PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Gertrand Bachot

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Right, this isn't really a series proposal (yet, at least), more so investigation. Recently I have become quite interested in the concept of running a series using a spreadsheet, and have looked into (read the forum threads of) several series where this is the case. However, I am still not quite sure how this is done. So, the question I ask for those who are in the know, is how exactly do you simulate both qualifying and races using a spreadsheet? I ask because the program I was using to do this before, GP2, has some serious limitations that I feel can be overcome with a spreadsheet, as well as the general concept looking quite interesting. Any feedback would be hugely appreciated.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Right, this isn't really a series proposal (yet, at least), more so investigation. Recently I have become quite interested in the concept of running a series using a spreadsheet, and have looked into (read the forum threads of) several series where this is the case. However, I am still not quite sure how this is done. So, the question I ask for those who are in the know, is how exactly do you simulate both qualifying and races using a spreadsheet? I ask because the program I was using to do this before, GP2, has some serious limitations that I feel can be overcome with a spreadsheet, as well as the general concept looking quite interesting. Any feedback would be hugely appreciated.

I had one in my Alternate GP2 which ran for almost three seasons. I can send some details in few days.
ShaneEyoho

Re: PMMF Planning Thread - GT Endurance Series Idea

Post by ShaneEyoho »

Ive had an idea for an Endurance Series (as there aren't many about to my knowledge) the way it would work would be that it would use GTE/GTAm Cars from the real life WEC. For the race results i would be using a scorinator (I have xkoranate currently but please let me know if there are any good racing scorinators out there.)

GENERAL INFORMATION
Users would be able to submit teams and drivers to the series (the drivers can be real life drivers, fictional drivers or drivers from this universe) if this idea does go ahead there would be a signing up phase for the series so people can sign up for it. When the signups are done the races will begin, before signups begin a calendar will be released onto the thread for the series so teams get an idea of where the series will go and where they will race at. Distances can vary the current proposed distances are 4 hours, 6 hours and 8 hours with the final race of the season being a 24 hour race at, as of planning, the Nürburgring in Germany.

RACES
Much like all Endurance Series, the series will have two classes, a GTE Class (for experienced drivers) and a GTAm class (for amateur drivers) during a race weekend there will be two qualifying sessions (one for each class) where each team chooses two drivers (one from each car) to go on track and obviously qualify to try and get pole position. The day after qualifying will be when the race starts the grid would be made so that the GTE class teams (the faster cars) would be ahead of the GTAm class teams (the slower cars). There would be a formation lap as well, after that when the cars get round to the line after the formation lap the green flag would wave and the race would get under way. During the race teams are allowed to make pit stops for Fuel, Tyres and also to repair their cars and maybe even to change drivers there is no limit to how many times a car can pit in a race so a teams strategy has to be on point.

TEAMS
The teams themselves would have 3 drivers each for both cars and would also have the opportunity to have a reserve driver if one of their main drivers isnt avaliable for a certain race. The minimum number of teams for each class is 4. When signing up a team would state what their Team Name is, their principal, who there drivers are, what there car numbers are as well as technical things like what their engine is and what tyres they use (for a sign up example see below)

CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS
At the end of each race points will be given out to the drivers, teams and manufacturar's. The point system can be seen below.
Normal Points System: 1st - 25 | 2nd - 20 | 3rd - 15 | 4th - 12 | 5th - 10 | 6th - 8 | 7th - 6 | 8th - 4 | 9th - 3 | 10th - 2
Other finishers outside the top 10 would get 1 point.
For the finale race at the Nurburgring and the opening round at Le Mans double points are given out so 1st would get 50, 2nd would get 40 and so on.

SIGNUP TEMPLATE:
This is the signup template for what the teams would use to sign up:

Team Name:
Class: GTE or GTAM or Both
Team Base:
Principal:
1st Car Number:
1st Car Drivers:
2nd Car Number:
2nd Car Drivers:
Reserve Driver (if none say None):
Engine/Manufacturur:
Chassis:
Tyres:

PROVISIONAL CALENDAR:
This is the Calendar used for Season 1 (should the series get enough interest)
1. 24 Hours of Le Mans - Le Mans
2. 4 Hours of Istanbul - Istanbul Park Circuit
3. 6 Hours of Shanghai - Shanghai International Circuit
4. 6 Hours of Motegi - Twin Ring Motegi
5. 8 Hours of Mexico - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
6. 6 Hours of Texas - Circuit of the Americas
7. 4 Hours of Cyprus - Akrotiri Bay International Circuit
8. 8 Hours of Silverstone - Silverstone Circuit
9. 6 Hours of Austria - Red Bull Ring
10. Nurburgring 24 Hour Finale - Nurburgring

Would like your guys feedback on this series as i would like to see if there is an interest here.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'm generally leery of any xkoronate-run series, since the races tend to err on the side of being shitshows, but if you want to give it a go yourself and see if you can get it to make sense, I'd sign up for a non-canon series.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Right, this isn't really a series proposal (yet, at least), more so investigation. Recently I have become quite interested in the concept of running a series using a spreadsheet, and have looked into (read the forum threads of) several series where this is the case. However, I am still not quite sure how this is done. So, the question I ask for those who are in the know, is how exactly do you simulate both qualifying and races using a spreadsheet? I ask because the program I was using to do this before, GP2, has some serious limitations that I feel can be overcome with a spreadsheet, as well as the general concept looking quite interesting. Any feedback would be hugely appreciated.

So, I'm not sure if it can be of some help. But here you have two simulation spreadsheets:

This one is called in ExcelMotor, and it's completely in Portuguese, sorry... Works on Microsoft Excel but not in Google Sheets. I found this one scavenging in some Brazilian Forum a long time ago:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gT1yL ... lzgl0XHrzQ

The second one is called The Racing Simulator v2.01, and you probably may know it. It's the one used in NationStates.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I am considering starting new series, which would start in 2020. It is based on the older idea here with A1GP based around current calendar. So player controlling UK can choose Lewis Hamilton to drive but he obviously has F1 commitments over them so he cannot drive on the same weekend F1 in Montreal and A1GP somewhere else.

The series would be open to 15 members with each controlling two countries. 15 countries would be decided by current motorsport season (I plan to give 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1) points for top ten in each series with multipliers based on the series value.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Bleu wrote:I am considering starting new series, which would start in 2020. It is based on the older idea here with A1GP based around current calendar. So player controlling UK can choose Lewis Hamilton to drive but he obviously has F1 commitments over them so he cannot drive on the same weekend F1 in Montreal and A1GP somewhere else.

The series would be open to 15 members with each controlling two countries. 15 countries would be decided by current motorsport season (I plan to give 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1) points for top ten in each series with multipliers based on the series value.

I like this.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Kinnikuniverse

Questions concerning GT championship series idea

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

hello there!

first of all, I am kinnikuniverse and I just got registered after reading some of the alternate championships threads. it inspired me to develop an idea for a non-canon championship featuring my second love: GT racing.

and not just any GT championship: I've been thinking about doing a Championship for GT cars set in the 80s-early 90s using group B regulations. IRL, they did once considered doing group B road racing, and it would've been awesome to see the ferrari F40s, Porsche 959s, jaguar XJ220s and lambo countachs duking it out on the track!

however, I have a lot of questions concerning how making a series thread works.

1. what setup do people on the site usually do? I see a lot of threads where they mainly use things like engine, sponsors, chassis, grip, power, reliability, etc...is there, like, a universal template of stats to use, or I can make my own?

2. do I need a racing simulator like RFactor or Automobilista in order to simulate race results?

3. How do I calculate all the different stats? also, when a participant upgrades, say, a car's grip, how do I implement it? do I need to change the car's performance in the simulator according to the chosen stat upgrade?

