Forza Jules

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
AustralianStig

Re: Forza Jules

Post by AustralianStig »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:But then, it is difficult to accept that the two most recent head/brain injuries to have occurred in Formula 1 cars themselves have both happed in Marussias... Coincidence? I hope for that outcome too.

I knew someone would come to this conclusion but I didn't expect it to be you Baker. Come on, you really think something is at work there? Daft suggestion.

Maybe. But did anyone notice that the first green flag lap was lap 10?

The conspiracy (or whatever it's called. Conspiracy just sounds best in here) has returned...

Come on mate, this isn't the thread for that.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:But then, it is difficult to accept that the two most recent head/brain injuries to have occurred in Formula 1 cars themselves have both happed in Marussias... Coincidence? I hope for that outcome too.

I knew someone would come to this conclusion but I didn't expect it to be you Baker. Come on, you really think something is at work there? Daft suggestion.

The conspiracy (or whatever it's called. Conspiracy just sounds best in here) has returned...

What's lap 10 got to do with it? Some stupid bollocks from another thread? Not being a complete idiot I also noted that the last two serious accidents happened to the same team but rather trivialising it into some fanciful in-joke I just thought it was a tonne of bad luck happening to the same guys.
Just For One Day...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Stooges pls, this is not the thread for this kind of stuff
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

OK, let me phrase myself another way, in the way I actually think. OF COURSE IT'S A COINCIDENCE. And there's definitely no conspiracy. I just hope that it's not down to negligence, which equally I am currently 99% sure it isn't (which is what was running through my head when I made that last comment).

I hope that clears that up? And I do feel TheFlyingCaterham's comments took it a too far too.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

dr-baker wrote:
I hope that clears that up? And I do feel TheFlyingCaterham's comments took it a too far too.

^
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

^

I think the best way to deal with this is for TheFlyingCaterham to apologise for his insensitivity, and for everyone else to move on.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TheFlyingCaterham

pasta_maldonado wrote:
TheFlyingCaterham wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

^

I think the best way to deal with this is for TheFlyingCaterham to apologise for his insensitivity, and for everyone else to move on.

Yea, sorry about that comment. I've been posting some kinda stupid posts lately (only 2 or 3, I think, but they're still stupid).

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Yea, sorry about that comment. I've been posting some kinda stupid posts lately (only 2 or 3, I think, but they're still stupid).
Yes, join the club...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

OK, that's done and over with.

I read earlier that Ferrari have sent a neurosurgeon to assess and assist in Bianchi's recovery which I thought was a nice show of support for his future.
Just For One Day...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Marussia really starts to feel like an actual continuation of Simtek's bad luck now. And that's not intended as being funny, just in case someone will think i have bad taste. It's just a worrying conclusion.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

So glad to see many of the drivers with this logo.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Reportedly, the g-force sensor on the car registered the deceleration of the crash at 92G. Bloody hell. :|

Forza Jules!
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

I would never take what Tobias Gruner says seriously. He's more often than not totally full of crap and is about as reliable as a L190 driven by Pastor Maldonado.
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

The update from his dad on BBC today is just heartbreaking to read. He is in a very bad way indeed. Whether he returns to racing is not important now - it's whether he can even wake up at the moment. :(
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It's only a little over a week from the time the incident happened. That is way too early to tell anything. He is on his way to recovery and that's all that counts. Karl Wendlinger, Mika Häkkinen, Roberto Guerrero and Cristiano Da Matta all were in coma for up to several weeks for the swelling to go down. Patience is the virtue, obviously. May Jules Bianchi have a full recovery soon.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
TheFlyingCaterham

Yannick wrote:It's only a little over a week from the time the incident happened. That is way too early to tell anything. He is on his way to recovery and that's all that counts. Karl Wendlinger, Mika Häkkinen, Roberto Guerrero and Cristiano Da Matta all were in coma for up to several weeks for the swelling to go down. Patience is the virtue, obviously. May Jules Bianchi have a full recovery soon.

Well, let's hope Jules recovers like Hakkinen did :)

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:
Yannick wrote:It's only a little over a week from the time the incident happened. That is way too early to tell anything. He is on his way to recovery and that's all that counts. Karl Wendlinger, Mika Häkkinen, Roberto Guerrero and Cristiano Da Matta all were in coma for up to several weeks for the swelling to go down. Patience is the virtue, obviously. May Jules Bianchi have a full recovery soon.

Well, let's hope Jules recovers like Hakkinen did :)

Please, there's no need to use such platitudes and encourage false optimism. It isn't nice to read. Hakkinen fractured his skull, and it was a horrible accident, but his brain did not swell up. He was in a coma for less than 24 hours. He didn't have the same level of traumatic brain injury as Bianchi suffered. They're not on the same playing field.
Of course, it's my wish for Bianchi to make a great recovery, but to throw around such superlatives and hopelessly optimistic comparisons feels insensitive. There's well-wishing and there's blissful ignorance. Comparing Jules to these drivers who suffered harrowing accidents and then returned to racing, at this moment in time, just feels wrong, and completely the wrong priority.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/10/20/brawn-and-domenicali-join-fias-bianchi-accident-investigation/

Meanwhile, the panel of experts that will investigate Bianchi's crash has been announced.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

East Londoner wrote:Reportedly, the g-force sensor on the car registered the deceleration of the crash at 92G. Bloody hell. :|

Forza Jules!

G forces aren't the only source of injury otherwise the likes of Vitor Meira, Townsend Bell, and Elliott Sadler would have seen far worse injuries in their respective crashes as all were as violent if not worse in terms of G-forces with Meira and Sadler supposedly exceeding 100G. I wonder if F1 should have raced in that typhoon in the first place as it was worsening as the race progressed.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Jules could be transferred to Lausanne, where Schumacher was treated (article in French): http://www.20min.ch/ro/news/vaud/story/12226187

EDIT: Never mind: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/10/30/b ... rope-soon/
#FreeGonzo
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Reportedly, the g-force sensor on the car registered the deceleration of the crash at 92G. Bloody hell. :|

Forza Jules!

G forces aren't the only source of injury otherwise the likes of Vitor Meira, Townsend Bell, and Elliott Sadler would have seen far worse injuries in their respective crashes as all were as violent if not worse in terms of G-forces with Meira and Sadler supposedly exceeding 100G. I wonder if F1 should have raced in that typhoon in the first place as it was worsening as the race progressed.

I know Kenny Brack's crash in the IRL at Texas in '03 was 214G, which would be over double what Bianchi experienced, but Brack survived. So I doubt G-Forces means an enormous amount in Bianchi's case.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Great news - Jules is now breathing unaided, and he was transferred to France last night. Still a long way to go in his recovery, but this is a big step.

Statement from the Bianchi family
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

East Londoner wrote:Great news - Jules is now breathing unaided, and he was transferred to France last night.

Good lad, Jules. The latest update on MSC left me feeling sad.
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:Great news - Jules is now breathing unaided, and he was transferred to France last night. Still a long way to go in his recovery, but this is a big step.

Statement from the Bianchi family

It's a welcome sign that things are moving in the right direction - it's still early on in what is likely to be a long process, but hopefully it is a sign that things are gradually getting better.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
andrew

Post by andrew »

According to the crash panel jules did not slow down for the yellows enough. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30319256

He hit the 6500kg crane at 78mph
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Latest statement from the Bianchi family has been released. No change in Jules's condition, but he has begun rehabilitation therapy.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

East Londoner wrote:Latest statement from the Bianchi family has been released. No change in Jules's condition, but he has begun rehabilitation therapy.

Keep praying for Jules, people.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

As the anniversary of Jules's heroics at Monaco approaches, sadly his prognosis is still grim. It's gonna be an emotional weekend for the good folks at Manor, and how fitting would it be if Stevens or Merhi could snag a point or two in a chaotic race this Sunday.

Forza Jules.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Awful to think of him still out of it after all this time. Where there's life there's hope.
Just For One Day...
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bianc ... t-recovery

Have to admit I've all but lost hope now. Don't even know how to put it into words.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Reading his father say it's worse than if he'd died doesn't exactly make for a comfortable experience.

Come on now Jules, wake up.
Just For One Day...
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

CoopsII wrote:Reading his father say it's worse than if he'd died doesn't exactly make for a comfortable experience.

Reading between the lines, it wouldn't surprise me if they turned off the life support machine should the doctors advise that he will never race again. Especially given the conversation his dad recalled in the wake of Schumacher's accident.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Fetzie wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Reading his father say it's worse than if he'd died doesn't exactly make for a comfortable experience.

Reading between the lines, it wouldn't surprise me if they turned off the life support machine should the doctors advise that he will never race again. Especially given the conversation his dad recalled in the wake of Schumacher's accident.

Well, perhaps the decision might be based on a broader scope than just that but often quality of life is a factor in these terrible choices. As a parent I cannot imagine it.
Just For One Day...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I was thinking about all this a couple of days ago. It's clear that if this were 30 years ago, Jules would have been declared dead probably on the same day as the accident, and we'd have had our first F1 fatality for 20 years. But the technological and medical advances of recent years have allowed doctors to "save" patients with critical head injuries and give them a shot at recovery.

Unfortunately for Jules (and I feel for Michael as well) that recovery period has long since elapsed, and we're in a situation of limbo, as if he's neither alive nor dead. It must be horrific having to face that decision of potentially ending everything with your son lying there in a hospital bed. The sad reality is though, in hindsight, Jules left us on that rainy day at Suzuka.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Dunno if you guys have heard of the French footballer Jean-Pierre Adams, but Jules & Michael's situation does remind me of him (sadly) He's been in a coma for 32 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/27/jean-pierre-adams-footballer-coma
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Awful story about the footballer but the length of his particular coma may be directly related to the specific cause (says CoopsII the neuro specialist - LOL).
Just For One Day...
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Can't really say anything else than ForzaJules forever...
Rest in peace
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Although he has been teetering on the edge for a painfully long time, it still comes as a shock for me to read this news. Two weeks short of what would have been his 26th birthday too.

Forza Jules. A great talent lost.
#FreeGonzo
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Very sad news. Too young to die. RIP.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Pacific

Post by Pacific »

Rest in peace, Jules.
#16 Bertrand Gachot, Giovanni Lavaggi, Jean-Denis Deletraz
#17 Andrea Montermini
#33 Paul Belmondo
#34 Bertrand Gachot