FOTA teams sumbit entries

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

FOTA teams sumbit entries

Post by tristan1117 »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75680

Its finally happened. After Flav's whinging, Ferrari's threats, and about 50 meetings they're still going to join. What was the point? They just made a enormous political scrap and now its over, with a few compromises about the rules. Max is still happy, Bernie's still getting his money and FOTA are in next year. The only possible thing that can go wrong is that Max sticks to his two-tier system which would be insane. So is it finally all over? I hope for F1's sake it is. End rant.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Captain Hammer

Re: FOTA teams sumbit entries

Post by Captain Hammer »

That's all this was ever about: negotitaion. What were you expecting, that the teams revolt completely? The fans might want to see the back of Mosely, but that doesn't mean the teams do. The whole point of the meetings was to work out a way in which everyone could be happy; that's what negotiation is. However, it should be noted that the nine FOTA teams only submitted conditional entries, which means they're technically on the 2010 grid, but they still want to talk about it and will do so on June 12th.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Captain Hammer wrote:That's all this was ever about: negotitaion. What were you expecting, that the teams revolt completely? The fans might want to see the back of Mosely, but that doesn't mean the teams do. The whole point of the meetings was to work out a way in which everyone could be happy; that's what negotiation is. However, it should be noted that the nine FOTA teams only submitted conditional entries, which means they're technically on the 2010 grid, but they still want to talk about it and will do so on June 12th.

Yes, but after Max proposed this system all we have got is endless bickering. THe fans want to see racing, not political arguements.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

tristan1117 wrote:THe fans want to see racing, not political arguements.

I want to see racing on weekends, but the more F1 drama during the week the better. Makes for a great read and lots of chuckels. :mrgreen:
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Occasionally the PR disasters and politics can get too bad to be good (The Indy fiasco for example), but I'm not one of those who would rather all this stuff quietens down. It certainly helps keep the sport's profile right at the forefront (with it being shown on the BBC in the UK helps even more).

The rule changes and proposals I think to some extent are a way of keeping the teams and sport on their toes. F1 is a sport that does benefit from change for changes sake, because with every change comes an opportunity for someone new to capitalize. The changes in the regs and the format of the sport prevent the status quo which when it sets in, reduces the amount of entertainment in the event itself disproportionately more on Formula One than any other sport I can think of.

Teams like Ferrari seem annoyed that this leaves them unable to build a legacy, but if anything, this season has illustrated that building a legacy is also about having good race engineers and having a number of strategic thinkers that prevent, say, a top ten car going out in the first round of qualifying. McLaren's own protestations just seem like sour grapes because their aero package for this season is close to the single worst on the grid.

Renault and Toyota, pff, they seem to get itchy feet as soon as they aren't scoring points. Whenever they're in the points suddenly everything's wonderful again. BMW's recent spell near the back seems to imply they don't have the heart for the fight either. Mario Thiessen in particular seems to have a really irritating attitude. The major car manufacturers always want it their own way when they're involved but when they lose they act as if they're somehow above everything, like Formula 1 was only ever a nice little sideshow for them. It's that sort of attitude that makes me want teams like Williams to succeed more than ever, regardless of mistakes made in the past.

FOTA's reaction to Williams signing up, given what's just happened, seems unbelievably childish.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Captain Hammer wrote:The fans might want to see the back of Mosely, but that doesn't mean the teams do.

Max would like that if the fans were whipping him and speaking in horribly faked German accents.

Since the FOTA teams haven't been assured of getting their demands yet, will they? Surely the FIA holds all the cards now thanks to the entries.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Article 2.1 requires that all entrants must "observe all the provisions as supplemented or amended of... ...the present Sporting Regulations together referred to as “the Regulations”." Entering on condition of the regulations being changed breaches Article 2.1. As far as I can see, the FIA are obliged to reject the FOTA entry as it stands.

Look out for at least one more round of FIA/FOTA bashing, probably more.
BB01

Post by BB01 »

Yeah, its not over, at all. According to pitpass, the only teams that have legal entries in 2010 are Williams, Ferrari and the new teams.

It is good to see (most of) the teams able to agree on something for a change, though. McLaren and Ferrari on the same side of an argument?!?! What is the world coming to?