Calling International Rescue - Need English Internet Feed

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ross Prawn

Calling International Rescue - Need English Internet Feed

Post by Ross Prawn »

OK guys, I'm in Poland. :?

Going to watch the GP tomorrow, hopefully. Buts its on Polish TV and the commentary is all in 'wicci'. So, I've tried to find the radio 5 live commentary but they don't seem to stream outside the UK.

So where is there an English commentary stream I can find on the web? (I'm so desparate that even the Aussi stream will do. After all Australia's Mark Webber might win ;) )

(I did suggest to the missus that the hotel could find me a nice translator, who could also pass the time during the 15 minute Polish TV advert breaks. Missus went went very quiet and left, which did not strike me as suitable attitude for Button supporter.)

At least Kuciba got into Q1, may be able to get out of country alive.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
CarlosFerreira

Re: Calling International Rescue - Need English Internet Feed

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Sorry for that, mate! The autosport site has live text commentary. Maybe that'll help?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

F1 Live also has text commentary. That's what I use, since Charter Cable doesn't carry Speed.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

http://www.justin.tv/livef1

However, I was in Germany for the 2007 Canadian GP, had no English commentary, and it nearly made it better. I didn't really know what was going on, but in a good way (though in that race, I don't think anyone did). I'd nearly recommend it, as an experiment to see how much you really need commentary.

But if you really need it that badly, there's a link to a trustworthy site that I've used in the past for F1, and the live timing on the official website is very good, and of course the BBC text too (it streams outside the UK; I'm from Ireland and I get that but not a lot else on the BBC website).
Last edited by shinji on 06 Jun 2009, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

There's live text and coverage on the BBC website. I'm not sure if it streams outside the UK but the live text definitely should work.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Debaser wrote:There's live text and coverage on the BBC website. I'm not sure if it streams outside the UK but the live text definitely should work.

I'm pretty sure the stream is UK only, even the delayed videos are UK only.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

You can try using an England-based proxy server.
Bort

Post by Bort »

Ross Prawn wrote:(I'm so desparate that even the Aussi stream will do. After all Australia's Mark Webber might win ;) )

Luckily for us, the Australian coverage uses the UK commentary for the actual race.
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Yes, live video with BBC TV audio feed, Martin Brundle & Johnathan Leggart (Mr. "Brawn over Brawn")

..apologies for name spelling errors
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

thehemogoblin wrote:You can try using an England-based proxy server.

I could, if I had the faintest idea what it was.

Thanks for your help guys, justintv it is I think.

The BBC streaming tv and radio don't seem to work outside the UK, just the text page. Likewise Radio5 doesn't stream.

Incidentally, I watched the Indy 500 across the web a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. Live timing, main view and 4 in car views in reasonable quality. Bernie needs to catch up.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ross Prawn wrote:Incidentally, I watched the Indy 500 across the web a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. Live timing, main view and 4 in car views in reasonable quality. Bernie needs to catch up.

I remember watching the last 54 laps of the 2007 Indy 500 online. Was a enjoyable experience. The FIA does have a lot of catching up to do.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

I'll document my experience for the benefit of future travellers.

Got Polish telly working, and got F1 live timing, and justintv sites up. :geek: Then I found that BBC Radio 5 five live was streaming with the warm up to the GP. All going great so far. :D

Just as the GP starts then radio 5 annouce that they cannot stream the next programme 'due to licencing rules'. As the cars surge off the grid the commentary switches to rugby! :?

So I fiddle with the computer and get justintv working. When I look back at the telly Button is in the lead, how did that happen. :o

After 1 lap justintv commentary stops and I get a message on the screen which basically says 'get out your credit card if you want to hear more'. :twisted:

So I try with just the Polish commentary for a few laps. They are amazingly laid back. As Rubens attacks Heiki they drone on in the same monotone. Even when they eventually collide the commentator justs drones on in a flat monotone. 'A car has left the circuit' or something. :roll: For those of brought up on the hyper-activity of Murray and James Allen, this just will not do.

So I get out the credit card and sign up for justintv. Whilst trying to watch the race at the same time. Finally get things going and get the ESPN feed, which is quite good. Two British guys commentating, couldn't work out exactly who. Only real problem is frquent adverts breaking up the commentary. (Justintv has about 6 feeds for the GP, but ESPN is the only one I can get to work.)

Anyway, all sorted. But by now the race is settled and getting a bit boring, so time for a sleep.