The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Myrvold

Re: The HRT thread

Post by Myrvold »

If they have been designing it for some time, it is both smart and stupid. They have had a lot of PR the last weeks,- and now they are saying this!

But, sponsors will not be too happy for this I guess.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Never doubt Kolles or HRT ;)
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Exclusive news on HRT.

The new car, the F111 is on wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F111

It looks fast, should fly!
Bit heavy though
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

David AGS wrote:Exclusive news on HRT.

Bit heavy though

Seems to be lacking in downforce, though. But seems fast though, despite that. Could easily take out the opposition with that.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
David AGS wrote:Exclusive news on HRT.

Bit heavy though

Seems to be lacking in downforce, though. But seems fast though, despite that. Could easily take out the opposition with that.

Those parts coming out of it look dangerous indeed. It doesn't look reliable though...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

The escape capsule is an innovation for sure, might not be of much use tho if activated in the tunnel at Monaco
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

MaxZero wrote:The escape capsule is an innovation for sure, might not be of much use tho if activated in the tunnel at Monaco

Win.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Speaking of HRT, what is Bruno Senna doing with himself now? Team Lotus Reserve? Since Fauzy left them, the space must be open...
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
S951

Post by S951 »

Peter wrote:Speaking of HRT, what is Bruno Senna doing with himself now? Team Lotus Reserve? Since Fauzy left them, the space must be open...

apparant Karun is in talks about the test role at TL aswell
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

IT LIVES!!! :D

I honestly hope that thing performs, it sure looks good! :)
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:IT LIVES!!! :D

I honestly hope that thing performs, it sure looks good! :)

I'd definitely an improvement on the grey, a sort of inverse Virgin - though it is another red and white car. I'm not sure exactly what their 'top designer' did that someone else couldn't have done, but it 's certainly smart.
ElizabethSterling

Post by ElizabethSterling »

Visually I can identify only three changes - new front wing, new rear-wing end-plates and a shark fin, surely there's more than that but someone will have to point it out to me.

Edit - AH! Smaller side-pod entries and a straight rear-wing upper element.
Last edited by ElizabethSterling on 08 Feb 2011, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

ElizabethSterling wrote:Visually I can identify only three changes - new front wing, new rear-wing end-plates and a shark fin, surely there's more than that but someone will have to point it out to me.

I'm assuming the entire rear end has been redone to fit the Williams drivetrain and gearbox but Mario would have to confirm if that's the case.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
ElizabethSterling

Post by ElizabethSterling »

It also comes complete with ENGRISH!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

"This could be you" - anyone feeling like asking HRT how much it would cost to bring F1 Reject's logo somewhere on this car? I could donate around 500 € for that purpose.

Also, the livery is not to my liking. I prefer the old greyish livery over just another generic red-white livery.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I can also donate a few euros (up to 100 since its crisis down here). Let's put the F1Rejects logo in the HRT!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Jeroen Krautmeir

(hopefully) 50 Euros here! C'mon c'mon! Let's get it done! :D

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Hmm... well, it'll stand out at the starting grid. If it gets there. I think I'd like that livery more if a certain team hadn't already taken a mostly white livery, instead of what would have been an awesome blue livery.

I could probably chuck in $20 for the logo. Probably. I am very cheap.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Jeroen Krautmeir

I've sent an email to ask what their asking price is. Expect them to ask for a mammoth amount :P

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The new livery really is a step up from last years greyish brown, which must be the one of the worst colour schemes of an F1 car ever.

Here's hoping that this car can beat the 107% rule.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I've sent an email to ask what their asking price is. Expect them to ask for a mammoth amount :P

Can't be, otherwise we might as well buy the second seat. And if this is going to be the case I will offer my driving services!
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

I actually liked their livery last year, but here's hoping their new car is as fast as it looks! Maybe they can become the new Minardi and be everyones second favourite team 8-)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/08/hrt-to-miss-jerez-test-and-go-to-monza/

I guess they get more money from filming than from testing. In that case it is a good option. Or better yet, the car is really so advanced and fast that they prefered to hide it from rivals!
europeanminardi

Post by europeanminardi »

Valrys wrote:I actually liked their livery last year, but here's hoping their new car is as fast as it looks! Maybe they can become the new Minardi and be everyones second favourite team 8-)

With Dr. Collin Kolles as their team boss, I very much doubt that. He's creepy.
Eryx

Post by Eryx »

Thing is the HRT car does look very beautiful...alongside the Lotus it is one of the prettiest cars on the grid but sadly "Beauty" doesnt get you speed, granted Kolles has said they will have several upgrades this season which to be honest i believe they will truth is if they can produce this in a short amount of time upgrades will be done quick to.

The problem is they are so far behind there main contender will be most likely Virgin as Lotus (having spent about half of last year on there new car) will be leaps and bounds ahead of Virgin and close to Toro Rosso and Sauber and possibly Force India but who knows everyone may surprise you. I mean if Virgin can lose out to HRT in there debut season against a team that didnt have a single upgrade your on your last legs to begin with lol...kind of embarassing really...

Eryx

xxxx
Beauty is in the eye of the Badoer. :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

The livery is quite pretty, but this thing of openly publiciting their car spaces in the livery itself is easily one fo the more rejectful things I've seen in my life. At least the car looks quite different from the F110, which is something to begin with. Now, let's see if they have someone that can build it for them.

I really expect HRT to be closer to the pace than last year since they will have a new car and more experience, but the issue will be the development, no doubt about it.
mario

Post by mario »

Wizzie wrote:
ElizabethSterling wrote:Visually I can identify only three changes - new front wing, new rear-wing end-plates and a shark fin, surely there's more than that but someone will have to point it out to me.

I'm assuming the entire rear end has been redone to fit the Williams drivetrain and gearbox but Mario would have to confirm if that's the case.

There will have been some remodelling to adapt to the new gearbox and hydraulic system, that is true; still, you would have thought that, given what Virgin Racing have been able to do with the Xtrac system, HRT could have at least tightened up the packaging at the rear of the car a bit more.

The gearbox in question is thought to be the one used on the 2010 Williams (not the repackaged and much more compact version which they are using now). It seems that they are sticking with a pushrod rear suspension layout as a result, whereas most of the grid are switching to pullrod designs in a case of "follow the leader".

[In case anybody is curious, Virgin Racing and HRT are sticking with conventional pushrod designs, whilst Ferrari and Sauber have repackaged the dampers so they sit at the front of the gearbox, making the system much more streamlined and compact. Everybody else, meanwhile, are using pullrod designs, with Williams going for one of the more unusual layouts.]
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Why the hell are the car numbers on the shark fin?! This isn't NASCAR!

... but it's pretty funny, though! :mrgreen:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Phoenix wrote:The livery is quite pretty, but this thing of openly publiciting their car spaces in the livery itself is easily one fo the more rejectful things I've seen in my life. At least the car looks quite different from the F110, which is something to begin with.

Not so much...

It's different, but not so different.

EDIT: for some reason the image is not fully shown.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

It must be that stupid livery, that's playing tricks with my head then :roll:
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

LOL at the This could be you area, especially since that's where the names used to be.

Are they holding an auction for the second seat at the moment?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Jeroen Krautmeir

Phoenix wrote:Image

"This could be you, Christian. Now, give us the money."

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think someone should pay for the "This Could Be You" space to display "Lucky Strike". Very BAR.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Their new livery is awesome - I'd love to see it on the track soon. I especially like the checkered flag and all these sponsors.

How about putting F1 Rejects logo on the COOL SPOT? :D
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Having now seen the car from other angles, with more emphasis on the chequered flag, I do think it looks rather gorgeous.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Pointrox wrote:How about putting F1 Rejects logo on the COOL SPOT? :D

As soon as I saw "THIS IS A COOL SPOT" I immediately thought of the character of the same name from the 7Up adverts in the 90s... in the US. Cool Spot only ever hit our shores on the damp side of the Atlantic in the form of the SNES & Mega Drive game, requiring a bit of explanation as to what Cool Spot actually was. Which has now set me thinking... if we can send someone from 7Up marketing department a picture of the Hispania, maybe they'll see "THIS IS A COOL SPOT" and it'll trigger them to sponsor the car. We all know what happened last time 7Up were involved with F1... next thing we know, the F111 has turned green, and we have the Ultimate Reject Car!

Someone make it happen.

fjackdaw wrote:Having now seen the car from other angles, with more emphasis on the chequered flag, I do think it looks rather gorgeous.

A cynic might say that the reason for having the chequered flag design on the Hispania is because it's the only realistic way they'll get to see it...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
billy

Post by billy »

Hello! I'm a long time podcast listener and forum lurker, but this is my first post.

Some of you may say that the HRT looks like a BAR, maybe even a Toyota, a Virgin or a Super Aguri. I think they had other ideas. Those colours could reveal a shocking secret. Could HRT be secretly run behind the scenes by...

Image?

It's too close to be coincidence.
Download my album! Free!
http://www.billyandthewomen.com
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

billy wrote:Hello! I'm a long time podcast listener and forum lurker, but this is my first post.

Some of you may say that the HRT looks like a BAR, maybe even a Toyota, a Virgin or a Super Aguri. I think they had other ideas. Those colours could reveal a shocking secret. Could HRT be secretly run behind the scenes by...

Image?

I'm standing up.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

billy wrote:Hello! I'm a long time podcast listener and forum lurker, but this is my first post.

Image?

So that means Jacques Villeneuve could well be the second driver? :o
Jeroen Krautmeir

I still haven't got a response from HRT (they've probably forgotten they have a contact section), but in the meantime, should we target 10,000 euros?

EDIT: The count thus far:

Klon- 500
DanielPT- 100
Jeroen- 100
Aerond- 100
BlindCaveSalamander- 100
Ferrim- 100
Valrys- 50-100
watka- 50-100
MaxZero- 50
AndreaModa- 50
thehemogoblin- 35
TML- 15
Last edited by Jeroen Krautmeir on 13 Feb 2011, 22:46, edited 3 times in total.