Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
ibsey

Re: Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

Post by ibsey »

AndreaModa wrote:
ibsey wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Indeed. By applying the correct amount of oil to his hair, he can keep the helmet closer to his scalp without fear of ruining his most excellent haircut. This reduces drag by decreasing the overall height of his profile whilst driving the car by a few fractions of a millimeter, which is oh-so-crucial in gaining those few important thousandths of a second.

...as well as provide better overall weight distribution & centre of gravity. Thus increasing performance yet further. This is how the mind of a future WDC works.

You know, my old PE teacher once said to a mate of mine that if he gelled his hair up then he'd actually run faster (honest!), so clearly Max is thinking along the same lines here.

Oh there is no doubt about it. I shave my hair off, as it much more aerodynamically efficient when cycling. Thus easier on the legs also. As my hair grows back extremely quickly, sometimes I am forced to cycle before getting a chance to shave. So I know the differences between the two. And I am not kidding on this.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ah but Max doesn't want to shave his hair off, that would impact negatively on his gorgeous looks.

My PE teacher suggested that by gelling his hair up, my mate would loose heat quicker, and dissipate energy faster, thus improving efficiency and performance. Considering Max sports such an awesome hairstyle, it would seem he is intent on doing the same.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

AndreaModa wrote:Ah but Max doesn't want to shave his hair off, that would impact negatively on his gorgeous looks.

What are you trying to say about my looks then? Only kidding. ;)

Also Max has enough natural talent, that he doesn't need to shave his hair. His skill compensates for any aero disadvantage. Obviously his looks are far more important than this.

LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Just being good isn't enough for Max. You gotta look good doing it.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

To quote from the film White Men Can't Jump :

You'd rather look good and lose, than look bad and win

That's Max's life philosophy right there!
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Autosport:Breaking news wrote: Chilton: pace proves title credentials 10:04

The ChiltonCraze is spreading :D

.... to his brother :lol:
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

johnnyCarwash wrote:
Autosport:Breaking news wrote: Chilton: pace proves title credentials 10:04

The ChiltonCraze is spreading :D

.... to his brother :lol:

Well, it's not like Max had to prove anything, is it? We all knew he was championship material, before he even stepped in the Marussia.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Had to laugh at this line from the BBC's live update of FP1 :

0827: Britain's Max Chilton looks relaxed in the Marussia garage. The rookie, sunglasses on, is leaning against the wall chatting to his mechanics while some tweaks - including sticking some decals on the car - are made.

Never mind suspension, dampers, or gear ratio changes - you've got to get the stickers right first and foremost!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

madmark1974 wrote:Had to laugh at this line from the BBC's live update of FP1 :

0827: Britain's Max Chilton looks relaxed in the Marussia garage. The rookie, sunglasses on, is leaning against the wall chatting to his mechanics while some tweaks - including sticking some decals on the car - are made.

Never mind suspension, dampers, or gear ratio changes - you've got to get the stickers right first and foremost!

Well, obviously. Next to properly styled hair, sticker placement is one of the most crucial areas in improving laptimes.
Everything's great.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:Had to laugh at this line from the BBC's live update of FP1 :

Well, obviously. Next to properly styled hair, sticker placement is one of the most crucial areas in improving laptimes.

Making sure you place decals flat on the car so they don't give it any unaerodynamic little bumps is an actual thing people have to do with NASCAR stock cars.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Well, obviously. Next to properly styled hair, sticker placement is one of the most crucial areas in improving laptimes.

Making sure you place decals flat on the car so they don't give it any unaerodynamic little bumps is an actual thing people have to do with NASCAR stock cars.

Exactly.
Everything's great.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

LionZoo wrote:Image

So not only has Chilton cloned himself three times, he has also absorbed the Marussia team and persuaded Bernie to allow them to run four cars.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Ahh, but you'll notice that the team name is blank!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I believe this is his birthday present from Bernie, as today, our mighty Max turned 22. Happy birthday.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

The ChiltonCraze is faltering. Beaten by Van der Garde in qualifying although he did get within a good margin of Bianchi although that could be down to the consistent pit fires and the fact that Jules missed FP1
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Shizuka wrote:I believe this is his birthday present from Bernie, as today, our mighty Max turned 22. Happy birthday.

So now his age matches his usual grid position ...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

And it'll probably be the only time all year where Gutierrez is the fastest at something.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

madmark1974 wrote:
Shizuka wrote:I believe this is his birthday present from Bernie, as today, our mighty Max turned 22. Happy birthday.

So now his age matches his usual grid position ...

Nope, GVDG is in F1 :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Guys, less of this. After all, did MaxiAttack not start ahead of the mighty Esteban Gutierrez? Lest we forget, Guti drives a Sauber with Ferrari engines in it- the same engines that propel Fernando Alonso. So in a way, The Messiah actually started ahead of Alonso...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

MaxiAttack update: He qualified ahead of the talented Charles Pic! Never mind that he was shite in the race, he out qualified the forums most popular driver of 2012! :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Fact: Max Chilton finished two spots higher than he qualified.
Fact: Lewis Hamilton finished ten spots lower than he qualified.

Who had the better race? The improving Chilton, or the hopeless washed up former World Champion Hamilton?
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

LionZoo wrote:Fact: Max Chilton finished two spots higher than he qualified.

Who had the better race? The improving Chilton, or the hopeless washed up former World Champion Hamilton?

Another Fact; Max looked after his tyres better than Lewis.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ibsey wrote:
LionZoo wrote:Fact: Max Chilton finished two spots higher than he qualified.

Another Fact; Max looked after his tyres better than Lewis.

Another Fact: Max looked after his hair better than Lewis.
Everything's great.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Also Max had twice as good a start as Lewis did. Since Max only lost 1 place on the opening lap whereas Lewis lost 2 places.

Yet no one seems to be calling for Max to replace Lewis at Mercedes? Must be another conspiracy to keep our boy from dominating F1. And looking hella good whilst doing it. ;)

UncreativeUsername37

ibsey wrote:Also Max had twice as good a start as Lewis did. Since Max only lost 1 place on the opening lap whereas Lewis lost 2 places.

Yet no one seems to be calling for Max to replace Lewis at Mercedes? Must be another conspiracy to keep our boy from dominating F1. And looking hella good whilst doing it. ;)

Considering that he's about to start beating Bianchi with the way he's been closing up on him, once all the contracts run out at the end of 2013, he's sure to be hot property. Since Red Bull have their own programme with Toro Rosso and Ferrari seem happy with both their drivers, replacing Grosjean at Lotus would be the most obvious thing.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Wizzie wrote:And it'll probably be the only time all year where Gutierrez is the fastest at something.

*cough*fastlap*cough*
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
takagi_for_the_win

ibsey wrote:Also Max had twice as good a start as Lewis did. Since Max only lost 1 place on the opening lap whereas Lewis lost 2 places.

Considering that he's about to start beating Bianchi with the way he's been closing up on him, once all the contracts run out at the end of 2013, he's sure to be hot property. Since Red Bull have their own programme with Toro Rosso and Ferrari seem happy with both their drivers, replacing Grosjean at Lotus would be the most obvious thing.

You mean he isn't already? :?:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Max is such an electric talent, that he even powers his own KERS system. In fact his electricity is what causes his awesome hair style.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Our Max has been showing the Chelsea kids just how good at football he is, and then how much better a driver he is as well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22494560

In all seriousness, I'd been wondering what the "Let's Race" logos on the Marussia car were about, and this is it. They're a motorsport training programme with a bunch of simulators and stuff.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Funny how some people here believe Chilton had a good race. His teammate, who was forces to pit for damage on Lap 1, finished 20 seconds up the road..
As for missing FP1, that was nothing. Chilton's been the busiest at BCN in pre-season testing, and setup works there are the easiest.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

wsrgo wrote:Funny how some people here believe Chilton had a good race. His teammate, who was forces to pit for damage on Lap 1, finished 20 seconds up the road..
As for missing FP1, that was nothing. Chilton's been the busiest at BCN in pre-season testing, and setup works there are the easiest.

A quick hint, nothing in this thread should be taken too seriously! I fell for it as well! ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

AndreaModa wrote:
wsrgo wrote:Funny how some people here believe Chilton had a good race. His teammate, who was forces to pit for damage on Lap 1, finished 20 seconds up the road..

A quick hint, nothing in this thread should be taken too seriously! I fell for it as well! ;)

Oh well...thanks for that...
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
takagi_for_the_win

Max did have a good race. He was simply feeling very charitable, and didn't want to hurt Jules' feelings by thrashing him, so let him past. :) Nice guy Chilton
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Chilton has nothing on Sutil. Sutil is able to race against himself, something that only he and HWNSNBM are capable of:

Autosport wrote:After Sutil and Sutil clash on the opening lap, the German is taken out of the race by Esteban Gutierrez, who locks up and hits him at the hairpin.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107459
UncreativeUsername37

Meatwad wrote:Chilton has nothing on Sutil. Sutil is able to race against himself, something that only he and HWNSNBM are capable of:

Autosport wrote:After Sutil and Sutil clash on the opening lap, the German is taken out of the race by Esteban Gutierrez, who locks up and hits him at the hairpin.

Also in the same race, di Resta managed to finish in a non-ordinal number:
Autosport wrote:Di Resta finishes eight.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Meatwad wrote:Chilton has nothing on Sutil. Sutil is able to race against himself, something that only he and HWNSNBM are capable of:

Also in the same race, di Resta managed to finish in a non-ordinal number:
Autosport wrote:Di Resta finishes eight.

"Autosport's commitment to quality journalism"

What a load of bollocks.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Guys, time to restart the ChiltonCraze! MaxiAttack probably had one of his best qualifying performances so far. Not only did he out qualify his teammate,he also beat a Ferrari belonging to former WDC runner-up Felipe Massa!
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

He's having quite a habit of beating Ferrari powered cars this season.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Sadly it's all come to nothing. He's been given a Gearbox penalty which puts him last behind Bianchi and Massa