Best Feel Good Moments

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Ed24

Re: Your favourite "Punch the air" moments in F1

Post by Ed24 »

mario wrote:And leaving aside the arguments over stewarding decisions, Massa was also error prone that season, and he failed to really take advantage of having a very competitive car. After all, he span a perfectly healthy car out of the Malaysian GP, and admitted it was his mistake, was penalised for spinning Hamilton in the Japanese GP and lucky not to be penalised for hitting Bourdais, and we know about the problems he faced in the British GP. So, whilst he may have put in some very impressive and mature performances, he did put in some very scrappy performances, much like Hamilton did: on driving performance alone, it is contentious at the very least to say that Massa was the more deserving champion (however you wish to define the term deserving).

OK, they both made mistakes. But you can't deny that Massa was robbed of a lot of points from forces outside his control, whereas Hamilton wasn't really. I think that is where many people, including myself, see Massa as the better driver (he created more opportunities, had to beat a better teammate) in that season.

-Australia - 3 points - engine failure - would have finished 6th after Raikkonen and Bourdais retired
-Hungary - 10 points - engine failure
-Singapore - 6+ points - botched pitstop - potential win lost due to Renault's cheating. Even with this and without the bad stop, would have likely finished on the podium based on his early speed.

This all outweighs Spa anyway, even though I believe that was a fair penalty (see below).

madmark1974 wrote:I'm not going to go on about this too much, but Massa was definitely given some assistance by ridiculous stewarding decisions i.e. penalising Hamilton's pass on Kimi at Spa thereby giving Massa the win,
and the aforementioned penalty for Bourdais. Plus, I think if you add up all of Massa's errors at Silverstone it comes to more than Hamilton's for the entire year ...

I'm surprised that people are still questioning the stewards' decision at Spa 2008. In my mind there was no doubt that Lewis gained an advantage by cutting the chicane. There was simply no way he would have been in a place to overtake if he had taken the chicane normally.

Also, I would say that Lewis' mistake in Canada was just as bad as Massa in Singapore. Don't forget that Kimi spun a few times that day as well, and the F2008 was well-known as a difficult car to drive in the wet. Destroying the races of others is worse than destroying your own, I think.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
jpm

Post by jpm »

Ed24 wrote:
mario wrote:And leaving aside the arguments over stewarding decisions, Massa was also error prone that season, and he failed to really take advantage of having a very competitive car. After all, he span a perfectly healthy car out of the Malaysian GP, and admitted it was his mistake, was penalised for spinning Hamilton in the Japanese GP and lucky not to be penalised for hitting Bourdais, and we know about the problems he faced in the British GP. So, whilst he may have put in some very impressive and mature performances, he did put in some very scrappy performances, much like Hamilton did: on driving performance alone, it is contentious at the very least to say that Massa was the more deserving champion (however you wish to define the term deserving).

OK, they both made mistakes. But you can't deny that Massa was robbed of a lot of points from forces outside his control, whereas Hamilton wasn't really. I think that is where many people, including myself, see Massa as the better driver (he created more opportunities, had to beat a better teammate) in that season.

-Australia - 3 points - engine failure - would have finished 6th after Raikkonen and Bourdais retired
-Hungary - 10 points - engine failure
-Singapore - 6+ points - botched pitstop - potential win lost due to Renault's cheating. Even with this and without the bad stop, would have likely finished on the podium based on his early speed.

This all outweighs Spa anyway, even though I believe that was a fair penalty (see below).

madmark1974 wrote:I'm not going to go on about this too much, but Massa was definitely given some assistance by ridiculous stewarding decisions i.e. penalising Hamilton's pass on Kimi at Spa thereby giving Massa the win,
and the aforementioned penalty for Bourdais. Plus, I think if you add up all of Massa's errors at Silverstone it comes to more than Hamilton's for the entire year ...

I'm surprised that people are still questioning the stewards' decision at Spa 2008. In my mind there was no doubt that Lewis gained an advantage by cutting the chicane. There was simply no way he would have been in a place to overtake if he had taken the chicane normally.

Also, I would say that Lewis' mistake in Canada was just as bad as Massa in Singapore. Don't forget that Kimi spun a few times that day as well, and the F2008 was well-known as a difficult car to drive in the wet. Destroying the races of others is worse than destroying your own, I think.

You mean Silverstone ;) I've got to agree, and even Japan Lewis made his own mistake in trying to overtake everyone at turn one and dragging everyone else off. Oh well, better luck next year Felipe!
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Any time Montoya passed Schumacher (2001-2006).
As mentioned before, Raikonnen taking Fisichella at Suzuka 05, Hamilton taking Raikonnen at Monza 07, and watching the Redbulls come together in Turkey.
Mark Webber taking his first victory.
Watching Brawn win.
Watching Lewis Hamilton win back to back at Canada and Indianapolis in 07.
Watching Alonso lap the Ferraris at Hungary 03.
Me taking third in the Canadian Grand Prix in F1 2010 on the highest difficulty. :D (I even got pole!)
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

DC flicking Schumacher the bird at Magny Cours....
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

East Londoner wrote:Pretty much nearly every incident that happened at Interlagos and Silverstone in 2003.
Hakkinen's wonder pass on Schumacher at Spa.

How can I have missed these two?
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Dom

Post by Dom »

What about the opposite? How about your favourite "Head in Hands" moments, when you see your hopes crushed by cruel fate? Mine would probably include:
1) Damon Hill's ultra-reliable Renault engine giving up, at Monaco of all places, when he was well on his way to victory at a track so closely associated with his father.
2) Another Hill moment at Hungary at Hungary '97, when he dragged his recalcitrant Arrows up to third on the grid then overtook Schumacher's Ferrari and was about forty seconds up when, with two laps to go, a fault in his throttle linkage dropped him to second and robbed Arrows of a chance to finally one a race.
3) European GP 1999. Poor, poor Luca.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

For the HiH (besides Badoer):

- Verstappen taking out Montoya in Brazil '01
- Hakkinen's last lap engine blow in Barcelona '01
- Raikkonen's suspension at the European GP '05
- Raikkonen-Sutil crash in Monaco '08
- Sutil crashing out from the points in China '09
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Favorite punch the air moments?

Schumacher flying into the gravel trap at Jerez 1997 followed by Häkkinen overtaking Villeneuve and winning his first race.
Schuey puncturing his tyre at Suzuka 1998 thus making Häkkinen the world champion.
The awesome pass at Spa 2000 when Häkkinen weaved around Zonta and overtook Schuey on the same spot.
Räikkönen crossing the finishline in Brazil 2007 and thus becoming the World champ.

Head in hands?
Nurburgring 1997 and the smoking Mercedes of Häkkinen...
1999 Monza and the Crying Finn
Hamilton overtaking Glock at Brazil 2008
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Here are some of mine that I can think of off the top of my head.

PitA:

-Monza 1999: Frentzen's win keeping him in the championship hunt
-Spa 2000: Hakkinen's famous move
-Melbourne 2002: Webber's first points
-Japan 2005: Kimi's win
-Monza 2006: Alonso's engine failing
-Shanghai 2007: Hamilton into the gravel
-Brazil 2007: Kimi winning the championship
-Hungary 2008: Massa's brilliant start to take the lead
-Brazil 2008: Vettel passing Hamilton, Massa crossing the line in 1st, and Massa's dignity in defeat
-Germany 2009: Webber's first pole and win
-Germany 2010: Massa takes the lead at the start from 3rd
-Monza and Singapore 2010: Hamilton DNFs
-Abu Dhabi 2010: Fred not winning the title

HiH:

-Hungary 1997: Hill's failure
-Europe 1999: Badoer...
-Austria 2002: Ferrari's team orders
-2005: any of Kimi's mechanical or tyre failures
-USA 2005: start of race with 6 cars
-Monaco 2006: Webber's engine failure
-Japan 2006: Schumacher's engine failure
-Japan 2007: Webber/Vettel crash under SC
-Hungary 2008: Massa's engine failure
-Brazil 2008: Hamilton taking the championship at the final turn
-Germany 2009: Ferrari's team orders
-Abraham Lincoln
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

I haven't been watching F1 for nearly as many years as the rest of you, and so I can only think of one PtA moment in memory: Hulkenberg's pole at Brazil. I would have put Kobayashi's antics at Suzuka on there, but instead of punching the air I was just saying through clenched teeth, "don'twreckitdon'twreckitdon'twreckit."

I can think of a lot of HiH moments though; basically any time Vettel wrecked and especially the Red Bull collision at Turkey.
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.
jpm

Post by jpm »

Hih; when Montoya left for NASCAR :cry:

Whenever Jonathan Legard opens his mouth and says something I spotted minutes ago as if it was revelatory
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Legard was doing football commentary on a Championship (for those not aware, 2nd level of English football!) yesterday and still managed to use the word 'crucial' twice in about a minute. I was so gobsmacked I'm not sure he didn't do it deliberately, but surely not...

Anyway, head in hands moments are a bit more difficult to remember right now, but these will do for starters -

Streiff acting like a total idiot and bashing into team mate Laffite, Adelaide 1985.
Mansell's tyre blowout in Adelaide 1986.
The massive start line accident at Austria 1987, particularly Fabre's contribution.
De Cesaris knocking Dallara team mate Caffi out of the way to get a podium, whichever race it was, 1989.
(Pattern emerging here!) Ralf bashing into Fisichella at any available opportunity in their year at Jordan.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Head in hands: Kubica and Vettel colliding towards the end of the 2009 Australian GP.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

For HIH, mines would probably be
1995 Japan - Alesi's charge through the field ended when his engine gave in
1998 Japan - Schumachers tyre blow
2006 Japan - replace tyre with engine
2007 Japan - Vettel and Webbers crash. I felt sorry for Vettel
2008 Brazil - Hamiltons final lap pass, meaning the Jingosim factor went through the roof

Hmm, ive noticed a trend with my choices in the form of the venue...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Heidfeld's two double-overtakes in one single rainy race at the exit of Woodcote Corner, Silverstone, in the late 2000s

Vettel dominating the Italian GP weekend at Monza for Toro Rosso, the former Minardi

Robert Kubica winning the Canadian GP for BMW Sauber, their first victory in F1 ever

Michael Schumacher in the Benetton spinning around 360 degrees on the outside kerb at Stavelot corner (I think), Spa-Francorchamps, and keeping it on the track (in a race he was later disqualified for having a too thin wooden plank underneath the car)

Fernando Alonso, Heikki Kovalainen and Jenson Button all taking their first victory in the Hungarian GP, but in different years

Damon Hill leading the Hungarian GP in the Arrows in 97

Heinz-Harald Frentzen's victory for Williams at Imola

The newly turned privateers of Brawn GP dominating the season that turned out to be their only one

I think there are many more, too many to mention.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
cretoxyrhina

Post by cretoxyrhina »

Punch the air:
1999 European GP: Need I say more?
2006 Hungarian GP: Pedro de la Rosa finished 2nd
2007 Canadian GP: TAKU! TAKU! TAKU!
2007 European GP: Markus WInkelhock leading

Head in Hands:
1997 Argentinean GP: Jordan 'civil war'
1997 Canadian GP: Olivier Panis' accident
1998 Belgian GP: Schumi vs. DC

Facepalm:
2005 - US GP
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

My Hands in the head moments:
-Hülkenberg surrendering meekly at the 2010 Brazilian GP.
-Most of the 2006 season.
-Montoya's antics in 2006.
-Räikkönen doing nothing to help Massa at the 2008 Brazilian GP.
-Pele's mishap with the checkered flag at the 2002 Brazilian GP.
-When Piquet Jr. went snitch about Crashgate in 2009.
-Badoer embarrassing himself with Ferrari in those two races in 2009.
-Massa's accident at Hungary in 2009.
-Fisichella not winning at Belgium in 2009.
-Sutil not getting a podium place at Italy in 2009.
mario

Post by mario »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Head in hands: Kubica and Vettel colliding towards the end of the 2009 Australian GP.

I think that the worst part of that was the fact that Red Bull told Vettel to continue driving around the track even though his car was so heavily damaged.

Asides from dropping debris around the rest of the track, which must have made cleaning the track unnecessarily hard for the marshalls, Red Bull should have known that what they were instructing him to do was against the rules (since the rules state that a damaged car should be stopped at the earliest possible opportunity).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

I'm sure all these have already been mentioned, but...

Damon Hill crossing the line at Suzuka in '96.
Earlier in the same race, the coverage cutting to the onboard camera shot of a stationary Jacques Villeneuve.
The opening race of the '96 season produced a few with the two Williams battling it out.
Damon Hill in the Arrows taking the lead at Hungary '97.
Schuey blitzing into the back of Coulthard in THAT Belgian GP (as you can tell I was a big Damon Hill fan!) thus giving Jordan their first win.
Mark Webber crossing the line to take fifth for Minardi in Melbourne.
Vettel and Toro Rosso's maiden win, as it meant that effectively a Minardi had won a GP.
Panis taking the lead at Monaco '96 would have been another had I been watching the race live, but I remember I was at a motorcycle meeting that day and only heard the closing stages of the race on the car radio afterwards. My reaction at the time was "How the bathplug is Panis leading?!"

As for Damon's Arrows starting to falter on the last lap at Hungary '97 - that was more than a head-in-hands moment, I was almost crying!
I'm sure I don't need to talk about USA '05 - I stopped watching F1 for quite a while after that fiasco.
Last edited by Pieman on 28 Feb 2011, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Forza Forti
BabyG

Post by BabyG »

Hill winning at Silverstone in 1994. A home race victory and the disqualification of his main rival - it was every thing an 8 year old Hill fan could have dreamed of!
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Phoenix wrote:My Hands in the head moments:

What else could Raikkonen have done?
-Abraham Lincoln
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ed24 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:My Hands in the head moments:

What else could Raikkonen have done?

Taken Lewis out in in similar way to how he used to take Sutil out?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:Taken Lewis out in in similar way to how he used to take Sutil out?

It is not nearly funny enough. What's better than to wreck Sutil chances in the odd race he turns out to be good? :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Webber scoring points in Australia 02'
The Montoya-Raikkonen battle at Hockenheim 02'
Rubens' Podium at Silverstone in 08'

HIH:
Every time Montoya took a corner because you never knew when he would bin it.
Raikkonen being Sutil's nemesis.
Badoer's and Frentzen's retirement at Nurburgring 99'
Everytime Schuey won a race.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Taken Lewis out in in similar way to how he used to take Sutil out?

It is not nearly funny enough. What's better than to wreck Sutil chances in the odd race he turns out to be good? :)

I'll try better next time... You know I meant Kimi could have helped Massa more in Brazil 2008 by taking Lewis out, and that Sutil was an analogy? :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

I'll try better next time... You know I meant Kimi could have helped Massa more in Brazil 2008 by taking Lewis out, and that Sutil was an analogy? :?

Yes, I know you meant that. I tried to answer it by saying that, for Kimi, crashing into Hamilton was not as fun as crashing into Sutil and wrecking his few chances of a great result. It was supposed to be a joke but I totally missed it then by writing some gibberish...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:It is not nearly funny enough. What's better than to wreck Sutil chances in the odd race he turns out to be good? :)

Yes, I know you meant that. I tried to answer it by saying that, for Kimi, crashing into Hamilton was not as fun as crashing into Sutil and wrecking his few chances of a great result. It was supposed to be a joke but I totally missed it then by writing some gibberish...

Maybe it was me thinking you were trying to be serious. :oops: And to be honest, by Lewis winning that year, it allowed Massa to prove that he is a genuinely good guy with his heart in the right place by being so gracious and Lewis got the championship. The only real loser was Timo Glock by being slated for using the wrong tyres.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:Maybe it was me thinking you were trying to be serious. :oops: And to be honest, by Lewis winning that year, it allowed Massa to prove that he is a genuinely good guy with his heart in the right place by being so gracious and Lewis got the championship. The only real loser was Timo Glock by being slated for using the wrong tyres.

More people came to like Massa after that season. He is indeed a good guy. About Timo Glock, I think that Toyota, by not pitting, ended up putting their guy in that vulnerable position. He managed to get slated by both the Ferrari and the McClaren camps!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

What lots of people actually forget about Glock at Brazil '08 is that before the rain he was 7th (behind Kovalainen as well) and ended up finishing 6th, and everyone thinks Toyota totally messed up! :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

James1978 wrote:What lots of people actually forget about Glock at Brazil '08 is that before the rain he was 7th (behind Kovalainen as well) and ended up finishing 6th, and everyone thinks Toyota totally messed up! :)

I actually remembered that and was going to mention it in the post only to forget about it again... :oops:
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Hulkenberg pole.
I actually shouted. YES WILLIAMS ARE BACK!!!
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

James1978 wrote:What lots of people actually forget about Glock at Brazil '08 is that before the rain he was 7th (behind Kovalainen as well) and ended up finishing 6th, and everyone thinks Toyota totally messed up! :)

And some people accused Glock of slowing down for Lewis but Glock was faster than Jarno who was in the same car on the same tyres!
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Head in Hands moments.
Jean Alesi running out of fuel at Melbourne in 1997
The last 3 laps of Hungary in 1997
Schumacher running Frentzen off the road at Canada 1998. Should have gotten a harsher punishment.
Badoer at the 1999 European Grand Prix :cry: :cry:
2001 Austrian GP
Virtually the entire 2002 season.
Virually the entire 2004 season, apart from Monaco and Indianapolis
2005 US GP (GO HOME, Ferrari and Max Mosley!)
Pizzona taking Montoya off at Spa 2005
Schumacher's engine at Suzuka 2006.
Schumacher's puncture at Interlagos 2006.
Hamilton's first pole and win.
The safety car ruining the truely awesome first laps of the 2007 European GP
Hamilton cheating his way back onto the track at the same race.
Anything Hamilton did at the 2007 Japanese GP (apart from his spin)
The last laps of the 2008 Monaco GP
The last corner of the last lap of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix
Kubica/Vettel crash at Melbourne 2009.
Hamilton's blatant cheating against Truli at the same race (you may have noticed a slight theme here in the last few ones)
Anything the FIA did in 2008-2009
Red Bull collison at Instanbul
2010 German GP. 'Nuff said.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

There wasn't the need to take Hamilton out, he could just have slowed him down so he wouldn't have reached that 5th place.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Hand in Head moments:
  • Whenever there was a political shenanigan...
  • Most of the seasons of Ferrari dominance, where the press hyped several rival teams while also hyping the season only for arriving at the first race and finding out that Ferrari was miles ahead of anyone else.
  • Max Mosley.
  • Williams being very competitive in tests, raising their profile, only to find out at the first races that they were actually behind (very) the front runners.
  • Williams changing to the Winfield livery. It could only have meant disaster.
  • Several of Williams driver swaps.
  • Ralf Schumacher.
  • Toyota F1 efforts.
  • This year Monaco GP final lap. They managed to even fool the drivers with that "lets finish with green flag to look like we actually raced to the end" ruling.

Head in Wall (several times) moments:
  • The 2005 US GP
  • The 2002 Austrian GP
  • The 2010 German GP
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Phoenix wrote:There wasn't the need to take Hamilton out, he could just have slowed him down so he wouldn't have reached that 5th place.

I suppose, but there is always a danger that Hamilton will overtake Kimi as well. There weren't really any other cars fast enough to run with Lewis that day, apart from the Toyota.

I must say, I do give Hamilton credit for having the patience and temperament not just to have a massive lunge at Vettel at Turn 1 or somewhere else and hope it paid off - it must have been tempting with one lap to go and being in a desperate situation.
-Abraham Lincoln
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:(GO HOME, Max Mosley!).

He did. Only problem is that he thought it was a basement made out to be a dungeon with some dodgy ladies.

Ed24 wrote:I must say, I do give Hamilton credit for having the patience and temperament not just to have a massive lunge at Vettel at Turn 1 or somewhere else and hope it paid off - it must have been tempting with one lap to go and being in a desperate situation.

Agreed. There was some very controlled, measured driving that day from both Massa and Hamilton. And thank goodness nobody did try taking anybody else out!
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:Agreed. There was some very controlled, measured driving that day from both Massa and Hamilton. And thank goodness nobody did try taking anybody else out!

Yes, we already have plenty of that. What we needed was some clean racing and we got that. I wonder if that would happen in the same situation but with Alonso instead of Raikkonen at Ferrari...
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Well it will be fascinating to see what Alonso does if he is ever given some team orders.

Imagine if Alonso blocks Massa from winning the title in the final race in Brazil this year. I think Alonso would be wise to skip future Brazilian races if that were the case! :D

Ferrari has already put themselves into a dangerous position by allowing Alonso to get his way at Hockenheim last year. Hopefully they have the guts to stand up to him at some point. Of course, as we saw at McLaren, Alonso will resort to blackmail or other dirty tricks to make sure that this doesn't happen.
-Abraham Lincoln
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Ed24 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:There wasn't the need to take Hamilton out, he could just have slowed him down so he wouldn't have reached that 5th place.

I suppose, but there is always a danger that Hamilton will overtake Kimi as well. There weren't really any other cars fast enough to run with Lewis that day, apart from the Toyota.

I must say, I do give Hamilton credit for having the patience and temperament not just to have a massive lunge at Vettel at Turn 1 or somewhere else and hope it paid off - it must have been tempting with one lap to go and being in a desperate situation.

I think Hamilton was probably told about Glock's situation and not to have a go at Vettel.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy