Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
flattyre

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by flattyre »

Technically this might be cheating (I already welcomed myself here well over a year ago)

BUT...
I'm going to make myself welcome again because I ended up hibernating for a year :D Hello again, hopefully the stay is permanent this time!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

flattyre wrote:Technically this might be cheating (I already welcomed myself here well over a year ago)

BUT...
I'm going to make myself welcome again because I ended up hibernating for a year :D Hello again, hopefully the stay is permanent this time!

Welcome back!
#FreeGonzo
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

I've been lurking for a long time so I thought I might as well sign up whilst I'm bored at uni!

Greetings earthlings!

I'm trying to sort myself out an avatar but in stunning reject fashion I can't find a pic small enough to fit - what am I doing wrong?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Izzyeviel wrote:I've been lurking for a long time so I thought I might as well sign up whilst I'm bored at uni!

Greetings earthlings!

I'm trying to sort myself out an avatar but in stunning reject fashion I can't find a pic small enough to fit - what am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the madhouse! If you've been lurking, then you know what you're getting yourself into, so that makes us completely irresponsible for any eventual mental health issue caused by this forum :P

As for the avatar, if you post a picture you'd like to use, resizing it won't be an issue.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bobby Doorknobs

Izzyeviel wrote:I've been lurking for a long time so I thought I might as well sign up whilst I'm bored at uni!

Greetings earthlings!

Welcome, visitor from another planet! Unless that was supposed to say "fellow earthlings". You're still welcome anyway :)
#FreeGonzo
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Thanks for the welcome, I think I've sorted my avatar our. I thought it was quite representative of me, always getting lost and ending up in places I shouldn't be!

And yes, London is a completely different world to the rest of the planet. :ugeek:
Adventuris

Post by Adventuris »

Hello. I'm new as a poster, but not as a reader. I have a question or two but I'm not really certain about where to ask them.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Adventuris wrote:Hello. I'm new as a poster, but not as a reader. I have a question or two but I'm not really certain about where to ask them.

Ask here, and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Welcome!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
Adventuris wrote:Hello. I'm new as a poster, but not as a reader. I have a question or two but I'm not really certain about where to ask them.

Ask here, and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Welcome!

Yeah, what Susie said :P

Seriously, if you ask something here, you can expect a few reasonable answers. And indeed, welcome to the forum!
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Adventuris

Post by Adventuris »

What's confusing to me is how these fictitious championships work. All I'd really need is just a very quick run down like what games are used...if I'm allowed to enter as 'manager' or as a 'driver' etcera..Basically how to enter one. That's all.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Adventuris wrote:What's confusing to me is how these fictitious championships work. All I'd really need is just a very quick run down like what games are used...if I'm allowed to enter as 'manager' or as a 'driver' etcera..Basically how to enter one. That's all.

There's a bunch of different games used for the various series. Some of the most common are rFactor, F1 Challenge, and Grand Prix 2. GTR2 and NR2003 are also used.

To enter a team, generally there will be some form of entry form where you declare what drivers you will be entering, along with any other necessary information. To enter a driver, simply advertise their availability in this thread. New drivers will probably want to start out in one of the entry level series, such as the Leon Supercopa, Eurasian F3, or AR2.0.

Hope that helps, and enjoy your stay!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bobby Doorknobs

Adventuris wrote:What's confusing to me is how these fictitious championships work. All I'd really need is just a very quick run down like what games are used...if I'm allowed to enter as 'manager' or as a 'driver' etcera..Basically how to enter one. That's all.

Yeah, I can understand how you feel. I pretty much avoided the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum altogether (with the exception of the Black Stig Memorial Forum) when I first joined. Once you get into it though, it's not so complicated. And of course, welcome!
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

There's this PMMF introduction thread I wrote a couple of years ago: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6120

It still holds mostly true and should clarify the basics.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Valentino Lavaggi

Post by Valentino Lavaggi »

Hi there

I was part of the old F1 Rejects forums, but I don't think I ever did post anything but I completly forgot my username anyway. :facepalm:

I hope I'm more active in a forum like this rather than just put a couple of posts at the start and then forget about it.

Hopefully I'll try and join in the other forums rather than just this subject :oops:
Bobby Doorknobs

Valentino Lavaggi wrote:Hi there

I was part of the old F1 Rejects forums, but I don't think I ever did post anything but I completly forgot my username anyway. :facepalm:

I hope I'm more active in a forum like this rather than just put a couple of posts at the start and then forget about it.

Hopefully I'll try and join in the other forums rather than just this subject :oops:

Welcome! I love your username! :)
#FreeGonzo
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Nuppiz wrote:There's this PMMF introduction thread I wrote a couple of years ago: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6120

It still holds mostly true and should clarify the basics.

Too much text in that post. Reading makes brain hurt. Hulk smash puny text!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

Greetings from New York.

Amidst a bout of insomnia last night, Saw a Twitter post from @WhenF1WasDifferent linking here to the long post about Lola's colossal failure in F1 and immediately knew I had to join. I recently found the F1Archives Vimeo channel and have been hooked on the old uploads, especially. The most intriguing ones, to me, are from 1989-1991 thanks to the variety of makes and names in the sport at the time in comparison to the huge stars of that era.

I chose this username/avatar in tribute to the late, great James Hunt's comment about Phillippe Alliot from Suzuka 1989.
girry

Post by girry »

Welcome!
when you're dead people start listening
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:Greetings from New York.

Amidst a bout of insomnia last night, Saw a Twitter post from @WhenF1WasDifferent linking here to the long post about Lola's colossal failure in F1 and immediately knew I had to join. I recently found the F1Archives Vimeo channel and have been hooked on the old uploads, especially. The most intriguing ones, to me, are from 1989-1991 thanks to the variety of makes and names in the sport at the time in comparison to the huge stars of that era.

I chose this username/avatar in tribute to the late, great James Hunt's comment about Phillippe Alliot from Suzuka 1989.

Welcome to GPRejects! Great choice in username, I have to say, one of the best I've seen in the forum.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

WaffleCat wrote:

Welcome to GPRejects! Great choice in username, I have to say, one of the best I've seen in the forum.

Cheers, thanks! Glad to be here.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I was born on the same day as Philippe Alliot... although 23 years later.

Not a lot of people know that.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dinizintheoven wrote:I was born on the same day as Philippe Alliot... although 23 years later.

In typical Philippe Alliot style, your birth was also an accident. :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Welcome!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

This wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I was born on the same day as Philippe Alliot... although 23 years later.

In typical Philippe Alliot style, your birth was also an accident. :P

The only "accident" was that it didn't happen two or three years earlier, which is annoying because I could have had a more useful driving licence rather than what I've got now.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Amidst a bout of insomnia last night, Saw a Twitter post from @WhenF1WasDifferent linking here to the long post about Lola's colossal failure in F1 and immediately knew I had to join.

Nice to know that my thread is gaining publicity, even if I wouldn't have known anything about it until you mentioned it! Just looked it up, and today, they are using a few more images from that thread.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Hi Guys I'm From Ottawa Canada And I'm A Racing Fan
And An NR2003 Offline Racer on EFR and other stuff heck you guys share the formularejects wiki site :D
I'm Also Here For Leagues
Anyways
The People Of The World Are Awesome And Cars
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Bobby Doorknobs

Dexter249 wrote:Hi Guys I'm From Ottawa Canada And I'm A Racing Fan
And An NR2003 Offline Racer on EFR and other stuff heck you guys share the formularejects wiki site :D
I'm Also Here For Leagues
Anyways
The People Of The World Are Awesome And Cars

Welcome!
#FreeGonzo
Spaitor
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Spaitor »

Hi Guys, Just became a member, specifically to Support the Rejects that make the world of F1 so interesting. Not sure about mentioning other websites but if you google "The Rejects Podcast Preview, Jamie & Enoch tell us what we can expect from their first rejects podcast of 2016." Looks like the boys are coming back.
Bobby Doorknobs

Spaitor wrote:Hi Guys, Just became a member, specifically to Support the Rejects that make the world of F1 so interesting. Not sure about mentioning other websites but if you google "The Rejects Podcast Preview, Jamie & Enoch tell us what we can expect from their first rejects podcast of 2016." Looks like the boys are coming back.

Welcome to the madhouse, friend! And yes, we are all very well aware of the upcoming return of the F1 Rejects Podcast. Jamie himself even announced it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7696
#FreeGonzo
vinceg

Post by vinceg »

Hi lurked for a while and thought I'd best sign up and join in, loved the old rejects site and was gutted when I found out a few weeks ago it was no more. Expect a very inglorious GP2 career story to pop up sometime soon
Vince
Bobby Doorknobs

vinceg wrote:Hi lurked for a while and thought I'd best sign up and join in, loved the old rejects site and was gutted when I found out a few weeks ago it was no more. Expect a very inglorious GP2 career story to pop up sometime soon
Vince

Welcome, Vince!
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

vinceg wrote:Hi lurked for a while and thought I'd best sign up and join in, loved the old rejects site and was gutted when I found out a few weeks ago it was no more. Expect a very inglorious GP2 career story to pop up sometime soon
Vince

Welcome matey!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Oh, hello there. I've been lurking here for a bit, right around the time the original F1R site was in doubt. Reading up on these unsuccessful (for w/e reason) teams and drivers gave me a better perspective on evaluating drivers and teams, and of course the obviously farcical teams and unworthy drivers make for humorous reading. I thought it was time to join in on the fun here after beating around the bush for a while.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Spaitor wrote:Hi Guys, Just became a member, specifically to Support the Rejects that make the world of F1 so interesting. Not sure about mentioning other websites but if you google "The Rejects Podcast Preview, Jamie & Enoch tell us what we can expect from their first rejects podcast of 2016." Looks like the boys are coming back.
Vince
lance_rambert wrote:Oh, hello there. I've been lurking here for a bit, right around the time the original F1R site was in doubt. Reading up on these unsuccessful (for w/e reason) teams and drivers gave me a better perspective on evaluating drivers and teams, and of course the obviously farcical teams and unworthy drivers make for humorous reading. I thought it was time to join in on the fun here after beating around the bush for a while.

Yes! Hello everyone! Good to see lurkers converting into bonafide members! Hopefully there should be more interesting stuff appearing in the coming days/weeks to keep that reject thirst properly quenched :glasses:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
janesill

Post by janesill »

Hey guys, I just wanna touch base. My name is Jane Sill. Sill is short for Sillapakalgun. Yeah it's kinda long. My father is a Thai national. They tend to have long Surnames. I am a very simple girl and I love motorsports and football! So, that's it! See you around!
Euro 2016 news editor
Bobby Doorknobs

janesill wrote:Hey guys, I just wanna touch base. My name is Jane Sill. Sill is short for Sillapakalgun. Yeah it's kinda long. My father is a Thai national. They tend to have long Surnames. I am a very simple girl and I love motorsports and football! So, that's it! See you around!

A very fine welcome to you!
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

janesill wrote:Hey guys, I just wanna touch base. My name is Jane Sill. Sill is short for Sillapakalgun. Yeah it's kinda long. My father is a Thai national. They tend to have long Surnames. I am a very simple girl and I love motorsports and football! So, that's it! See you around!

We know this all too well. You could corner the market on a Prince Bira fanclub I suppose :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

janesill wrote: My name is Jane Sill. Sill is short for Sillapakalgun. Yeah it's kinda long

Welcome janesill, buckle up, it could be a bumpy ride.

As far as surnames go if you were one of my lads favourite football players you would've saved me a quid as I just had to fork out to have "Schweinsteiger" printed on the back of a shirt at £1 a letter!

If only he liked "Mata" I could've bought The Force Awakens with the change.
Just For One Day...
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

Hi!!

I've been a fond reader of the old F1rejects website, spent a lot of time going through all the articles (the excuse was that i was just improving my English vocabulary).

Btw, at the Hungarian GP I saw some footage of the great Zsolt Baumgartner and...yeah...the rejects' world came back into my mind and let me say that some of the stuff here is really great :)
Bobby Doorknobs

EuroBrun wrote:Hi!!

I've been a fond reader of the old F1rejects website, spent a lot of time going through all the articles (the excuse was that i was just improving my English vocabulary).

Btw, at the Hungarian GP I saw some footage of the great Zsolt Baumgartner and...yeah...the rejects' world came back into my mind and let me say that some of the stuff here is really great :)

This thread is a lot quieter than it used to be, but I digress, welcome!

Although I would be careful about using that Hungarian fellow's name in the future; too sacred to be spoken by mortal mouths. Around here it's HWNSNBM ;)
#FreeGonzo