2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

What the bathplug, owner drivers paying for themselves is completely stupid. And I'm clearly not trying to exploit a loophole as I planned all along for Dollar to be an owner driver. I would suggest a skill limit for owner drivers in the future as well as some sort of grandfather clause to accommodate drivers who are already established to own their team.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:What the bathplug, owner drivers paying for themselves is completely stupid. And I'm clearly not trying to exploit a loophole as I planned all along for Dollar to be an owner driver. I would suggest a skill limit for owner drivers in the future as well as some sort of grandfather clause to accommodate drivers who are already established to own their team.

Well, no, because that gives you a big advantage. It might seem silly to pay for your driver when he owns the team, but it's completely unfair on everyone else if you get that advantage.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

eurobrun wrote:What the bathplug, owner drivers paying for themselves is completely stupid. And I'm clearly not trying to exploit a loophole as I planned all along for Dollar to be an owner driver. I would suggest a skill limit for owner drivers in the future as well as some sort of grandfather clause to accommodate drivers who are already established to own their team.

I'm sorry to say, but I preferred pissing YOU off, instead of the rest of the team owners. After all, you would have saved 300.000 $, which would have easily earned you a Honda engine or a Reynard chassis. Not to mention an unfair advantage, as you would have had a fully-skilled driver with a good chassis or engine at his disposal, while you just paid for the engine or chassis.
Besides, I'm sure that others would have started to exploit such a loophole. I certainly would have done so. All I can say is, live with it or pack your bags. Because I make the rules here!

EDIT: Or basically what Salamander said.
MIA SAN MIA!
RonDenisDeletraz

Did you have to be so rude about it. It is clear by the team name that I wasn't trying to exploit a bathplugging loophole and it was my plan even before these new regulations

Forget it then, Bobby Dollar is a free agent now, Anyone can take him but he would prefer to use #98. His team will be renamed to something else later. And I strongly suggest a more fair system where owner drivers don't have to pay for themselves but have a skill limit.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:Did you have to be so rude about it. It is clear by the team name that I wasn't trying to exploit a bathplugging loophole and it was my plan even before these new regulations

That might not have been your intention, but that is exactly what you would've been doing. You would've created a massive loophole the rest of us would've been stupid to ignore. And giving you 'special status' just because you want an owner/driver is inherently unfair. There's nothing stopping Bobby Dollar from being an owner/driver, you just have to follow the rules like the rest of us do.

eurobrun wrote:And I strongly suggest a more fair system where owner drivers don't have to pay for themselves but have a skill limit.

The current system is perfectly fair. What you're suggesting would mean owner/drivers are pay drivers, but with skills. In other words, it's still a loophole, just a less blatant one.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:And I strongly suggest a more fair system where owner drivers don't have to pay for themselves but have a skill limit.

The current system is perfectly fair. What you're suggesting would mean owner/drivers are pay drivers, but with skills. In other words, it's still a loophole, just a less blatant one.

The whole point of what I suggested was to not make it worthwhile for anything other than storyline purposes. I was willing to do this with Dollar and I think this is a compromise that is more fair and should not annoy anyone.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:

The whole point of what I suggested was to not make it worthwhile for anything other than storyline purposes. I was willing to do this with Dollar and I think this is a compromise that is more fair and should not annoy anyone.

... but it isn't fair! You're basically getting a pay driver but with more skill than a pay driver should have! There is literally nothing that prevents Bobby Dollar from being an owner/driver, but if you want him to have skills you have to pay for them. Just like everyone else.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:The current system is perfectly fair. What you're suggesting would mean owner/drivers are pay drivers, but with skills. In other words, it's still a loophole, just a less blatant one.

... but it isn't fair! You're basically getting a pay driver but with more skill than a pay driver should have! There is literally nothing that prevents Bobby Dollar from being an owner/driver, but if you want him to have skills you have to pay for them. Just like everyone else.

My proposal would be more fair as it would be a lot more worthwhile to pay for a normal drover than to have a not that great owner driver drive for free. Or owner drivers could be banned altogether if that makes Ferrarist's job easier.

Also I will still enter in a changed form with Damon cannon in a #14 car and Johannes Das Schaf (pay driver) in number 78 for a new team called Checkered Flag Motorsport. Bobby Dollar is now a free agent

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:The whole point of what I suggested was to not make it worthwhile for anything other than storyline purposes. I was willing to do this with Dollar and I think this is a compromise that is more fair and should not annoy anyone.

My proposal would be more fair as it would be a lot more worthwhile to pay for a normal drover than to have a not that great owner driver drive for free. Or owner drivers could be banned altogether if that makes Ferrarist's job easier.

I am going to assume you don't actually know what the word fair means, seeing as you've been blatantly misusing it for a while now.

fair
1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.

Your suggestion is wildly biased. You are showing a complete lack of perspective on this issue. You are suggesting the rules become different for certain drivers, whereas having them identical for everyone already provides a completely fair platform as it is.

You're also assuming being an owner-driver must make said driver crap. So can you explain Tony Stewart winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup driving for his own team? Or how Jeff Gordon can be a four time champion despite being part-owner of his own car? Or how about a virtual example? The Voecklers winning 2001 Prost GP as drivers for the team they ran themselves? What if I wanted to drop IBR and turn my entry in this series into Alstom GPE? If I wanted to enter FMV again, your rule would mean he's essentially not allowed to be any good? That's ridiculous!

This suggestions is hugely selfish. Please drop it. Literally nobody else is supportive of the idea, that is the point at which you should see sense and back off.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

As someone totally not involved in this series, it would seem logical to me that a driver who runs their own team would draw a salary from their own team, as they would still having living expenses to pay in their everyday lives...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

I pretty much understood the rules, but I would like to a way to check the drivers' skills and then assess the skill money for better upgrading by any team
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:The current system is perfectly fair. What you're suggesting would mean owner/drivers are pay drivers, but with skills. In other words, it's still a loophole, just a less blatant one.

No Offence eurobrun, It's annoying and unfair
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

roblomas52 wrote:No Offence eurobrun, It's annoying and unfair

Says the guy who annoys other people in threads about other PMMF series :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RonDenisDeletraz

My whole idea was that owner drivers would be sort of a middle ground between normal and pay drivers. Therefore it is not a loophole as it would not give anyone an advantage for having an owner driver and the only reason for doing so would be to create a storyline. And Bobby Dollar Racing is a small and independent team where as your examples were big and well known teams. (And Jeff Gordon isn't really that involved in the day to day running of the team, he is only listed as the owner of one of the Hendrick Motorsports cars as regulations prevent Rick Hendrick from being the listed owner of all 4). And is it entirely nessecary to be condecending to me?

And Roblomas, that was quite hypocritical considering you have constantly failed to read the regulations in the past.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:My whole idea was that owner drivers would be sort of a middle ground between normal and pay drivers. Therefore it is not a loophole as it would not give anyone an advantage for having an owner driver and the only reason for doing so would be to create a storyline.

WHAT THE HELL MAN!? Are you ignoring everything everybody is telling you!? Let me spell this out for you: Pay drivers work for free. Under your proposal, owner/drivers work for free. Pay drivers have no skills. Owner/drivers would have skills. Why the bathplug would anyone ever use a pay driver when they can easily have a better driver at no additional cost!?

There is literally nothing in the rules as they are preventing Bobby Dollar Racing from being an owner/driver operation. That's storyline fluff. All you have to do is follow the same ruleset that everybody else does. That's all you have to do. You are not being disadvantaged in any way at all because of this. But just because you think the situation is silly from a story point of view, you want the rules re-written. That is not a good enough reason. End of story.

And is it entirely nessecary to be condecending to me?

Considering that you aren't taking any notice of the fact that nobody else supports this proposal, and 3 people INCLUDING THE PERSON WHO RUNS THIS CHAMPIONSHIP have already told you exactly why it stinks, yes. Learn to take a hint, for crying out loud.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

It was part of my proposal all along that it would be much better for pay drivers to actually bring a small amount of money, that was something I should have said earlier.

And why the bathplug do you have to be so disrespectful towards me. Please don't.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

eurobrun wrote:It was part of my proposal all along that it would be much better for pay drivers to actually bring a small amount of money, that was something I should have said earlier.

And why the bathplug do you have to be so disrespectful towards me. Please don't.

eurobrun, no one is being disrespectful towards you. It's just that your proposal has received stinging rebuke from everyone. Which can only mean something's not right.
RonDenisDeletraz

So Stramala is completely justified in implying I'm a retard and thinking I don't know what the word fair means.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

eurobrun wrote:So Stramala is completely justified in implying I'm a retard and thinking I don't know what the word fair means.

Hey, he never called you a retard. As long as no insults or direct attacks are being thrown, using sarcasm is fair enough when discussing concerns with someone. Not that I'm defending people arguing with each other as long as it can be avoided, evidently.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:So Stramala is completely justified in implying I'm a retard

He didn't.

and thinking I don't know what the word fair means.

Yes, because you've stated multiple times that your proposal is more fair than the current rules, when everyone else can clearly see that it isn't.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Phoenix wrote:
eurobrun wrote:So Stramala is completely justified in implying I'm a retard and thinking I don't know what the word fair means.

Hey, he never called you a retard. As long as no insults or direct attacks are being thrown, using sarcasm is fair enough when discussing concerns with someone. Not that I'm defending people arguing with each other as long as it can be avoided, evidently.

He didn't directly say it, but it was obvoius that he was trying to question any shred of intelligence I had.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

eurobrun wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

He didn't directly say it, but it was obvoius that he was trying to question any shred of intelligence I had.

OK, this is what I'll do. Next time you two argue, I'll tell him to go easier on you, but I can't prevent people getting annoyed by you because of things.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

What your warped sense of reality believes is not my problem. But when you start pointing the finger without solid facts, I'll snap it off and shove it up your arse, to paraphrase David Purley.

This is ridiclous eurobrun. What are you doing? Instead of throwing in the towel when everyone is against you, you set off on a revenge quest. I'm tired of these games you constantly play. How many times must I tell you, it's all in your head. You cannot read subtext for s**t. Because usually there isn't any. Like right now!

Despite what you seem to think, the world is not out to get you, you're just taking normal words and pointing them against yourself. Why do you think I'm angry? Becuase most of the time it's my words. I called you an idiot once, like a year ago. And you probably deserved it, but it's not like I remember what it was for anymore. If I think you're being a complete tool, I'll tell you such. Everyone here knows I'm not a fan of subtext, I just prefer saying what I think to your face.

So, my thoughts? Your whine too much about things that either aren't a problem, or simply don't exist, and have been fabricated inside your own mind. But the word "retard" was never mentioned. Your'e not a retard, you're just incredibly annoying when you decide to go on yet another "let's witch-hunt Stramala" quest for something absolutely tiny which wasn't even true to begin with.

Rant over.
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 21 Jul 2013, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

You were condecending towards me. Fact.

Can you please be polite in future.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

What your warped sense of reality believes is not my problem. But when you start pointing the finger without solid facts, I'll snap it off and shove it up your arse, to paraphrase David Purley.

Man, tone it down. We all know eurobrun has a tendency to be pissed off with more ease than other people around here.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:
Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:He didn't directly say it, but it was obvoius that he was trying to question any shred of intelligence I had.

Man, tone it down. We all know eurobrun has a tendency to be pissed off with more ease than other people around here.

Yeah, sure, it's all fine for everyone else, whom he doesn't have an obsession with pointing the finger at. It's the blanket ignorance of everything that is ever said to him, then finding a way to shift the blame on to me, that really really grinds my gears. I'm tired of it. Have been for a long time. And time and time again, he repeats it. He never ever learns.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:You were condecending towards me. Fact.

Because you were explicitly told by 3 different people exactly what was wrong with your proposal and you completely ignored it every single time. You said your proposal was more fair than the current rules when it was anything but. And you didn't even try to compromise. PROTIP: That's generally not a good way to get people to respect you.
Everything's great.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

We are already three weeks behind the pack
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Matt121 wrote:We are already three weeks behind the pack

Ferrarist wrote:First of all, I'm sorry to disappoint you that this update will just announce another delay. University work takes up most of my spare time. But, my exam is over and I just have to write three essay. Something, which I'd let to get done until mid-August.
Everything's great.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I've finally update some teams and their budgets: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5514&start=40#p212422

I know that this list is incomplete, so if you're missing something, post it in this thread, so I can sort it out.
MIA SAN MIA!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Looks like my multi-year contracts will generate profit for years to come as they've already been paid for. Brilliant!
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Autosport wrote:Cassidy Racing announces plans to expand to 4 cars in 2016

Following a relatively disappointing campaign in 2015, Cassidy Racing has undergone some significant restructuring during the off-season. Long-time IndyCar veteran Brendon Cassidy Jr has retired from racing in order to take over the day-to-day running of the team from his father - hiring impressive Canadian rookie Clint Hillman and Mexican Pedro Luis Gonzalez to partner his sister, defending Indy 500 champion Ashley Cassidy. As a result of this restructuring, however, the team has announced plans to run a 4th car, thus becoming the 4th team with intentions of running 4 cars in 2016. The driver has been announced as American Natalie Ryder, with her package being the same Reynard 16i/Honda combination as will be used by Ashley Cassidy and Clint Hillman.

Ryder will have 10/10/10 stats.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

1.4 million in the red? Looks like there'll be some top lel fun coming up for Horizon Motorsport this year :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Wizzie wrote:1.4 million in the red? Looks like there'll be some top lel fun coming up for Horizon Motorsport this year :lol:

Unlike my operation where the budget for three years has been sandwiched into one and infinite profit potential afterwards. I suspect Horizon has gone full Team Scandia from 1990s fame which is win or run out of cash trying.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Breaking news : Nissan to enter Indycar as team.
Nissan have announced they are looking to enter Indycar as a full time team, they did not give any specifics like drivers or chassis but stated that they would use the Infiniti engine, Infiniti being the luxury arm of Nissan, the full team name will be Sunshine Infiniti, the same name they used when they were racing in F1RWRS and were quite successfu; before being forced to sell the team by Renault. They are hoping for a two driver line up in 2016 but may plan an assualt in 2017. More news as it comes in.
:mrgreen:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Sospiri and Moreno are out on their arse. They're both too old for this game already anyway, need some younger faces here.

SKILLS KEY: A/C/R
Mastercard Lola
#1 Collin Pratchett (USA)
SKILLS: 9/9/9
Former F1RWRS driver Collin Pratchett has returned to his homeland and is a hot favourite to win the title in his debut year. He is one of the most established talents on the grid this season, so great things are expected.

#2 Jack Christopherson Sr (GBR)
SKILLS: 9/9/8
Christopherson Sr may not have had the most successful career in F1RWRS, but he did demonstrate something of a niche during his time in the top racing series - he turned out to be a demon oval driver. He has two non-championship F1RWRS wins to his name, and both of them were at Indianapolis. He will be someone to look out for at the blue ribbon Indy 500.

#27 Michael Robertson (AUS)
SKILLS: 8/8/9
Another driver with a promising junior career in Europe, Robertson had his reputation dented by a poor season for his team MRT, having signed for the then-reigning champions with high hopes of a title challenge. His strongest quality is his level-headed attitude and reliability, and much like Aussies before him like Will Power and Simon Pagenaud, expect him to excel on the road courses.

#28 Massimiliano Torbani (ITA)
SKILLS: 7/5/8
The Italian youngster had previously reached F3RWRS, but fell by the wayside. He went stateside to Indy Lights afterwards with mixed success, but makes the step up to the top league with the only Italian team on the grid. He'll be hoping that nationalism buys him some time, as his prospects of finishing the season look mixed at best given his previous form.

#28 Darren Older Jr (GBR)
SKILLS: PAY DRIVER
Another F1RWRS vet, Darren Older Jr is scheduled for a one-off appearance in place of Torbani for the Donnington round of the championship. His local knowledge will hopefully be utilised for a good result where perhaps the inexperienced Torbani wouldn't manage.

#28 Calvin Brooks (CAN)
SKILLS: PAY DRIVER
Youngster Brooks had a torrid time in F3RWRS last season, but has a shot at redemption with Acura in IFRC. The Canadian driver has been drafted in for the Montreal and Toronto races.
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 16 Aug 2013, 23:02, edited 3 times in total.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

How does one know the skills of an unknown driver?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
RonDenisDeletraz

Another change of plans, Bobby Dollar Racing will return but without Dollar driving himself. Damon Cannon will drive the teams main car and Johannes Das Schaf (Pay Driver) will return in the 59 second car. A third 58 car may appear at selected races if the budget allows. Chassis and engine choices will be made when I see the budget. And Dollar himself is still a free agent, he prefers 98 and is willing to be either full or part time.

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:How does one know the skills of an unknown driver?

I think we have a driver to be named later. It's like those baseball trades where a player to be named later is traded.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Since it looks like Horizon need to make some cost savings from somewhere, we'd like to drop the stats of all our drivers from 10/10/10 to 9/9/9 for the first race.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.