The Junior Series Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
golic_2004

Re: The GP2/GP3 Thread

Post by golic_2004 »

tristan1117 wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:just a quick question are the GP2/3 races broadcast in the uk, if so which channel?

Does anyone know if GP3 races will be broadcasted in the US? I know GP2 races are showed on delay on Sunday mornings but I don't know where I can find GP3. SPEED does have an online streaming channel called SPEED2 where they show everything from Auto GP to V8s but I don't know if they'll be running GP3.

It does not look like it. Sucks. I wanna see who'd do better in the "catfight" between Carmen Jorda and Vicky Piria.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

For some reason I think that someone will do something really rejectful in the next GP2 race.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

tristan1117 wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:just a quick question are the GP2/3 races broadcast in the uk, if so which channel?

Does anyone know if GP3 races will be broadcasted in the US? I know GP2 races are showed on delay on Sunday mornings but I don't know where I can find GP3. SPEED does have an online streaming channel called SPEED2 where they show everything from Auto GP to V8s but I don't know if they'll be running GP3.

Speed2? When did this happen? Is it in HD? Does it have commentary?
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

eurobrun wrote:For some reason I think that someone will do something really rejectful in the next GP2 race.

Given that it's Bahrain it's probable that the race itself will be rejectful and get cancelled, or just very dull. Rest assured, Giancarlo Serenelli will spend the race driving very slowly.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
RonDenisDeletraz

Backmarker wrote:
eurobrun wrote:For some reason I think that someone will do something really rejectful in the next GP2 race.

Given that it's Bahrain it's probable that the race itself will be rejectful and get cancelled, or just very dull. Rest assured, Giancarlo Serenelli will spend the race driving very slowly.

Giancarlo Serenelli is just really slow and I can imagine him doing something Deletrazianly rejectful when he gets lapped
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Maybe Teixeira will resurrect his special brand of overtaking.
The Iceman Waiteth
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Backmarker wrote:Maybe Teixeira will resurrect his special brand of overtaking.

AIE AIE AIE !!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Although it will be the first time that she and Josh Hill will not be competing in the same championship together, I believe. Josh will be competing in the Renault Eurocup this year.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

That means GP3 will have three women racing. Should be interesting.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Henrique wrote:

Question is: how many of the three will be GP3 rejects by the end of the year? Who, if any, will unrejectify themselves first?
MCard LOLA
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I'm very curious how this guy will perform. He must be the first Cypriot in... well, singleseaters :D
He has some experience in lower formulae, and it's fair to say that - for a guy that comes from a country with nearly no motorsport history (well, except Rally of Cyprus) - he is very promising. I am a declared fan :D

dr-baker wrote:Question is: how many of the three will be GP3 rejects by the end of the year? Who, if any, will unrejectify themselves first?

All three, methinks - but if any, then Alice Powell will unrejectify herself first :)
Last edited by Pointrox on 17 Apr 2012, 15:32, edited 2 times in total.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

dr-baker wrote:
Henrique wrote:

Question is: how many of the three will be GP3 rejects by the end of the year? Who, if any, will unrejectify themselves first?

Probably Alice Powell, she's the least hopeless and has actually won Formula Renault BARC (okay it's not the best series, but you can only beat what's in front of you). She was also one of the youngest drivers when she did so.

This weekend GP2 gets to go to Bahrain (lucky things) - who do you fancy to win? I'm going to say Valsecchi for the feature race, Gutierrez for the sprint.
The Iceman Waiteth
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Backmarker wrote:
This weekend GP2 gets to go to Bahrain (lucky things) - who do you fancy to win? I'm going to say Valsecchi for the feature race, Gutierrez for the sprint.

GP2 is so "lucky" they get a double dose of Bahrain, for reasons alien to me other then a cash out, GP2 will race in Bahrain a week after on the same lay out.
Message me on Discord.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Clos to race for Addax at Bahrain.

Poor sod. Should have called in sick for the week or something :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:Clos to race for Addax at Bahrain.

Poor sod. Should have called in sick for the week or something :lol:

I wonder why Kral isn't racing.

Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Shadaza wrote:
Backmarker wrote:

GP2 is so "lucky" they get a double dose of Bahrain, for reasons alien to me other then a cash out, GP2 will race in Bahrain a week after on the same lay out.

Indeed - and in a week's time, F1 and all the security laid on for them will have cleared out. I wouldn't fancy being in Bahrain on my own. I think the double header is to make it more cost effective for the teams to travel to and from Bahrain. But maybe they should have done two rounds at Sepang if they're desperate to double up somewhere.
The Iceman Waiteth
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

On twitter Brendon Hartley says he's flying out somewhere to take part in a race this weekend. Could it be GP2? Or just Porsche Supercup?

EDIT: He's just tweeted that he's landed in Bahrain and will be getting a seat fitted - makes it seem like it will be GP2! Still no idea which team though.

