Reject car back on track

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Pieman

Reject car back on track

Post by Pieman »

Just been reading an Autosport from a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that the infamous Amon AF101 has resurfaced competing in the Grand Prix Masters series, with noted historic racer Simon Hadfield taking a class win at Donington.

Apologies if it's been racing for a while and this is old news, but I've only just noticed it. Could this be added to the bottom of the team's profile on here?
Forza Forti
f1-gast

Re: Reject car back on track

Post by f1-gast »

Wauw the Amon actually won a Race !!!
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Well it won its class, so that counts I suppose! The race was won overall by an Arrows A3.
Forza Forti
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Too late to get a shot of it, but a Maki (of all things) was in a classic race around Brands a few years ago, what used to be the Thoroughbread GP series, I believe its Grand Prix Masters now.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

well at spa last weekend a saw the token and trojan battling for position, very nice to see them together 8-) and further on the road the amon, and other reject cars like a 1981 osella, 1983 ligier, 1976 wolf williams
the trojan, token and amon all retired for some reason i don't know
and in an another race the famous scarab car, actually battling for the win against lotus' and coopers!
but i should go to the F1 museum in stavelot one day, i've seen from pictures there's a maki (maybe the same one you saw racing) and a kauhsen prototype of all cars!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Pieman wrote:Simon Hadfield

I read that as Simon Heidfeld
I like the way Snrub thinks!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:well at spa last weekend a saw the token and trojan battling for position, very nice to see them together 8-) and further on the road the amon, and other reject cars like a 1981 osella, 1983 ligier, 1976 wolf williams
the trojan, token and amon all retired for some reason i don't know
and in an another race the famous scarab car, actually battling for the win against lotus' and coopers!
but i should go to the F1 museum in stavelot one day, i've seen from pictures there's a maki (maybe the same one you saw racing) and a kauhsen prototype of all cars!

What he said, only the Amon, Token and Trojan all finished, and yes, the museum even has TWO Makis and a Kauhsen (and a Talbot-Lago, a 2001 Arrows,...). The Scarab finished top of it's class (front-engined cars), and 5th.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

well they did not on saturday, you know where i can find the results? can only find the 2009 results, and i find nothing on the hopelessly poor translated dutch version of the official francorchamps website :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I haven't looked yet, but try www.roadbook.be.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?