PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Ciaran

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by Ciaran »

I'm just wondering Racing Heart, how did you manage to model the tyres so that they would drop off in performance (particularly the Hawkens)? At the moment I'm messing around with a F1 1989 mod and I'm trying to get the Pirellis to wear out quicker than the Bridgestones, and for both to wear out enough for the AI to need to do pitstops.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Regenmeister94 wrote:I'm just wondering Racing Heart, how did you manage to model the tyres so that they would drop off in performance (particularly the Hawkens)? At the moment I'm messing around with a F1 1989 mod and I'm trying to get the Pirellis to wear out quicker than the Bridgestones, and for both to wear out enough for the AI to need to do pitstops.

Mess with the .tbc file for your respective mod. For my particular mod's case, as an example, I would open the GR2_HAWKENS.tbc file and scroll down to the section [COMPOUND]. Under there, you have AIWearRate and WearGrip1 (for wear curve at 6% to 50%) / WearGrip2 (for wear curve beyond 50%). As a general recommendation, I would not recommend having the tires drop below 85 to 90% grip in the WearGrip parameters. Be warned, the vast majority of rFactor tires have separate parameters for front and rear tires.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Hi, everyone~.

I've always wanted to run one of those realistic-style championships that are in 'The 18-Metre Debut Memorial Forum'.

I've read the 'PMMF Introduction Thread For New Members' several times, but beyond this, are there any rules or pieces of advice that are important to know? :)

For instance, does this forum currently have sufficient members who would want to participate in a virtual championship? I've having trouble measuring this.

Is there a minimum or maximum complexity to the series? E.g. could a series be too complex, by allowing overly-intricate car development and/or business management features?

Is there a way I can gauge what type of championship/cars/year is in demand?

I think I'd be OK with simulating the races and planning the series out properly, but I'm just concerned about starting a thread with some huge idea for a virtual championship. I need someone to say "Just do it, dude!" or "Hold up, you're not ready." :|
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BioBiro wrote:Hi, everyone~.

I've always wanted to run one of those realistic-style championships that are in 'The 18-Metre Debut Memorial Forum'.

I've read the 'PMMF Introduction Thread For New Members' several times, but beyond this, are there any rules or pieces of advice that are important to know? :)

For instance, does this forum currently have sufficient members who would want to participate in a virtual championship? I've having trouble measuring this.

Is there a minimum or maximum complexity to the series? E.g. could a series be too complex, by allowing overly-intricate car development and/or business management features?

I think I'd be OK with simulating the races and planning the series out properly, but I'm just concerned about starting a thread with some huge idea for a virtual championship. I need someone to say "Just do it, dude!" or "Hold up, you're not ready." :|

This is certainly the right thread to start with! I think that the amount of people willing to enter a championship is variable depending on how appealing the championship is. To get a good feel for what people would prefer, you can always post a brief plan here, or head over to the chatroom to have a conversation and bounce ideas around.

Welcome, by the way! :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

BioBiro wrote:Hi, everyone~.

Well, for starters the 18-Metre Debut Memorial Forum is more relaxed than the Andrea Sassetti Memorial Forum. ASMF is "canon" and requires all series there to be at least semi-realistic and take into account everything that has already happened and will happen in the canon (such as results and driver deaths). Meanwhile in the 18MDMF every series tends to form its own continuity so you don't have to take into account what others are doing, and results don't need to be as realistic (although it's still strongly encouraged as it rewards people who are putting in a decent effort).

If the series is interesting enough, you should have no problem in attracting enough people into participaating in the series. To properly gauge interest, you should post about your series idea in this thread (i.e. what kind of cars are participating and in which era is the series taking place).

There's generally no limit in complexity, some of the current series are very simple while others require more intricate planning, however as a general note more people are interested in less-complex series because they require less time and effort.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

A potential new non-canon series; your opinion matters!
I kindly encourage those who are interested in participating in a virtual series for either of the below options to let me know.

Option 1 - Formula One 1984
15 different teams.
The era of the turbocharged engine has truly arrived, and teams using naturally-aspirated engines feel picked-on. The biggest bully on the schoolyard is new engine supplier Porsche whom McLaren have exclusive use of. Further back, British outfit 'Spirit' contest their first full season, Toleman sign highly-touted F3 driver Ayrton Senna, and the RAM team surely cannot continue after a disastrous 1983.

