Support for Luca Badoer - for upcoming podcast!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Support for Luca Badoer - for upcoming podcast!

Post by Kuwashima »

Dear all,

We are planning a special Luca Badoer Comeback Edition of the podcast this weekend. I'm sure fans of all F1 'rejects' can bond together in support for Luca and his tilt at F1 glory in the most unlikely of circumstances.

Please feel free to post your messages of support for Luca below. We will read the best on the upcoming podcast. May the messages of love and encouragement flow freely, and in imaginative formats...!

Thanks
Jamie
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Support for Luca Badoer - for upcoming podcast!

Post by shinji »

Luca Badoer
He's neither Bad nor o'er the hill

Is there an Italian poetic equivalent to haikus? Following on from "Bonsai, not Banzai"(or vice-versa, I can't remember), it would be appropriate.

Found this - http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/5794, but I can't be bothered writing a poem. Something about being born near Venezia and racing at Valencia is the sum total my poetic abililty can muster. So bad nor o'er the hill it is then.

My video tribute of sorts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69BuCOepxs
Last edited by shinji on 14 Aug 2009, 13:39, edited 5 times in total.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Gary Shavit

Post by Gary Shavit »

It's really hard to decide about this. On one hand, it could be the greatest F1 Reject comeback of all time. A big chance to show that with decent equiptment, a reject can be a winner, or at least a reasonably competitive driver. But if he does pick up points, even a lot of them before Massa returns, we'll be loosing one of the all-time great rejects, and that would be a shame. I guess I prefer the hero comeback scenario, and we'll have to get a gold star ready to put by his name of the rejests list.
howardmb

Post by howardmb »

I'll start out by saying that I wish Luca the very best. I really do. But the analytical side of me scoffs at the idea. It's been ten years since he turned a wheel in anger against others who will want very much to beat him, most of his driving since then has been droning around in circles trying to duplicate every lap the same as the lap before so engineers can get a solid read-out on some part of the car they are trying to test. Test driving and actual racing are very different beasts. You can be great at one, and poor at the other. Perhaps I'm being too cynical and I should smell the flowers a little more deeply but I think he will do well in qualifying and bomb in the race.

(I hope I'm wrong but there it is...)

=====================================

On the day I started in F1, the pundits all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder at the joy they had found
Two 'Ozzies spoke up and said "Leave this one alone"
They could tell right away that I was bad to the bone
Bad to the bone Bad to the bone B-B-B-B-Bad to the bone

I broke a thousand hearts before I met you
I'll break a thousand more Baby, before I am through
I wanna remain on your pretty list, Forever and a mile
I'm here to tell ya baby That I'm Luca Bad-o-to-the-bone
Bad to the bone B-B-B-Bad B-B-B-Bad B-B-B-Bad Bad to the bone

====================================

A quick edit...I just re-read the "Hall of Shame" and under the catagory "What Mirrors?", (given for laking overtaking etiquette), Luca is mentioned as a possible 4th all time for "his antics" and bad manners when it comes to letting faster drivers pass by. Could this mean he will be used as a moving chicane to help protect Kimi? (I sniff a conspiracy in the making...) I don't know what the specifics of his antics were but it makes the team pick for Valencia all the more interesting. The really GREAT news is should Luca score points or even a win, he wouldn't have to be struck from the F1 Rejects site. Just make a 4th all time position and slide Luca's bio into place!
Last edited by howardmb on 13 Aug 2009, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

howardmb wrote:
On the day I started in F1, the pundits all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder at the joy they had found
Two 'Ozzies spoke up and said "Leave this one alone"
They could tell right away that I was bad to the bone
Bad to the bone Bad to the bone B-B-B-B-Bad to the bone

I broke a thousand hearts before I met you
I'll break a thousand more Baby, before I am through
I wanna remain on your pretty list, Forever and a mile
I'm here to tell ya baby That I'm Luca Bad-o-to-the-bone
Bad to the bone B-B-B-Bad B-B-B-Bad B-B-B-Bad Bad to the bone

George Thorogood and The Destroyers. The biggest bar band in the world!

