F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
WaffleCat

Re: F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

Post by WaffleCat »

Here's my entry,hoping not to be as rejectful as last time.It's the Sifan Street circuit

The start line is on the bridge,with the pits almost directly underneath as the cars barrel into turn 1,a sharp right hander after one of the longest straights on the circuit.After that comes turn 2,a fast left hand kink that sets the run down into turn 3,a chicane to break the high speeds momentarily.The long,sweeping turn 4 leads into turns 5 and 6,the Twin Sisters,two fast kinks form a super fast left-right chicane,definitely causing trouble as the drivers try to find the brake into turn 7,a slow 90 degree right.Turn 8 is another fast right kink,which is flat-out and also like turn 8 at Adelaide.This sets up cars to pass on turn 9,before heading into another kink in turn 10.Finally,cars will sweep around Roundabout at turn 11,exiting off a narrow side road onto the main straight once again.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Alright, here's my final entry, the Peoples' Glorious Monument to Performance Engineering and Competition through Socially-Accepted Values of Right-Thinking, Political Conservatism and Economic Management, which is located on the western edge of Zhongshan Park (or, if you're in Map view, the middle of the ocean):

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=5538022
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Klon wrote:I do not know what is worse: actually using the rather pathetic loophole of tommykl not banning us from tearing down things, that my track still sucks despite of doing so or that I actually did research on Chinese gold medal winners to name the corners after?

I may not have said that you couldn't tear things down, but I said you could only use existing roads :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tommykl wrote:
Klon wrote:I do not know what is worse: actually using the rather pathetic loophole of tommykl not banning us from tearing down things, that my track still sucks despite of doing so or that I actually did research on Chinese gold medal winners to name the corners after?

I may not have said that you couldn't tear things down, but I said you could only use existing roads :lol:

Which I did so my track is legit. :P
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Klon wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Which I did so my track is legit. :P

No it's not, you cut through buildings using roads that aren't there before you build them yourself :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tommykl wrote:No it's not, you cut through buildings using roads that aren't there before you build them yourself :P

No, I didn't. I used the small parking lot (that is technically a road) for turns 3 and 4 and then I used a connecting piece of asphalt which was already there for the stretch between 17 and 18.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Klon wrote:
tommykl wrote:No it's not, you cut through buildings using roads that aren't there before you build them yourself :P

No, I didn't. I used the small parking lot (that is technically a road) for turns 3 and 4 and then I used a connecting piece of asphalt which was already there for the stretch between 17 and 18.

My bad, I didn't notice the roads there.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

My entry: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5538371

Main features:
* 1.5km Valencia style straight.
* 25 corners
* Technical section
* Sweeping corners
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Okay, here's my design: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5538395

Who said street circuits need to be tight and twisty? :P

The start/finish line is at the top right of the circuit, with the track running anti-clockwise, this means off the line it's a balls-out thrash, through the left handed kink of turn 1, and then down, flat out along the straight to the double left hander of turns 2 and 3, which would act as an excellent overtaking opportunity. At this point, the track has already covered 3 kilometres, and the second sector begins on the exit of turn 3.

Sector two is quite a bit different from the full throttle sector 1, a short straight leads into the two 90 degree turns of 4 and 5, a right and then a left, bringing the track onto the waterfront. The track curves slightly to the right, and is then followed by the turn 6 left handed curve, taking it away from the water and back inland. Another short straight follows with a slight kink towards its end, before two more 90 degree turns, the left handed turn 7 followed immediately by the right handed turn 8. This then concludes the more technical sector two.

The final sector, beginning on the exit of turn 8, is mostly high speed like sector 1. A slight kink to the right leads on to a long straight which is ended by another great overtaking opportunity into the difficult and tight turn 9, which is almost a hairpin. Out of there is another short straight, and into the final corner, the turn 10 left hander, a simple 90 degree turn, and it's then hard on the power, and over the line to complete the lap.

