AMR-Tyrrell 1998 (Year 1 of the Ten Year Plan)

Archive for the three above subforums
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

AMR-Tyrrell 1998 (Year 1 of the Ten Year Plan)

Post by ADx_Wales »

Disclaimer: Fictional

E-mails sent out to fans who registered on the AMR-Tyrrell Mailing list:

Hello <subscriber's name>, this is the first of many e-mails documenting the actions of the AMR-Tyrrell racing team during the 1998 season.

Launcing the car in front of so many at the Autosport International show in the new year was a hoot and I hope many of you were there because you were so positive about this outsider buying one of the classic teams, and I hope to do the records set by Ken Tyrrell and Sir Jackie Stewart justice, indeed the 3 time world knight of the realm was rather pleasant in his comments about the takeover aswell, and look to be having a friendly rivalry with his team during this season, while the one at the front may not be so friendly.

McLaren look very good, as do Ferrari, however I dont think Jacques Villeneuve is going to be performing as he did last year, His team are without serious factory backing for the first time since the early 80s, and it would be a shame if this was the point where it all went downhill for Williams.

As for his combatant last year, rightfully put in his place after the events of Jerez, is going to be in his last year at Ferrari, and if I can put my nuts on the line here, could end up signing him for 1999, indeed it looks like a glut of drivers will be out of their teams at the end of this season, the world is indeed my oyster, but lets not get too careless with words, back to seriousness.

Tora Takagi and Riccardo Rosset bring in much needed fiscal steroids, even with Takagi-san PIAA will be emblazoned on the sidepods and the rear wing, Rosset has managed to plug Safra into the piggybank aswell, without that backing the Ford engine would not be in the back of the car, nor would Goodyear tyres be keeping the car off the ground.

Looking to the future and plans for a new factory have been looked at, approved, and building starts as soon as possible, and hopefully will be ready by the start of NEXT season, but will have no real effect on future developments until 2000, which should be the year when the team should be taken seriously, Mike Gascoyne will be designing the cars and with a new factory at his disposal could be the "next Gordon Murray".

If there are some of you in Melbourne, dont be afraid to say hello if I'm walking around behind the garages, of course I'm going to be there, along with everyone else from AMR-Tyrrell who cannot wait to see the lights go out, the drivers are ready, the mechanics and engineers are raring to get their mits onto the machines should any difficulties arise, and more importantly, and unfortunately everybody else is ready, shame really, we'd be getting a 1-2 otherwise.

Aaron-Mitchell Ross
AMR-Tyrrell
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Re: AMR-Tyrrell 1998 (Year 1 of the Ten Year Plan)

Post by ADx_Wales »

Testing Times

Aaron-Mitchell Ross felt the full force of media opinion at Sandown Park, Melbourne, a week before the Australian GP, AMR-Tyrrell managed to gain clearance to do a full-day's testing around the Australian Touring Car course in preparation for the big day, however certain media sources came down heavy on the American owner, suggesting he had bribed certain members of the racing organisations in charge of F1.

The FIA are understood to investigate AMR-Tyrrell's entire test, despite the governing body sending several scrutineers to the test itself.

Riccardo Rosset, Tora Takagi and test driver Andrea Montermini managed to put 370 miles into each car, and Aaron-Mitchell Ross was able to finance movement of the entire AMR-Tyrrell operation to Melbourne, who will also venture to Brazil, then Argentina in the following two flyaway rounds.

Ron Dennis of McLaren has understood the decision made by Mr Ross and the UK based team, as have the other teams located around the Silverstone area, there has been no comment from Ferrari as this report was going to press.

Aaron-Mitchell Ross responded to media comments with a rather bitter response and in a self-riteous manner said
"Why test the car with everyone else in Silverstone or Spain, long before the big kick off, but when we can acclimatize before the GP and with knowledge of the car fresh in our minds for the Grand Prix itself, we dont have the technological prowess of Ferrari or McLaren, so why do things 'their way'?".
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989