Option 2 - Formula One 1994
14 different teams.
With the elimination of driver aids and the reintroduction of refuelling, 1994 could be considered the begging of the 'modern era' of F1. Jordan and Sauber demonstrate how successful new teams could be, while Footwork and Lotus are falling ever further behind; which way will Simtek and Pacific Grand Prix go?

@tommykl and Nuppiz
Thank you both for your input~!

I did some browsing around and ruled-out the years that other user's championships have simulated, as well as seasons that successful threads are progressing towards, so as to try not to step on anyone's toes. After giving it some thought, I narrowed it down to two potential F1 seasons I'd be comfortable running.

It seems that perhaps the best way is to provide players with fewer decisions to make, but have each decision feel important, by providing detail on its consequences, and having the 'virtual world' reflect those consequences.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BioBiro wrote:A potential new non-canon series; your opinion matters!
I kindly encourage those who are interested in participating in a virtual series for either of the below options to let me know.

Option 1 - Formula One 1984
15 different teams.
The era of the turbocharged engine has truly arrived, and teams using naturally-aspirated engines feel picked-on. The biggest bully on the schoolyard is new engine supplier Porsche whom McLaren have exclusive use of. Further back, British outfit 'Spirit' contest their first full season, Toleman sign highly-touted F3 driver Ayrton Senna, and the RAM team surely cannot continue after a disastrous 1983.

Option 2 - Formula One 1994
14 different teams.
With the elimination of driver aids and the reintroduction of refuelling, 1994 could be considered the begging of the 'modern era' of F1. Jordan and Sauber demonstrate how successful new teams could be, while Footwork and Lotus are falling ever further behind; which way will Simtek and Pacific Grand Prix go?

@tommykl and Nuppiz
Thank you both for your input~!

I did some browsing around and ruled-out the years that other user's championships have simulated, as well as seasons that successful threads are progressing towards, so as to try not to step on anyone's toes. After giving it some thought, I narrowed it down to two potential F1 seasons I'd be comfortable running.

It seems that perhaps the best way is to provide players with fewer decisions to make, but have each decision feel important, by providing detail on its consequences, and having the 'virtual world' reflect those consequences.

Sounds potentially interesting to me, particularly the 1994 season (the first full season I was really, really into the sport). Although I have to question how much time I can commit to these virtual championships, considering the professional degree course that I am on at the moment...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

I ran into some rather game-breaking problems with the Supra and R34 GT-R models I was previously planning to use, as these cars caused severe performance issues. But, with the magic of ZModeler2 and 3DsimED, I took some models from a port of the Works race cars in Shift 2 Unleashed, and gave them new wheels.
This is how the Supra I have looks like now:

And the mod in question has this model of R34:

What do you think, guys? PES still good to go?
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

dr-baker wrote:Sounds potentially interesting to me, particularly the 1994 season (the first full season I was really, really into the sport). Although I have to question how much time I can commit to these virtual championships, considering the professional degree course that I am on at the moment...

Thank you~!

Well, it's been a couple of days and so far I've received one, slightly tentative - but definitely well-meaning - positive response.

Could a more experienced member tell me if this is a good sign (i.e. "Do it!"), a bad sign (i.e. "Not enough players; don't do it!"), or a kind-of neutral sign (i.e. "Just go ahead with it, and see how many people sign-up for teams!")? ;)
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'd at least try and go ahead running it regardless, even just for the sake of getting all the simulation infrastructure set up- that's what I did when I started my BTCC series in the forum in September, and it mostly worked out. You may just have to be patient with entries though- it took over a fortnight for mine to gain reasonable grid numbers, and it still isn't full. Anyway, your idea seems good and I'd be interested in entering it.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Racing Heart wrote:I ran into some rather game-breaking problems with the Supra and R34 GT-R models I was previously planning to use, as these cars caused severe performance issues. But, with the magic of ZModeler2 and 3DsimED, I took some models from a port of the Works race cars in Shift 2 Unleashed, and gave them new wheels.
-Images-

What do you think, guys? PES still good to go?

Looks great, I can't wait to see this series in action!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BioBiro wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Sounds potentially interesting to me, particularly the 1994 season (the first full season I was really, really into the sport). Although I have to question how much time I can commit to these virtual championships, considering the professional degree course that I am on at the moment...

Thank you~!

Well, it's been a couple of days and so far I've received one, slightly tentative - but definitely well-meaning - positive response.

Could a more experienced member tell me if this is a good sign (i.e. "Do it!"), a bad sign (i.e. "Not enough players; don't do it!"), or a kind-of neutral sign (i.e. "Just go ahead with it, and see how many people sign-up for teams!")? ;)

Considering that this series will be non-canon, you're not losing anything by simply starting a thread in the right forum with a concrete plan and seeing what happens. I'm not expressing an outward opinion quite simply because both eras are interesting. ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm down for a bit of '84, I think we've done a few championships circa '94/'95 in the past.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia wrote:I'm down for a bit of '84, I think we've done a few championships circa '94/'95 in the past.

Agreed. The mid-80s have been covered a lot less comprehensively than late 80s/early 90s.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Holy Jesus; I did a lot of talking, and now I've got to follow it up by actually making this happen.

I agree with the two of you that suggested the '84 season. After my earlier post in this thread, I did some more reading of others' championships on here, and discovered that Collieafc had already done a very professional non-canon '94 season a couple of years ago, so I agree - let's do 1984.

I hope it's OK with everyone if I take a little time and plan this out in detail. After weighing up my options for simulation, I've decided to use a combination of spreadsheet and writing a custom program to handle the timing. Finally, I want to make this simple and fun for all, but with a few twists that I haven't seen done before.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement, and see you soon~!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

1984 sounds great to me!

You sound like you know what you're doing, which is great. If you're slightly less experienced in terms of spreadsheets, I run my own series (1950s F1) using spreadsheets almost exclusively, so I'm always there if you need some tips.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

tommykl wrote:1984 sounds great to me!

You sound like you know what you're doing, which is great. If you're slightly less experienced in terms of spreadsheets, I run my own series (1950s F1) using spreadsheets almost exclusively, so I'm always there if you need some tips.

Maybe format it for him first if you show it off though, eh? At present it's nothing more than an extremely confusing, unexplained matrix of figures. I had to down a ton of painkillers after the last time I looked from the headache it gave me! :?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:
tommykl wrote:1984 sounds great to me!

Maybe format it for him first if you show it off though, eh? At present it's nothing more than an extremely confusing, unexplained matrix of figures. I had to down a ton of painkillers after the last time I looked from the headache it gave me! :?

Ah, but I was more suggesting how to use various formulae and store data. The spreadsheet I use is tailored to my own series and is the product of five years of continuous tinkering that have rendered it nigh-on unusable for anyone else :P

Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

On another totally unrelated note, i wanted to mention that 'all the great innovative ideas for a google navigation challenge' turned out to be stupid ideas, and that's why i didn't go ahead with them. Nevertheless i've been pondering over some ideas regularly. Some of these ideas include Tour De France De Vélo and a Prison Break/cat-and-mouse style challenge. But the first one turned out to be too bland and the second one would be too complicated at the moment, as i first need to prove i can pull of organising the ideas i had in the past, before going overambitious.
If people are interested, i'd want to organise a more standard north-south challenge. And prepare it to debut in 2 or 3 weeks. I will not start a thread before i got everything figured out, of course.

To allow the game to be more playable for those who have less time, i will not expect people to post daily, and enable to post ahead (in pm's) if you know you won't be able to post for a while. This of course will give a tactical disadvantage, but might turn out surprisingly well for some participants. Meanwhile those willing to post daily, still have a tactical advantage, but at the same time have the disadvantage of information about other participants not being announced before the deadline has passed. I hope these freedoms will allow me to be more strict on the rules (about missing deadlines, exceeding time limits, selecting hotels, etc.). More on that will be posted when i finish the preparations.

The general concept will be similar to the concept i posted a while ago, so don't expect many surprises. After all it does not need to get too complicated, and that concept looked already relatively complex at first sight, making it different enough from the previous challenges. I should be careful to not be too ambitious.
Nevertheless, i've got time on my hands to do it. I also plan to include a manual in the first post with screenshots to avoid confusion over some rules.

Personally, i think organising this might be a good way to get more of a perspective over some things.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

I just kinda realized something. FIA PC, GTSS, and to a lesser extent, PES are all either top or mid-card sports car series. Would there be any demand for a feeder series to any of these, if the organizers of these series want an alternative to the typical open-wheel feeders?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Racing Heart wrote:I just kinda realized something. FIA PC, GTSS, and to a lesser extent, PES are all either top or mid-card sports car series. Would there be any demand for a feeder series to any of these, if the organizers of these series want an alternative to the typical open-wheel feeders?

