High Resolution Formula One Images

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
thehemogoblin

High Resolution Formula One Images

Post by thehemogoblin »

Does anyone know where I can find some high resolution F1 pictures (that is free, please)? I have to make a four page photo essay (and by that, I mean that I have to have somewhere around 10-20 pictures to fill up all of the space... it is going to be a magazine layout, basically) for my visual communications class, and I wanted to use the evolution of the cars in Formula One as my story.

Thanks,

thehemogoblin
Nin13

Re: High Resolution Formula One Images

Post by Nin13 »

Try here-

http://www.f1-fansite.com/wallpaper/200 ... er0509.asp

I like these pics from their site-

AND
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Thank you... anyone else?
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

F1 Fansite is probably your best shot. Not only do they have archives for every race event for the past few years - so you can really highlight the differences between 2008 and 2009-spec cars - but they have them in multiple resolutions as well.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I was thinking from the beginning to today. I have a lot of space to fill.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Good luck, then. There's some historic ones on the Fansite, but most of them are modern. You can easily trace the evolution over the last few years; to be honest, I think you'd have trouble getting high-res images from the sport's origins.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Captain Hammer wrote:Good luck, then. There's some historic ones on the Fansite, but most of them are modern. You can easily trace the evolution over the last few years; to be honest, I think you'd have trouble getting high-res images from the sport's origins.

I don't need like 50000 pixels by 50000 pixels, but it's got to be no less than 400x400 or so.
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

This site are also good. But only for images of last few years................... :ugeek:
http://www.racefreaks.nl/images_database.rf
OR
http://www.f1today.nl/fotos/laatst-toegevoegd/

Both sites are in DUTCH language, so you can use GOOGLE translator to translate entire website............................. :mrgreen:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

http://www.f1-photo.com/ has a lot of photos that are about 600x400 resolution.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
noshpit

Post by noshpit »

https://www.racing-underground.com/index.ru has some images

but u will need an invite, which i have run out of so u will need to ask someone else
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well if the minimum limit is only 400x400 or so, I'd suggest http://www.f1-facts.com. They have images from every single season from 1950 to 2007 (the site is still updated, but they don't have any images from 2008 and 2009).
Here is an example from 2004:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Quickly, someone round out my top ten most dominant F1 cars ever:

Lotus 79
McLaren MP4/4
Ferrari F2002
and F2004
Mercedes-Benz W196
Williams FW18
Williams FW14
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

... and the Lotus 25

I'm getting there.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I've got it!

MP4-4
F2004
F2002
Lotus 79
FW14
Lotus 33
MP4-2
Lotus 72
FW18
Lotus 25
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

thehemogoblin wrote:I've got it!

MP4-4
F2004
F2002
Lotus 79
FW14
Lotus 33
MP4-2
Lotus 72
FW18
Lotus 25

I'd say the Williams FW11B should be in there, probably in place of the Lotus 33. Just a personal opinion.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Faustus wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:I've got it!

MP4-4
F2004
F2002
Lotus 79
FW14
Lotus 33
MP4-2
Lotus 72
FW18
Lotus 25

I'd say the Williams FW11B should be in there, probably in place of the Lotus 33. Just a personal opinion.

But the Lotus 33 went on a ridiculous tear, winning all of its races until Clark had already had the perfect championship and literally got every point that he could have for himself and for Lotus. It went 6 for 6 to start out its career.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Nin13 wrote:Image

Why is that one driver waving?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

LionZoo wrote:
Nin13 wrote:-Image-

"Wait guys I need to go to the toilet!" :lol:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

To continue my personal monologue-> I screwed up, guess who gets to do this all again by... oooh.... let's say, in 18 hours. While studying for two other tests.

Kill. Me.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

LionZoo wrote:

Because his engine's stalled I'd imagine! It's Andretti isn't it?
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Barbazza wrote:
LionZoo wrote:

Because his engine's stalled I'd imagine! It's Andretti isn't it?

Looks like it. 1976, not sure where.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Brands Hatch.......Reggazoni and Lauda have a meeting in Turn 1 shortly after this photo was taken......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

Check this site-
http://statsf1.com/
for some old images...................

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
radomer

Post by radomer »

thehemogoblin wrote:Does anyone know where I can find some high resolution F1 pictures (that is free, please)? I have to make a four page photo essay (and by that, I mean that I have to have somewhere around 10-20 pictures to fill up all of the space... it is going to be a magazine layout, basically) for my visual communications class, and I wanted to use the evolution of the cars in Formula One as my story.

Thanks,

thehemogoblin

I found many if you want !! And i am looking for more. We can exchange privately. Everyone pm me if you want. I want to find as well many HIGH RES photos. Especially from old eras. I found many and i want more ;) nothing is impossible
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

radomer wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:Does anyone know where I can find some high resolution F1 pictures (that is free, please)? I have to make a four page photo essay (and by that, I mean that I have to have somewhere around 10-20 pictures to fill up all of the space... it is going to be a magazine layout, basically) for my visual communications class, and I wanted to use the evolution of the cars in Formula One as my story.

Thanks,

thehemogoblin

I found many if you want !! And i am looking for more. We can exchange privately. Everyone pm me if you want. I want to find as well many HIGH RES photos. Especially from old eras. I found many and i want more ;) nothing is impossible

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

radomer wrote:

Thanks,

thehemogoblin

Is this Bestofbritish?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:
radomer wrote:

Thanks,

thehemogoblin

Is this Bestofbritish?

Bestofspambot
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
radomer

Post by radomer »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:
radomer wrote:

Thanks,

thehemogoblin

Is this Bestofbritish?

Hahaha. Oh come one. Its not a spam. I am just looking for high res photos like this two :

They are in high res. There are many ! People have them in their pc but in the private trackers cant be uploaded due to copyrights issue made by certain guys :(
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

radomer wrote:
Hahaha. Oh come one. Its not a spam. I am just looking for high res photos like this two :

They are in high res. There are many ! People have them in their pc but in the private trackers cant be uploaded due to copyrights issue made by certain guys :(

I apologise on behalf of our F1R comrades for our cynicism. It's just we've had a crapload of spambots wreaking havoc on the forum lately, which eventually got so bad we had spambots advertising other spambots.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Oh you're really good at welcoming new members, immediately suspecting that they are simply very clever spambots. :lol:

I have a crapload of F1 pictures on my computer, but only a few of them are high-res as I've downloaded them for use in GPM2 mods. And excluding a handful of driver pictures none of them are older than 1989...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Well, that is embarrassing. Sorry about assuming you were a spambot and welcome to the forum
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
radomer

Post by radomer »

eurobrun wrote:Well, that is embarrassing. Sorry about assuming you were a spambot and welcome to the forum

Its ok. Sometimes i write like bot maybe :P :P I have a passion for f1 photos in high res and i might look like a bot. I liked your forum. I hope i find what i am looking for. I hope as well i can help other members with every thing they need ;)
radomer

Post by radomer »

Nuppiz wrote:Oh you're really good at welcoming new members, immediately suspecting that they are simply very clever spambots. :lol:

I have a crapload of F1 pictures on my computer, but only a few of them are high-res as I've downloaded them for use in GPM2 mods. And excluding a handful of driver pictures none of them are older than 1989...

I would be grateful if you could check your photos for me :) I like photos from old eras. But i collect also from new eras :P In RFM (tracker) i uploaded some of 2002. Its hard to find even from 2001 and 2007 season in HD. :(

PS: You can find how many of them are in high res. Simply by displaying them in DETAILS in a folder. And then you can choose DIMENSIONS.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

radomer wrote:I would be grateful if you could check your photos for me :) I like photos from old eras. But i collect also from new eras :P In RFM (tracker) i uploaded some of 2002. Its hard to find even from 2001 and 2007 season in HD. :(

PS: You can find how many of them are in high res. Simply by displaying them in DETAILS in a folder. And then you can choose DIMENSIONS.

Alright, I'll start going through my archive to find any hi-res images. But before I go any further, what would be your preferred minimum resolution for the images?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Whoops. :oops:

Sorry radomer, and welcome to the forum.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

eurobrun wrote:Well, that is embarrassing. Sorry about assuming you were a spambot and welcome to the forum

Well, *ahem*, we've all done it....

And welcome to the forums radomer :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

radomer wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Oh you're really good at welcoming new members, immediately suspecting that they are simply very clever spambots. :lol:

I would be grateful if you could check your photos for me :) I like photos from old eras. But i collect also from new eras :P In RFM (tracker) i uploaded some of 2002. Its hard to find even from 2001 and 2007 season in HD. :(

I know f1-gast likes to collect hi-res photos, maybe email him and ask :D

He was doing a research project about old Dutch drivers and teams and I think he acquired some photos as part of it...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
radomer

Post by radomer »

Nuppiz wrote:
radomer wrote:I would be grateful if you could check your photos for me :) I like photos from old eras. But i collect also from new eras :P In RFM (tracker) i uploaded some of 2002. Its hard to find even from 2001 and 2007 season in HD. :(

Alright, I'll start going through my archive to find any hi-res images. But before I go any further, what would be your preferred minimum resolution for the images?

1200x600 is the lowest i have. Usually i have them in 1600x1000 and more. But it depends. I cant explain it. I have some 1200x600 images in my 1080p pc screen and if i toggle fullscreen , they look really nice.

PS: There are people who download high res image packs from famous photographers in trackers. If we find them, we have the photos as well ! We wont care if we cant find them anymore in those trackers ;)
radomer

Post by radomer »

kostas22 wrote:
radomer wrote:

I know f1-gast likes to collect hi-res photos, maybe email him and ask :D

He was doing a research project about old Dutch drivers and teams and I think he acquired some photos as part of it...

Can you give my his mail and his profile link plz in pm :)
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I dont know how to reply on a email since i receive the email: [email protected]....

I do have lots of F1 photos from 1880 till 2008, about 2700 though i dont know which once are copyrighted or not, but i don't care that rule that much to be honnest.
Here some examples i have.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1