4. since this is a championship for GT cars, is the chassis stat obsolete? can there be, like, works, semi-works and independent cars, engines and teams or something like that, even if it's GT cars?

is love for somebody to answer those Questions, as I am a complete noob to this sort of thing :shock: :? :?: :
Last edited by Nuppiz on 06 Nov 2019, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged two similar posts
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Hello there. Sorry to keep you waiting, as you might've noticed, things are a bit slow on this forum these days. Let's give you a rundown:

1) That depends on what you want (and, to a lesser extent, what your simulation method requires). There are "plug-and-play" games, where you just pick drivers (and maybe a type of car or engine) and then there are complex series with various factors. If you are new to running series, I'd suggest starting off small, it's always possible to add depth once you've grown more accustomed to running AI-only races.

2) Generally, those simulators are used, but they aren't necessarily necessary. It's just that sims are generally the most popular thing to use because they have an engine that gives out an actual race and usually have tools to edit them to make things quick. However, there are solely text-based simulators (such as xkoranate, which may not have the best reputation but will suffice for someone making their first steps), and with sufficient skills, you can set up an Excel file to run races for you, which can range from easy to mind-bogglingly complex (drop a private message tommykl if you want to see the pinnacle thereof). As long as there's a process involved that turns out competitive results, the method used to sim it is generally not that relevant. Just don't go full Professional Wrestling on things and make results up.

3) That's hard to answer because it completely depends on what method you use to simulate races. To give an example: I run Alternate Formula One using Grand Prix 2. Grand Prix 2 has very simple stat system in terms of teams and drivers: there is only driver grip for qualifying and race, performance variance, BHP and the likelihood of a car retiring because of technical issues. If someone orders an upgrade in Alt-F1, I increase the driver grip for qualifying and race respectively. This method can be applied in so many ways for so many different games that it's hard to answer it until you've decided on a game to run.

4) That's your choice. You can treat it like F1 where every team is a constructor building a new chassis, you can have works teams and customer teams, you can have a full customer series where everyone just buys their cars and lets it rock. I repeat my advice from 1), though: start off simple. When in doubt, start with a minor project you don't feel as passionately about to get a grip on how you want things to work and then move on to the passion project.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Klon wrote:Hello there. Sorry to keep you waiting, as you might've noticed, things are a bit slow on this forum these days. Let's give you a rundown:

1) That depends on what you want (and, to a lesser extent, what your simulation method requires). There are "plug-and-play" games, where you just pick drivers (and maybe a type of car or engine) and then there are complex series with various factors. If you are new to running series, I'd suggest starting off small, it's always possible to add depth once you've grown more accustomed to running AI-only races.

2) Generally, those simulators are used, but they aren't necessarily necessary. It's just that sims are generally the most popular thing to use because they have an engine that gives out an actual race and usually have tools to edit them to make things quick. However, there are solely text-based simulators (such as xkoranate, which may not have the best reputation but will suffice for someone making their first steps), and with sufficient skills, you can set up an Excel file to run races for you, which can range from easy to mind-bogglingly complex (drop a private message tommykl if you want to see the pinnacle thereof). As long as there's a process involved that turns out competitive results, the method used to sim it is generally not that relevant. Just don't go full Professional Wrestling on things and make results up.

3) That's hard to answer because it completely depends on what method you use to simulate races. To give an example: I run Alternate Formula One using Grand Prix 2. Grand Prix 2 has very simple stat system in terms of teams and drivers: there is only driver grip for qualifying and race, performance variance, BHP and the likelihood of a car retiring because of technical issues. If someone orders an upgrade in Alt-F1, I increase the driver grip for qualifying and race respectively. This method can be applied in so many ways for so many different games that it's hard to answer it until you've decided on a game to run.

4) That's your choice. You can treat it like F1 where every team is a constructor building a new chassis, you can have works teams and customer teams, you can have a full customer series where everyone just buys their cars and lets it rock. I repeat my advice from 1), though: start off simple. When in doubt, start with a minor project you don't feel as passionately about to get a grip on how you want things to work and then move on to the passion project.

This is good advice. Is there any way we can pin this in the PMMF topics?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

So one day I sat down and watched a flurry of old post-split CART races and thought: why don't I make a little series of mine where I turn CART into one of the most epic forms of motorsport in the world, with the best cars, drivers, engines and tracks? And what better way to do just that with starting with the turn of the new millennium, eh?

Firstly if this goes ahead,I will be doing the races with the Racing Scorinator V2.3, although there are some limitations: the scorinator doesn't support more than 30 cars, and one-car-teams as well, meaning any one-car-teams like Walker would have to form alliances with other one-car-teams as well. The series will be non-canon with real drivers, following off the real-life 1999 CART season (with some changes of course) and I will try to include engines, sponsors and team budgets as a part of my series as well.
(Oh, and Greg Moore and Gonzalo Rodriguez both survive in my TL, but not without any scratches: Moore suffered a damaged vertebrae and a concussion in his shunt and is expected to miss the first 2 races, Rodriguez the first 4 due to a minor head injury and damaged hands, which will very likely have an effect on their performances).
All teams will start off with equal budgets (more details will be revealed once the series goes off the ground.) Point will be awarded to the first 12 finishers just like in real life, with 2 points for pole and 1 point for fastest lap.
Anyway, presenting:
The 2000 FedEx CART World Series

Here are the teams:(note the butterflies)
Chip Ganassi Racing(2 cars)
Team Penske (2 cars)
Team Green(2 cars)
Patrick Racing (2 cars)
Forsythe Racing (2 cars)
Walker Racing (1 car)
Team Hogan (1 car)
PacWest Racing Enterprises (2 cars)
Team Rahal (2 cars)
Newman Haas Racing (2 cars)
Bettenhausen Racing(1 car)
Della Penna Motorsports (1 car)
Payton/Coyne Racing(2 cars)
Zakspeed-Forsythe Racing (2 cars)
All-American Racers(2 cars)
Arciero-Wells Motorsports(2 cars)
Mo Nunn Racing (2 cars)

Chassis:
Reynard 2KI
Lola B2K/00
Swift 011.a

As for engine suppliers:
Mercedes (Type IC108E)
Ford (Type XF)
Honda (Type HR-0)
Toyota (Type RVA)

And the calender:
1) Embratel Rio 200k (Jacarepagua)
2) Honda Indy Australia 300(Adelaide)
3) Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (Long Beach)
4)Miller Lite 225 (Milwaukee Mile)
5)Motorola 300(Gateway Motorsport Park)
6)Marconi Grand Prix of Cleveland (Burke Lakefront)
7) Molson Indy Vancouver (BC Place Street Circuit)
8) Grand Prix of Mont Tremblant (Mont Tremblant)
9) United States 500(Michigan Speedway)
10) Miller Lite 200(Mid Ohio)
11) Motorola 220(Road America)
12) Road Atlanta CART Challenge (Road Atlanta)
13) Honda Grand Prix of Monterey (Laguna Seca)
14) Pocono 500(Pocono Raceway)
15)Tecate Grand Prix of Mexico(Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez)
16)RAC Indy Tourist Trophy(Donington Park)
17)Toyota Indy 300(Autopolis)
18)Grand Prix of Detroit (Belle Isle Park)
19) Firestone Firehawk 600(Texas Motor Speedway)
20)Grand Prix of Vegas(Las Vegas Street Circuit)
21) Marlboro 500(Fontana Speedway)
I would certainly appreciate any feedback or potential suggestions for this series as I reckon this is one with a fair bit of potential, and if there is sufficient interest in this series then I will get the ball rolling. Thanks!
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Soungs good and I'm very interested!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Well, since I'm working from home these days, and (as anyone in the discord server can attest) I'm particularly enjoying watching old NASCAR races, I was thinking of putting together a fairly simple NASCAR series set in the 80s-90s. Simple as in, you pick a team, pick a driver(s), and go.

Would anyone be interested in a series like that, and if so, would you have any preference on what season we start with?
Everything's great.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I'm in, as long as I can hire the King.

Nah, jk, I am actually interested. But as I know little to nothing, I can't suggest which year we should start.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:I'm in, as long as I can hire the King.