EDIT2: Confirmed that he's replacing Jon Lancaster at Ocean.
The Iceman Waiteth
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Are drivers skipping Bahrain on safety grounds? First Josef Kral and now Jon Lancaster don't turn up with no reason given for either, very strange.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

kostas22 wrote:Are drivers skipping Bahrain on safety grounds? First Josef Kral and now Jon Lancaster don't turn up with no reason given for either, very strange.

I don't blame them for being concerned. Their security won't be as big as the security round F1.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

kostas22 wrote:Are drivers skipping Bahrain on safety grounds? First Josef Kral and now Jon Lancaster don't turn up with no reason given for either, very strange.

I don't think that's what's happening. It seems that Lancaster flew out to Bahrain with Ocean, so he either fell ill while out there (which seems likely given the timing of this) or he's out of money. Again. Kral I think is Agag playing musical chairs after a disappointing Sepang; Kral was under pressure to perform as Barwa Addax claim they nearly agreed a deal with Valsecchi, but instead ended up with Kral, so he needed to show something to keep his drive. One race doesn't seem long enough, however, so he's been hard done by if that's the case.

EDIT: He's out of money. Autosport
The Iceman Waiteth
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Just curious but why are there two rounds in Bahrain one right after another? (This would have been weird enough even if it was in a place like Montreal or Spa-Francorchamps)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Just curious but why are there two rounds in Bahrain one right after another? (This would have been weird enough even if it was in a place like Montreal or Spa-Francorchamps)

To make it more economical for the teams to travel to Bahrain. I would have preferred they'd saved money by having two races in Malaysia though.
The Iceman Waiteth
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Backmarker wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:Just curious but why are there two rounds in Bahrain one right after another? (This would have been weird enough even if it was in a place like Montreal or Spa-Francorchamps)

To make it more economical for the teams to travel to Bahrain. I would have preferred they'd saved money by having two races in Malaysia though.

Then again, why have two races in Bahrain to begin with?? :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

Surprisingly enough, that first race was very exciting and had a lot of overtaking and close battling from start to finish, and I don't see why the sprint race (or the races next week) would be any different.

If the GP tomorrow manages to be anywhere near this exciting it'll ahahaha I can't even finish this sentence with a straight face.
We see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

I am not "The Passenger" from Autosport's forum
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I think it was Coletti who had a bit of a Rosset moment. He and van der Garde both spun, vdG got going again and Coletti kept the engine running, and whilst he turned right way he tapped the barrier and took the front wing off a bit...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

It did look like the front wheels got stuck when he came on the gravel. Front wing digging maybe.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Myrvold wrote:It did look like the front wheels got stuck when he came on the gravel. Front wing digging maybe.

I thought he broke a steering arm or something.

What about the Nasr/Cecotto incident though? I mean, it was building up for several laps considering that group of cars were all over the shot before the safety car
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Sprint race was very exciting - Valsecchi went from 8th to 1st, taking the lead on the last lap! If you get a chance to watch highlights somehow, do.
The Iceman Waiteth
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

What on earth is Serenelli for exactly? He's absolutely useless...

Not a great race today but the top 3 were pretty dominant.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:What on earth is Serenelli for exactly? He's absolutely useless...

Considering how great the Bahrain races were it was dull.

Alice Powell's GP3 debut lasted less then 2 corners.
Message me on Discord.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Van der Garde drove very well, and Caterham got the strategy just right. But not too surprising to see Catalunya producing a dull race.

Mitch Evans is the winner in GP3, I've got him down to take the title too.
The Iceman Waiteth
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Shadaza wrote:Alice Powell's GP3 debut lasted less then 2 corners.

Meanwhile, she is doing somewhat better in the 2015 Bathurst 24 Hours! ;)
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:

...I know we run races in the future on the PMcC forum, but not that far into the future... unless you know something I don't, which would be bending the laws of space and time?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

...I know we run races in the future on the PMcC forum, but not that far into the future... unless you know something I don't, which would be bending the laws of space and time?

Ohhhh, it's 2014, isn't it? :oops: But I'm sure she can't do worse in the 2015 edition than she did in today's GP3 race. ;)
MCard LOLA
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Massively impressed by Tio Ellinas after that race. He got a grid penalty, then clawed back seven positions in sixteen laps. Likewise Visoiu; he recovered six places.

They also happen to be filling out the front row for the second race today.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
RonDenisDeletraz

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:What on earth is Serenelli for exactly? He's absolutely useless...

Serenelli has money. That is all.

Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Visoiu, my man! Good result for him.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Both Finns on podium in GP3, I'm happy! Connor Daly also won the sprint race, there's one for the short list of American drivers who have a chance of getting into F1 in the next few years.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Nuppiz wrote: Connor Daly also won the sprint race, there's one for the short list of American drivers who have a chance of getting into F1 in the next few years.

Also as close as I can hope for an Irishman.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.