We have an interview with Johnny Carwash!

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
minrdi

We have an interview with Johnny Carwash!

Post by minrdi »

Hello everyone,

I take great delight in informing you - a this is an exclusive advanced notice! - that I have just completed an interview with the man who is no doubt one of the most famous rejects of all: Giovanni Lavaggi!

We're in the throes of formatting it all now and trying to source pictures for the interview, and we anticipate the entire thing will be published in the days following the Italian Grand Prix, which is perhaps most appropriate.

Giovanni has given us the most brilliant interview and was extremely accommodating given his English is not the best. He answered everything for us extremely cvandidly: that overtaking move by Villeneuve on Schumacher at Portugal in 1996 in which he was involved; nearly catching fire as climbed out of the car; and what he thinks of the nickname 'Johnny Carwash'.

It's a cracker and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. I'll let you know when it's published; you will be the first to know!

Meanwhile, we have a host of interviews already published, including the the likes of other Rejects such as Allen Berg, Allan McNish, Marco Apicella, David Hobbs and Hideki Noda; current drivers such as Bruno Senna, Sakon Yamamoto, Karun Chandhok and Christian Klien, and former champions Alan Jones and Mario Andretti - all can be viewed here: http://richardsf1.com/category/exclusive-interviews/

Take care and I'll write again soon!
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
Phoenix

Re: We have an interview with Johnny Carwash!

Post by Phoenix »

Sublime.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Lavaggi is just a freat guy. If you ask something he just answers it.
He gives you also the info etc just great =)
Not like the most drivers, that act like robots.
Since i contacted him, i got a good contact with him, every month we email sometimes =)

Can't wait to read the interview !
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Waris

Post by Waris »

Oh, silly me, I thought you'd uploaded it already. Guess I'll have to wait a week :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Waris wrote:Oh, silly me, I thought you'd uploaded it already. Guess I'll have to wait a week :lol:

Same here, I clicked on the link not reading the description. I was too busy think MUST READ JOHNNY CARWASH INTERVIEW!!!
I like the way Snrub thinks!
minrdi

Post by minrdi »

As a quick update, the interview will be published on the site tomorrow evening Australian time (about 24 hours from now).

I'll keep you posted as soon as it goes live.

In the interim, we have successfully secured more ex-driver interviews, I'll let you know who we'll be publishing next soon.

Take care everyone!

Richard
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
minrdi

Post by minrdi »

Hello everyone,

My interview with Giovanni Lavaggi is finally online and can be viewed at this link:
http://richardsf1.com/category/exclusive-interviews/giovanni-lavaggi/

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed putting it together - please post your comments and questions.

Cheers,
Richard

Editor, Richard's F1
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I enjoyed reading that interview, thanks. Particularly the origin of his nickname of Johnny Carwash! Definately better than Johnny Lasagne!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Great interview minrdi! Thank you very much for posting this!
Giovanni Lavaggi is a top bloke. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the 2008 Le Mans Series race at Spa, where I got him to sign a load of things for me. He was extremely polite, courteous and even interested in the stuff that I had. I was competing against him and not only did he wish my team and I good luck for the race, he stopped by at the end of the race to have a chat. Really great and genuine guy, and one of the nicest drivers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
Again, thank you so much for posting this.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Giovanni Lavaggi, what a man! Would have he been able to achieve even podiums in the right car?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I didn't realise he was that successful in sports cars. Horses for courses I suppose.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you for conducting this interview. It's been a pleasure to read.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

A truly great interview, seems like Mr Lavaggi is a very likeable chap :)
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Great interview, we all learn about Giovanni Lavaggi other than the 'desperately slow' side of him that we know.
I like the way Snrub thinks!