011, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Either Button or the idiots that started Mark Webber on what appeared to be hard tyres.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

East Londoner wrote:Either Button or the idiots that started Mark Webber on what appeared to be hard tyres.

They were harder tyres.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Button for being a useless #2 driver.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

...and that's why it's called Reject of the Race, not Reject of the Qualifying. :D
Making up the numbers
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Button probably, threw it away with a stupid mistake.

Also pretty bad were 2 stop strategies.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
GroupLotusRenault

Post by GroupLotusRenault »

Williams- Yet again being miles off the pace and beaten by Team Lotus
Engineering Student

"Is it because im Black" Lewis Hamilton 2011 Monaco GP No its because you dont ram people off the track.

Eric Bollouir- "the arrogence of the english" Says the one who runs a English team based in England
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations:

Jenson Button: That was one of the daftest things I've ever seen.
Sergio Perez: Having a go is highly appreciated. Slamming into the side of Sutil isn't
Williams F1: Barrichello was anonymous all race while Maldonado continues to be useless by being beaten by Kovalainen.

But my ROTR goes to:

Nick Heidfeld: Had two accidents on Friday, was eliminated in Q2 thanks to Renault's agressive strategy and spent most of his race being passed by just about everybody.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Renault.

Go ahead and nail me for this, but they were expecting more.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will say Button in the end because he confounded his pit-crew and lost tyre management to Hamilton. Webber actually staged a recovery.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Maldonado - was he actually in this race? Anonymous, and beaten on merit by a Lotus.
Perez - that move on Sutil was never really on
Renault - Heidfeld spent most of the race being nowhere, and Petrov wasn't that hot
mario

Post by mario »

golic_2004 wrote:Alguersuari with his rear tyre falling off.

And to add insult to injury, he was the only person to retire from the race because his wheel fell off - that's fairly rejectful in itself before we consider how it happened. I think that has to be pretty close to ROTR.

shinji wrote:Button probably, threw it away with a stupid mistake.

Also pretty bad were 2 stop strategies.

I'm not entirely sure that Button could have won the race - even allowing for that mistake, he was struggling for pace towards the end of the race, so Lewes probably could have caught and passed him. That was a silly mistake, but, ultimately, probably not a race losing mistake in itself.

In addition, where were Renault today? Yes, they made a mistake by going for a 2 stop strategy, but even so, their pace was pretty poor to begin with.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Libertango

Post by Libertango »

Maldonado is the only one I can think of right now. It was a GREAT race!
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

My nomination goes to Williams.

Shamefully bad from the two, Pastor even beaten by a Lotus ON MERIT... oh how the mighty have fallen
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)