Searching for a logo

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Re: Searching for a logo

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

mediocre wrote:we discussed a lot about it and we both have no idea. Neither do about 100 other people I asked

We should ask HWNSNBM: he knows everything, so he has to know! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:What happened to the original Simteks? Are there any in a museum somewhere which one of us could go to visit to check it out? (If a Simtek is on display anywhere in Britain this summer, I may be able to go and check it out...)

Is there one at the Grand Prix collection at Donnington? I've been meaning to go there for ages now as I'm only about half an hour from there at uni, so I was thinking of combining a visit there with a Touring Car round or something similar.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:What happened to the original Simteks? Are there any in a museum somewhere which one of us could go to visit to check it out? (If a Simtek is on display anywhere in Britain this summer, I may be able to go and check it out...)

Is there one at the Grand Prix collection at Donnington? I've been meaning to go there for ages now as I'm only about half an hour from there at uni, so I was thinking of combining a visit there with a Touring Car round or something similar.

I can't confirm that one way or the other, but if there is, I would love to go! Particularly on a race weekend...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

I can't confirm that one way or the other, but if there is, I would love to go! Particularly on a race weekend...

I should be going in April when the BTCC visit, it's £25 advance for the Sunday which is pretty good, I think there's 11 races in total on the day so I'm not sure when I'll squeeze a visit to the museum in! Hopefully the other half finds it remotely interesting! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:I should be going in April when the BTCC visit, it's £25 advance for the Sunday which is pretty good, I think there's 11 races in total on the day so I'm not sure when I'll squeeze a visit to the museum in! Hopefully the other half finds it remotely interesting! :lol:

April is a busy month for me - holidays, uni assignments and exam revision! But maybe over the summer I might find the time...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I done some research. I cant see the sponsor on end place, its like wheel of fortune or so.

We got POCOS, ROCES, EAST, FOCUS, SASTINA POCOS, MASTRANA FOODS etc.

But It might be Roccobarocco, which sponsored the team in 1995. They are a fashion mob from Italy.

Thats my go anyway!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

David AGS wrote:I done some research. I cant see the sponsor on end place, its like wheel of fortune or so.

But It might be Roccobarocco, which sponsored the team in 1995. They are a fashion mob from Italy.

Thats my go anyway!

But Roccobarocco is just one word, not two, and this is its logo:

Nothing who seems a German flag, so... :?

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

David AGS wrote:I done some research. I cant see the sponsor on end place, its like wheel of fortune or so.

Thats my go anyway!

It's not Roces for sure. They're an Italian company, they sponsored Forti, and their logo looks nothing like that. I don't have any better suggestions though unfortunately :(
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I have seen that RB is their logo, but on the autocourse books I have from 1995, the roccobarocco is one word without the RB.

Like this picture (from our mother site shows). The logo beside the cockpit

http://www.f1rejects.com/drivers/schiat ... naco-1.jpg

Saying all that, I dont know how the German flag is involved
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

David AGS wrote:I have seen that RB is their logo, but on the autocourse books I have from 1995, the roccobarocco is one word without the RB.

Like this picture (from our mother site shows). The logo beside the cockpit

Saying all that, I dont know how the German flag is involved

And that photo shows no German-flag logo on the rear wing, so if the logo is them, it may tie in. But it is clearly (I think) a different font used in this photo compared to the rear wing logo.
MCard LOLA
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

dr-baker wrote:And that photo shows no German-flag logo on the rear wing, so if the logo is them, it may tie in. But it is clearly (I think) a different font used in this photo compared to the rear wing logo.

I think the font is different, me too.
Indeed roccobarocco is just one word, but I don't think that the sponsor we're looking for is just one word... In the picture that mediocre posted it seems that the second word's font has something different of the first word's one (maybe the word that could be Rocos, Pocos or something else, is written with a bold font)...

Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

I talked about this sponsor with a friend of mine, who sent an email to the administrator of the ChicaneF1 website.
He wasn't able to identify the logo, but because of the interest for sponsors too of his website, he added a page about it here:

http://www.chicanef1.com/indiv.pl?name= ... 29%20Foods

Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Yesterday I asked a Japanese F1-fan friend, who shown me the image that you can see here:
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... ice_newans
It seems the logo is "MARUTAMA FOODS". There's a Japanese company named so, and this is their website (unluckily all in Japanese):
http://www.marutama-net.co.jp/index2.html

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

That's it! The appearance of a German flag is in fact explained by the yellow/orange/brown colours on the website banner, and the name is very similar to other peoples' guesses so far! Nice work! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

AndreaModa wrote:That's it! The appearance of a German flag is in fact explained by the yellow/orange/brown colours on the website banner, and the name is very similar to other peoples' guesses so far! Nice work! :)

Right, it wasn't a German flag in the end... I will thank my friend by all the forum. :-)

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

This company needs to sponsor a F1RWRS team now. :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

eurobrun wrote:This company needs to sponsor a F1RWRS team now. :lol:

for sure :lol:

David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Roccobarocco was way way off then!

