F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Phoenix Results P11

Post by V8fan12 »

The Peak Motorsport Group offer any teams requiring drivers for the YDT one of the following:
  • Verna Klien
  • Ragnar Larsen
  • Viktor Pasitchnjuk
Please contact us if you are interested.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Speedcafe.com wrote:Driver change at HRT as Mann is sacked
The Holden Racing Team has announced that Manx driver Douglas Mann is being replaced effective immediately, due to a combination of poor results and financial woes for HRT. Mann has driven for HRT since last season, but so far this year HRT has not been as happy with him as they have been with new recruit Alberto Cara.

"Douglas is one of the most experienced drivers in the sport, but you wouldn't know from some of his results against Alberto," team principal Frank Zimmer said. "And we're struggling for funds right now, so poor results with no money coming in is not something we can have."

While rumours that Mann was on the way out have been around for several weeks now, it was widely believed Zimmer would replace him with Daniel Melville, who is currently racing for Kamaha and has several sponsors, or with Carter Simpson, the cousin of 2016 F1RWRS Rhys Davies. However, HRT surprised some by announcing that Australian Michael Robertson will take the seat instead. Robertson, who this year is racing for Voeckler in AR3.5, will bring some much needed money to the seat, along with some driving ability, according to Zimmer. "You just need to look at his AR3.5 results to see how good a driver he is. The money won't hurt either."

The move is surprising, considering that for Robertson he not only needed to be released by Voeckler, but would have to receive permission from Dave Simpson, who is Robertson's mentor, and for whom Robertson will test for at the upcoming Yound Drivers' Test. "The Voecklers were really easy to deal with actually," said Zimmer of the deal. "They were almost eager to let him go, now that I think about it. And Dave was happy to let Michael get some racing experience in a fairly low pressure environment.

The news was also accompanied by confirmation that Alberto Cara, who was initially only signed to an 8-race contract, has had it extended to the end of the season.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:Foxdale would like to attend. Peter Port is likely to be in one car, and would like to invite either Laura Wener or Justin Case to drive the other car.

Justin Case was the first to respond to Foxdale's offer to take part in the YDT, therefore Foxdale's line-up is confirmed as Peter Port and Justin Case.

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Speedcafe.com wrote:Driver change at HRT as Mann is sacked

As one of the few drivers to have competed in every F1RWRS races to date, Douglas has found this difficult to accept, with such little notice being given. With this season already being suspected as being his swansong season by those close to him, Pippa Mann (2012 F1RWRS champion and Foxdale team boss/manager) has stood down from her race seat for the time being and Douglas will take her place as teammate to Ben Fleet for the foreseeable future.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aeroracing Engineering will line up Akira Yamamura for the YDT, with the second seat being available for any driver that's achieved decent results in the formula he/she's currently competing in.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:Aeroracing Engineering will line up Akira Yamamura for the YDT, with the second seat being available for any driver that's achieved decent results in the formula he/she's currently competing in.

Badu would like to take the seat. He's had a shaky start to the year I'll admit, but as a former series champion in RoLFS, there's clearly talent there. He just needs a little help getting back on track.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Mann should have quit years ago says Jones

Following confirmation that Douglas Mann has been sacked following a dismal start to the year at HRT, and with him widely tipped to retire at the end of the season, Sammy Jones has told reporters that the Manxman "should have packed it in years ago".

Jones was teammate to Mann in the inaugural season of F1RWRS back in 2010, and spoke of his time working with Douglas at West Cliff Racing,

"You could tell, even then, that he was on the wind-down" said Jones, "after each session he'd pull up in the pits, fumble around in his overalls and pull out a crime novel and a packet of Werthers Originals. It was a bit of an embarrassment really."

The Brit went on, "It's only thanks to the generosity of his sister that his career has been saved up until now anyway. I never understood why HRT signed him. Better to have the seat go to a young talent like Robertson. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

RLR would like to open there second YDT seat to anyone in the top 6 of F2RWRS, F3RWRS or A.R 3.5.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Following confirmation that Douglas Mann has been sacked following a dismal start to the year at HRT, and with him widely tipped to retire at the end of the season, Sammy Jones has told reporters that the Manxman "should have packed it in years ago".

Jones was teammate to Mann in the inaugural season of F1RWRS back in 2010, and spoke of his time working with Douglas at West Cliff Racing,

"You could tell, even then, that he was on the wind-down" said Jones, "after each session he'd pull up in the pits, fumble around in his overalls and pull out a crime novel and a packet of Werthers Originals. It was a bit of an embarrassment really."

The Brit went on, "It's only thanks to the generosity of his sister that his career has been saved up until now anyway. I never understood why HRT signed him. Better to have the seat go to a young talent like Robertson. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do."

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler wrote:Did he also drive the car wearing a pair of slippers and smoking a pipe?

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler wrote:Did he also drive the car wearing a pair of slippers and smoking a pipe?

Douglas Mann wrote:Hey, I have a respect for pit safety. And smoking is a dirty, disgusting habit. Good mug of Horlicks, on the other hand...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Douglas Mann wrote:Hey, I have a respect for pit safety. And smoking is a dirty, disgusting habit. Good mug of Horlicks, on the other hand...

Jerry de Boer wrote:Heh...heh...no way man...you just ain't tried the good stuff...maaaan I want nachos so bad...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jerry de Boer wrote:Heh...heh...no way man...you just ain't tried the good stuff...maaaan I want nachos so bad...

Frederic-Maxime Voeckler wrote:Just keep yo product away from Basti, right? We already had to send him to rehab for a Gouda addiction, he won't be able to handle it if spliffs start appearing in the RonDen garage...

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:*Long, exasperated sigh before returning to his garage*
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Frederic-Maxime Voeckler wrote:Just keep yo product away from Basti, right? We already had to send him to rehab for a Gouda addiction, he won't be able to handle it if spliffs start appearing in the RonDen garage...

Dennis Mignolet wrote:Don't worry, Wouter, who is probably Jerry's dealer, is no longer hanging around at our team. And at RonDen, Gouda is not allowed anymore, after complaints from our sponsor Chimay, who doesn't only make excellent beer, but also the greatest Belgian Trappist cheese, which is far superior to Gouda anyway.
Besides, Bastian has that fancy Vanhool motorhome with bodyguards and all, so as longs as he keeps away from Jerry's so-called 'mystery van', he should be safe. It is remarkable though that Douglas Mann still keeps hanging around at our motorhome often, i guess he misses the Ligier athmosphere.

Ron Mignolet wrote:Nah, he's just after your daughter, Dennis.

Dennis Mignolet wrote: :x :x :x :x :x
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann wrote:Hey guys? Is now the wrong time to remind everyone that Foxdale still do a barbecue after each race, where people can get their fixes of Gouda, burritos, tacos, horlicks and Wizzie's popcorn? (We even fulfil somebody's need for smoked Scottish salmon with Philadelphia, chives and lemon juice...)
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Autodynamics will appear at the YDT, Cave Johnson and Seb Prost will drive
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Pippa Mann wrote:Hey guys? Is now the wrong time to remind everyone that Foxdale still do a barbecue after each race, where people can get their fixes of Gouda, burritos, tacos, horlicks and Wizzie's popcorn? (We even fulfil somebody's need for smoked Scottish salmon with Philadelphia, chives and lemon juice...)

Martyn Rietacher wrote:You serve careers, yes?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Martyn Rietacher wrote:You serve careers, yes?

Pippa Mann wrote:Only for Douglas, I'm afraid. Oh wait, I thought you said 'save' careers! :oops:
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Tony Gillet wrote:Nevermind all that nonsense, everyone in the paddock knows that Gillet makes the best food! Not only do we have the great Belgian trappist beer and cheese mentioned by Dennis, we also have stands where we make the best Liège waffles outside of Belgium as well as frites and fricadelles with all sorts of sauces! And this time, we've taken all necessary precautions to prevent the stand from catching fire. We don't want to make the mistake we made at Bathurst three years ago...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Tony Gillet wrote:Nevermind all that nonsense, everyone in the paddock knows that Gillet makes the best food! Not only do we have the great Belgian trappist beer and cheese mentioned by Dennis, we also have stands where we make the best Liège waffles outside of Belgium as well as frites and fricadelles with all sorts of sauces! And this time, we've taken all necessary precautions to prevent the stand from catching fire. We don't want to make the mistake we made at Bathurst three years ago...

Pippa Mann wrote:But we still have the unique feature of having the barbeques powered by the engines that Douglas and Ben Fleet exploded in 2012 - they did such a good job of blowing them up that year that those engines are still hot now...
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

www.espn.co.uk/rwrs wrote:"Too many driver swaps" - Couteau

Jacques Couteau, team principal of Fusion Motorsports, has taken a swipe at some of his fellow team owners by calling into question their employment methods.

F1RWRS sees an abnormally high turnover of drivers, and with ten driver changes already this season with more on the horizon, Couteau has suggested that the teams look at themselves rather than the drivers they employ.

"If your driver is not doing so good, you don't just kick him out" said Couteau. "You look at the car, and think whether what you are giving to the driver is sufficient. You work with them to improve the car."

"Right now, teams are scraping around for a quick fix and will just change the lineup at the drop of a hat. There are far too many driver swaps in F1RWRS, and even the big teams are guilty of chopping and changing."

"You sign the contract. You do your best to honour that contract and you do your best to ensure that the drivers have the best equipment possible. Okay, so sometimes swapping drivers can work, just look at De Bock at Voeckler. But then you see they want to get rid of Spencer and you are bewildered. Look at Du Lei as well; she got moved aside at Gauthier and now Plus One."

However, Couteau also cites the influence of driver managers in swap deals.

"These guys want the best for their driver. But look at Ron Mignolet, he went to Gillet with no intention of staying. Why even go in the first place? I don't know what is going on with all of this."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Because we haven't had one of these in a while... :lol:

The Local Rag wrote:F1RWRS News Roundup

Spencer Rolls The Dice
Voeckler GPE driver Nathanael Spencer has reportedly been spotted in a CASINO in Lewisham over the weekend. The 2011 champion has been OBLITERATED by teammate Thomas De Bock since the Belgian has joined the team and it's widely believed Spencer's time at Voeckler is FINISHED. It would appear that these latest reports tally with another story that alleged the French team had asked Spencer to COUGH UP additional cash to keep his drive, and so the Briton has resorted to gambling in a DESPERATE bid to stay in the sport.

Torrente's Totty Tops Up The Tan
Star rookie Diego Alvarez Torrente has made waves this year both on the track with his driving, and off it, as he dates a BUSTY brunette from his hometown of Granada. Now the saucy self-confessed speed freak has been spotted on holiday in the south of France, as her HEART-THROB wows crowds on the other side of the Atlantic. But is that the full story? Our sources indicate the bronzed beauty is in fact CHEATING on Torrente with a French waiter - could this be the end for the childhood sweethearts?

Greggs All Smiles As Donnelly Piles on the Pounds
Greggs have said they are DELIGHTED with their sponsorship of the Fusion team this year as their ambassador and primary customer Geoff Donnelly shows no signs of slowing his DISGUSTING ability to consume sausage rolls. Reports have emerged that the Fusion team are now having to regularly DEEP-CLEAN the cockpit of Donnelly's car as he leaves it FILTHY after each session, having consumed at least EIGHT of the savoury snacks during pre-qualifying alone for the Southern US GP. Greggs though aren't bothered by the EMBARRASSING times set by the overweight driver and claim he is the "saviour of savoury" with sales of sausage rolls having SKYROCKETED since Donnelly signed for Fusion.

Homesick Cara leaves HRT fuming
After Douglas Mann was sensationally DUMPED by the Holden team, it has now emerged that their other driver, rookie Alberto Cara has been suffering from a bout of HOMESICKNESS. The Tropican driver has impressed many this season but it seems for the youngster that home, rather than the podium, is where the heart is. His TEARFUL interview to reporters after the last race in Phoenix would appear to confirm this. HRT boss John Zimmer is alleged to have SLAPPED Cara in the face in the motorhome afterwards, the Australian having previously said that he will not tolerate any PATHETIC excuses from his drivers any more.

Melrose baffled by modern F1RWRS cars
With Daniel Melrose demonstrating his ALARMING mediocrity inside the cockpit, it has emerged that the latest-spec Autodynamics car is leaving him CLUELESS about how to get the best out of it. The veteran Australian is known for being PICKY with the controls inside the cockpit and it appears that modern F1RWRS cars are just too complicated for the AGEING driver to understand. Fortunately for the team, Melrose will be AXED from the German GP onwards as Jean Vincent Albertini returns from his lengthy lay-off.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ron Mignolet wrote:Seriously, Tony, don't try to cash in on my waffle baking skills. And Pippa, whatever you're planning on barbecueing, it's probably some animal you caught in Tony's garden in the middle of the Ardennes, anyway. I bet these guys eat living wolves for breakfast. Have these Walloons even ever eaten vegetables? No wonder Eric got so fat lately.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Tony Gillet wrote:Yes, Ron, yes we do. Unlike you lot up North, we still have enough space to grow them ourselves! And don't try to take credit for our waffles. Liège waffles are infinitely better than your bland, thin paste from Brussels.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

PORE: Lucarelli IN; Lei OUT
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gauthier confirm that Ron Mignolet will be leaving the team effective immediately, to be replaced by the now-free Du Lei.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Just want people to know that Mignolets movements are not my idea, and that my official statement about it was 'i don't even care anymore'.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:Just want people to know that Mignolets movements are not my idea, and that my official statement about it was 'i don't even care anymore'.

You can try to hide behind apathy all you want, but in the end you can't claim you weren't an accessory to the whole thing :P

L'Equipe wrote:Spencer benched for Mignolet's euros

Ron Mignolet, who previously raced for Voeckler GPE throughout 2016 and the first few races of 2017, has returned to his former team for the US GP North, displacing former team-mate Nathanael Spencer.

Spencer has had a poor run of form so far this season, having been well off the pace of Mignolet's replacement at Voeckler, Thomas de Bock, for the past four races. While De Bock has hauled himself into title contention despite essentially starting his campaign three races after everyone else, Spencer has failed to impress and remains out of the main fight for the championship.

However, the performances of Spencer are said to only have been a secondary concern - Voeckler are rumoured to be having temporary cashflow problems that require alleviating, and the sponsorship money Ron Mignolet brings with him may well have been the clincher for his return to VGPE.

Despite this development, it is possible that Spencer may return to his seat later in the year, as there are ever strengthening reports that Mignolet will bow out of racing after his home race at Spa, which would leave the #2 car open for a return for the Brit.

Voeckler GPE Driver Change - Road Atlanta onwards
Image Nathanael Spencer
Image Ron Mignolet

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS commission to charge for driver changes from 2018

F1RWRS commission has announced today that they will start charging teams every time they move a driver from next season, following a recent round up of driver movements across the grid which will see half of the teams with different line-ups than those which started the season only 7 races ago.
Daniel Prieto was clear on why such a move will come; "We've seen too many driver changes lately. It's completely nonsense. Teams need to learn addressing their issues in a different way than by swapping drivers, and we somehow need to protect drivers rights here. I also guess talented drivers like Ron Mignolet need more security on his job, he doesn't need to be thrown from one team to another like that and I guess this doesn't make him any good, nor it makes him drive faster. So, we've decided to start charging teams an administrative fee which is yet to be determined but which should make team owners think twice before changing a driver. We are also thinking to introduce some mandatory clausules in every contract which should protect the drivers against such moves"
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:Hey, Prieto, is that Communism? Free market for everyone! We don't want our sport to become Cuba or North Korea!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:Hey, Prieto, is that Communism? Free market for everyone! We don't want our sport to become Cuba or North Korea!

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler wrote:These are exactly the words I spoke to Prieto when he told me the news! We should have a right to run our teams as we see fit. Removing the rights to terminate the contract of an employee that hasn't met his performance expectations is a necessary right of an employer. Teams shouldn't be punished for making sensible decisions. Firing someone before they've even done a single race is a whole other ball game, but firing someone that's proven to be underperforming in their work is justified and shouldn't exact punishment from the sporting body. It's not their place to say whether a contract termination was fair or not.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler wrote:These are exactly the words I spoke to Prieto when he told me the news! We should have a right to run our teams as we see fit. Removing the rights to terminate the contract of an employee that hasn't met his performance expectations is a necessary right of an employer. Teams shouldn't be punished for making sensible decisions. Firing someone before they've even done a single race is a whole other ball game, but firing someone that's proven to be underperforming in their work is justified and shouldn't exact punishment from the sporting body. It's not their place to say whether a contract termination was fair or not.

Maybe there should be two 'free' driver changes permitted per year per team, plus an 'extenuating circumstances' clause to cover injury/DSQ from event.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:
Biscione wrote:

Maybe there should be two 'free' driver changes permitted per year per team, plus an 'extenuating circumstances' clause to cover injury/DSQ from event.

I asked Aerond whether injury or bans would be charged for, and he said that if a driver is banned or injured in F1RWRS then the driver swap won't cost anything. If they are banned/injured OUTSIDE of F1RWRS (so, you know, if they're doing a Le Mans one-off and break their arm/leg/pride) then the charge will apply.

Let's be honest, it's got to the stage where everyone's swapping drivers like they were Pokémon cards. The worst problem is the wiki looks messy! :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

What I don't understand is why everyone is suddenly complaining. F1RWRS has been this way for a long time. Lots of mid-season driver changes are nothing new. What I also don't understand is Aerond encouraging some teams to start dropping and replacing drivers, then suddenly doing a U-turn and trying to discourage them altogether.

This rule is purely reactionary and isn't in the least thought out. Almost FIA-esque, I suppose. Isn't the idea of this whole series is to do things differently?

Image Image
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

I would rather keep my squad the same. But that is only me.
Officially Retired
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

HawkAussie wrote:I would rather keep my squad the same. But that is only me.

No, it's not just you.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS Commission bows for faster cars

More shocking news from F1RWRS Commission as Daniel Prieto has told the press that he'd want cars to be faster. "We've been trying for years to find a formula to increase the speed of the cars without compromising the fun factor of driving these cars and I think we've found the perfect solution which should also allow for more overtaking and closer racing". Inmediately after these words we received a fax from the F1RWRS commission stating that these technical changes for 2018:

- Engines will be 4.0L V6; allowing for an estimated extra 100 Bhp from current engines.
- New mandatory double floors and allowance for softer suspensions. The improved airflow below the car will allow for a great increase in downforce, while the improved suspensions will mean more grip is available.
- Engine ECUs limiting the power will made redundant.

What all these means is:

- Max BHP rating will be abolished
- All Drivers will have +1000 base grip, thus also reducing the relative difference between drivers.
- Engines will have +100 BHP (as new engines will be made for 2018, this is not a problem)
- I'm also studying about giving each chassis a "special feature" -kind like driver features in batracer-. A random feature from a list will be provided through RNG. Some possiblities include:

* High Downforce Aero: The car adapts better to High Downforce tracks, but worse to Low Downforce tracks.
* Low Downforce Aero: Contrary to High Downforce Aero.
* All Round Aero: The car adapts the same to all tracks, but no plus is given.
* Rain chassis: The car adapts specially well to low grip conditions (rain).
* Open for more suggestions to increase the number of options available. Maybe add the option to pay an extra to be able to choose the special feature instead of it being randomised.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Important News P12

Post by Aerond »

2018 Calendar Proposal

Marked with * are races that would be dropped in case of a 16 race calendar.

1.AUSTRALIAN GP -- Adelaide
2.NEW SOUTH WALES GP -- Bathurst
*3.INDONESIAN GP -- Sentul
4.ITALIAN GP -- Monza
5.AUSTRIAN GP -- Red Bull Ring
6.SOUTH US GP -- Long Beach
7.NORTH US GP -- Road America
8.CANADIAN GP -- Montreal or Toronto
9.BRITISH GP -- Brands Hatch
10.GERMAN GP -- Norisring
*11.DUTCH GP -- Stuw Lake (fictional track) or EUROPEAN GP -- Hockenheim
12.BELGIAN GP -- Spa
13.MONACO GP -- Montecarlo
14.MOROCCO GP -- Marrakech
15.BRAZILIAN GP -- Jacarepagua (rebuilt after 2016 olympics) or Sao Paulo Indy or SOUTH AFRICAN GP -- East London
16.ARGENTINA GP -- Buenos Aires
17.JAPANESE GP -- Fuji
18.CHINESE GP -- Macau

roblo97

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Important News P12

Post by roblo97 »

I am cool with this. It has a very nice mixture of tracks.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Aerond wrote:- Max BHP rating will be abolished
- All Drivers will have +1000 base grip, thus also reducing the relative difference between drivers.
- Engines will have +100 BHP (as new engines will be made for 2018, this is not a problem)
- I'm also studying about giving each chassis a "special feature" -kind like driver features in batracer-. A random feature from a list will be provided through RNG. Some possiblities include:
* High Downforce Aero: The car adapts better to High Downforce tracks, but worse to Low Downforce tracks.
* Low Downforce Aero: Contrary to High Downforce Aero.
* All Round Aero: The car adapts the same to all tracks, but no plus is given.
* Rain chassis: The car adapts specially well to low grip conditions (rain).
* Open for more suggestions to increase the number of options available. Maybe add the option to pay an extra to be able to choose the special feature instead of it being randomised.

I always though of Max BHP as chassis stiffness, the more powerful the engine the more the car flexes so the max bhp was the maximum range the car would work safely. Maybe another way would be to still have the max bhp, but allow users to go over this but get RGR, say 5 points per 1 bhp.

Driver base grip addition is good as long as the drivers don:t get too close.

Special feature is good. I think those 4 cover it, unless you add another one that improves handling so RGR is reduced.

Aerond wrote:2018 Calendar Proposal
*3.INDONESIAN GP -- Sentul
*11.DUTCH GP -- Stuw Lake (fictional track) or EUROPEAN GP -- Hockenheim
15.BRAZILIAN GP -- Jacarepagua (rebuilt after 2016 olympics) or Sao Paulo Indy or SOUTH AFRICAN GP -- East London

All good, although I would like to see both the Brazilian and South African GPs over the European / Dutch or Indonesian GP
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Road America TODAY from 7PM

Post by Aerond »

PRIVATE TEST -- 15, 16 & 17th June -- Silverstone

Weather: Wet 55%

BEST QUALIFYING PACE TIMES

1. Shinobu Katayama (RLR) -- 1.35.598

BEST RACE PACE TIMES

1. Shinobu Katayama (RLR) -- 1.38.858

REPORT;
1st Day -- Katayama didn't finish any of the simulations. On the first she crashed on second lap. On the second the Engine gave up.
2nd Day -- On the first simulation Katayama finished without any faults in the car. However, an Electrical fault was found on second run.
3rd Day -- Katayama was blisteringly fast in the morning, while in the evening she got back to inconsistent and slow times. The driver didn't have a clue on why the differences were so big between runs. No progress on her overall ability was made.
TOTAL RELIABILITY PROGRESS: 60 points.