Conspiracy theories part 18

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Conspiracy theories part 18

Post by SuperAguri »

This is an image of the drivers line up taken in Melbourne, there are a few things I did notice...

In the middle are all the diffusergate teams with the current team leaders in the dead centre

The two teams that moaned loudly about the diffusers are on the corners on the bottom row

The two current winners both are standing with their hands in front of their manhood

The two williams drivers have their hands in their pockets and they seem to be too relaxed

Mark Webber isn't wearing a cap, could this mean that he might just sneak the drivers championship by not really winning but by scoring lots of points?

The big three of Ferrari, McLaren and Renault seem to have spent a lot of budget on sunglasses for their drivers and this might be one reason why they are all doing so badly.

(Note : None of this to be taken tooo seriously)

Anyone noticed anything else that could be a conspiracy? ;)
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
noisebox

Re: Conspiracy theories part 18

Post by noisebox »

You've got too much time on your hands...
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Brilliant! Reminded me of literature classes, when the teacher dissected a poem, finding meaning everywhere, and we just wondered if the poet knew about all of them. :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
alvaro3d

Post by alvaro3d »

Drivers with sunglasses are having a difficult start of the season and looks they will be midfield or lower for the rest of the season.

Nakajima has a Toyota in his suit? if he is there for being Japanese maybe we will be surprised by Sato at Williams in the middle of the season!

(Zoom in) Massa and Kimi have visible wrist watches, Kimi on right hand, Massa on left hand, are they running out of time???

Finally just and apreciation but Vettel looks like Webber little brother :D
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Trulli and Glock have different coloured caps - though they drive for the same team!

Presumably this was supposed to aid a marksman assassin in identifying the actual target. Presumably also said marksman was thwarted in this endeavour by the crack crime-fighting squad from Charlie Whiting's Angels.
nit

Post by nit »

notice mark webber isn't wearing a cap, what could this mean? that the rest of the drivers have a secret pack against mark? or maybe mark didn't feel like wearing one? who know, you decide :mrgreen:
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I miss some of the photos where all team-mates are not next to each other like in this

Eight rejects here: Belmondo, Gachot, Brabham, Schiattarella, Lagorce, Noda, Deletraz and Zanardi.
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

besides Ferrari and Red Bull and Toro Rosso every1 other uniform has ALOT of white in it....

Webber doesnt have a hat.... they cant find/make one big enough???
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

SuperAguri wrote:The big three of Ferrari, McLaren and Renault seem to have spent a lot of budget on sunglasses for their drivers and this might be one reason why they are all doing so badly.

I think it was under the expectation they would be outpaced by Brawn that they're trying to hide their identities.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Bleu wrote:Image
I miss some of the photos where all team-mates are not next to each other like in this

Eight rejects here: Belmondo, Gachot, Brabham, Schiattarella, Lagorce, Noda, Deletraz and Zanardi.

Pretty sure that Zanardi got hamstrung with some of the worst cars on the grid each time he was in F1.
thalion

Post by thalion »

i'm sure that mark anticipated that his height would put the top of his head out of the picture, obviating the need for any sort of headgear.
runningboots

Post by runningboots »

Here's a good one.

Great to see Super Aguri in da house.

Fisi looks like an idiot

Kovaleinen looks like someone's let one go and Hamilton couldbe the culprit judging by that smirk.
Jocke1

Conspiracy theories part 19

Post by Jocke1 »

I came across this picture of someone suggesting that Titanic was an inside job:

Examining the circled area got me thinking about the old NES game Gradius, and those druid-like 'head enemies' you encounter:

Notice the similarities:

Now, Gradius was released by Konami. And in 1993 Konami released a completely different game for the NES, Formula 1 Sensation or F-1 Sensation:

Notable drivers included Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and Michael Schumacher.

However, the Founder and Chairman of the Board of Konami Corp., Kagemasa Kozuki-san, still active to this day,
felt that Senna brought the sales and overall playability and popularity of the game down to poor levels.
So he concocted a scheme of having Senna "removed" from the 1994 issue of the game. And we all know what happened at Imola.
There exists a highly rare photograph of Kozuki-san and Patrick Head in a motorhome at Monza taken in 1993 by a now missing-presumed-dead journalist.
Who knows what they discussed?

It was all in vain, though, as in 1994 Sony's Playstation console hit the market and the F-1 Sensation franchise was scrapped by Konami.

Kozuki-san later became Konami's President, also in 1994 !

Some facts:

¤ Titanic sunk on 14 April.

¤ Konami's game 'Nemesis', the first Gradius adaptation for a portable system (1990):
Released in North America on 14 April.

¤ Hideo Kojima, creator of Konami's Metal Gear Solid-series is currently 49 years old.
And he released 'Snake's Revenge' in North America on 14 April, 1990.
Last edited by Jocke1 on 28 Mar 2013, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
-*:-
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

It all makes sense now, Jocke1.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Faustus wrote:It all makes sense now, Jocke1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTzs4t5_8Co
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Jocke1

Re: Conspiracy theories part 20

Post by Jocke1 »

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Webb ... 3664991968

No activity for a while, though. I wonder if there is a reason for that?
I also wonder if Webber created it himself?
Last edited by Jocke1 on 03 May 2013, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Without wanting to worry anyone but i Passed my driving test on the 14th of april 1993 (its gonna be 20 years this year) and it was my 7th Attempt
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Didn't help. I'm now officially worried.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

WeirdKerr wrote:Without wanting to worry anyone but i Passed my driving test on the 14th of april 1993 (its gonna be 20 years this year) and it was my 7th Attempt

As long as you don't leave Great Britain, I am not worried. :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Jocke1

Re: Conspiracy theories part 21

Post by Jocke1 »

I found this from Dec 16, 2010:

http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/12/16/t ... onspiracy/

Conspiracy theorists love to point out that sometimes, conspiracy theories turn out to be true. Well, of course they do. Conspiracies are often discovered. One famous one surrounds the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, which resulted in the deaths of two drivers, including that greatest of all motorsports heroes, Ayrton Senna.

It was one of the worst races ever held. In qualifying, driver Rubens Barrichello was knocked into a coma in one of the most horrific crashes ever seen. Later, F1 rookie Roland Ratzenberger was killed when he plowed into a tire barrier, dying from a basal skull fracture. All this before the race even started.

And once it did start, it got worse. An accident on the starting grid sent tires over the fence and into the spectators, injuring nine people. Two laps later, Senna, leading the race, went off the track and hit the wall, dying from a suspension bar that penetrated his helmet. This caused a long delay, sending shockwaves throughout the racing world. And then the race restarted again, and still the mayhem continued. A tire flew off a car in the pit lane, sending four mechanics to the hospital. The whole race weekend has been frequently described as a kind of bad dream, it just didn't seem real.

But racing is a dangerous sport, and we should expect such things to happen. So where was the conspiracy?

The tiny nation of San Marino is small enough that it didn't have its own race track, and so the race was actually held in Imola, Italy. Italian prosecutors ended up leveling manslaughter charges against six people, three of the heads of Senna's team and three directors of the race and the circuit. All were eventually acquitted, but two of the cases dragged on for eleven years.

It seems silly to charge people with manslaughter when someone dies in a racing accident, doesn't it? Formula One even threatened Italy with pulling all future races, saying that they wouldn't race there if they had to be liable for criminal prosecution for accidents.

But it wasn't as simple as that.

Italy has a law stating that when anyone is killed in a sporting event, that event is cancelled to allow for an investigation. Finished. Done. No exceptions. But let's see, after Ratzenberger's death, the event continued. And it even continued after Senna's death. How could that be? The race weekend should have been cancelled when Ratzenberger died. If it had been, the spectators and the mechanics would never have been injured, and Ayrton Senna would have survived.

The allegation is that Formula One and the medical staff conspired to keep the deaths of both Ratzenberger and Senna secret until they had physically left the circuit in medevac helicopters; the law applies to deaths inside the confines of the venue. Both men's times of death are listed after they left the track. So far as I'm aware, no legal action has followed this particular thread; prosecutors can't really second guess the attending physicians who were there. But there have been conflicting announcements by doctors. Some have said both men died instantly, some have said both were still breathing until after they left the circuit. Basal skull fractures almost always cause instant death, and Senna's head injuries were extensive, traumatic, and not survivable. The blood loss alone was rumored to have filled the footwell of his car.

Millions of dollars would have been lost by multiple parties had the race been cancelled. The track administrators alone stood to lose $6.5 million.

That circumstances favored theoretical conspirators does not prove a conspiracy took place. As I often say, every tragedy benefits someone somehow. Did this one happen?
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there's a conspiracy theory that Senna was in fact assassinated, and his crash was planned. It would have to be amassive cover up for this to be true, but maybe this could link to the reason why the race wasn't cancelled.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

The one about keeping the race alive is certainly possible, but I really doubt there was a hit on senna like that, if someone wanted him assassinated it would have been much easier to sabotage his helicopter for travelling to Europea events, getting access to an F1 car is much tougher. For the chopper one all it would take is a remote airfield fuel location where the flight supply was topped up with the wrong type contaminating the core supply causing a failure of the craft. Sorry do not buy he assassinated.
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

The tiny nation of San Marino is small enough that it didn't have its own race track, and so the race was actually held in Imola, Italy. Italian prosecutors ended up leveling manslaughter charges against six people, three of the heads of Senna's team and three directors of the race and the circuit. All were eventually acquitted, but two of the cases dragged on for eleven years.

It seems silly to charge people with manslaughter when someone dies in a racing accident, doesn't it?

Quite silly, but this kind of charges after a racing accident are standard procedures according to Italian law.
Eleven years for a trial it's nothing but usual in Italy.

Italy has a law stating that when anyone is killed in a sporting event, that event is cancelled to allow for an investigation. Finished. Done. No exceptions.

Not exactly: according to Italian law if anyone is killed during a sporting event, this event is cancelled. What "during a sporting event" means is not clear and cancellation can be avoided by delaying declaration of death (I know, Italian law is weird).
So it's surely true that the race wasn't cancelled because of economics interests and the same happened 15 years later when Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa died in Misano: in order to avoid to cancel the race, he was officialy declared died after even MotoGP race finished (while it seemed that some people - even some MotoGP riders - interviewed before the death announcement already knew about his death).

So in my opinion this theory it's surely true, but the theory about a planned crash in order to kill him it seems quite impossible to me. Even if it was improbable to sabotage a race car it could be not impossible, but it would have been impossible to predict the crash consequences before the crash have happened.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I am beginning to suspect that Romain Grosjean is falling more and more under the impression that when he is crouching down in his cockpit he is entering a sort of simulated world. He still doesn't consider the consequences of his actions, and here is what he said post-Monaco Grand Prix this past Sunday:
Daniel [Ricciardo] seemed to be really struggling with his rear tyres and they looked to have a lot of graining. I’d been following him for almost all of the 61 laps but I was caught out by him braking early in the middle of the circuit and there was nowhere for me to go. It’s a frustrating end to the weekend, but the real damage was done in qualifying when I didn’t get through to Q3.
That was Daniel again who I was held up by, but it certainly wasn’t my intention to end my race in the back of his car!
Now we just press the reset button and head to Canada
hopeful of a better weekend all round.

"the real damage was done in qualifying"? So all that damage between his car and Ricciardo's doesn't matter then?
And the "real damage", according to Romain, was that he didn't get through to Q3. The fact that he smashed his car in the wall in each session seems to slip his mind altogether.

I can't believe how easily he just brushes it off his shoulder. Oblivious to the fact that every crash matters, and that they should be avoided at all times if possible.
And using the phrase "press the reset button" isn't helping him at all. :?

And last year when he finished 2nd in Canada:
Q: (Kate Walker - Girl Racer) Romain, earlier this weekend, you said that this was your favourite circuit because you learned it on Playstation. Do you think Playstation was a contributing factor to your strong performance today?
RG: I think I should say X-Box or Microsoft. It’s true that on a video game it’s my favourite track and looking at it, it’s quite interesting. It’s more bumpy than on X-Box sitting on a sofa, but it’s pretty interesting and when you have a good result in a race, normally you quite like it and so I’m pretty happy about today.

I think Romain should stop playing F1 games on consoles effective immediately, because he clearly is incapable of distinguishing reality and virtual reality.
He must be confused when he drops his visor down, not knowing whether he is in his sofa or on the real racetrack.
Roll on Montreal...

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:

It seems silly to charge people with manslaughter when someone dies in a racing accident, doesn't it?

Quite silly, but this kind of charges after a racing accident are standard procedures according to Italian law.
Eleven years for a trial it's nothing but usual in Italy.

Italy has a law stating that when anyone is killed in a sporting event, that event is cancelled to allow for an investigation. Finished. Done. No exceptions.

Not exactly: according to Italian law if anyone is killed during a sporting event, this event is cancelled. What "during a sporting event" means is not clear and cancellation can be avoided by delaying declaration of death (I know, Italian law is weird).
So it's surely true that the race wasn't cancelled because of economics interests and the same happened 15 years later when Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa died in Misano: in order to avoid to cancel the race, he was officialy declared died after even MotoGP race finished (while it seemed that some people - even some MotoGP riders - interviewed before the death announcement already knew about his death).

So in my opinion this theory it's surely true, but the theory about a planned crash in order to kill him it seems quite impossible to me. Even if it was improbable to sabotage a race car it could be not impossible, but it would have been impossible to predict the crash consequences before the crash have happened.

About Italian law; I've never understood it at all. All of the time, I see people being sentenced to X years in jail, but then never actually setting foot in a jail. For example, Luciano Moggi, sentenced to five years in prison for fraud, yet has never been sent to a prison. Ditto Berlusconi. What's up with that?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Stramala wrote: About Italian law; I've never understood it at all. All of the time, I see people being sentenced to X years in jail, but then never actually setting foot in a jail. For example, Luciano Moggi, sentenced to five years in prison for fraud, yet has never been sent to a prison. Ditto Berlusconi. What's up with that?

:?:

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

The stars are aligned today for Max 'Talent' Chilton. Remains to be seen if it is a good or bad omen.
I noticed while watching his interview with Sky yesterday that something strange was up with his face.
I hadn't seen it before.

He actually has Orions Belt on his face in the shape of a few birthmarks.
If this had been 30,000 years ago, the Neanderthals would believe Max had been a sort of God-like human sent down to earth.
Wearing the "lights-in-the-sky" on his face.
They would treat him as a King. Or kill him for fear of the unknown.

These five points on his face are a perfect match for the Bellatrix, Mintaka, Alnilam, Alnitak and Rigel stars in the Orion constellation.
The Belt consisting of the three bright stars Zeta (Alnitak), Epsilon (Alnilam), and Delta (Mintaka).

What about the number 7 in the garage in the background from where the interview took place?

Well, the Orion constellation has 7 Main stars. And Max Chilton has 7 Formula One Grand Prix starts. :?

And there are actually two stars, also in the Orion constellation, named Chi 1 and Chi 2. :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi1_Orionis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi2_Orionis

Looking at this as a bad omen, I fear that Max will suffer a career-ending injury in a few hours time.
Because how can this be a good one? There is nothing kind or good in cold outer space.

To the North of the Orion constellation lies the Taurus constellation. And you can actually fit the letters M A X in between the Taurus stars, by drawing perfectly straight lines. :?

The name Taurus is a Latin word meaning "bull", and its astrological symbol is a stylized bull's head.
So perhaps Max will pull through the British GP unscathed after all and sign a contract with Toro Rosso?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Jocke1 wrote:The name Taurus is a Latin word meaning "bull", and its astrological symbol is a stylized bull's head.
So perhaps Max will pull through the British GP unscathed after all and sign a contract with Toro Rosso?

Which is pretty much a career-ending injury anyway.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

tommykl wrote: Which is pretty much a career-ending injury anyway.

Then how about replacing Webber in Red Taurus? I mean Red Bull.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Lots of rumors flying about right now on twitter.
Apparently there is an amateur photograph circulating the internet, taken by a Silverstone spectator during the drivers parade before the race.
It is supposed to show a close-up of Giedo van der Garde dropping a hand-full of razor blades onto the circuit at the exit of turn 5.
It was uploaded to Facebook for a brief moment but got taken down almost immediately.
Cyril Abiteboul might have something to do with this as well...
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Jocke1 wrote:

Lots of rumors flying about right now on twitter.
Apparently there is an amateur photograph circulating the internet, taken by a Silverstone spectator during the drivers parade before the race.
It is supposed to show a close-up of Giedo van der Garde dropping a hand-full of razor blades onto the circuit at the exit of turn 5.
It was uploaded to Facebook for a brief moment but got taken down almost immediately.

Any links to the tweets or the picture?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

andrew2209 wrote: Any links to the tweets or the picture?

Yes, I had them. Was going to post it, however my computer was hi-jacked and they were deleted externally.
I suspect someone at Caterham did it.
Perhaps someone else has them?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Jocke1 wrote:
andrew2209 wrote: Any links to the tweets or the picture?

Yes, I had them. Was going to post it, however my computer was hi-jacked and they were deleted externally.
I suspect someone at Caterham did it.
Perhaps someone else has them?

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Here's a more serious one: are FIA and the stewards so lenient towards Mercedes' rule infringements on purpose to make the championship tighter by having more challengers in the title fight? First the tyre affair and now Rosberg's apparent ignoring of yellow flags, both of which brought the team almost no penalty at all.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Nuppiz wrote:Here's a more serious one: are FIA and the stewards so lenient towards Mercedes' rule infringements on purpose to make the championship tighter by having more challengers in the title fight? First the tyre affair and now Rosberg's apparent ignoring of yellow flags, both of which brought the team almost no penalty at all.

Both penalties seem extremely lenient. I was expecting Rosberg to lose his win with the yellow flag infringement, and the penalty for the tyre test was surprisingly lenient to me.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Here's a more serious one: are FIA and the stewards so lenient towards Mercedes' rule infringements on purpose to make the championship tighter by having more challengers in the title fight? First the tyre affair and now Rosberg's apparent ignoring of yellow flags, both of which brought the team almost no penalty at all.

Both penalties seem extremely lenient. I was expecting Rosberg to lose his win with the yellow flag infringement, and the penalty for the tyre test was surprisingly lenient to me.

I expected the tyre test penalty to be lenient because the whole thing was the FIA covering their incompetent asses.

As for Rosberg only getting a reprimand, well, I for one am glad we're not getting races settled in the stewards' office anymore.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Jocke1 wrote:Lots of rumors flying about right now on twitter.

Someone suggested to me that the razor blades could be deposited to cause punctures, as Turn 5 leads to the Wellington Straight...
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Has anyone given it a thought as to why half of this season's qualifying sessions have been wet/damp, whereas only one-eighth of the races this season have been wet?

Has Bernie gone through with his idea of artificial rain?

Something more on the above topic..as we speak, the Nurburgring Friday forecast has just turned "Rainy". That means another washed-out practice session, possibly. This hits those teams hard, who have brought new updates to a weekend, as was the case with Lotus in Silverstone.

As Lotus are not able to properly utilise their updates (due to inclement weather on Friday), they're going further behind the top teams every weekend. Not something Kimi Raikkonen will like. So is Bernie introducing artificial rain to help in Kimi's decision to jump ship to Red Bull?

And (another evil twist :twisted: ), if Vettel vetoes that move, will that mean Raikkonen will go out of the sport altogether? So Bernie is introducing artificial rain to make sure that the Iceman leaves? We know he's no fan of the Iceman, having said in the past that he hasn't done much to promote the sport...

So, is it possible?
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

wsrgo wrote:Has anyone given it a thought as to why half of this season's qualifying sessions have been wet/damp, whereas only one-eighth of the races this season have been wet?

Has Bernie gone through with his idea of artificial rain?

Something more on the above topic..as we speak, the Nurburgring Friday forecast has just turned "Rainy". That means another washed-out practice session, possibly. This hits those teams hard, who have brought new updates to a weekend, as was the case with Lotus in Silverstone.

As Lotus are not able to properly utilise their updates (due to inclement weather on Friday), they're going further behind the top teams every weekend. Not something Kimi Raikkonen will like. So is Bernie introducing artificial rain to help in Kimi's decision to jump ship to Red Bull?

And (another evil twist :twisted: ), if Vettel vetoes that move, will that mean Raikkonen will go out of the sport altogether? So Bernie is introducing artificial rain to make sure that the Iceman leaves? We know he's no fan of the Iceman, having said in the past that he hasn't done much to promote the sport...

So, is it possible?

I knew it!
I've been sitting on some information for quite some time now, this seems like a good time to spill the beans.
Even if it is risky.

Following the death of Ayrton Senna, some people pointed towards Bernie Ecclestone as secretly having murdered the Brazilian.
F1 fans started to miss Senna and called the sport boring.
Bernie and FOM was looking at ways to get a leg up over other motorsport classes following this, in terms of popularity.
The Americans had come close to destroying F1 by growing larger and larger fanbases for their domestic series Nascar and Indycar.

Bernie had developed a taste for preparation. F1 survived pretty well between 1995-2001. But when Michael Schumacher started his 2002 and 2004 romps, winning practically everything, Bernie looked to the skies for an advantage.

The FOCA (Formula One Constructors' Association, which Bernie is President & CEO of)
began experimenting with cloud seeding before the 2003 season.
By impregnating the clouds with the particles needed to create a severe thunderstorm, FOCA could effectively thwart the movement of certain cars at some GPs if they would so wish.

And even literally rain out some sessions. But the cloud-seeding project went terribly awry.

It's not that the experiments with cloud seeding didn't work. It worked too well.
They started out "slow", using the technique (still not perfected) during the Marlboro Grand Prix of Brazil in 2003 at Interlagos.
http://youtu.be/IwVV1Mr-_uc

To avoid people and media to become suspicous, FOCA waited until the Grand Prix of Europe in 2007 at the Nurburgring, to use their software technique next.
http://youtu.be/69JUz9BDrXQ

But it didn't work. Afterwards, the NDET investigated rumors that FOCA had seeded the clouds over England during test runs.
The National Domestic Extremism Team (NDET) is a police unit set up within the association of Chief Police Officers (England and Wales) to provide a dedicated response to tackling domestic extremism. This team co-ordinates operations and investigations nationally, working closely in England and Wales with the Crown Prosecution Service which has set up a complementary network of prosecutors with specialist expertise in domestic extremism.

The Unit was led by an officer of the rank of Detective Chief Inspector, his name was Jerry Thakwell.
But since November 21st, 2007, he has gone missing and is presumed dead. His family was clueless to the event and stated that "Daddy just didn't come home one day."

NDET turned up first-person accounts of some of the pilots who were involved in FOCA's top-secret mission called "Operation Cumulus".
During this particular August 2002 operation (at the height of Schumacher's boring supremacy), FOCA pilots flew above the cloud line, dropping payloads of dry ice, salt and silver iodide.

After just 30 minutes, rain began to fall from the infected clouds at the small village they tested it on.
At first, the FOCA pilots -- dubbed "jolly good rainmakers" by Ecclestone -- reputedly celebrated their success. But within the week a deluge began. By the end of the month the small village and a nearby community (to be remained unnamed) near the site of the cloud-seeding experiment, experienced 250 times the normal amount of rainfall.

On September 19th, an estimated 90 million tons of water coursed through the village in just one day. Entire trees were uprooted, forming dams and allowing the tide of the river flowing through to grow even stronger in force. Boulders were carried by the current, destroying buildings and carrying residents into the sea.

In all, 35 Britons lost their lives that day as a result of the torrential rain.

FOCA had all the villagers friends and relatives murdered as well, in order to avoid anyone missing someone.
They completely erased the event from happening.
Should the need arise, FOCA would maintain that it had not experimented with cloud seeding, instead speculating that this was the work of terrorists.

Bernie didn't utilise this technique for some time.
But now when Kimi is more boring than ever (according to Bernie), and isn't "doing much to promote the sport", Bernie has started his rain campaign once more.
To liven things up once again.

And the result is seen right before our very eyes. Roll on Germany...