Provisional 2009 Reject of the Year

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Provisional 2009 Reject of the Year

Post by FullMetalJack »

I know this may be frowned upon but I have decided to start a provisional Reject of the Year Podium.

The early contenders are:

Nelson Piquet Jr
Kazuki Nakajima
BMW Sauber
Mclaren Mercedes
Sebastien Bourdais
Ferrari are a possibility but have probably shaken off chances of the ROTY Podium by now

My Provisional podium is:

3rd - Sebastien Bourdais
2nd - BMW Sauber
1st - Nelson Piquet Jr

Feel free to express your opinions.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Re: Provisional 2009 Reject of the Year

Post by dr-baker »

Surely it ought to be Honda for failing to get any branding on the Brawn at all. Even if were only a small H on the tip of the nosecone... :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Not a very serious contender but what about Sebastian Vettel's staragist:
Spain: Vettel lost potential 2nd and only inherited 4th by defaults because of a very conservative stratagy
Monaco: Vettel compounded what turned out (in hindsight) to be a poor stratagy choice
Turkey: Vettel lost 2nd to Webber by a 3 stop stratagy that was almost never going to work

If his stratagist keeps going at this rate he might be ROTR by Abu Dhabi
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

i think williams is also a potential candidate so far. Continual promise and car speed early in the weekend, but not translated into any decent results.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Wizzie wrote:Not a very serious contender but what about Sebastian Vettel's staragist:
Spain: Vettel lost potential 2nd and only inherited 4th by defaults because of a very conservative stratagy
Monaco: Vettel compounded what turned out (in hindsight) to be a poor stratagy choice
Turkey: Vettel lost 2nd to Webber by a 3 stop stratagy that was almost never going to work

If his stratagist keeps going at this rate he might be ROTR by Abu Dhabi

I'm with you. And I want to nominate McLaren as well, is that OK?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Surely F1 politics is the winner hands down???
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Debaser wrote:Surely F1 politics is the winner hands down???

It might deserve it. But I'm not ready to give it that much importance.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It's still too early to say who will be given the site's prestigious award at the end of the season.
And as always, the award will be having to do something with pre-season expectations. Hence, Piquet isn't really performing towards getting the award, because of low pre-season expectations. The same goes for Fisi and Bourdais as well. But what about Kovalainen, McLaren, BMW Sauber, Ferrari, Renault, Toyota - all manufacturer teams even?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

I agree that it's too early. We have way too many candidates right now (for me, everyone that's not Brawn or Red Bull).
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Henrique wrote:I agree that it's too early. We have way too many candidates right now (for me, everyone that's not Brawn or Red Bull).

There's an awful lot of strategy flukes going on on Red Bull right now. Indeed, it's been argued that theirs is actually the fastest car in fast, flowing circuits. Don't rule them out yet...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

KERS - not hands down, but rather keep your hands off - danger - high voltage!
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Yannick wrote:KERS - not hands down, but rather keep your hands off - danger - high voltage!

I agree with you, KERS is a waste of time and money, cost-cutting my arse.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

KERS, the FIA, FOTA

Arrange at will. Alphabet Soup on all three steps of the Reject Podium.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

By now my podium would be

1- F1 politics (but I hope to rule this out soon)
2- KERS
3- 2009 silly rules and awful car shapes
4 (podium contender if -I hope- we won't hear about politics again) - BMW Sauber (ok, this year manufacturers sucks, but BMW is sucking more than anyone else)
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
nit

Post by nit »

Jack O Malley wrote:By now my podium would be

3- 2009 silly rules and awful car shapes

I like the shape of the cars, i there miles better then the ugly things that the drivers we're driving from 06 to 08.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Whisper it... Hamilton?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I think it's safe to say Sebastien Bourdais will be on the ROTY podium at this stage, unless people start to mess up badly.
razta

Post by razta »

Now that Bordais' out does that mean he does not qualify for Reject of the Year?
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

He qualfies, Ide and Montoya have qualfied for ROTY before when they haven't finished the season. If he sues Toro Rosso he'll really deserve it, suing does no good for his career and litigation is completely unnecessary (sorry Enoch!)
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Debaser wrote:He qualfies, Ide and Montoya have qualfied for ROTY before when they haven't finished the season. If he sues Toro Rosso he'll really deserve it, suing does no good for his career and litigation is completely unnecessary (sorry Enoch!)

Don't forget good ol' Pantano.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Pity that Piquet is out now, his ROTY would have been more deserved... :)
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Pity that Piquet is out now, his ROTY would have been more deserved...

Well, he's still well in the running. His departing statement has ensured that...!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Has BMW's announcement of pulling out strengthened or weakened their bid for the award?

With KERS winning and manufacturers leaving, what effect will this have on cost-cutting initiatives?
2009 might be the season that it is the hardest so far to pick a winner.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

How about Schumacher? If he tanks, he's totally a candidate.
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

I would say KERS as well, it took up a fair degree of development funds and royally sodomized several races
muttley

Post by muttley »

If Mad Max shows up and gets re-elected in October, FOTA is the ROTY hands down.
rffp

Post by rffp »

My nominees

1st-BMW - for supporting Formula Elaborate Bluff, for advocating KERS in 2009 and then dropping it halfway, for their pitiful results on track and for finally being a "bad sport" and quitting F-1 (again) after a bad season leaving Sauber on the tightrope

2nd-Nelson Piquet Jr - I would leave him out but due to his complete lack of humility, Piquet Jr deserves the place here, he made a fool of himself alone with no help from Flav

3rd-FIA/FOTA/FOM/Max/Bernie/Luca/Manufacturers - putting it into simple words, we F-1 fans do not need this crap again!
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Some odd suggestions.

Drivers:
(most rejecty at the top)

1)Bourdais
2)Piquet Jr.
3)Kubica
4)Kovalainen
5)Nakajima

Other stuff:

1)Honda for pulling the plug with what in the context of history will be judged impeccable comic timing
2)BMW for screwing up Robert Kubica's championship bid in order to concentrate on a car that would drive them out of the sport
3)FOTA for being CUN*S
4)FIA for being CUN*S
5)KERS, which hasn't worked.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

The strongest candidate is probably the FIA-FOTA war, I think people were genuinely worried about a breakaway series, but it turned out to be a pointless, elaborate bluff.

Piquet Jr, Bourdais, and BMW Sauber are also up there. KERS would have been up there if Hamilton hadn't won in Hungary, as I think this shows at least some point to it.

Unlikely candidates, but ones I'll put forward regardless, are Barrichello, and the Overtaking Working Group.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'm going to give Jaime Alguersuari the benefit of the doubt and assume he will probably take the title in a close race. Reject, that is.
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Many Blue Flags

Post by Many Blue Flags »

Everyone here is missing the blindingly obvious. I know all the previous ROTYs have been the actual drivers, but nobody can really say that someone who's constantly been stupid and bigheaded all year with no redeeming features (Bourdais had that race in Monaco beating Fisi, Piquet had that spar with Hamilton remember) is none other than Flavio Briatore.

He was the guy who led FOTA against the FIA, dragging out the war. He was the one who whined about the Double Deck Diffusers at all times, about KERS, who thinks F1 should be just some sort of light-embellished circuit for raking in money rather than an interesting sport with technological advancements. He's been like this for some time true, but I've pretty much had it with him in my own opinion. Give him the Year's award, and then drop something heavy on him if you can.
Also Known As 'Mr Two-Seconds-Off-The-Pace'

YAFUGGA BLOODY GAFUGGOV is all I say to you.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Jordan wrote:I'm going to give Jaime Alguersuari the benefit of the doubt and assume he will probably take the title in a close race. Reject, that is.

Schumacher might just beat him to it... :twisted:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Jordan wrote:I'm going to give Jaime Alguersuari the benefit of the doubt and assume he will probably take the title in a close race. Reject, that is.

Schumacher might just beat him to it... :twisted:

Bingo. Someone give this man a beer.
Schumacher automatic ROTY if Badoer does will :mrgreen: (Which we all hope he does)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

rffp wrote:My nominees

1st-BMW - for supporting Formula Elaborate Bluff, for advocating KERS in 2009 and then dropping it halfway, for their pitiful results on track and for finally being a "bad sport" and quitting F-1 (again) after a bad season leaving Sauber on the tightrope

It's hard to say this for a Sauber supporter like me, but BMW are in the lead for the award now for losin the money that would have been that of the team in case they had signed the Concorde Agreement and then trying to sell the team, instead of pulling out before signing and then reapplying their team as a new entrant to get it sold.
The board of directors appears so clueless ...
Here's hoping that Sauber can achieve decent performances next year with the customer engine.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Here's hoping that Sauber can be on the grid next year, I would say.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Ferrim wrote:Here's hoping that Sauber can be on the grid next year, I would say.

Here's agreeing with you, as the original team ran by Peter Sauber. My third favourite F1 team of all time.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

My Provisional ROTY Podium:
1st) Renault (because it effectively covers Nelson Piquet Jr. being sh*t, Flav's constant whining and Vettel's constant engine failures)
2nd) Donnington Park (for turning out to be a typical British construction project - very late. British GP in the Millenium Stadium Car Park anyone?)
3rd) Toyota (for going from locking out the front row in Bahrain Quali to locking out the back row in Monaco 2 races later, and having pretty much stayed there since.)

Current points scorers:
SEBASTIEN BOURDAIS for being crap.
BMW SAUBER for their generally rubbish season.
MAX MOSELY for once again treating F1 as his plaything and messing around with everybody. Dumbass.
LUCA BADOER for already being a Reject.
MCLAREN for Melbournegate and forgetting to get tyres for Hamilton's 2nd stop at Valencia.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

My ROTY nominations so far are, Toro Rosso whilst Red Bull win races Toro in effectivly the same car languish at the back with easily the worst driver line up on the grid. BMW, Pre season favourites, Actual Season disapointment, next season non-existant. My Personal favourite, overestimation, thinking there would be more overtaking, thinking Luca Badoer would be brilliant, thinking BMW would walk it and thinking Hungary would be boring and predictable :P
oh and if possible to even nominate, peoples attitude to KERS, thinking it is useless but as Mclaren and Ferrari have proved in the last couple of races, BRILLIANT.
Message me on Discord.
Janmarcuus

Post by Janmarcuus »

I'd say, BMW Sauber; how idiots. They almost fought for the championship last year, and for one wrong season... Withdrawal! Bah. BMW Racing Team: few ideas... BUT confused!!! XD
To finish first, first you have to finish
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

For the podium, I'd like to nominate everyone and/or entity who gave up on KERS after a half sack of races. It is destined to become a dominant technology by the end of this year. Given the same regulations next year, Mclaren would be untouchable. The refuelling ban could make it a serious trump card.
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence