1997 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert RACE Up

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
dr-baker

Re: 1997 F1RGP2C Season - Japan Race Up

Post by dr-baker »

Shizuka wrote:DAMS would like to enter Niko Nurminen and McFry as the guest driver.
This would allow James to check out the team he wants to go next year without any consequences.

Martin McFry has officially quit the series, although he will return for this one race.

Plus Ben Fleet is so upset and distraught at the latest race result that he refuses to compete in the Duel in the Desert.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Shizuka wrote:DAMS would like to enter Niko Nurminen and McFry as the guest driver.
This would allow James to check out the team he wants to go next year without any consequences.

Niko Nurminen wrote:Sorry boss, I shouldn't have experimented with my setup so the car was impossible to drive around Suzuka.

Anyway, I'm happy to drive at the Duel again - it's where my career started after all.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Rory McAllister wrote:Boss, I can't stand this. God knows how many times this piece of dung of a car has failed me.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I did say very few people would be happy after the race was over.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Daniel Moreno wrote:Well, my car was definitely tampered with, not only did it feel differently from qualifying, but it grenaded itself for reasons we don't know of during the race. Obviously somebody must have put something funny in it, I don't know. We're not filing a protest, though, since we won the championship. I just can't believe the amazing luck I've had this season...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Daniel Moreno wrote:Well, my car was definitely tampered with, not only did it feel differently from qualifying, but it grenaded itself for reasons we don't know of during the race. Obviously somebody must have put something funny in it, I don't know. We're not filing a protest, though, since we won the championship. I just can't believe the amazing luck I've had this season...
Someone wrote:STOP WHINING LIKE A BABY MORENOOOO...

tristan1117 wrote:I did say very few people would be happy after the race was over.

Oh, on the contrary, I'm quite pleased that Zimmer managed to get one over on Davies; that was my second preference after him actually winning! :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Another point-less year for Megumi. She will have her last laugh with Ligier/Prost in DOTD. Furthermore, she is looking for a testdriver job with Jordan. (Since Jordan does not have a testdriver this year, Eurobrun should not be pissed off ;))

Both Douglas and Takagi will be retained by Ferrari, and both will be at DOTD. Everyone at Ferrari is reportedly disappointed to see Douglas losing the WDC, but once again, he will stay.

Christophe Vans will be entered by Dome for DOTD. Patrese has stated he won't participate there, nor Anderson due to sanctions.

:)
(Edited to add a missing word)
Last edited by FMecha on 07 Jan 2013, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

FMecha wrote:Both Douglas and Takagi will be retained by Ferrari, and both will be at DOTD. Everyone at Ferrari is reportedly disappointed to let Douglas the WDC, but once again, he will stay.

Ferrari needs to run at least one guest driver.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Frédéric-Maxime Voeckler wrote:Bonjour. *Holds wad of cash in front of him*
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Glad to see Moreno wrapped that up, and as such, Williams offer him a new contract. We also ask our newest team member Andre Spokes if he would like to drive for us in the DITD
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tristan1117 wrote:
FMecha wrote:Both Douglas and Takagi will be retained by Ferrari, and both will be at DOTD. Everyone at Ferrari is reportedly disappointed to let Douglas the WDC, but once again, he will stay.

Can Ferrari have a third car for this purpose? :?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:

Can Ferrari have a third car for this purpose? :?

No. Go away. Play the rules like everyone else.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Seeing as I can't have third car for DOTD, Jack Christopherson will be on second Ferrari after Takagi apparently declined to take part on DOTD this year. :)
(If I can have two guests, tell me, Tristan)
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

FMecha wrote:Seeing as I can't have third car for DOTD, Jack Christopherson will be on second Ferrari after Takagi apparently declined to take part on DOTD this year. :)
(If I can have two guests, tell me, Tristan)

You can have two guests. It said so in the original post.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

Gauthier would like to remind M. Voeckler of his offer to drive alongside Guillaume Gauthier at the Duel in the Desert, as well as the seperate offer of a full-time drive next season.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Gauthier would like to remind M. Voeckler of his offer to drive alongside Guillaume Gauthier at the Duel in the Desert, as well as the seperate offer of a full-time drive next season.

As Ligier's owners have also expressed an interest in his servies, he will wait until after DITD to make a decision on his team for 1998. But he is still interested in the Gauthier drive. But he'll accept the offer of a seat for DITD.

Image Image
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Andrew Spokes wrote:
John Zimmer wrote:SPOKESY, YOU LITTLE RIPPER! We beat McLaren! Have fun at Williams mate, and make sure you kick Moreno's ass for me!

YES! YES! YES! What a way to go, I've always said that this car is good when it holds together! I LOVE beating the boring Woking brigade!
This one is for the team, and for John - he's been an excellent team mate and together we got this car higher up the table than it should have been.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Glad to see Moreno wrapped that up, and as such, Williams offer him a new contract. We also ask our newest team member Andre Spokes if he would like to drive for us in the DITD

Andrew Spokes wrote:I sure would, I'd like to get to know the team as soon as possible. After I've finished getting drunk with the Benetton boys after my victory of course!
Aerospeed

Re: 1997 F1RGP2C Season - Japan Up, DITD Guest Drivers Wante

Post by Aerospeed »

By the way, Stewart GP will confirm Fleet and Maeyede in for the DITD

May I ask where the entry list for the 1998 season is?
Trulli bad puns...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

For the Duel In The Desert, Ligier will use their most motivated (and cutest) driver: Megumi. We wish Valsattis the best (ending up third in every race, behind both Prost/Ligier cars, that is)
The guest driver will be Ron Mignolet, altough he is the brother of team-owner Dennis Mignolet, he is chosen purely because of his talent! He's also looking for a test seat somewhere, to combine with challenging for the F3000 title.

Now for 1998, as contract negotiations aren't going anywhere (neither Durand or Allen have confirmed yet), Voeckler can get a contract to drive at least the first half of the season.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

JeremyMcClean wrote:By the way, Stewart GP will confirm Fleet and Maeyede in for the DITD

Page 10. You need to have at least one guest driver; you can't have both your regular drivers. There is a list of free agents with the entry list on Page 10 but I will repost it here

Free Agents for the Duel in the Desert:
All of the test drivers (Roda, Eadbhard, Rodriguez, Durand, etc.)
James Allen
Robert Anderson
Giacomo Canfora
Jack Christopherson???
Jean-Denis Deletraz
Rick Douglais
Miko Fakkinen
Sebastian Gazurek
Geoff Grove
Alexander von Hegel
Yuuri Jougaseki
Anton Kaliniczenko
Samael Meerwick
Elymr Plok
Siergiej Rozvadoskij (pending)
Brett Sanderson
Jorg Scrattenheim
George Tramontani
Lawrence Tucker
Emanuele Vicchi
Tracey Wyndham
Artiom Zielenkovski
Flavius Zinteleman

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Plinio Vida wrote:I thought I was running at the Duel in the Desert! You said so yourself!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Plinio Vida wrote:I thought I was running at the Duel in the Desert! You said so yourself!

Whoops. In that case, Vida will take Guillaume Gauthier's place.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:Now for 1998, as contract negotiations aren't going anywhere (neither Durand or Allen have confirmed yet), Voeckler can get a contract to drive at least the first half of the season.

Voeckler has an offer of the entire season with Gauthier. Either Ligier offers the same or he's not interested in the seat anymore!

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

This wrote:For the Duel In The Desert, Ligier will use their most motivated (and cutest) driver: Megumi. We wish Valsattis the best (ending up third in every race, behind both Prost/Ligier cars, that is)
The guest driver will be Ron Mignolet, altough he is the brother of team-owner Dennis Mignolet, he is chosen purely because of his talent! He's also looking for a test seat somewhere, to combine with challenging for the F3000 title.

Now for 1998, as contract negotiations aren't going anywhere (neither Durand or Allen have confirmed yet), Voeckler can get a contract to drive at least the first half of the season.

Clivio Durand wrote:I will accept Prost's offer for a drive in 1998.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Prince Walik will likely make another guest appearance and Da Silva and Fakkinen will likely drive for Sauber unless either objects to that.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

This wrote:Now for 1998, as contract negotiations aren't going anywhere (neither Durand or Allen have confirmed yet), Voeckler can get a contract to drive at least the first half of the season.

Voeckler has an offer of the entire season with Gauthier. Either Ligier offers the same or he's not interested in the seat anymore!

It's your choice. I personally doubt that Gauthier will give you much more races, though...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:

It's your choice. I personally doubt that Gauthier will give you much more races, though...

Well, unless you can give me concrete numbers, forget about it. That applies to you too Gauthier. Voeckler would rather go to Minardi and be in every race this season than do a handful of races for a slightly better team.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Voeckler has an offer of the entire season with Gauthier. Either Ligier offers the same or he's not interested in the seat anymore!

Well, unless you can give me concrete numbers, forget about it. That applies to you too Gauthier. Voeckler would rather go to Minardi and be in every race this season than do a handful of races for a slightly better team.

As long as Voeckler isn't horribly incompetent like Anderson was, and doesn't crash out on a regular basis, that won't be a problem.
Everything's great.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Then it's a no. Voeckler hasn't proven anything yet.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Well, contrary to what was said earlier, Ligier has now forced his hand. Voeckler will sign a contract with Gauthier for the 1998 season.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

What was I thinking when I wrote this, I must have part of my brain missing and just not know it yet

Speedline.com wrote:WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Pech arrested on assault charges

The F1RGP2C world is in shock today after driver Bernhard Pech has been arrested by British police for assaulting a Fish and Chip shop owner in Cornwall. According to eyewitnessth a reports Pech was unhappy with the quality and price of the food he recieved from David George's shop which led to a physical altercation between the two men which reportedly left George with a broken jaw. This will probably end the chances of him being on the 1998 grid despite his extensive funding from the BRP group. With the exception of a couple of races Pech was thoroughly outclassed by Pablo da Silva this year and lost his drive at Sauber as a result. Although according to an unknown source Pech believes that he is the victim and that George attacked him and he only threw his food.

More details soon
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 08 Jan 2013, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

McLaren will run their two regular drivers for the Duel in the Desert. Meanwhile, Tom Douglas is missing presumed piss-drunk in a bar at Osaka after he threw away the title
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:McLaren will run their two regular drivers for the Duel in the Desert. Meanwhile, Tom Douglas is missing presumed piss-drunk in a bar at Osaka after he threw away the title

Nope, the rules say that you have to run at lesest on driver who did not drive in for your team in 1997

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:McLaren will run their two regular drivers for the Duel in the Desert. Meanwhile, Tom Douglas is missing presumed piss-drunk in a bar at Osaka after he threw away the title

Nope, the rules say that you have to run at lesest on driver who did not drive in for your team in 1997

It does? Well, in that case, I'll let those two sort out where they want to go while I deliberate on some suitable candidates while on layover at Singapore tomorrow morning
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

tristan1117 wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:By the way, Stewart GP will confirm Fleet and Maeyede in for the DITD

Page 10. You need to have at least one guest driver; you can't have both your regular drivers. There is a list of free agents with the entry list on Page 10 but I will repost it here

Free Agents for the Duel in the Desert:
All of the test drivers (Roda, Eadbhard, Rodriguez, Durand, etc.)
James Allen
Robert Anderson
Giacomo Canfora
Jack Christopherson???
Jean-Denis Deletraz
Rick Douglais
Miko Fakkinen
Sebastian Gazurek
Geoff Grove
Alexander von Hegel
Yuuri Jougaseki
Anton Kaliniczenko
Samael Meerwick
Elymr Plok
Siergiej Rozvadoskij (pending)
Brett Sanderson
Jorg Scrattenheim
George Tramontani
Lawrence Tucker
Emanuele Vicchi
Tracey Wyndham
Artiom Zielenkovski
Flavius Zinteleman

Whoops, sorry Tristan. Stewart will use Fleet and James Allen for the Duel in the Desert
Trulli bad puns...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

It does? Well, in that case, I'll let those two sort out where they want to go while I deliberate on some suitable candidates while on layover at Singapore tomorrow morning

James Davies is currently AWOL, but it can be assumed that he will want to run in the Duel in the Desert, since it was the site of his greatest victory to date.

Actually, it's just occurred to me that 2 of Davies' 3 victories so far in PMMF series have been storming drives from the back of the grid...
Everything's great.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

1997 F1RGP2C Clausura

Seedings:
1. Moreno
2. Douglas
3. Kickert
4. Davies
5. Takagi
6. Cannon
7. McAllister
8. Valsattis
9. Spokes
10. Zimmer
11. da Silva
12. von Gottorp
13. Pech
14. Nurminen
15. Allen
16. Fakkinen

Round 1: Belgium
#1: Daniel Moreno (Ret) vs. #16: Miko Fakkinen (Ret)
#8: Masta Valsattis (Ret) vs. #9: Andrew Spokes (1st)
#5: Kazuhiko Takagi (2nd)vs. #12: Leonhard von Gottorp (6th)
#4: James Davies (Ret) vs. #13: Bernhard Pech (Ret)
#6: Damon Cannon (Ret) vs. #11: Pablo da Silva (4th)
#3: Pieter Kickert (Ret) vs. #14: Niko Nurminen (3rd)
#7: Rory McAllister (5th) vs. #10: John Zimmer (Ret)
#2: Tom Douglas (Ret) vs. #15: James Allen (Ret)

Round 2: Italy
#1: Daniel Moreno (Ret) vs. #9: Andrew Spokes (Ret, by one Lap!)
#5: Kazuhiko Takagi (Ret) vs. #4: James Davies (Ret)
#11: Pablo da Silva (3rd) vs. #14: Niko Nurminen (7th)
#7: Rory McAllister (Ret) vs. James Allen (5th)

Round 3: Austria
#1: Daniel Moreno (2nd) vs. #4: James Davies (18th)
#7: Rory McAllister (Ret) vs. #15: James Allen (12th)

Round 4: Japan
#1: Daniel Moreno (Ret) vs. #15: James Allen (6th)

James Allen won something?! James Allen won a trophy! Wow!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, Anton Kaliniczenko will take over von Gottorp's car unless I hear objections and Cannon's car belongs to whomever gets into it first.
RonDenisDeletraz

Klon wrote:Well, Anton Kaliniczenko will take over von Gottorp's car unless I hear objections and Cannon's car belongs to whomever gets into it first.

Wait, Cannon isn't doing the DOTD? If not I would like to suggest my new South African driver Dennis van Zwart

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

eurobrun wrote:Wait, Cannon isn't doing the DOTD? If not I would like to suggest my new South African driver Dennis van Zwart

Well, I don't really care either way. Decide amongst yourself, lads, daddy Lenny is off enjoying his holiday.