I'd be more interested to see a larger variety of touring car fare. SEAT Supercopa is well done as is, but IPC just went to the wall, and the proposed S2000 series has quite old cars. I do wish we had something with more modern car models in tin-tops.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Biscione wrote:
Racing Heart wrote:I just kinda realized something. FIA PC, GTSS, and to a lesser extent, PES are all either top or mid-card sports car series. Would there be any demand for a feeder series to any of these, if the organizers of these series want an alternative to the typical open-wheel feeders?

I'd be more interested to see a larger variety of touring car fare. SEAT Supercopa is well done as is, but IPC just went to the wall, and the proposed S2000 series has quite old cars. I do wish we had something with more modern car models in tin-tops.

The Proposed S2000 series has quite old cars for a reason. Due to the fact that tin top series can't just stick to a mod over a span of years without getting stale (NR 2003 and one make series notwithstanding), we've chosen to work together with a singular timeline for introducing and removing cars across both the S2000 series and the GT Super Series, with the PES being included when it gets going. They're representations of what would be raced in 2018 and beyond just using older cars as visual aids, with 2018 using cars that were actually made in 2005, 2019 using 2006 cars etc..
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Oh mah goodness; I was so pleased by your responses, I spent the last week planning everything all out for F1 1984+...

... and I made it, at last! ;) Hope I don't screw it up. :|

Thank you all again for the warm welcome in this thread~!

/slightlyspam
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I've been using Excel recreationally today; hopefully it should soon be ready to replace xKoranate as my simulator of choice (because nobody likes xKoranate).

Today, it gave me the following result for an imaginary German Grand Prix:

Code: Select all

------------------------------------------------------------------
1966 German Grand Prix
 RACE RESULT
----------------------
1. Denny Hulme (Brabham-Repco)                    2:12:57.485
2. Jochen Rindt (Cooper-Maserati)                 2:13:04.342
3. Jo Bonnier (McLaren-Serenissima)               2:17:17.075
4. Jack Brabham (Brabham-Repco)                   2:17:32.746
5. Mike Spence (Lotus-Climax)                     +1 lap
6. Jo Siffert (Cooper-Maserati)                   +1 lap
7. Lorenzo Bandini (Scuderia Ferrari)             +1 lap
8. Mike Parkes (Scuderia Ferrari)                 +1 lap
X. Graham Hill (British Racing Motors)            DNF Lap 12
X. Jacky Ickx (Matra-Ford)                        DNF Lap 6
X. Richie Ginther (Honda)                         DNF Lap 4
X. Jackie Stewart (British Racing Motors)         DNF Lap 4
X. Dan Gurney (Eagle-Westlake)                    DNF Lap 4
X. Jim Clark (Lotus-Climax)                       DNF Lap 3
X. Guy Ligier (Matra-Ford)                        DNF Lap 3
X. Bruce McLaren (McLaren-Serenissima)            DNF Lap 2
----------------------
 FASTEST LAP
----------------------
   Jim Clark (Lotus-Climax)                       8:25.929
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Aislabie wrote:I've been using Excel recreationally

Dude, you've got to stop before it becomes more serious. Be wary of the street Excel, that's been cut with all sorts of things.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

What's everyone's stance on me creating around 12 to 20 fictional drivers exclusively for Pacific Endurance Series? Each driver will have a short 1 or 2 page summary, and will include all data required to make them legal for use in other series (date of birth, age at the start of the 2019 season, etc).
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Racing Heart wrote:What's everyone's stance on me creating around 12 to 20 fictional drivers exclusively for Pacific Endurance Series? Each driver will have a short 1 or 2 page summary, and will include all data required to make them legal for use in other series (date of birth, age at the start of the 2019 season, etc).

I'm not particularly for it. There are already plenty of other relevant drivers floating around in canon who could partake, so I'm not sure I see the merit in flooding the market even further with drivers from a single source.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:
Racing Heart wrote:What's everyone's stance on me creating around 12 to 20 fictional drivers exclusively for Pacific Endurance Series? Each driver will have a short 1 or 2 page summary, and will include all data required to make them legal for use in other series (date of birth, age at the start of the 2019 season, etc).

I'm not particularly for it. There are already plenty of other relevant drivers floating around in canon who could partake, so I'm not sure I see the merit in flooding the market even further with drivers from a single source.

I wouldn't put them out all in one go. It's good to have proper plans for multiple fictional drivers already, but it's better if you keep dropping them in slowly, one at a time, instead of releasing a large mass of them simultaneously.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

School and searching for work has been busier than I thought, so North American F4 may take longer to finished than I've hoped. What timetable do I need to finish it so Indy Lights and Indycar can start? If it's soon I may have to cut F4 short due to having a busy schedule in order to allow the 2019 season to start.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

I know, I know, I should be working on Pacific Endurance Series, but work with me here.

If PES takes off, I want to run a feeder series that's also dual-class like PES is, but with a different car set. There will only be five rounds as opposed to PES' nine, but races are still from 200 to 500 km. Thus, a "Road to PES" ladder could be established as an alternative to a F4 Asia/Japan series.

I assembled a bunch of drift mods together to create a Super Taikyu like series. The cars would be in two categories, ST-A (500 bhp RWD and 4WD cars) and ST-B (350 bhp RWD cars). These cars have ridiculous amount of customization, including custom wheels and rear wing choices. Here are some screenshots of cars that might make it in.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Proposal: FIA Formula 4 World Finals

With many of the feeder series having a winter off-season component - whether it be the F2 Pacific Cup, the AR 3.5 Middle East / Africa / Random Continent Cup, or the CWS, there has always been something to keep youngsters sharp.

With three new Formula 4 level series for 2018, I propose an off-season championship unifying the best drivers from those championships into one - the FIA Formula 4 World Finals.

With all three F4 series finishing their calendars in late September, it leaves the last three months of the year - aside perhaps from AR 2.0 testing on 22/23 Oct - open for these drivers. The World Finals would allow the cream of the crop from the trio of regional series - Britain & Ireland, Italy and North America - to compete against one another to crown an ultimate champion of the Formula 4 level.

There would be 18 drivers in the field, with the Top 6 from each national series receiving an invitation to partake. If any declined, their invite would be passed down to the next driver in the same national series, and repeat until all 6 berths are filled from each region. There would be no teams - instead, each driver would be representing "Team GB & Ireland", "Team Italia" and "Team North America".

The series would be composed of three rounds, of two races apiece. These would again be an average of 60km in length per race. The calendar would be as follows;

1. 27-28 October / Shanghai F4 Masters (Shanghai International Circuit, China) [Supporting Formula One]
2. 17-18 November / Grand Prix de Pau (Pau Circuit, France)
3. 1-2 December / Grand Finale at the Valley (Grand Valley Speedway, USA)

Thoughts?

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Biscione wrote:Proposal: FIA Formula 4 World Finals

With many of the feeder series having a winter off-season component - whether it be the F2 Pacific Cup, the AR 3.5 Middle East / Africa / Random Continent Cup, or the CWS, there has always been something to keep youngsters sharp.

With three new Formula 4 level series for 2018, I propose an off-season championship unifying the best drivers from those championships into one - the FIA Formula 4 World Finals.

With all three F4 series finishing their calendars in late September, it leaves the last three months of the year - aside perhaps from AR 2.0 testing on 22/23 Oct - open for these drivers. The World Finals would allow the cream of the crop from the trio of regional series - Britain & Ireland, Italy and North America - to compete against one another to crown an ultimate champion of the Formula 4 level.

There would be 18 drivers in the field, with the Top 6 from each national series receiving an invitation to partake. If any declined, their invite would be passed down to the next driver in the same national series, and repeat until all 6 berths are filled from each region. There would be no teams - instead, each driver would be representing "Team GB & Ireland", "Team Italia" and "Team North America".

The series would be composed of three rounds, of two races apiece. These would again be an average of 60km in length per race. The calendar would be as follows;

1. 27-28 October / Shanghai F4 Masters (Shanghai International Circuit, China) [Supporting Formula One]

Thoughts?

I've been thinking of having this kind of event for Formula 4, though I personally thought we needed 1 or two more series before we'd have enough drivers. But if we can make it work then by all means, let's go with it! :D
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:

Thoughts?

I've been thinking of having this kind of event for Formula 4, though I personally thought we needed 1 or two more series before we'd have enough drivers. But if we can make it work then by all means, let's go with it! :D

I've always thought we need an Asian F4 series. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:I've always thought we need an Asian F4 series. :)

Crack on, then. Make it happen if you think we need one.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Thoughts?

I'd do it all as one weekend personally, maybe with a qualifying race or somesuch thrown in to make it seem more "grand" (no need to guess my preferred venue!). Gives it that extra sense of "finality". ;)
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Racing Heart wrote:I know, I know, I should be working on Pacific Endurance Series, but work with me here.

If PES takes off, I want to run a feeder series that's also dual-class like PES is, but with a different car set. There will only be five rounds as opposed to PES' nine, but races are still from 200 to 500 km. Thus, a "Road to PES" ladder could be established as an alternative to a F4 Asia/Japan series.

I assembled a bunch of drift mods together to create a Super Taikyu like series. The cars would be in two categories, ST-A (500 bhp RWD and 4WD cars) and ST-B (350 bhp RWD cars). These cars have ridiculous amount of customization, including custom wheels and rear wing choices. Here are some screenshots of cars that might make it in.

I'd take it that the cars would be tuned to grip instead of slide? I don't think drifting is good training for the higher-class, high-downforce cars. :D

Though I personally would not have more than 1 series off of the bat (one of our former members burned out trying to do all of the Indycar tiers), so I'd be careful with taking so much on my plate before getting a series through at least 1 season.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Though I personally would not have more than 1 series off of the bat (one of our former members burned out trying to do all of the Indycar tiers)

That wasn't the reason they failed...

And, as has been noted before, this isn't Racing Heart's first virtual racing series, just his first on GP Rejects. ;)
#FreeGonzo
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:I'd take it that the cars would be tuned to grip instead of slide? I don't think drifting is good training for the higher-class, high-downforce cars. :D

Hahaha, no, not at all!! :D I'll be sticking some proper race tires and giving these cars some mild amounts of downforce to keep them from sliding like mad. The cars should feel basically like "somewhat powerful" touring cars.

Simtek wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Though I personally would not have more than 1 series off of the bat (one of our former members burned out trying to do all of the Indycar tiers)

And, as has been noted before, this isn't Racing Heart's first virtual racing series, just his first on GP Rejects. ;)

No, no, even if I'm not new to running virtual racing series, I understand Captain's concerns. I have a lot to juggle and PES/Taikyu are personal projects that I am really happy and excited about. :) I want to prepare for this a bit more carefully, don't want multiple series suffering because of my somewhat easily excited temperament :lol:
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

As has been mentioned, we currently lack an Asian F4 Series- well I have been preparing resources to run one, and would be willing to do so if you wish (I've even got the logo done, as you can see below). These are just preliminary plans which can be changed to address issues you brings up.

The series would be run with a similar format to the Italian series- two heats and a final per round, and the seemingly standardised points system that all the other F4 series use.

However there would be some differences, primarily due to my use of GP2 as simulator; Firstly, entries would have to be two cars, and liveries mostly consistent between them per team. Injuries wouldn't be simulated like in A-I F4 either, neither would driver-mentors; I would like to keep things fairly simple if possible.

I would however be able to post race footage (without commentry mind) on Dailymotion like I do for my BTCC series, so you can see your drivers in action. To this end I have made a "Dome F4" carshape for GP2 (it's a bit rough, I know) which can be seen below:

Image Image

Finally, calender wise I would feel it would make most sense for this series to support the ANUS/'FNippon', if that is fine with Aerond.

Feel free to suggest improvements/ tell me how much of a terrible, terrible idea this is.
Last edited by This Could Be You on 09 Nov 2016, 17:58, edited 2 times in total.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

This Could Be You wrote:As has been mentioned, we currently lack an Asian F4 Series- well I have been preparing resources to run one, and would be willing to do so if you wish. These are just preliminary plans which can be changed to address issues you brings up.

The series would be run with a similar format to the Italian series- two heats and a final per round, and the seemingly standardised points system that all the other F4 series use.

However there would be some differences, primarily due to my use of GP2 as simulator; Firstly, entries would have to be two cars, and liveries mostly consistent between them per team. Injuries wouldn't be simulated like in A-I F4 either, neither would driver-mentors; I would like to keep things fairly simple if possible.

I would however be able to post race footage (without commentry mind) on Dailymotion like I do for my BTCC series, so you can see your drivers in action. To this end I have made a "Dome F4" carshape for GP2 (it's a bit rough, I know) which can be seen below:

Image Image

Finally, calender wise I would feel it would make most sense for this series to support the ANUS/'FNippon', if that is fine with Aerond.

Feel free to suggest improvements/ tell me how much of a terrible, terrible idea this is.

If possible can you send me a copy of that to me and to Simtek? We can have our series actually all have the same in-game chassis with this :D