Nah, jk, I am actually interested. But as I know little to nothing, I can't suggest which year we should start.

Well, if you want to have a shot at hiring King Richard I, outside of controlling Petty Enterprises, may I suggest we start in 1984? That was the first year of two where he actually left his family team, after they were caught cheating late in 1983.

That also happened to be the first season for a little-known team called Hendrick Motorsports, the first real title challenges for Richard Childress' #3 (with Dale Earnhardt) and Harry Melling's #9 (with Bill Elliott) teams, and roughly 5 or 6 potential title winning teams.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Okay, to give this a little more conceptual depth, I'm looking at roughly 15-20 user controlled teams maximum - the rest I'll manage since either they won't have the slightest hope of winning anything, or they'll go bust a year or two after the start date anyway (and I'm not terribly keen on putting the effort to keep them running for years after they're supposed to have died).

That said, I want this to be a fun series where you can do whatever, so if you really want to have fun running, say, DiGard nose-first into the ground or whatever, I won't stand in your way. Also, since I'm quite aware knowledge of 80s isn't exactly this forum's strong-suit, I'm more than willing to provide write-ups giving a bit of history and insight into each of the teams and drivers, so everyone can make an informed decision, if they so wish.

Finally, to ensure that everyone has a fair shot at getting a winning team, I'll thinking of allowing everyone to apply for, say, three teams each, and then running an RNG to determine who actually controls which team. This, opposed to just allowing it on a first-come first-serve basis.

Hopefully that sounds interesting to at least some of you out there. :)
Everything's great.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

With the ASMF forum starting to become more active for the time being following our orders to staying at home hence having more free time and such, it has come to mind that i've decided to make my first attempt after a long time to at least run a season in canon.

I have been inspired by the system used in Dom's Super Formula series so i've decided to give it a try myself, using a system called "Lights to Flag" to run.

I will of course start it as Non-Canon on the 18 Metre Debut thread with an intention to move to canon for 2020 on a best-case scenario. This way I can spend time learning the ropes on running with the system.

The proposal is still in draft form. I'll continuing working on it however any offer of help or lending a hand would be appreciated.

Non-Canon DTM 2019

Drivers:
Both real life and canon drivers can be used.

Provisional Calender:

1. Hockenheimring - 5th May
2. Nurburgring - 19th May
3. Spa Francorchamps - 9th June
4. Zandvoort - 23rd June
5. Red Bull Ring - 7th July
6. EuroSpeedway Lausitz Road Course - 25th August

Dates TBA:

Norisring
Brno Circuit
Eurospeedway Lausitz Oval????

Points scoring system
1st : 25
2nd : 18
3rd : 15
4th : 12
5th : 10
6th : 8
7th : 6
8th : 4
9th : 2
10th : 1

Qualifiying:

1st: 3
2nd: 2
3rd: 1

TEAMS:

A total of 9 teams will compete. 2 drivers per team. Teams will have a choice between Audi and BMW (See CARS section below)

I may consider Wildcard Entries for one race.

Cars:

Audi RS5 Turbo DTM 2019
BMW M4 Turbo DTM 2019
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

No British round? No Aston Martin? (Just wondering if having the extra manufacturer might help you practise with the variables a bit more?)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

dr-baker wrote:No British round? No Aston Martin? (Just wondering if having the extra manufacturer might help you practise with the variables a bit more?)

I intend to make the series more based in Germany and it's surrounding countries, however if there is support of adding in a British round, i'll consider it.

Aston Martin, as i stated already, this is only a draft so I am still considering adding in Aston too. As part of my plans to move on to canon 2020, i am looking reintroducing Mercedes to the series as the Mercedes Formula E team is yet to exist in canon which was the reason why Mercedes withdraw from DTM in real life in 2018.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Gonzalez wrote:
dr-baker wrote:No British round? No Aston Martin? (Just wondering if having the extra manufacturer might help you practise with the variables a bit more?)

I intend to make the series more based in Germany and it's surrounding countries, however if there is support of adding in a British round, i'll consider it.

Aston Martin, as i stated already, this is only a draft so I am still considering adding in Aston too. As part of my plans to move on to canon 2020, i am looking reintroducing Mercedes to the series as the Mercedes Formula E team is yet to exist in canon which was the reason why Mercedes withdraw from DTM in real life in 2018.

It's your series. Making it more Germanic makes sense, as does adding Mercedes alongside Audi and BMW.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Gonzalez wrote:

I would stick with just Germany and surrounding countries (Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, and the Czech Republic all have top-class venues that DTM would want to race at).
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

hello, guys!

hey, guess what? i'm finally figuring out how to use xkoranate and a spreadsheet! now, i can start planning my first series.

i want to do my Group B rules GT World Championship, but i'm not ready to do things like upgrades, salaries, budgets and stuff, so i think i'll do a simpler non-canon series. thing is, i don't know what i want to do! i have so many ideas in my head! i want to do a 60s sportscar series like nuppiz did with the WSRC Thread, 90s JGTC, a simplified version of my GT World Championship project, 90s F3000 (japan or international), no-split indycar, even MotoGP or superbikes! aargh, i don't know what i want to do!

can somebody help me?
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:hello, guys!

hey, guess what? i'm finally figuring out how to use xkoranate and a spreadsheet! now, i can start planning my first series.

i want to do my Group B rules GT World Championship, but i'm not ready to do things like upgrades, salaries, budgets and stuff, so i think i'll do a simpler non-canon series. thing is, i don't know what i want to do! i have so many ideas in my head! i want to do a 60s sportscar series like nuppiz did with the WSRC Thread, 90s JGTC, a simplified version of my GT World Championship project, 90s F3000 (japan or international), no-split indycar, even MotoGP or superbikes! aargh, i don't know what i want to do!

can somebody help me?

Like the early sportscars idea but you better go on a little further with ‘66-‘69 arena sort of time period otherwise it’s too similar of a thing to Nuppiz’s series.

‘90s Japanese series have been tried with mixed results between both GT & F3000 so could require users taking multiple teams if that is to work.

MotoGP/Superbikes is an interesting concept because I remember there was one attempt in that regard quite a while back, fairly popular to memory but no one has done it since the forum’s “downturn” if you will so quite an unknown factor there, could be interesting to experiment with.

Hope that’s helped at all in any way.
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:hello, guys!

can somebody help me?

Well you could use The Racing Scorinator V2.5 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing . It's a good one, though it's limited to 30 cars, and qualifying can get fairly wacko, but it's a good template for setting up racing series nonetheless.

Regarding series, Group B GTs sounds fantastic:
- Ferrari 288 GTBs alongside Audi Quattros, Ford Mustangs, Porsche 959s and silhouetted Peugeot 205s? Sign me up.

Speaking of a 60s sportscar series, how about:
-1968-1970 with CanAm, with the Ferrari 512s, Alfa 33s, McLaren M8s, Porsche 917s, Lola T70s and the like? I'll be up for that.

As for GT World Championship Series:
-Maybe you could do a series in which FIA GT1 never dies after 1999 and becomes a slugfight with Mercedes, Porsche, Panoz, Toyota, Audi, Lotus, Sintura and Nissan battling out for top honours?

As for F3000:
I would do Formula Nippon from 1998 onwards where it becomes a strong, cheaper alternative to F1, almost becoming something reminiscent of Indy, with Dallara, Reynard and Swift present, with a few trips outside Japan, and also just so I can see Tom Kristensen become a champion in this one :D

Regarding FTG-Indy:
Since my plans to make CART the master series have gone down to shite, I suppose you do it starting from 1994-1995, where Tony George plans out his mission to form the IRL. Here I would instead have TG go for a call to arms and assemble his entente of teams including Foyt, Hemelgarn, Menard, Galles and sometime down the line Kelley, Panther and Sam Schmidt Motorsports. If you start off in '94, maybe you could butterfly Ayrton's demise and get him Stateside , with Penske or Ganassi - I'll be looking forward.

As for MotoGP/Superbikes, I'm not very knowledgeable on that but I would be interested regardless. Personally I would to see a Moto2 series of some sorts, but yeah I'll take it.

And just like Winks said, there hasn't been much venturing into these with the drop in interest in recent times - just look at my NASCAR Asia-Pacific and E-GT ventures to find out, but I'm a sucker for different types of series so it would be pretty cool to see how things turn out.

Hope that helps!
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Shawn040217 wrote:

Well you could use The Racing Scorinator V2.5 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing . It's a good one, though it's limited to 30 cars, and qualifying can get fairly wacko, but it's a good template for setting up racing series nonetheless.

how do i change names and stats and such? cause everytime i use the racing scorinator, i can't edit anything.

also, im beginning to write down a spreadsheet for Group B GT Championship and for superbikes, as i feel that they would be perfect for a beginner project.

also, i dont think audi quattros would do well against true supercars...unless you meant the IMSA Quattros?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

For the Scorinator, just click File and select Make A Copy, and voilà you're ready to get going!

And as for the Audis, I meant the Audi 90 Quattros that raced in IMSA, yes
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Shawn040217 wrote:For the Scorinator, just click File and select Make A Copy, and voilà you're ready to get going!

And as for the Audis, I meant the Audi 90 Quattros that raced in IMSA, yes

thanks, pal!

now, since i will start the Group B GT series in 1986 (with the POD being that, instead of banning group B outright, The FIA decided to switch group B from rallying to circuit racing, since it's safer), i'm not gonna put the audi quattros in there, since the Circuit racing quattros from IMSA and trans am didn't appear until 2 years later. in fact, here is the list of cars i've put in the group B series so far:

-Ferrari 288 GTO
-Porsche 959
-Lamborghini countach
-Chevrolet corvette C4 GTO
-Chevrolet Camaro GTO (privateers only)
-Lotus Esprit
-Toyota Celica GTO
-BMW M1
-Ford Mustang GTO
-Ferrari BB LM (privateers only)
-Renault alpine GTA
-Mazda RX-7 GTO
-Mercedes Isdera Imperator

my plan is to go all the way to the early 90s with the group B rules, with those cars eventually being succeeded by the F40s, Jaguar XJ220s, Buggatti EB110s, lambo diablos and all kinds of supercars before BPR takes over the World sportscar championships and puts in place the GT1 and GT2 rulesets for the rest of the 90s and 00s, with F50s, Mclaren F1s, skyline GTR-R32s, toyota supras, Honda NSX and dodge vipers, with the Porsche 911 GT-1, panoz esperante and Mercedes CLK-GTR being put as sports prototypes instead, due to stricter enforcing of the production car-only rules.

what do you think?
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

also, is there anybody who knows motorcycle racing in these forums? cause i want to talk to them in order to have tips for my superbike series.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:now, since i will start the Group B GT series in 1986 (with the POD being that, instead of banning group B outright, The FIA decided to switch group B from rallying to circuit racing, since it's safer), i'm not gonna put the audi quattros in there, since the Circuit racing quattros from IMSA and trans am didn't appear until 2 years later. in fact, here is the list of cars i've put in the group B series so far:

-Ferrari 288 GTO
-Porsche 959
-Lamborghini countach
-Chevrolet corvette C4 GTO
-Chevrolet Camaro GTO (privateers only)
-Lotus Esprit
-Toyota Celica GTO
-BMW M1
-Ford Mustang GTO
-Ferrari BB LM (privateers only)
-Renault alpine GTA
-Mazda RX-7 GTO
-Mercedes Isdera Imperator

my plan is to go all the way to the early 90s with the group B rules, with those cars eventually being succeeded by the F40s, Jaguar XJ220s, Buggatti EB110s, lambo diablos and all kinds of supercars before BPR takes over the World sportscar championships and puts in place the GT1 and GT2 rulesets for the rest of the 90s and 00s, with F50s, Mclaren F1s, skyline GTR-R32s, toyota supras, Honda NSX and dodge vipers, with the Porsche 911 GT-1, panoz esperante and Mercedes CLK-GTR being put as sports prototypes instead, due to stricter enforcing of the production car-only rules.

what do you think?