Good get though.

Any other mystery logos there?

Once a while though, I put a similar reply on another forum (a rival, which doesnt exist any more!) about who are The Lost Boys.

Sure enough in about 15 mins I got a reply from like the head of PR for them explaining who they are etc.

Just a weird name for such a big company

Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Unbelievable - it took almost two years, but we finally know that mysterious sponsor :D
I wonder if mediocre is still keeping track of this thread so he can know that it was finally found...
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Pointrox wrote:Unbelievable - it took almost two years, but we finally know that mysterious sponsor :D
I wonder if mediocre is still keeping track of this thread so he can know that it was finally found...

Maybe we can send him an e-mail to show him the answer...

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Pointrox wrote:Unbelievable - it took almost two years, but we finally know that mysterious sponsor :D

The Formula One Detectives save the day again!
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I think this topic is great. Another two, got to go with the 1996 teams.

Forti from Brazil and Argentina had HUDSON on the sidepods. Tarso Marques had the same in Brazil and Argentina, but a smaller logo on helmet.

Who are they? Just by being in South America, I presume they are from there.

Also, Marques in 1996 had Magnum. Is this the same Magnum from Alex Yoong in 2001????

Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

David AGS wrote:I think this topic is great. Another two, got to go with the 1996 teams.

Forti from Brazil and Argentina had HUDSON on the sidepods. Tarso Marques had the same in Brazil and Argentina, but a smaller logo on helmet.

Who are they? Just by being in South America, I presume they are from there.

Also, Marques in 1996 had Magnum. Is this the same Magnum from Alex Yoong in 2001????

Do you have some pictures to post?

Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

From a little site called F1 Rejects, Forti 1996 with Hudson logo
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

The Magnum that sponsored Yoong was Magnum Holdings bhd.

The Magnum that sponsored Tarso Marques was Relogios Magnum a Brazilian(?) watchmaker. You can see the word Relogios and the watch-shape logo on thispicture of Marques (characteristically retired).

No idea about Hudson though.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Marques was actually sponsored by Yoong's Magnum as well, because it appeared on the Minardi PS01s shortly before Yoong took over from Marques.

Hudson was/is an oil company, but its website is under construction, and seems to have been in this state for rather a long time.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
S951

Post by S951 »

simtek s941 @brooklands upside down but white livery

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/07/16/k ... camera-31/

s951s for sale

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/4 ... _team.html

iirc 4/5 s941s made 2 written off roland & andrea 1 is at brooklands still maybe 1 is in the hands of a dutch collector still in holland the other I don't know where abouts
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

Sorry guys, lost track a bit of this topic because I've been busy with other stuff lately.

But, Sunshine_Baby_[IT], seriously, you're my hero now. :D Awesome job finding that one, you deserve a truckload of free beer. Cheers man, thank you.

As for mysterious sponsors, our 1994 project is still alive (albeit on hold right now) so we'll probably find something. ;)
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

mediocre wrote:Sorry guys, lost track a bit of this topic because I've been busy with other stuff lately.

But, Sunshine_Baby_[IT], seriously, you're my hero now. :D Awesome job finding that one, you deserve a truckload of free beer. Cheers man, thank you.

As for mysterious sponsors, our 1994 project is still alive (albeit on hold right now) so we'll probably find something. ;)

Thank you. :-)

Anyway look at this:
I was searching for Taki Inoue pictures and it seems that at Japanese grand prix 1994, Simtek had another sponsor called Marutama, on the rear wing! :shock:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
mediocre wrote:Sorry guys, lost track a bit of this topic because I've been busy with other stuff lately.

Thank you. :-)

Anyway look at this:
I was searching for Taki Inoue pictures and it seems that at Japanese grand prix 1994, Simtek had another sponsor called Marutama, on the rear wing! :shock:

Miss Sunshine_Baby_[IT], you are quite simply amazing.
MCard LOLA
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Anyway look at this:

I have a slightly higher-resolution version of this photo, and I think the sponsor could actually be Marutomo. The logo on this site is different to the one on the S941, but they both appear to be stylised versions of the letter "m", so one could therefore be an evolution of the other.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

midgrid wrote:I have a slightly higher-resolution version of this photo, and I think the sponsor could actually be Marutomo. The logo on this site is different to the one on the S941, but they both appear to be stylised versions of the letter "m", so one could therefore be an evolution of the other.

It seems that Marutomo is a foods company too! :o

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

They were just a poor man's Forti, so infinitely jealous of Forti's backing from Parmalat :lol:

Image Image
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

kostas22 wrote:They were just a poor man's Forti, so infinitely jealous of Forti's backing from Parmalat :lol:

You're probably right :-)

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Great findings Sunshine_baby_[IT]! It seems Simtek took a load of personal sponsors on when running certain drivers in 1994. God knows what Jean-Marc Gounon brought :shock:

Just a shame that loads of little sponsors still made Simtek bleed money :(
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianSutil wrote:Just a shame that loads of little sponsors still made Simtek bleed money :(

Then clearly they were doing something wrong, becasue March had it right in Canada 1992 :)

The only problem was...they only had sponsors for that one race all year and ran out of money anyway :lol:

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Minardi tried it season-long in '94, to little success. The rejectful livery didnt help either

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
SimtekFan32

Post by SimtekFan32 »

kostas22 wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Just a shame that loads of little sponsors still made Simtek bleed money :(

Then clearly they were doing something wrong, becasue March had it right in Canada 1992 :)

The only problem was...they only had sponsors for that one race all year and ran out of money anyway :lol:

As a Canadian, I can tell you what the sponsors are on Wendlinger's March.

DISCOUNT: Rental car agency here in Canada. Nearest one to the track was in Saint Hubert, QC.
Motorola, CellularOne, Cellulaire: Telecommunications companies with rich racing histories. Motorola sponsored a street stock racing series from 1998-2000, called the Motorola Cup. Motorola went out of business in January 2011. CellularOne sponsored Joe Nemechek's NASCAR Busch Series teams for Joe and Canadian legend Ron Fellows. CellularOne was bought by AT&T in 2008. Cellulaire became Telus in 2006, IIRC.
Robert Allan: Naval Architecture firm based out of Vancouver.
Bill Edwards's Cheers: Local watering hole, with three locations at the time. The Original Cheers location on the west island was shut down in 2007, due to the Quebec Government by-laws prohibiting smoking in public places. There are two Cheers locations that are still running. One in Brossard and Pointe-Claire.
Manager Jeans: Canadian jeans-maker.
EBA Engineering Consultants: firm specializing in engineering, environmental and transportation solutions for the mining, energy, transportation and development sector, specifically in the North of Canada, near NorthWest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
FASA (Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration): Publisher of role playing games, such as BattleTech, MetalTech and Star Trek RPG.
Sportrack: American company specializing in ski and bicycle racks.

Unfortunately I can't make out the sponsor on the top of the March's sidepod. I hope you like my contributions.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SimtekFan32 wrote:Unfortunately I can't make out the sponsor on the top of the March's sidepod. I hope you like my contributions.

It's Chalet Suisse, the (rebranded) restaurant chain.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

SimtekFan32 wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

As a Canadian, I can tell you what the sponsors are on Wendlinger's March.

DISCOUNT: Rental car agency here in Canada. Nearest one to the track was in Saint Hubert, QC.
Motorola, CellularOne, Cellulaire: Telecommunications companies with rich racing histories. Motorola sponsored a street stock racing series from 1998-2000, called the Motorola Cup. Motorola went out of business in January 2011 to be spun off into two independent companies (Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions). CellularOne sponsored Joe Nemechek's NASCAR Busch Series teams for Joe and Canadian legend Ron Fellows. CellularOne was bought by AT&T in 2008. Cellulaire became Telus in 2006, IIRC.
Robert Allan: Naval Architecture firm based out of Vancouver.
Bill Edwards's Cheers: Local watering hole, with three locations at the time. The Original Cheers location on the west island was shut down in 2007, due to the Quebec Government by-laws prohibiting smoking in public places. There are two Cheers locations that are still running. One in Brossard and Pointe-Claire.
Manager Jeans: Canadian jeans-maker.
EBA Engineering Consultants: firm specializing in engineering, environmental and transportation solutions for the mining, energy, transportation and development sector, specifically in the North of Canada, near NorthWest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
FASA (Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration): Publisher of role playing games, such as BattleTech, MetalTech and Star Trek RPG.
Sportrack: American company specializing in ski and bicycle racks.

Unfortunately I can't make out the sponsor on the top of the March's sidepod. I hope you like my contributions.

Motorola was spun off into two different companies according to Wikipedia (Mobility and Solutions). So fixed. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport