Teams to confirm NOT entering F1 in 2010

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Teams to confirm NOT entering F1 in 2010

Post by dr-baker »

RML (Ray Mallock Ltd of touring car fame) have confirmed that they did not submit an entry for the 2010 championship :

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75770

Are there many teams who were linked with entries but haven't confirmed one one or the other yet?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rffp

Re: Teams to confirm NOT entering F1 in 2010

Post by rffp »

So far, I've heard nothing about iSport.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
dragonsteincole

Post by dragonsteincole »

It does seem quite amusing that it's easier to say who isn't entering F1 next year. :p But nothing from RML, and iSport and Epsilon Eskudi don't look too likely to happen either. Then again Team Superfund kept their entry off the radar until yesterday, so there's still time for them to confirm it either way.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

dragonsteincole wrote:It does seem quite amusing that it's easier to say who isn't entering F1 next year. :p But nothing from RML, and iSport and Epsilon Eskudi don't look too likely to happen either. Then again Team Superfund kept their entry off the radar until yesterday, so there's still time for them to confirm it either way.

I expect you to understand it clearly: I'm NOT entering F1 in 2010 and made NO application prior to 29th may. I repeat, Me nor any related brands to me (ie: my avatar, popi_larrauri on this forum) are NOT entering F1 next year.
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:
dragonsteincole wrote:It does seem quite amusing that it's easier to say who isn't entering F1 next year. :p But nothing from RML, and iSport and Epsilon Eskudi don't look too likely to happen either. Then again Team Superfund kept their entry off the radar until yesterday, so there's still time for them to confirm it either way.

I expect you to understand it clearly: I'm NOT entering F1 in 2010 and made NO application prior to 29th may. I repeat, Me nor any related brands to me (ie: my avatar, popi_larrauri on this forum) are NOT entering F1 next year.

Oh why not? Spoilsport...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Can I get a confirmation from the two directors of Al the Shoe Spammer Team F1 Rejects Racing that they are not entering F1 in 2010 because they could not find anybody willing to steal the Life W12 engines out of the museum where they are supposedly kept? :shock: ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Following comes from an article on Autosport website :

"...Sources suggest that GP2 team iSport and Formtech – a composite components manufacturer arisen from the ashes of Super Aguri – have decided against entering F1 in 2010, as has RML."
MCard LOLA
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Epsilon Euskadi have apparently put one in, but I've heard they're pretty disorganised and can't concentrate on one project for long enough to make their entry viable. Apparently their World Series by Renault project has been in freefall, and while the Epsilon Euskadi ee1 might have been the sexiest LMS car at Le Mans last year, it was painfuly slow; worse than the 2007/2008 Hondas.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Captain Hammer wrote:and while the Epsilon Euskadi ee1 might have been the sexiest LMS car at Le Mans last year, it was painfuly slow; worse than the 2007/2008 Hondas.
At Le Mans they managed to get two cars in the race (thanks to the Racing Box Lucchini getting thrown out due to a homologation technicality), but the cars were dreadfully unreliable and as the race went on it became increasingly obvious that Epsilon Euskadi were not prepared to run two cars. If I remember correctly, they had to cannibalize one car in a feeble attempt to get the other one to the finish. They would certainly be a Reject team if they were to enter F1, but while the know-how and facilities might be there, the concentration isn't.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

I would like to state that I have NOT submitted a 2010 entry for my Sim Racing Team, Statesman Grand Prix.....Aside from it being a Sim Team, we would need a Customer Chassis and I'm not sure BMW would sell us an engine.........

But here is our Zimdycar entry...#93 Piper Aircraft March 209C-BMW
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

RejectSteve wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:and while the Epsilon Euskadi ee1 might have been the sexiest LMS car at Le Mans last year, it was painfuly slow; worse than the 2007/2008 Hondas.
At Le Mans they managed to get two cars in the race (thanks to the Racing Box Lucchini getting thrown out due to a homologation technicality), but the cars were dreadfully unreliable and as the race went on it became increasingly obvious that Epsilon Euskadi were not prepared to run two cars. If I remember correctly, they had to cannibalize one car in a feeble attempt to get the other one to the finish. They would certainly be a Reject team if they were to enter F1, but while the know-how and facilities might be there, the concentration isn't.

You never know ... two of their main guys have been invovled in Formula One before, and with all the know-how from the teams being supplied, they might just stand a chance at salvaging something.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Epsilon Euskadi have actually submitted an entry, and with 4 years' funding lined up !

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75791
MCard LOLA
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

That team has "fail" written all over it :x
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

With news items like this I predict a return to the glory days of the late 1980s early 1990s period. There are so many parallels it's uncanny...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Henrique wrote:That team has "fail" written all over it :x

Maybe they can actually pull it off. Villadelprat seems to have taken into account the idea that he's going to need more money than the proposed budget cap says because certain things - like driver salaries - are excluded. They're an established constructor, and they know how to win, even if they've been having a rough time of it of late. The likes of N.Technology would be a Reject before Epsilon Euskadi ...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:

Maybe they can actually pull it off. Villadelprat seems to have taken into account the idea that he's going to need more money than the proposed budget cap says because certain things - like driver salaries - are excluded. They're an established constructor, and they know how to win, even if they've been having a rough time of it of late. The likes of N.Technology would be a Reject before Epsilon Euskadi ...

That's where the problem is. The equipment and the knowhow is there but the commitment is a bit lacking...
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Wizzie wrote:That's where the problem is. The equipment and the knowhow is there but the commitment is a bit lacking...

Maybe that's because up until now they've been a little dead in the water.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Captain Hammer wrote:

N.Technology know how to engineer cars as well, they are involved with the design of the Formula Master cars, they've run the factory Alfa Romeo team in ETCC and later WTCC, and last year they even won a race with a Honda Accord Euro R despite extremely limited support from the factory.

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

At Le Mans at one point, there was Barazi Epsilon as well, not just Epsilon Euskadi. Are they different names for the same team or are the cars named Epsilon and Barazi was a customer?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

At Le Mans at one point, there was Barazi Epsilon as well, not just Epsilon Euskadi. Are they different names for the same team or are the cars named Epsilon and Barazi was a customer?
Waris

Post by Waris »

dr-baker wrote:Following comes from an article on Autosport website :

"...Sources suggest that GP2 team iSport and Formtech – a composite components manufacturer arisen from the ashes of Super Aguri – have decided against entering F1 in 2010, as has RML."

Formtech have actually submit an entry, albeit under the name Brabham (they could be off the grid before they're on it, what with the Brabham family rowing over them and all).

Only ones I can think of: Wirth, Racing Engineering, iSport, ART, and even Super Aguri were rumored to return, before Akita-san downplayed that rumor.

Edited to add: Hey, what do you know, maybe if some judge decides Formtech can't use the name Brabham, they might want to go with Super Aguri (they bought their assets and factory, after all), after which Aguri might sue them instead. If they lose that too, they might want to go with Arrows, since it's their former factory, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Yannick wrote:At Le Mans at one point, there was Barazi Epsilon as well, not just Epsilon Euskadi. Are they different names for the same team or are the cars named Epsilon and Barazi was a customer?
Different teams. Barazi Epsilon is a French team, who if I'm not mistaken once ran Karim Ojjeh, the TAG head who co-owns McLaren. I think they were running Courage prototypes.