Looks like a pretty good plan to me! I’m up for it!
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Werent the F40 and XJ220 developed to be full-on group B cars until Group B circuit racing was also banned because the 959 was the only competitor at that point? Not that it matters much if you're going to include them anyway. But i feel should be included at the planned time of racing (late eighties), not wait until the BPR rules.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

This wrote:Werent the F40 and XJ220 developed to be full-on group B cars until Group B circuit racing was also banned because the 959 was the only competitor at that point? Not that it matters much if you're going to include them anyway. But i feel should be included at the planned time of racing (late eighties), not wait until the BPR rules.

the F40 and XJ220 will appear at the end of the 80s. the F40 was released in 1988, while the XJ220 was intended to be released in around that same timeframe, instead of its actual release year of 1992 in real life. i plan it to be released in 1989 as jaguar's answer to the 959 and F40.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

so here is the spreadsheet for the Group B GT Series i'm making. it's still very much a work in progress:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

so yeah, i can't help but feel the number of cars available is a bit high. do you think i should reduce the number of cars available? and should i put in other things, like tires, drivers list, etc...?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:so here is the spreadsheet for the Group B GT Series i'm making. it's still very much a work in progress:

so yeah, i can't help but feel the number of cars available is a bit high. do you think i should reduce the number of cars available? and should i put in other things, like tires, drivers list, etc...?

Well I'm unable to view it, but heck yeah get in a driver list and tyre suppliers I suppose. Maybe I would reduce the entry list to about 26 cars a race.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Shawn040217 wrote:
Kinnikuniverse wrote:so here is the spreadsheet for the Group B GT Series i'm making. it's still very much a work in progress:

Well I'm unable to view it, but heck yeah get in a driver list and tyre suppliers I suppose. Maybe I would reduce the entry list to about 26 cars a race.

you can't see it? how can i make my spreadsheet available to view by anyone?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:
Shawn040217 wrote:

you can't see it? how can i make my spreadsheet available to view by anyone?

This should help out I guess:

https://www.appypie.com/faqs/how-can-i- ... ent-public
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

and here is the spreadsheet i made for my 2003 alternate world superbike championship series. also a wirk in progress, but closer to the finished product:

to be honest, the superbike series is the one i want to do the most. both because i'm puttin alot more time and effort into this, and also because nobody has done any motorcycle racing Series in these forums (At least, to my knowledge), so i have a bonus for originality. whether or not this will attract people to participate, however, is something that i worry about...
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:and here is the spreadsheet i made for my 2003 alternate world superbike championship series. also a wirk in progress, but closer to the finished product:

to be honest, the superbike series is the one i want to do the most. both because i'm puttin alot more time and effort into this, and also because nobody has done any motorcycle racing Series in these forums (At least, to my knowledge), so i have a bonus for originality. whether or not this will attract people to participate, however, is something that i worry about...

I'm actually kinda up for this. So will you be simming the races via spreadsheet or what?
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Shawn040217 wrote:
Kinnikuniverse wrote:and here is the spreadsheet i made for my 2003 alternate world superbike championship series. also a wirk in progress, but closer to the finished product:

I'm actually kinda up for this. So will you be simming the races via spreadsheet or what?

I want to familiarise myself with both xkorinate and the racing scorinator first to see which system is best for superbikes. Besides, i still have some details to work out, such as number of entries per race, thread rules, team stats, should i use a budget system or tokens or car (or bike, in that case) points, ETC...
ShaneEyoho

Post by ShaneEyoho »

This question has probably been asked alot but: What is the best scorinator/game/software to use when it comes to playing out your own race series, I've been running some tests on xkoranate and whilst those races have been ok I feel like there could be more, I played Grand Prix 2 on an emulator the other day and liked that so I downloaded it but it then wasnt compatible with my Windows 10 PC. So does anyone have any recommendations on what I could use when it comes to playing out my own racing series?