Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bleu

Re: Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

Post by Bleu »

Shame it had to happen this weekend. Operator advertising that several pay-tv channels are available for free this weekend. Note who is used to advert F1 there.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Anyone else seen Max's ALS/MND Ice Bucket challenge? The true hallmark of a genius: unafraid to break new ground, start new trends, do something different. What a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-x8NzzNs0&list=UUsJ6i9er5_aaCtDBSLFTKZQ&index=1
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Apparently, Chilton's seat is now safe for the rest of the season...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

dr-baker wrote:[url=<a class="linkification-ext" href="http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115689" title="Linkification: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115689">http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115689</a>]Apparently[/url], Chilton's seat is now safe for the rest of the season...

Pantano said that once. I don't think he said it again.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I have a feeling this won't be his last visit to Number 10...
#FreeGonzo
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

And Chilton's out.

He has joined Carlin with a view to moving to IndyCar in 2016. They don't know what they're going to do with him this year, but I think it's safe to say that his Formula 1 career is over.

REJECTED
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Captain Hammer wrote:And Chilton's out.

He has joined Carlin with a view to moving to IndyCar in 2016. They don't know what they're going to do with him this year, but I think it's safe to say that his Formula 1 career is over.

REJECTED

Talent's gonna get his face on the Borg-Warner trophy in 2016! :D
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Captain Hammer wrote:And Chilton's out.

REJECTED

Rubbish. He's obviously negotiated an F1 drive in 2015 with whoever takes over Marussia, but with the team's future uncertain, he's covered his arse by going to IndyCar next year. Smart guy.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

So much talent needed to hold the slide, for Max though, only 1% of his talent reserve was used to hold and correct the slide.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
So much talent needed to hold the slide, for Max though, only 1% of his talent reserve was used to hold and correct the slide.

1% of that was Talent Talent Talent's talent reserve. The other 99% of the save was HWNSNBM. :P
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

I'm not sure how I'm going to cope without Max this year!

(though having said that....)
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Here's a short clip of a musical instrument, a vintage keyboard called the Chilton Talentmaker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPu0Z7YHANE

Maybe there is more to the nickname after all ...
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Yannick wrote:Here's a short clip of a musical instrument, a vintage keyboard called the Chilton Talentmaker:

Wow, what an...erm...coincidence... :?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

watka wrote:
Yannick wrote:Here's a short clip of a musical instrument, a vintage keyboard called the Chilton Talentmaker:

Yes, I was similarly surprised by this finding. That's why I had to share it here.

In other news, Max Chilton is going to be racing in IndyLights, beginning this weekend at St. Petersburg, Florida. Let's all cheer for him!
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Bobby Doorknobs

Yannick wrote:
watka wrote:

Yes, I was similarly surprised by this finding. That's why I had to share it here.

In other news, Max Chilton is going to be racing in IndyLights, beginning this weekend at St. Petersburg, Florida. Let's all cheer for him!
COME ON MAX! :D :D
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Yannick wrote:In other news, Max Chilton is going to be racing in IndyLights, beginning this weekend at St. Petersburg, Florida. Let's all cheer for him!

He'll win that.

No matter where he finishes.
Just For One Day...
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

2 races in Indy Lights this weekend, Race 2 is today. Max started P2 in race one, had a rejectful start, and then crashed a few corners in :D
#GetWellWickens
tBone

Post by tBone »

CoopsII wrote:He'll win that.

wmetcalf7 4 wrote:2 races in Indy Lights this weekend, Race 2 is today. Max started P2 in race one, had a rejectful start, and then crashed a few corners in :D

You were right, CoopsII! He won!
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Bobby Doorknobs

tBone wrote:

wmetcalf7 4 wrote:2 races in Indy Lights this weekend, Race 2 is today. Max started P2 in race one, had a rejectful start, and then crashed a few corners in :D

Yes, in fact the Carlins were mixed up. Max was driving Jones' car and Jones was driving Max's. Jones was the one who crashed.
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

tBone wrote:

I bet that winners champagne tasted sweet.
Just For One Day...
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

Race 2 over, Chilton started P2, had yet ANOTHER rejectful start, dropped to P4, couldn't pass a slower car, and finished P4..... His teammate won again for the 2nd time in 2 races..
#GetWellWickens
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

The fact that Chilton was crushed by the Emirati Ed Jones, who has no prior experience in America and was only racing in F3 last year, speaks volumes.
Also, seeing as Max is no longer in F1, shouldn't this be shifted to the van de Poele Forum? Or the Deletraz Forum, since Chilton is a reject?
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Bobby Doorknobs

wsrgo wrote:The fact that Chilton was crushed by the Emirati Ed Jones, who has no prior experience in America and was only racing in F3 last year, speaks volumes.
Also, seeing as Max is no longer in F1, shouldn't this be shifted to the van de Poele Forum? Or the Deletraz Forum, since Chilton is a reject?

The LottererLegend is also still in this forum. It's only a matter of time before both of them are back in F1. Merhi's deal with Manor doesn't last the full season after all...
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

wsrgo wrote:The fact that Chilton was crushed by the Emirati Ed Jones, who has no prior experience in America

Sorry to be nitpicky here, but I wouldn't say one stab at the American GP means that Chilton has a noteworthy amount more. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Salamander wrote:
wsrgo wrote:The fact that Chilton was crushed by the Emirati Ed Jones, who has no prior experience in America

Sorry to be nitpicky here, but I wouldn't say one stab at the American GP means that Chilton has a noteworthy amount more. :P

Well no, I'm not comparing their experience in America. I'm saying that while a case might be put why Harvey beat Chilton (because of his experience in the States) , but there's absolutely nothing such to excuse Chilton from being beaten by Jones. What I meant to say was that Jones did not have any advantage over Chilton and was possibly disadvantaged by the fact that he's basically a junior driver. And he walloped him.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Fisichella also beat Alonso in their first race together at Renault. Let's give it some time before collectively deciding Talent is no good, what?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Bobby Doorknobs

Waris wrote:Fisichella also beat Alonso in their first race together at Renault. Let's give it some time before collectively deciding Talent is no good, what?

Indeed. No negative comments directed towards Max should really be made in this thread. This thread exists for appraisal of his infinite Talent (with a capital T), not for criticising him.
#FreeGonzo
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Simtek wrote:blah blah blah of his infinite Talent (with a capital T), not for criticising him.

I think you're forgetting the capital letters on His and Him.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Emirati driver Ed Jones has also won the Long Beach round of Indy Lights. He is first in the standings, whilst his Carlin teammate Max Chilton is 4th.

Chilton is on a part-time schedule due to his LMP1 commitments, and according to this article www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118634 he has not decided yet if he wants to continue in Indy Lights but remains interested in IndyCar for next year. I'm sure he'll make the decision that's the best for him.

Oc course, gaining oval racing experience in an IndyLights car would be very beneficial for him if he intends to race IndyCars next year.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

wsrgo wrote:Also, seeing as Max is no longer in F1, shouldn't this be shifted to the van de Poele Forum? Or the Deletraz Forum, since Chilton is a reject?

As painful as doing so would be, he could have a point. I mean, at some point we have to let go.
Just For One Day...
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

In the midst of all the sadness, last night, Max Chilton has won his first IndyLights race at Iowa Speedway, and dedicates this victory to his former teammate Jules Bianchi (RIP).

http://www.racer.com/road-to-indy/item/ ... lights-win
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Just can't ignore that 19th place in the championship. So consistent.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Just look at those results as an employer, though:

Formula 1
- 2013: 23rd
- 2014: 21st
Indycar
- 2016: 19th

He's only improving! In fact, if I may be so bold I might say that Max has a shot at the IndyCar title in nine years :shock:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rob Dylan wrote:He's only improving! In fact, if I may be so bold I might say that Max has a shot at the IndyCar title in nine years :shock:

Not as daft as it seems. Look how long it took for Jenson Button to win his drivers title after making his F1 debut...
MCard LOLA
tumbano

Post by tumbano »

What Max has to say about this?

"I'll be better next year and my third year is the year I will go for the championship."