The circuit benefits from having quite a nice surrounding environment, in the centre of the city with numerous monuments and skyscrapers in and around the area, as well as the waterfront through sector 2. There's also quite a few areas where overtaking could be expected, and the high speed nature of much of it would make a great spectacle.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=5538420
(Go off the map, not the satellite as it's well out... no one races amphibious vehicles yet :lol: )

At a touch under 7km, this version of the Qingdao Street Circuit combines a set of high speed sections with some 90 degree turns as well as some extremely fast turns to create a challenge for both drivers and race engineers/mechanics.

Starting off at the pedestrian crossing between the two train stations on Donghai West Road, and heading into the tight right hander into Aomen Road will prove tricky on the first lap, as well as make for a passing opportunity. From there it's the first high speed section down Aomen Road, which includes turns 2 to 5. Turn 6 is a 90 degree left hander leading back onto Donghai West, which leads to the right hander turn 7 into Yan'an 3rd Road. Another rather square turn, a left hander, leads to the fastest section of the track down Hong Kong West Road, which includes the flat out left right kinks that are turns 9 and 10, as well as the rather tough turn 11. Exiting from Hong Kong West Road with the tight left hander into Zijingguan Road, which goes under the other side of the Hong Kong West Road to Linhuaiguan Road. Then it's the closest section of corners with turns 14-17 from Huanghai Road to Taipiangjiao 1st Road. A set of fast flowing corners down this road leads to the penultimate turn 20, the last real turn on the course back onto the long home straight down Zhanshan 3rd Road and Donghai West Road.
This is a cool spot.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Best:
1. Benetton
2. Klon

Worst:
1. TMLW
2. Wizzie

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:Best:
1. Benetton
2. Klon

Worst:
1. TMLW
2. Wizzie

Sad thing is that's the first ever vote I've gotten in this wretched competition :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Best:
1. Captain Hammer
2. BaconLettuceNinja

Worst:
1. UgncreativeUsergname
2. pasta_maldonado
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Best:
1. MinardiFan95
2. Benetton

Worst:
1. Captain Hammer
2. Klon
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Best:
1. AndreaModa
2. EuroBrun

Worst:
1. Captain Hammer
2. WaffleCat
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Best
1. Captain Hammer
2. Benetton

Worst
1. BaconLettuceNinja
2. Wizzie
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5545174

A better picture of my track. The Satellite image is effed up with the roads. Seems to be some smallish elevation change though.

Will vote in this post. Editing it later.

EDIT

BEST
1. Wizzie
2. eurobrun

WORST
1. UgncreativeUsergname
2. MaskedLapwing

ROTC (Reject of the Competion) to pasta_maldonado for totally copying my track except for one corner (the lower right corner of the track) :D
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

:oops:
Benetton wrote:
ROTC (Reject of the Competion) to pasta_maldonado for totally copying my track except for one corner (the lower right corner of the track) :D

:oops: Sorry! I didn't look at everyone else's track before I created mine! The funny thing is, I did that completely without looking at yours Benetton, I was thinking I'd stumbled across a great track layout :lol: As a result of this quite frightening co incidence, please ignore my track when voting. :oops:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Best:
1. BaconLettuceNinja
2. Wizzie

Worst:
1. pasta_maldonado
2. Klon
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

pasta_maldonado wrote::oops:
Benetton wrote:

:oops: Sorry! I didn't look at everyone else's track before I created mine! The funny thing is, I did that completely without looking at yours Benetton, I was thinking I'd stumbled across a great track layout :lol: As a result of this quite frightening co incidence, please ignore my track when voting. :oops:

Yeah I know you didn't do it on purpose don't worry! I was just like how on earth is this possible :D

On another note, did I win?? If so the next competition is to design a track in Helsinki, Finland.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Ok,voting is over,so here are the results of the Let's do better than whatever Indycar can do at a street circuit that is bound to be cancelled track competition

Best Track

1.Benetton-14
2.Captain Hammer-12
3.Wizzie-10
4.Eurobrun-8
5.AndreaModa-6
=.BaconLettuceNinja-6
=.MinardiFan95-6
=.UgncreativeUsergname-6
9.Pasta_Maldonado-4
=.Klon-4

Most Rejectful Track

1.Captain Hammer-12
2.TheMaskedLawing-10
=.Wizzie-10
=.BaconLettuceNinja-10
5.Klon-8
6.UgncreativeUsergname-6
=.pasta_maldonado-6
8.WaffleCat-4

Misc Awards:

The Doppelganger award-Two tracks which are almost complete alike:pasta_maldonado & Benetton.Despite looking similar,one of them fails in the best track catergory,which the other wins the thing.
Divided Base Award-One track is so epic to do well in both Best Track and Worst track awards:Captain Hammer.Almost wins best track.Wins most rejectful track.
The Forgotten Man-The user(s) that get no votes at all:JeremyMcClean.In case you forgot,here's his track.http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5537931

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

WaffleCat wrote:Divided Base Award-One track is so epic to do well in both Best Track and Worst track awards:Captain Hammer.Almost wins best track.Wins most rejectful track.

1. It's Broken Base, thank you very much :lol:
2. I think I should be up for that award as well :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I don't check this thread in a week and this happens? Where's Qingdao? Oh, er, well, never mind...
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
UncreativeUsername37

Helsinki Street Circuit

When's the deadline?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Okay so the next competition is...

Design a street circuit to Helsinki. You cannot build or destroy anything on your own. Use what there already is. Lets keep it realistic and have a length between 4.5 - 7.0 kilometers.

The area will be fairly large. The circuit can be based anywhere in Helsinki. The westernmost boroughs are Lauttasaari, Munkkiniemi, Pitäjänmäki. North is bound by Paloheinä golf course and the Helsinki-Malmi lentoasema. East is bound by Vuosaari golf and Fallbacka. The south is bound by the sea. Central Helsinki is the peninsula where google maps states Helsinki (some boroughs there are Kaartinkaupunki, Ullanlinna and Eira). Hopefully this gives a clear enough picture. I can make a drawing with Paint too if you find that more useful. And this is only to give you a guideline, so go crazy and be less rejectful than the original Helsinki Street Circuit.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Benetton wrote:Okay so the next competition is...

Design a street circuit to Helsinki. You cannot build or destroy anything on your own. Use what there already is. Lets keep it realistic and have a length between 4.5 - 7.0 kilometers.

The area will be fairly large. The circuit can be based anywhere in Helsinki. The westernmost boroughs are Lauttasaari, Munkkiniemi, Pitäjänmäki. North is bound by Paloheinä golf course and the Helsinki-Malmi lentoasema. East is bound by Vuosaari golf and Fallbacka. The south is bound by the sea. Central Helsinki is the peninsula where google maps states Helsinki (some boroughs there are Kaartinkaupunki, Ullanlinna and Eira). Hopefully this gives a clear enough picture. I can make a drawing with Paint too if you find that more useful. And this is only to give you a guideline, so go crazy and be less rejectful than the original Helsinki Street Circuit.

So,guys,that's your design brief,although somehow UgncreativeUsergname managed to start before the design brief was given.I'll let that slide,though.For the rest of you,it's until Wednesday to put your tracks up.

UncreativeUsername37

Can I make a new track to fit within the length requirements?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

This is the best I can do for now. It's 771m too long, so I'll try and find a way to cut it down:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5550256
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Okay, as promised, here is my final entry:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5550399
UncreativeUsername37

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Revised entry

Melrose is less than impressed. :P
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

How on earth did I get second-best and Most Rejectful?
UncreativeUsername37

Wizzie wrote:

Wow, I didn't even look at the other tracks. Pulled a pasta_maldonado :oops:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Wow, I didn't even look at the other tracks. Pulled a pasta_maldonado :oops:

Should be fine mate. You're has an entirely new section over my track so I think you can get away with it. If you win though, you better thank me :lol:
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Hey, [urlhttp://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5550677]this[/url] was my first thought when I saw Helsinki was the city we had to work with.