Ponderbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Re: Ponderbox

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Wouldn't it be hilarious if HRT got 10th in the constructors' championship (with a 10th place for Chandhok)...

Fixed.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:Wouldn't it be hilarious if HRT got 10th in the constructors' championship (with a 10th place for Lavaggi)...

Fixed.

That's better :mrgreen:
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:Wouldn't it be hilarious if HRT got 10th in the constructors' championship (with a 10th place for Chandhok)...

Fixed.

That wouldn't be hilarious, that would be deserved.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

watka wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Fixed.

That wouldn't be hilarious, that would be deserved.

Watka, they already are 10th in the standings, Chandhok has managed to finish higher than both Glock and De Grassi in 2 races (14th), I will repeat this fact ad nauseum.

CHANHDOK is the reason HRT will finish higher than Virgin.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

ADx_Wales wrote:Watka, they already are 10th in the standings, Chandhok has managed to finish higher than both Glock and De Grassi in 2 races (14th), I will repeat this fact ad nauseum.

In fact, after today, I am tempted to say that di Grassi is the reason HRT may finish ahead of Virgin.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

ADx_Wales wrote:
Watka, they already are 10th in the standings, Chandhok has managed to finish higher than both Glock and De Grassi in 2 races (14th), I will repeat this fact ad nauseum.

11th you mean, lotus is 10th
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Ah, thats where my head goes back into its little zone called "stop thinking"
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

If Mclaren had the Renault RS5 V10 in 1993, would Senna have beat Prost and Hill? I think the customer Ford V8 might have been the only thing holding Senna back from dominance.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

McLaren were going to have the Renault engine in 1993, Prost did what Senna did when Lotus were going to sign Warwick, Senna was livid enough to rant about it in one of the 1992 top-three post-race interviews.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

F1000X wrote:If Mclaren had the Renault RS5 V10 in 1993, would Senna have beat Prost and Hill? I think the customer Ford V8 might have been the only thing holding Senna back from dominance.

Not exactly. The Williams package would still be better than McLaren's because of how good the gadgets in the Williams were. But Prost would have had a really hard time beating Senna indeed, if so, and maybe, MAYBE, Michael Andretti would have performed well, even beating Damon Hill to a pulp.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

ADx_Wales wrote:McLaren were going to have the Renault engine in 1993, Prost did what Senna did when Lotus were going to sign Warwick, Senna was livid enough to rant about it in one of the 1992 top-three post-race interviews.

Please explain. He was angry he was GOING to have Renault engine?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

F1000X wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:McLaren were going to have the Renault engine in 1993, Prost did what Senna did when Lotus were going to sign Warwick, Senna was livid enough to rant about it in one of the 1992 top-three post-race interviews.

I don't remember the episode, but I think what ADx means is that Prost somehow intervened against the McLaren-Renault partnership, causing Senna to lose his temper.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
F1000X wrote:

I don't remember the episode, but I think what ADx means is that Prost somehow intervened against the McLaren-Renault partnership, causing Senna to lose his temper.

Oh. Yeah, I'd be upset about that too. If anyone has a video of Senna going crazy, let me know.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

F1000X wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
F1000X wrote:quote="ADx_Wales" McLaren were going to have the Renault engine in 1993, Prost did what Senna did when Lotus were going to sign Warwick, Senna was livid enough to rant about it in one of the 1992 top-three post-race interviews./quote

Oh. Yeah, I'd be upset about that too. If anyone has a video of Senna going crazy, let me know.

Senna rage is something I want to see, because I'd love to see him impersonate AJ Foyt. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Nothing crazy, it's just Senna calling Prost a coward. And Renault was never genuinely interested in supplying McLaren, it was just that Prost vetoed him in Williams.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I wonder if Enzo would of sacked Michael if he had been around in '97, in fact would Enzo of signed Michael in the first place?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

WeirdKerr wrote:I wonder if Enzo would of sacked Michael if he had been around in '97, in fact would Enzo of signed Michael in the first place?

No. He would have signed Jacques Villeneuve instead, I believe.
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

Phoenix wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:I wonder if Enzo would of sacked Michael if he had been around in '97, in fact would Enzo of signed Michael in the first place?

exactly my thoughts.....
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

exactly my thoughts.....

Wow, Senna and Villeneuve together in a 1996 Ferrari?? That would be something to see :)
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

According to Roebuck, It would have been Senna and Villeneuve at McLaren in 1988.

Gilles was set to join McLaren for 5 years as of 1983
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ADx_Wales wrote:According to Roebuck, It would have been Senna and Villeneuve at McLaren in 1988.

Gilles was set to join McLaren for 5 years as of 1983

Everybody guess that Senna would have end up moving to Ferrari to end his career in 1995 or 1996 :)
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I wonder how Gilles got thrown out of his car anyways.... was the seatbelt faulty?

"I blame society." -Everyone, basically
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Wasn't the whole seat ejected?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WeirdKerr wrote:I wonder if Enzo would HAVE sacked Michael if he had been around in '97, in fact would Enzo HAVE signed Michael in the first place?

Sorry, but had to fix that. That is one bit of grammer that really gets to me.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

Myrvold wrote:Wasn't the whole seat ejected?

Pretty much - due to the speed he was doing (Villeneuve would have been doing at least about 120mph, probably more), the car was shattered as it cartwheeled across the grass, and I believe that the seat was torn free during the crash. It shows how frail the cars of the time were in comparison to today (compare Kubica's accident at Canada, where again a the car shattered as it cartwheeled, but Kubica was almost uninjured - mildly concussed, and with a sprained ankle, but otherwise ok).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

You know what?

If Hispania make it to the grid next year with Toyota gear which turns out to be half decent Virgin and Toro Rosso will be in a whole world of trouble with the Red Bull C team (aka Lotus) more likely than not making real gains next season.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:You know what?

If Hispania make it to the grid next year with Toyota gear which turns out to be half decent Virgin and Toro Rosso will be in a whole world of trouble with the Red Bull C team (aka Lotus) more likely than not making real gains next season.

I agree, I was thinking that myself though I reckon that the field spread will be significantly smaller next year, so that if HRT are able to make gains with the decent Toyota parts, themselves, Lotus, Virgin, Toro Rosso and Force India will make an almighty scrap at the back of the grid, with Sauber and Williams occasionally challenging Mercedes and Renualt for the upper midfield and Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren continuing to dominate the front.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I wonder how everyone will react when Vettel moves aside to give Webber the championship in Abu Dhabi...
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I wonder how different F1 would be had Bertrand Gachot not assaulted that taxi driver.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

redbulljack14 wrote:I wonder how different F1 would be had Bertrand Gachot not assaulted that taxi driver.

:lol: easy.... Gachot would of had a blinder of a Belgian grand prix then Ford would move him to Benneton in a straight swap with Roberto Moreno

the rest, as they say is a mystery.......
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

redbulljack14 wrote:I wonder how different F1 would be had Bertrand Gachot not assaulted that taxi driver.

Firstly, Gachot never assaulted the taxi driver. The taxi driver wanted to break his face in two, and he defended himself by using some sort of tear gas spray, which was a weapon forbidden in the UK (hence his jail sentence, even though he only tried to self defence by stunning the cabman). Secondly, I'm sure Schumacher would have carved his fay into F1 anyway (probably with Sauber in 1993) and the story would have been pretty much the same but with some delay (Damon Hill 1994 and maybe 1995 WC).
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Phoenix wrote:

Firstly, Gachot never assaulted the taxi driver. The taxi driver wanted to break his face in two, and he defended himself by using some sort of tear gas spray, which was a weapon forbidden in the UK (hence his jail sentence, even though he only tried to self defence by stunning the cabman). Secondly, I'm sure Schumacher would have carved his fay into F1 anyway (probably with Sauber in 1993) and the story would have been pretty much the same but with some delay (Damon Hill 1994 and maybe 1995 WC).

truth about the whole story is actually more complicated, as i have seen in a report about schumachers debut on belgian tv.
well what happened with the taxi driver is exactly what you wrote down there but there's more to the story.
It's actually that eddie jordan wanted desperately to get out gachot in the first place, firstly because they couldn't get on very well, secondly because jordan were tighter on budget than most people realise, and that incident came in very handy. The reportage you hear both speak, and you got the feeling eddie is talking a lot of bullshit (surprise surprise) Although gachot is surely a bit of a drama queen, it's a fact that jordan didn't do any effort to make sure gachot could race, as gachot proves that jordan could have easily made sure he wouldn't have to go to jail, or at least not during that GP, i can't remember how he explained it, but it made sence.
How different gachot's career would be? well, he would still be driving a pacific in 1994, because after all, he really was an impossible driver to work with, and rumoured to be the most lazy driver F1 has ever known.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I always wonder what would have happened if Eddie Irvine had had a little bit more brain during the 1st start of the 1994 Italian GP and not taken out both Lotuses with the 109 chassis, or actually what had happened if the Lotus team scored any points at that race, thus reaching the top 10 constructors and earning economical help for 1995...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

they would last a couple more seasons, but would probably be gone by 2000 and pacific wouldn't last the whole 1995, which would make things slightly better for forti
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

This is the first season where I've genuinely lost count of how many rounds there were.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

And once again, my insanity is at work:

What if one was to made a reality show which would be looking for the next F1 breakout star?
I mean, we could have six or eight video game racers (obviously not of the fat worthless neckbeard kind - and I am allowed to insult them like that, I am one myself :mrgreen: ) and have them duke it out in challenges like race strategy, PR work, technical feedback and so on ... . The actual driving could be done by taking some old F1 cars, modifiying them a bit to not be too far away from the rules. Then a combination of viewer's votes and opinions of three "experts" chooses the winner who recieves a 5 million $ sponsorship package which would certainly give him (or her?) five races with HRT.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:And once again, my insanity is at work:

What if one was to made a reality show which would be looking for the next F1 breakout star?
I mean, we could have six or eight video game racers (obviously not of the fat worthless neckbeard kind - and I am allowed to insult them like that, I am one myself :mrgreen: ) and have them duke it out in challenges like race strategy, PR work, technical feedback and so on ... . The actual driving could be done by taking some old F1 cars, modifiying them a bit to not be too far away from the rules. Then a combination of viewer's votes and opinions of three "experts" chooses the winner who recieves a 5 million $ sponsorship package which would certainly give him (or her?) five races with HRT.

Yes, this is awesome, you're awesome, somebody make this show already.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

A reality show worth watching, never thought i'd see the day.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

redbulljack14 wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

A reality show worth watching, never thought i'd see the day.

I'm all for it but I probably won't make it to the final 8 :cry:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

How long until the first Dubai Grand Prix?
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.