Ricardo Londono Bridge has died

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Bleu

Ricardo Londono Bridge has died

Post by Bleu »

Tragic news: this reject driver (profiled on the website) was apparently murdered.

Link in Spanish but I read information about this on other forum:
http://caracol.com.co/nota.aspx?id=847292
Yannick

Re: Ricardo Londono Bridge has died

Post by Yannick »

This is truly sad news. RIP Ricardo.

May I suggest F1-Rejects to play the song "London Bridge" in his honour as part of the next podcast?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

What tragic news. My Spanish is non-existent but it seems like a reputable story. Our condolences.

(Yannick, with the German Edition just posted, your suggestion will be taken on board for the next podcast.)
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Google Translator of that article:

Police confirmed the killing of Ricardo "blade" Londoño, one of Colombia's most famous car in the mid-eighties and the first incursion into the country, but without success in Formula One

The crime was executed by assassins on facts which occurred in a public venue of San Bernardo del Viento, on the shores of the department of Cordova, where departía with others.

According to preliminary information, to place armed men arrived and shot him and others that were in place. Initially it was said that the attack had occurred in the hotel Cispatá, which was owned by Londoño, but then said that was in another of San Bernardo del Viento.

These same facts were killed and two others wounded one more. Police officers and marines carried out operations in the Gulf of Morrosquillo, the boundaries between the departments of Sucre and Córdoba, to locate those responsible for these deeds of blood.

The story of "blade" Londoño

Ricardo "blade" London Bridge was a pilot produced Antioquian champion of all categories in rural Colombia and track and one step short of the highest category of motorsport world experience that could not be crystallized because he was not adopted as the license pilot team.

Londono was one of the most talented Colombian pilots of all time, very fast, versatile, ran all kinds of cars and motorcycles, and was well known in the automobile in America, participated in 1980 in the United States championships in IMSA and Can-Am, as well as a test of Formula Aurora in Europe.

It is considered the first pilot in the Colombian Formula One, the list also are part José Roberto Guerrero and more recently Juan Pablo Montoya.

In 1980 when I was 31 years and was considered "old" to enter Formula One, but were well recognized for its qualities as a pilot who knew her, both in Europe and America, giving him an opportunity to try to participate in this class.

In December 2000 a dozen buildings and commercial establishments, valued at more than 20 billion pesos, which included the name of the race car Antioquia, were raided in various parts of the country.

The operation called Green and White, in the departments of Cordoba, Antioquia and San Andres Islands, was developed in compliance with the order issued by the National Prosecutor, for the forfeiture of property.

RIP
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ricardo has gone to join the race around the racetrack of heaven.
RIP :(
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Kuwashima wrote:What tragic news. My Spanish is non-existent but it seems like a reputable story. Our condolences.

(Yannick, with the German Edition just posted, your suggestion will be taken on board for the next podcast.)

The report basically states that he was murdered by a group of professional murderers wich opened fire at will against a group of people that were with him in a ( it's not clear but it's seems to be), a hotel.

The whole episode seems to be linked with a previous government operation in Colombia that ended seizing ten or more real state properties of Ricardo all along Colombian territory.

So it's seems that he ended in the middle of something in a country where it's seems not easy to not to be involved in the middle of something.

EIDT: well... but someone trnslated exactly the same moment I posted this... so, better make your own conclusions.
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

Very sad... May he rest in peace.
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Two motorsport death reports during the same day, despite in very different circumstances...terrible!

RIP :(
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Frentzen127

RIP Ricardo Londoño-Bridge

Post by Frentzen127 »

I'm not surprised this news were missed, considering he was never in the spotlight in F1.

Ricardo 'Cuchilla' Londoño-Bridge was murdered last Saturday.
Article in Spanish:
http://www.eltiempo.com/colombia/caribe ... 49787.html

A shootout took place in a Motel he owned. 2 other people were killed and 4 more were injured.

I'll try to dig up any information available.

A sad week for motor sports as a whole I suppose...
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

RIP :cry: :cry: :cry:
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I just stumbled on this article:

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft21659.html

Worth a read.
f1-gast

Rejected Ricardo "The Spoon" Londoño assasinated (WTF)

Post by f1-gast »

I just saw this message it's a kind of a rejected f1 driver.
Well he was the first f1 driver from Colombia here the news.

Former Formula One driver Ricardo Londoño was assassinated in the the north of Colombia Saturday. Assassins opened fire at Londoño and his company, killing the racer and two others.

According to Caracol Radio, hitmen entered the Caribbean spa where the Medellin-born racer was and opened fire at everyone present. Caracol reported three deaths and one injured. Newspaper El Tiempo three injured.

According to El Tiempo, the assassination took place in a spa, where the driver had only just arrived. Men on motorcycles then came and shot Londoño and those who were with him.

Police opened an investigation and, together with the Navy, are trying to find the assassins.

'The Spoon' was the first Colombian to enter the Formula one in 1981. He is considered one of Colomba's most talented drivers ever, even though he never really performed it in the Formula One; he was denied the test drive.

http://colombiareports.com/colombia-new ... nated.html
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rejected Ricardo "The Spoon" Londoño assasinated (WTF)

Post by Nuppiz »

Yes, it's very unfortunate. :(

But, you didn't seem to notice that this is old news?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

i saw it was from 2009 but i never reached this said news over here
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Its still a rememberance in a way.

There should be a Londono-Bridge day on the forum.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

We had a thread on this last year:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=326&p=11193&hilit=londono#p11193

Nice photo of his Lotus 78, thanks for that. I've been looking for a decent photo so I can build a model of it.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Yeah, it was tragic back in the day, and a bit old news by now. I am merging the thread, OK?

And, for the record, "Cuchillo" means knife, not spoon - that's cuchara. :mrgreen:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Faustus wrote:We had a thread on this last year:

Nice photo of his Lotus 78, thanks for that. I've been looking for a decent photo so I can build a model of it.

If you made it can you make pics of it =) ?
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

f1-gast wrote:
Faustus wrote:We had a thread on this last year:

If you made it can you make pics of it =) ?

Sure. It's on my long and ever-growing list of models to build. I got a set of decals for it, pretty nice looking ones, but they're not made by a professional and I now need another kit for it because I traded my spare Tameo Lotus 78 kit to a mate so he could do Hector Rebaque's car from 1978.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Millie5 wrote:I think this is ok about F1 rejection,But anyway its so unfortunate to hear about London Bridge.

spambot detected
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Another spammer without links
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
beacon44

Post by beacon44 »

So tragic news. Even I never before hear about this.. Seems to be old news I thought.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

beacon44 wrote:So tragic news. Even I never before hear about this.. Seems to be old news I thought.

Spambots seem to have a thing for Ricardo Londono Bridge. What on earth did he get up to when he was alive? :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I remember there were unconfirmed rumours that he was practically funded by Colombian drug cartels...
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

East Londoner wrote:
beacon44 wrote:So tragic news. Even I never before hear about this.. Seems to be old news I thought.

Spambots seem to have a thing for Ricardo Londono Bridge. What on earth did he get up to when he was alive? :lol:

Maybe he was a shoe salesman before his F1 career
I like the way Snrub thinks!