To Luca:
As I write this, someone in the Ferrari team is probably violating the FIA-imposed holidays and surveying very closely the gearbox on the F-60 you'll be running in Valencia, so there will be no tears to be shed close to the end of the race.
It won't be easy, but then again you are an Italian driver that's only driven for Italian teams in Formula One. No one expects you to set the track on fire, but we wholeheartedly love to see you claim your place among the drivers who have escaped rejectdom.
My dad always says you should seize the chance to be great, because the train very rarely come back to pick you up. More than Schumacher, you have the possibility of writing one of the best pages of Formula One in recent years. Do your best, we all know it will be more than enough.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

To Luca,

I'm sure that all of us Reject fans will see that your talent and loyalty to the Scuderia is rewarded with the ultimate accolade of having your profile on this esteemed website removed, or at least moved into 'honourary reject' status!

I just hope you have a better experience racing Ferrari-powered machinery than you did all the way back in 1993... although this year's Ferrari has been as slow as that Lola sometimes!!!

This is the perfect reward for being overlooked for that points-scoring whore that was Mika Salo :P!!!!!!!

Luca, Luca, Luca Badoer
The cars you drove were never good goers
Luca, Luca, Luca Badoer
That Lola-Ferrari was no better than a mower
Luca, Luca, Luca Badoer
At the 'Ring in 99 you put on a hell of a show-er
Oh Luca, Luca, Luca Badoer
Please please do well, and be on this site no more-er (??)

Dan,
Reading, UK

PS. I feel an acronym coming on as well maybe, for Schumi's neck gives out, Badoer saves day and loses reject status (SNGOBSDALRS)!?!?!
Last edited by danardif1 on 13 Aug 2009, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

After some more irreverant F1 debate? Join http://www.f1-nation.ning.com!
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

'Come back with your shield or upon it.'
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

My Ferrari contact could probably get genuine messages of support to Luca.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

When I heard the Michael Schumacher was worried that his head might fly off at a high speed corner an that Ferrari picked you to be the replacement driver, it was like all my christmases came at once. Although I don't support Ferrari in principle, I will be rooting for you and hoping Kimi crashes out or at least gets rear ended by a BMW. I remember the good times, you being better then your team mates, 7th in San Marino in the BMS Scuderia Italia and the bad times, your gearbox packing up when you were 4th in the Minardi and gaining on Trulli and Barichello. It could have been your first podium. I was crying with you...

So Luca make sure you carry some tissues just in case you are destined for a podium or points and your car conks out on you, which is likely as you are driving Massa's car...
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
sea_green

Post by sea_green »

Isn't it great, in a world where every team wants the 18 or 19 year old with a scant resume and a head full of Jonas Brothers-esque hair and a ton of "upside," that the premier race team in the world decides to go with a man almost on the wrong side of 40 with gobs of experience but limited amounts of success and no long term potential? Shows what being a loyal company man can get you: Five races after the company's first choice unfortunately can't hack it.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Luca, good luck and no pressure!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Luca, I wish you all the best. You deserve the opportunity and I hope that luck is going to be smiling on you the way it was for Olivier Panis at Monaco in 96 (well, we can dream....)

Just remember that if you are doing well, when you see the blue flag it's someone else's turn to move over this time!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

And another try at a poem ... :mrgreen:

It shocked everywhere: from the paddock to the pageant;
loose parts caused Massa's terrible woes.
Schumacher is not fit to drive, but when there's no legend,
there are still unsung heroes.

Luca Badoer, we're happy to have you playin' the game.
And with KERS and Ferrari power, you see,
we believe you'll get the deserved fame.
Who knows, perhaps we'll hear "Inno di Mameli".

We'll watch you driving everywhere and it'll be good
be it in Valencia ... heck, even in Wales.
Brundle said once you couldn’t drive a nail through wood.
Make him eat those f'n nails!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Good luck Luca! Let's hope all his luck hasn't already been used up getting the drive in the first place - fingers crossed for at least a fourth place to get him out of reject status!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bort

Post by Bort »

Dear Luca.

If it looks like you are going to miss out on the points, at least take out Kimi in an amusing Ferrari/Ferrari collision.
Give Adrian Sutil a chance!
SennaStraight

Post by SennaStraight »

Luca Badoer is an anagram of Able Car Duo which could mean he will forge a great bond with Kimi.

However it can also spell "Brace Aloud" which is probably what the rest of the grid may be doing come August 23rd.

But I wish Luca the very best of luck - if he gets a point or even evades reject status...I'll....post a video of me singing the Italian national anthem in Italian
Murray - "First man out is Marques in the Arrows. Of course he's going out early to generate some media interest"
Martin - "I'm sure he would generate some interest if he went out in the Arrows because Marques drives for Minardi"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

To Luca

I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming race next week. Despite your many critics, I hope you know we at this website support you. GO LUCA!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

A drive that was fifteen years in the making... it's well deserved. Much success awaits.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

I would like to point out that whatever Luca does in the race, he's already made F1Rejects history by being the first driver to ever get back into a F1 raceseat after having his profile put up on the website. Now if he can go one step further and score a point or, dare we suggest it, unReject himself, that would be even more epic.
razta

Post by razta »

I'll ask FerrariStu if he can do one of his "video's" for a Luca Badoer return
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Come on Luca. We're all behind you. And honestly 4th is aiming too low :lol: I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and say that Badoer will win a race before the season is out
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Many Blue Flags

Post by Many Blue Flags »

There was an old man named Badoer
Who for a drive was always passed over
Until ill befell Massa
And Schumacher Passa(-ed)
And Ferrari chose to sink no lower.

Terrible rhyming, but it was worth a go.
Also Known As 'Mr Two-Seconds-Off-The-Pace'

YAFUGGA BLOODY GAFUGGOV is all I say to you.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Inter ... 000_season

Luca is a proven winner!

He has been racing in the same league as the Barrichellos and Coulthards of his generation and has beaten them out on track - when in equal machinery.

As he couldn't get any in F1 in the 90s, he took the well-paid seat as the Ferrari tester, as which he helped to develop all of the cars from the Schumacher era. So he most certainly has his part in those 7 World Drivers Championships as well.

With the upwards trend that Ferrari have shown in Hungary, we could really be in for a very pleasant surprise from Signore Badoer come Monza, which is one of the tracks where KERS should really matter.

Good luck Luca!
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

This is surely going to pass into the stuff of legends: Fangio's amazing race at the Nurburgring in '57, Villeneuve and Arnoux duelling at Dijon in '79, and joining that now, Luca Badoer. Returning, essentially from the F1 driver graveyard that is the tester's seat, after ten years, to set the record straight and claim those points wrested from him exactly ten seasons before, and finally remove the stigma of 'Best of the Worst', a title that will surely pass to someone more deserving.

Whomever objects to Luca's drive has no sense of justice, and will be proved wrong by seasons end when he graces the podium (I think he can :) )

Forza Luca!

(My only worry now is that by writing that, I've just activated Sod's Law and will have jinxed his run into the points.)
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
rhysclark01

Post by rhysclark01 »

Hello guys,

message of support for Luca
Come on Luca, i'm sure most of F1 will errupt with laughter if you beat Kimi,
Hopefully you'll get points as well,
I think this will be brilliant considering how Schumi screwed us all over

Keep up the good work
Luca and Jamie and the other one, i don't know how to spell your name (eenok?)

Regards
Reece
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Most people may not agree, but on this website, Luca Badoer is a legend. Let's hope he gets some points on the board. I would be very surprised if he wins a Grand Prix but as Murray Walker said ''Anything can happen in Formula 1, and it usually does!'' If he won at Monza, the tifosi would go beserk.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

This has probably been posted elsewhere, but the abbreviation of Badoer for the timing screens is "BAD". Lets hope he doesn't live up to this...
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I hope we see a fairytale to beat Brawn and Button - Badoer on the top step. This is the year to have a name beginning with B. I for one am going to be on the edge of my seat all weekend next weekend. Get well soon, Massa, but fingers crossed we get to keep Luca for the rest of the season!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

So far this year Webber has won a race and Badoer has gotten a Ferrari drive. Still to come will be Badoer scoring a point and Webber winning the world championship. It's the four horsemen of the apocalypse of the F1 world order.
Many Blue Flags

Post by Many Blue Flags »

Will Brundle take back what he said in Singapore last year though?

"I used to drive against [Ferrari Test Driver] Badoer in F3000. Back then he couldn't drive a nail into a plank of wood."

http://www.brundlequotes.com/page3.htm
Also Known As 'Mr Two-Seconds-Off-The-Pace'

YAFUGGA BLOODY GAFUGGOV is all I say to you.
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

I've always felt that Luca Badoer was up there with some of the best Minardi drivers, and of course he was robbed in 1999 on two counts, first by not standing in for Schumacher at Ferrari, and second because of the gearbox failure in the Minardi at the Nurburgring.

I'm absolutely delighted that Ferrari have finally asked him to stand in. Even if it all goes pear-shaped, he at least deserves the opportunity to show what he can do, as he's never had the chance to drive an F1 car capable of qualifying in the first ten. It's also easy to forget that he had some pretty good drives for Minardi in both 1995 and 1999. I think consistency has always been his biggest problem, rather than outright pace.

Anyway, as much as I'm not a Ferrari fan, I really hope Badoer does well, and if he does manage to outqualify Raikkonen, or even better outrace him, it will be my moment of the 2009 without question, and I really hope he does it. He's also the first Italian to race for Ferrari since Larini stood in for Alesi in 1994 I believe.

To Luca: Have a great race in Valencia, I hope it really goes well for you, and please beat Kimi Raikkonen, as it will make me very happy! Buona fortuna Luca. Spero che Valencia sia un buon weekend per te.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

I'am letting the chance of saying something original pasing away in front of me this time, partly, because i'am not original at all most of the times, at least in F1 related subjects. But the main reason is that if we had some luck we will be watching one of the possible last romantic redemptions in the history of sport. This guy Badoer have been so mistreated with the years passing by that he easily deserves a win just for that.

He had the worst machinery in the field most of the times and have been overshadowed the rest of it (if someone has the right to claim that he had benn overshadow is him, not Rubens), even this time he had been second option when by contract probably should have been the first. I will cheer up a point in 8th, I'll be inmensely happy with something higher and I'll scream as if it where my national futball team scoring in the world cup final if he gets on podium.

To put it simply: you don't see men redeeming among machines this way in this century.
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
donald29

Post by donald29 »

It's obvious to me Michael Schumacher could have raced. It's just the prospect of his comeback wasn't selling as many tickets as Bernie would have liked. They needed someone that would draw in the crowds upon their return. Someone with the sort of star quality that comes with 48 starts without a point. Step up to the plate, Luca Badoer. Kimi Raikkonen was quoted as saying "it doesn't matter who is in the other car" when question about Schuey as a teammate. I bet he's a little more fearful now.

Come on Luca, do us all proud.
R Rosset

Post by R Rosset »

The Badoer Song

My name is Luca
I raced a Lola-Ferrari
My name is Luca
I barrel rolled a Forti
My name is Luca
I cried at the Nurburgring
My name is Luca
I'm going to beat ice cream eating Kimi
melbournian

Post by melbournian »

In bocca al lupo, Luca! Your persistence is truly admirable.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Seldom is it that I find myself cheering on something the Ferrari team does. This is long overdue. Here's to Badoer getting a win in his first points finish!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

melbournian wrote:In bocca al lupo, Luca!

That sounds suspiciously like "into the wolf's mouth"...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
muttley

Post by muttley »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

It's the literal translation, but it does mean "good luck!"

There's even a better one:

In culo alla balena, Luca! Fagli vedere chi sei!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

muttley wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

It's the literal translation, but it does mean "good luck!"

There's even a better one:

In culo alla balena, Luca! Fagli vedere chi sei!

Ah OK.
As for this second option you mention, I'll refrain from translating the first part (family-friendly website, see), but the second part is probably something like "Show her who you are!" :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
muttley

Post by muttley »

Usually "good luck" is translated as "buona fortuna!" or "auguri!", but in certain ambients (showbiz, for example) it is believed that they actually bring bad luck, so people use the aforementioned euphemisms.

If someone wishes you "in culo alla balena!" you are supposed to answer "speriamo che non caghi!" for the wish to have effect :lol: