090329 Melbourne Sunday Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

090329 Melbourne Sunday Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Well, we've just posted our Sunday Edition of the F1 Rejects podcast from Melbourne. Thanks to Tim and Michael for taking part!

The BIG NEWS of course is that it features our interview with ZB - "He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned"! Hope you enjoy it, feel free to post your comments, criticisms, opinions, etc below...

Cheers,
Jamie
Bleu

Re: 090329 Melbourne Sunday Edition

Post by Bleu »

Great to hear that you were able to get interview with HWNSNBM. I agree with most things you talked there, and great choice for ROTR!
nit

Post by nit »

WOOOOOW well done guys on the interview and good on him for doing the interview and you guys are totally right!! quick question could honda be up for rejects of the season? if brawn carry on in this fashion?
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Great podcast! Awesome to hear ZB himself. He really sounded desperate for a drive. This makes me even more motivated to start a race team someday. ZB driving one of my cars, what a dream would that be...
"A Ferrari is a scaled down version of God" - Jeremy Clarkson
Ide

Post by Ide »

Another top-notch podcast guys :)
It's nice to hear from Zsolt, he was never really interviewed very much when he was in F1 - he sounded genuinely happy to be interviewed!
Zsolt's a nice guy, he's obviously itching to get some sort of drive somewhere, so good luck to him wherever he goes next!
If there's a car to crash in your neighbourhood,
Who you gonna call?
Yuji Ide!
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

First off, great podcast and not just for HWNSNBM. Almost as good was hearing Jamie and Enoch say the legend's name together.

I think Jamie and Enoch are onto something here with the Zsolt-USF1 idea. Peter Windsor all but confirmed over the weekend that they will employ two Americans next season, but why? A brand new team would need an experienced hand to help them along. Our man is keeping in physical shape with the Minardi F1X2 program, needs a ride, has experience in both F1 and the US, and most importantly as was pointed out, saved Jenson Button's life to allow the Briton to win the Hungarian GP and this weekend, where ZB made his debut on the F1 Rejects Podcast.

Having annouced they will conduct factory tours in the future, USF1 claims they want be a team of the people. What the people want is He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Not listened to the Saturday or Sunday podcasts yet, mainly as I normally listen to them whilst cycling (so that'll be tomorrow), really looking forward to it as the F1 Rejects podcasts are the best podcasts ever and I don't know what I would do if they ever stopped. ;) The interview with HWNSNBM is something I am really looking forward too. :)

Brawn GP did themselves a injustice by coming 1st and 2nd and in a single stroke took them out of ever appearing on the F1 Rejects team profile page, doesn't Brawn know how famous he could be if he appeared on thee hallowed pages? :lol: Although as Force India do seem as exciting as a toilet brush and Torro Rosso not being Minardi, I will still have to give my backing to Brawn GP, although I still think they should call themselves Super Ross. :D Okay maybe not
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
AmericanTifosi

Post by AmericanTifosi »

Great Podcast as usual. What a race! I stayed up untill 3:00 am (US time) to watch it.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

A picture of the F1 Rejects guys in action on Sunday. Michael and Tim (me), former competition winners from F1 Rejects being interviewed for the Podcast.

It was great to meet the guys and was also impressed by the F1 rejects uniform that was more interesting than what the BBC boffins were strewn in.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Personally, I don't think Honda should be Rejects of the Race for jumping ship.....I Think Ross Brawn, now that He OWNS the team probably has more freedom to do whatever he wants with his team. Something he most likely never had with Honda....

So you have the already developed Honda Chassis, coupled with Brawns newfound freedom to do whatever he wants and you end up with the fastest car, thus far, of the season.

I think Honda's Reject status should be because they didn't give Brawn free reign when they were here.......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

After rewatching Kubica's attempted pass on Vettel several times, I must complain that your podcast deserves reject status!

It is my view that the same thing happened as at Japan last year(between Massa and Bourdais); the passing driver squeezed in too much, assuming that the inner driver would slam on the brakes and let him by. Vettel appeared to me to make a mistake and lock the brakes, but even still, Kubica did not leave enough room on the inside of the track for a Formula One car to go through. Vettel would have been unable to make the corner even if he hadn't whacked Kubica in the side.

ROTR was also incorrect. In fact, ROTR should be given to Mark Webber for once again failing to prove me wrong as I bet on him as the race's first retirement.
Max Mosley for ROTY 2009
ZBF1

Post by ZBF1 »

i think there should be more 3 day podcasts

it may kill you guys but i think it was a great idea
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Robbie wrote:After rewatching Kubica's attempted pass on Vettel several times, I must complain that your podcast deserves reject status!

It is my view that the same thing happened as at Japan last year(between Massa and Bourdais); the passing driver squeezed in too much, assuming that the inner driver would slam on the brakes and let him by. Vettel appeared to me to make a mistake and lock the brakes, but even still, Kubica did not leave enough room on the inside of the track for a Formula One car to go through.

G'day Robbie - hey, our podcast always deserves reject status!

Like I said on the 'cast - you could argue Kubica was optimistic. But it certainly was enough of a racing incident for Vettel's penalty to be a laughing stock!
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

TimmyB wrote:A picture of the F1 Rejects guys in action on Sunday. Michael and Tim (me), former competition winners from F1 Rejects being interviewed for the Podcast.

It was great to meet the guys and was also impressed by the F1 rejects uniform that was more interesting than what the BBC boffins were strewn in.

Thanks Tim for the pic! Hope your mate enjoyed his first F1 experience. Thanks also for helping us out on the podcast. The listener input added a certain je ne sais quoi to the weekend's proceedings. It was great to meet up with all our 5 participants - after all, there are very few people with whom Enoch and I can chat about Chanoch Nissany and Sergei Zlobin in person...
KSvt

Post by KSvt »

Hey guys--first post. Thanks for creating a forum!

And I want to congratulate you on the three tremendously entertaining podcasts over the weekend. It gave me a real feel for what a race weekend is like, even though I'm stuck watching limited coverage on SPEED TV in the U.S. You might be glad to know, however, that as a former second-place finisher in an F1 Rejects competition (the Honda "backronym" contest), I was sporting my F1 Rejects hat all weekend, much to the puzzlement of all in Seattle.

Anyway, keep up the great work--hope you can make the live Aussie GP coverage an annual tradition.
Chilled Phill

Post by Chilled Phill »

Loved the interview with HWNSNBM. :D

Although you both made an interesting discussion about the result if the appeal on April 14th (?) will be successful. Possibility of Hamilton emulating John Watson...? :lol: And a possible début podium for a driver for the second time in three years as well... ;)
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Thanks Jamie and Enoch for all your work this weekend. I know you had a blast, and by taking us with you I think the listenership had almost as much fun as you guys! The big question is, will you struggle for motivation after YOUR PINNACLE INTERVIEW WITH ZB! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MOMENT FOR ALL OF US! LONG LIVE ZB!
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Thanks for the forum, and a great weekend of podcasts!

Cheers...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I think I'll start to listen for these, now that they finally work on my computer :lol:

Also, thanks for the forum. A good place to have a chat about F1 in general, but also about the reject drivers and the site itself!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Hey Jamie and Enoch.

First of all thanks for all the stuff you've done with the website, forum, podcast etc as I am one of the few people who has listened to every one of your f1 rejects podcasts.

Secondly and more importantly there is a slight error in your podcast. During the One HD broadcast Brundle and the other commentator (Wow forgot his name already) had mentioned multiple times that Brawn GP are the first team to finish 1-2 since the Mercedes Team in the 1954 French GP. So technically speaking their not the first but who remembers the 1950s anyway? :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

HELLO, I WANTED TO KNOW FROM WHICH ALBUM IS THAT SONG "LOOSER" WHICH YOU PLAY AT END OF PODCAST?? AND WHO IS THE ARTIST?? I HAVE STARTED LIKING IT..........................
:o :shock:
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Nin13 wrote:HELLO, I WANTED TO KNOW FROM WHICH ALBUM IS THAT SONG "LOOSER" WHICH YOU PLAY AT END OF PODCAST?? AND WHO IS THE ARTIST?? I HAVE STARTED LIKING IT..........................
:o :shock:
James Darren is the singer.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
guugoo

Post by guugoo »

i wanted to see a video podcast, specially when ZB went on about his "achievements" in F1, just to see the expression on your two faces. were you able to keep it straight???
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Who, may I ask, was Reject of the Race? I can't download podcasts, so I'm in the dark, and the write-up hasn't been uploaded yet (is there even going to be a write-up?) ...
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Reject of the Race went to Honda, for selling up the team right when their hard work was about to pay off, if I'm not mistaken.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
McLaren Racing

Post by McLaren Racing »

Did I miss it or was there no mention of ferrari in the Sunday podcast? Ah well, it they've taken note and really gone to town on going for a 'reject of the race award' in Sepang.

I know you guys are closet ferrari fans, but surely you can't ignore their incompetance this time around?
74 76 84 85 86 88 89 90 91 98 99 08. & 09? Proud McLaren fan since 1974, winners in Can-Am, Le Mans, F1 & Indy 500

"Ron Dennis will always be a great person. He & his team have done some extraordinary work over the last decades."
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

You got to love the Honda fat cat on the review :lol:
Fat cat is not pleased! :evil:
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thanks again for the great ZB interview on there. He clearly wasn't aware that his biggest fans are the listeners of your podcast. Hopefully, you can stay in contact with him so he can update you on whatever goes on in his driving career.

By the way, is the next podcast going to be a Malayese one? Or a Chinaysian?
I guess you are going to wait until the WMSC has spoken on the legal issues in question, to discuss the outcome, so maybe there will be a Malaysian edition.
But I guess there hasn't been a Chirainian edition yet, or a Bahnese one? I'm curious as to what kind of a location mash-up word you will come up with :-)

Happy Easter
Y.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Waris

Post by Waris »

The interview was awesome, and legendary!!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS