Forum Facts

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Jocke1

Re: Forum Facts

Post by Jocke1 »

2099 members now.

I wonder what Grand Prix's we'll have in 2099?
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:I wonder what Grand Prix's we'll have in 2099?

Well, F1 is still (just) a European-based sport. And new GPs tend to go towards the end of the calendar (i.e. November). But this is many decades in the future. Maybe it'll be Europa, the place in the Solar System most likely to have extra-terrestrial life...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:I wonder what Grand Prix's we'll have in 2099?

Well, F1 is still (just) a European-based sport. And new GPs tend to go towards the end of the calendar (i.e. November). But this is many decades in the future. Maybe it'll be Europa, the place in the Solar System most likely to have extra-terrestrial life...

Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:Image

Where is that from?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

dr-baker wrote:

Where is that from?

I don't know but in the 1989 film The Abyss, Ed Harris wore something similar to a spacesuit and had a keypad which he used to communicate with his stranded crew. His messages appeared on a screen similar to that but I doubt he typed something like that.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

Wizzie wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:...I just did the same. Three weeks, or about four pages' worth.

Incidentally, I was wondering as well what happened to the very young wmetcalf. Maybe his parents grounded him from the internet after he said "bathplug" to them...?

Or maybe he called them"James Hunts"

Or even, heaven forbid, "Muppets"! :o

Well, this is awkward....
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:...I just did the same. Three weeks, or about four pages' worth.

Incidentally, I was wondering as well what happened to the very young wmetcalf. Maybe his parents grounded him from the internet after he said "bathplug" to them...?
pasta_maldonado wrote:Or maybe he called them"James Hunts"
Wizzie wrote:Or even, heaven forbid, "Muppets"! :o
wmetcalf68 wrote: Well, this is awkward....

Why is it awkward, young Mr Metcalf? Because it's true? ;)
MCard LOLA
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

dr-baker wrote:

No, it is not. YOU SHALL BE BANISHED BY THE NAME OF HWNSNBM *throws papaya*
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:

Where is that from?

http://youtu.be/qfxP2Ct9aYs
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

wmetcalf68 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

No, it is not. YOU SHALL BE BANISHED BY THE NAME OF HWNSNBM *throws papaya*

That's rather aggesively defensive for someone so young and innocent!
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Baker, he's been on the forums on and off for two years now. He's pretty much a veteran here. :lol:

Bloody hell, I remember when Mr Metcalf joined here, at the tender age of 9...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

My word, don't they grow fast. It only seems like yesterday that he was joining this forum and arguing with Jeroen about what the word 'honorary' meant...
MCard LOLA
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Yeah, it's been more than three years since I joined on my birthday. So how time flies here... :oops:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Usually, I'm not too bothered by post counts. But I've just noticed that Stramala is likely to beat me to being the second person to reach 10,000 posts. Still, I am likely to still be the third to reach that historic landmark. Never thought that would be the case when I reached 1,000. I must have been about the 10th or 20th to have reached that target...
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Usually, I'm not too bothered by post counts. But I've just noticed that Stramala is likely to beat me to being the second person to reach 10,000 posts. Still, I am likely to still be the third to reach that historic landmark. Never thought that would be the case when I reached 1,000. I must have been about the 10th or 20th to have reached that target...

I didn't even notice I was at all close to 10,000 tbh :lol:

I don't know whether to be happy, not care, or feel immensely deprssed I even had the time to rack up so many posts... :(
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Stramala wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Usually, I'm not too bothered by post counts. But I've just noticed that Stramala is likely to beat me to being the second person to reach 10,000 posts. Still, I am likely to still be the third to reach that historic landmark. Never thought that would be the case when I reached 1,000. I must have been about the 10th or 20th to have reached that target...

I didn't even notice I was at all close to 10,000 tbh :lol:

I don't know whether to be happy, not care, or feel immensely deprssed I even had the time to rack up so many posts... :(

Join the club. Certainly feels like I have wasted a chunk of my life. In an enjoyable way...
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I've got a link to something that StgPepper may possibly be interested in. ;)
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:Well, Matt121 is now HawkAussie. I like the name.

Recount again:

decrasheris - eagleash
BaconLettuceNinja - Ataxia
kostas22 - Stramala
redbulljack14 - FullMetalJack
BlindCaveSalamander - Salamander
JeremyMcClean - Aerospeed
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
darkapprentice77 - Dark77
Matt121 - HawkAussie

Once again, who's next? :ugeek:

Looks like kostas22, aka Stramala, is the first to have his username changed for a second time...
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Updated as of January 2, 2014:

decrasheris - eagleash
kostas22 - Stramala - Biscione
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie

Updated. Once again, who's next? :ugeek:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:Looks like kostas22, aka Stramala, is the first to have his username changed for a second time...

He is indeed, and I warned him that if he decides to change it again he won't get it easily.

The next time he gets bored with his nick, he must send 84269 ¾ perfectly ripe papayas (no more, no less) to HWNSNBM's secret shrine in Vanuatu (of which's location is only known by few select people). Each papaya must have his new nickname proposal written with Pantone colors matching the Hungarian national flag. He must do this without any outside assistance, although he is allowed to hire a cargo ship to transport the fruit. Once he has reached Vanuatu, he must locate the secret shrine and move every fruit there by hand, one by one, again without any outside assistance. Once that is done, he must then identify the correct Great Statue of HWNSNBM located in the shrine area (there are 50 copies of it there, and only one of them is the correct choice), kneel before it and recite the names of every reject driver and team in the history of F1 in one go. Only then is his request for a new nick taken into consideration.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Looks like kostas22, aka Stramala, is the first to have his username changed for a second time...

He is indeed, and I warned him that if he decides to change it again he won't get it easily.

The next time he gets bored with his nick, he must send 84269 ¾ perfectly ripe papayas (no more, no less) to HWNSNBM's secret shrine in Vanuatu (of which's location is only known by few select people). Each papaya must have his new nickname proposal written with Pantone colors matching the Hungarian national flag. He must do this without any outside assistance, although he is allowed to hire a cargo ship to transport the fruit. Once he has reached Vanuatu, he must locate the secret shrine and move every fruit there by hand, one by one, again without any outside assistance. Once that is done, he must then identify the correct Great Statue of HWNSNBM located in the shrine area (there are 50 copies of it there, and only one of them is the correct choice), kneel before it and recite the names of every reject driver and team in the history of F1 in one go. Only then is his request for a new nick taken into consideration.

Knowing him, he'll probably find a way to let others do his work and somehow get away with it...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

We have a new member named "kostas22"..... Wat the O_O Stramala/Biscione making another username? Or just a spammer?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AxelP800 wrote:We have a new member named "kostas22"..... Wat the O_O Stramala/Biscione making another username? Or just a spammer?

Based on Whois data, this kostas22 registered from an IP located in the New England area. So it's probably someone from the Eastern US playing a prank on us. :P
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

*Username change news*

Eurobrun ---> RonDenisDeletraz

:| :?
tommykl has a stroke
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

AxelP800 wrote:*Username change news*

Eurobrun ---> RonDenisDeletraz

:| :?

That's why I was confused. Then I view the profile and it's eurobrun allright.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I was sick of the lack of capitalisation in my old username, so I thought it was time for a complete change.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

I hope I haven't jinxed pasta's season with this new pic. Or maybe I have. :P
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

wsrgo, dat creeps me out.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I was sick of the lack of capitalisation in my old username, so I thought it was time for a complete change.

Erm, what would have been wrong with changing to Eurobrun?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

watka wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I was sick of the lack of capitalisation in my old username, so I thought it was time for a complete change.

Erm, what would have been wrong with changing to Eurobrun?

Because it should be EuroBrun!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I should have done this yesterday...

decrasheris - eagleash
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie
eurobrun - RonDenisDeletraz

Who's next? :ugeek:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

FMecha wrote:I should have done this yesterday...

decrasheris - eagleash
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie

One of the Girls will do it next. I'm sure of it
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:One of the Girls will do it next. I'm sure of it

Good word, you're getting towards Baker levels of desperation. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
mario

Post by mario »

decrasheris - eagleash
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie

Well, much as it might be interesting to throw the rest of you it is unlikely to be me - I haven't even changed my profile pic in four years, let alone my username...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

decrasheris - eagleash
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie

First, IslandAutomatic forgot his password and create new username "OsellaFA1L" and now it looks like he changed it to "FA1L"
tommykl has a stroke
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AxelP800 wrote:First, IslandAutomatic forgot his password and create new username "OsellaFA1L" and now it looks like he changed it to "FA1L"

No he didn't. The two are separate members.
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

AxelP800 wrote:

decrasheris - eagleash
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie

First, IslandAutomatic forgot his password and create new username "OsellaFA1L" and now it looks like he changed it to "FA1L"
Nope, he didn't. I'm NOT IslandAutomatic, I'm a seperate person :roll:
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

FA1L wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:

decrasheris - eagleash
Kimi-ICE - Freeze-O-Kimi
Matt121 - HawkAussie

Nope, he didn't. I'm NOT IslandAutomatic, I'm a seperate person :roll:

It's not the first time people confused people for others. Another example is a member named "andrew," and another named "andrew2209."
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

shite, I appear to have had myself cloned and I don't even know it
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Moral of the story? Check if someone has a username similar to yours that could cause confusion.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?