Reject photos

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Vepe

Re: Reject photos

Post by Vepe »

dr-baker wrote:Those sidepods remind me of a 1995-spec Ligier or Benetton to me. Which would make sense, considering the TWR connection and the timing of Bridgestone's arrival in 1997...

Turns out I was wrong. Ligier JS41.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Vepe wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Those sidepods remind me of a 1995-spec Ligier or Benetton to me. Which would make sense, considering the TWR connection and the timing of Bridgestone's arrival in 1997...

Glad I could be of assistance. ;) To be honest, as far as I was concerned, it could well have been a Benetton...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

dr-baker wrote:
Vepe wrote:

Glad I could be of assistance. ;) To be honest, as far as I was concerned, it could well have been a Benetton...

Didn't Damon Hill do some testing for Bridgestone at Suzuka with that car? Sure I've seen a picture or two before.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
Vepe wrote:

Didn't Damon Hill do some testing for Bridgestone at Suzuka with that car? Sure I've seen a picture or two before.

From memory, I'm fairly sure he did.

EDIT: Here's your answer

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

S951

Post by S951 »

times set in that test where said to be good enough to put hill 4th on the grid for that years race in a 95 spec car
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Thierry Boutsen's 1991 Ligier. Does it remind any of you - from this angle - of the most recent IndyCar chassis?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

dinizintheoven wrote:Thierry Boutsen's 1991 Ligier. Does it remind any of you - from this angle - of the most recent IndyCar chassis?

It does a little bit: Thin front wing, skinny-yet-high front nose.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

AdrianSutil wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:Thierry Boutsen's 1991 Ligier. Does it remind any of you - from this angle - of the most recent IndyCar chassis?

This
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

AdrianSutil wrote:

I was thinking more of the bulbous bodywork.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I've been looking for some F3000 race footage when I found this:
http://www.f3000.com/gallery.htm
This is a real gold mine of reject drivers :D
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Faustus wrote:These will be the last ones until I come back from holiday. I've got 24 more. So expect more when I come back.

Good news to look forward to. This thread isn't reject gold, it's reject rhodium studded with black diamonds.

(Yes, rhodium costs more gram for gram than platinum. Much more and we'd be into the radioactive metals that will only be salvaged from a nuclear reactor.)

Glad to hear that you liked them! Another 81 to upload, again not all of them are rejects, but hopefully they will be of some interest to someone.
Last edited by Faustus on 05 Jul 2013, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I'm amazed that no-one has yet picked up on this from that antsphoto set on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/5536981108/in/set-72157603593127249

Check out the discussion in the comments as well - an interesting addition to the mystery ...

This guy's photos (as well as the others that have been put up on this thread, especially by Faustus) leave me with mixed feelings, I must say. On one hand, how awesome that sites like Flickr allow people to share such gems instead of having them sitting in a photo album or in a box somewhere. On the other hand, I lament how much easier it was in the past to wander around, go to test days etc. and get great shots. These days it seems like organisers are intent upon spectators sitting in a fixed spot in a grandstand, miles away from the cars (such that you can't get a good shot without a 500mm lens), taking photos through fences etc. And not to mention the F1 entry list of yesteryear was so much more interesting than it is today!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

And then there's this ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/2130314143/in/set-72157603524957990

I don't recall black front wings on a Super Aguri. And is it just me or does that look like an undersized, droopy little nosecone?
mario

Post by mario »

eytl wrote:I'm amazed that no-one has yet picked up on this from that antsphoto set on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/5536981108/in/set-72157603593127249

Check out the discussion in the comments as well - an interesting addition to the mystery ...

This guy's photos (as well as the others that have been put up on this thread, especially by Faustus) leave me with mixed feelings, I must say. On one hand, how awesome that sites like Flickr allow people to share such gems instead of having them sitting in a photo album or in a box somewhere. On the other hand, I lament how much easier it was in the past to wander around, go to test days etc. and get great shots. These days it seems like organisers are intent upon spectators sitting in a fixed spot in a grandstand, miles away from the cars (such that you can't get a good shot without a 500mm lens), taking photos through fences etc. And not to mention the F1 entry list of yesteryear was so much more interesting than it is today!

Whilst it does mean that there is a certain disconnect between the photographers and the cars themselves, the FIA has tightened up the regulations a lot after the death of Graham Beveridge due to a flying wheel passing through a gap in the catch fencing that had deliberately been left open for photographers to take pictures.
We also saw how close one camera operator came to serious injury recently in China when Buemi's wheels decided to part company with the car at high speed, and in the past there have been instances where spectators have been injured or even killed when debris has been thrown up from a collision and into an area where they may not be adequately protected. Is it excessive? Sometimes it is, but then again the FIA has probably taken the attitude that this is one instance where it is better to be cautious, even if it is frustrating.

On top of that there is also the aspect that the teams are increasingly wary of allowing other people to photograph their cars given how technical secrets can leak out that way (see the recent flurry of activity after the discovery of the front ride height adjuster that Renault have developed last year, not to mention Darren Heath's famous discovery of the McLaren turning brake system). What may look like innocent curiosity can sometimes have an ulterior motive, so it's inevitable that the teams want to cut out what might be considered to be industrial espionage.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

This site is literally a treasure trove of classic/obscure F1 photos:
http://f1nostalgia.blogspot.com/

A few examples from the first few pages of posts:
This is a cool spot.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

MinardiFan95 wrote:This site is literally a treasure trove of classic/obscure F1 photos:
http://f1nostalgia.blogspot.com/

A few examples from the first few pages of posts:

That's the blog of my friend Rian Assis. He's Brazilian and although the overwhelming majority of the comments are in Portuguese, you clearly don't need to be able to read them to enjoy the photos. I've gone through even post of his on the blog. His photos are fabulous and he's got photos that I had never seen before.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
S951

Post by S951 »

life racing a eurobrun! ish maybe not!
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I love Claudio Langes there! It's like he's cruising the highway with his EuroBrun :lol:
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Faustus wrote:That's the blog of my friend Rian Assis. He's Brazilian and although the overwhelming majority of the comments are in Portuguese, you clearly don't need to be able to read them to enjoy the photos. I've gone through even post of his on the blog. His photos are fabulous and he's got photos that I had never seen before.

I had to check, and sure enough, he had this one wrong - it was 1988, it was an Osella, but it was the wide, shovel-nosed FA1I, not the amusingly-named FA1L. My extremely limited grip of Portuguese meant I could dig out the confirmation in the comments.

FA1I IN 1987:

FA1I in 1988:

And of course:

Strangely, the FA1L was quite an elegant car for its day (and the FA1I wasn't). Pity it was so slow. Shove a Honda V6 in it, and I bet it wouldn't have FA1Led quite as much as it did.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I don't think I've ever seen that white Osella livery before - it looks wrong!

As for the first 3 pictures, the first one is best, particularly as Giacomelli (presume it's him?) seems to have his hand up to indicate that he's running slowly. Would that actually be necessary in that car?!
I don't like the middle one though - think that must have been photoshopped....
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Barbazza wrote:As for the first 3 pictures, the first one is best, particularly as Giacomelli (presume it's him?) seems to have his hand up to indicate that he's running slowly. Would that actually be necessary in that car?!
I don't like the middle one though - think that must have been photoshopped....

Look closely and you'll see Jacko is holding a rope tied to the airbox. That's right... the Life has had to be towed again! Note also the complete lack of Claudio Langes' helmet... his EuroBrun must have ground to a halt as well. Unless he's scarpered and that's a marshall in the car steering it to safety.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Oh yeah....my brain is so engineered to gawp at bad F1 cars that I completely missed both of those facts! So both are probably almost stationary then, which is quite fitting.
I presume that isn't Langes - it looks more like Perry McCarthy actually!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Barbazza wrote:Oh yeah....my brain is so engineered to gawp at bad F1 cars that I completely missed both of those facts! So both are probably almost stationary then, which is quite fitting.
I presume that isn't Langes - it looks more like Perry McCarthy actually!

Moreno perhaps using Langes' car as spare?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Midland :lol:
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

Nice photos guys!!!
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

golic_2004 wrote:Image
Midland :lol:

And that was BEFORE the Midland guys resorted to actually ripping each other's front wings off :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

I really love reject cars from 80's and 90's. They're all really beautiful cars.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

This picture is rare! Image
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

wmetcalf68 wrote:This picture is rare! Image

So rare that's it's actually impossible to see the image? :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

East Londoner wrote:
wmetcalf68 wrote:This picture is rare! Image

So rare that's it's actually impossible to see the image? :lol:

Yep. :lol:
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Here it is:

"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

midgrid wrote:Here it is:

Thanks midgrid. A Life at Monaco!
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

wmetcalf68 wrote:
midgrid wrote:Here it is:

A Life at Monaco!

Litterlary, huh?
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Probably a few know the story about the Tyrrell Test of Gabrielle Tarquini
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

The latest girl that tested a formula 1 car

The first ever Turkish Formula 1 driver Jason Tahincioglu.
Tested the Jordan/Midland EJ15 back in 2005 during the turkish GP.

Narain Karthikeyan during test in Juni 2001 at silverstone, with the Jaguar R2, with bobby Rahal on the photo if im right.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

f1-gast wrote:The latest girl that tested a formula 1 car

What is her name?
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

wmetcalf68 wrote:
f1-gast wrote:The latest girl that tested a formula 1 car

What is her name?

Maria de Villota, none other than the daughter of Emilio :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

tommykl wrote:Maria de Villota, none other than the daughter of Emilio :)

When did she this test?
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
tommykl wrote:Maria de Villota, none other than the daughter of Emilio :)

When did she this test?

I'm guessing late 2011.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota