2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pycku

Re: 2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

Post by pycku »

I'd like to join this with DSR Racing. For now we are using only one car with Nikola Nikolov in it. Reynard 14i and Honda engine, please. The rest 60k we will spend for 2 pts per acceleration, cornering and reliability.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Well if entries are still open, would it be ok for Restov Racing to join? :)

If so, we will run young Australian Tim Horan and we will mate a Swift 026.c chassis with a Chevrolet engine. We will also buy 3 points each on acceleration and cornering, with nothing for reliability, cause who needs that? :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Can I propose that a team's championship be created, but with only the points from the two best finishing cars for each team counting towards the title?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Please remove Aurico's third car, we are going to run only two this year due to lack of offers. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

FMecha wrote:Please remove Aurico's third car, we are going to run only two this year due to lack of offers. :)

Rusty Gannit is available for a drive. He won a race last year...
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

When is the racing going to start more out of curiosity than anything else?
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Onxy Wrecked wrote:When is the racing going to start more out of curiosity than anything else?

When the 2016 RWRS season kicks off. F1RICS is now running in line with all other RWRS series, so dont expect any races until after the first F1RDS Winter Cup race. Which could be as much as a month away real time.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:When is the racing going to start more out of curiosity than anything else?

When the 2016 RWRS season kicks off. F1RICS is now running in line with all other RWRS series, so dont expect any races until after the first F1RDS Winter Cup race. Which could be as much as a month away real time.

You can pass the time by coming up with press releases, and trying to stir up some controversy. That's always good for passing time over the off-season.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

At least I know now... Fortunately, that means more time for studying for my college exams.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:At least I know now... Fortunately, that means more time for studying for my college exams.

Not to mention that I really don't expect the series to start before mid-April. I have now a practical training, then I'll have to do some university homeworks, so I'll be busy over the next weeks.
MIA SAN MIA!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Since I've got not much else to do for the next week, I figured that I might do some more cleaning up on the wiki. On the driver front, the second Volks Racing seat, the third Acurio seat and all three W2 Racing seats are still open, while Bobby Dollar Racing are yet to confirm what chassis and engine they will be running. As far as numbers are concerned, the following teams are yet to announce their car numbers:

Bobby Dollar Racing - 2nd car (No. 57 was already taken by Tassie Racing)
Euromotor
Rockstar
Aurico
W2 Racing
DSR Racing
Restov Racing
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am still waiting on a conformation on owner driver rules before 100% confirming my entry. Is 59 ok for the second car
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:Melrose: IndyCar Title possibility, Race wins main goal

Several weeks after deciding to make his IndyCar debut at Fontana where he finished 3rd, former world champion Daniel Melrose has told Autosport's Mark Glendenning about his expectations and goals for this year, as the 30 year old Australian sets to make his full-time debut in the series in February's Sao Paulo race.

"Well, I have dabbled in both oval racing and American open wheelers at various points in my career, but this will be the first time that I'll be driving in America for an entire season" said Melrose. "From what I've seen last year and from my experience in Fontana, these cars are incredible fun to drive but they are incredibly sensitive to change, so we have to make sure it's in the window week in, week out. McDoggle's end of season for is encouraging for all of us at the team, and we're expecting to be competitive and be fighting for wins. It'll be a major disappointment if we walk away from this year with at least a few victories."

When asked about his and McDoggle's title chances, Melrose was cautiously optimistic about the possibility. "Of course, winning the title would be a fantastic achievement and we'd like to do it" quipped the Australian "But, at the same time, we have to consider the opposition we're up against. IBR and Plus One look incredibly strong this year, and we also have smaller yet highly competitive teams such as Cassidy Racing, Bobby Dollar and Rockstar to consider. The title's not out of the question, but we have to be perfect for all 24 races to do it, and that'll be a tough ask for someone like myself who has comparatively little experience on ovals."
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tristan1117 wrote:
FMecha wrote:Please remove Aurico's third car, we are going to run only two this year due to lack of offers. :)

Rusty Gannit is available for a drive. He won a race last year...

Fine, you're signed. :)

Wizzie, I was initially going to run two cars only, but I now decided to sign Gannit. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Onyx Racing will be lucky to win once in this season, but the cars are much improved from the obsolete cars that appeared late in the 2015 season. Might contend on the road courses in particular.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Since Anita Horford's dream is to win a race in Indianapolis to honour her father, she would probably be well advised to go to this series: any team that is interested in taking on a pay-driver would be well served in having her.
pycku

Post by pycku »

DSR will be using # 33 :)
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Autosport wrote:IndyCar to stage non-championship event at Fontana / Creation of the "Marlboro Five"

IndyCar officials announced the staging of a non-championship race at the Auto Club Speedway at Fontana. That race is supposed to be held the night before the season-ending California 500, and will in fact be the continuation of last year's "800.000 $ challenge". However, only points-leaders, race winners and pole sitters will be eligible for the renamed "Budweiser 200 Challenge", where the winner will earn 800.000 $.

In other news, Indy officials announced the creation of the "Marlboro Five", which emcompasses all 500-mile races of this season. If one driver manages to win at Indianapolis, the Lausitzring, Michigan, Pocono and Fontana, that driver will earn 5.000.000 $. This move is also supposed to encourage more one-off entries at these five events.

Over the next day, I'll try to finally update the teams stats, so we can start the pre-season tests. So stay tuned!
MIA SAN MIA!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

ZimSport are changing their schedule for the season. It remains the same as before except they will now skip COTA, Donington and Michigan as they clash with Ryan's RTCC commitments, and will also skip Indy because John has blown too much money on repairing his World 800 cars and doesn't want to risk even one car again :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing wrote:ZimSport are changing their schedule for the season. It remains the same as before except they will now skip COTA, Donington and Michigan as they clash with Ryan's RTCC commitments, and will also skip Indy because John has blown too much money on repairing his World 800 cars and doesn't want to risk even one car again :lol:

Well, if ZimSport want another driver, I'm sure Plus One can supply one...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

If anyone wants a pay driver, they can hire North Korea's Han Yong-Sung, a name that might be familiar to some ;)
Trump 2016
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Any available seats? :D
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Rasmus wrote:Any available seats? :D

http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/1 ... P2C_season

Nope. Except for test drivers.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Stramala wrote:
Rasmus wrote:Any available seats? :D

http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/1 ... P2C_season

Nope. Except for test drivers.

Wait, that's the IndyCar thread. Here's the correct wiki page: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... ies_season

I don't know much about F1RICS. You can ask Ferrarist, he is running the series.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Bild wrote:Volks.Racing has new owner

Germany's successful IndyCar outfit Volks.Racing has a new prominent owner: it's none other than the legendary David Hasselhoff! The famous singer/actor will combine his impressive presence with the management effort of Projekt Roter Baron for the best possible results from 2016 onwards.

The team, from now on known as www.bild-english.de Hasselhoff Motorsport will field two cars as planned with the #94 being driven by Ralf Schumacher and the #95 being driven by German talent Herbert Aston. Furthermore, a third chassis with the number #91 will be entered for the Auto Bild 500 and the 100th Indianapolis 500 with a prominent name about to join the team for those two races.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

ZImSport are changing their schedule (again).

Ryan Zimmer will do:
Interlagos
Argentina
Long Beach
Portland
Lausitz
Watkins Glen
Toronto
Montreal
Laguna Seca
Surfers
Suzuka
Fontana

JP Laurent will do:
Gateway
COTA
Indy
Donington
New Hampshire
Michigan
Road America
Kentucky
Texas

Mike Stern will do:
Homestead
Milwaukee
Pocono

Yay, full schedule! The team will also officially be called "Telstra Racing ZimSport".
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

It's almost time, to start racing in IndyCar
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Having just looked at the RWRS calendar for 2016, I have noticed a mistake.

The Brazilian Grand Prix name doesn't make any sense. In Brazil, Valentines Day is celebrated on 12 June, not 14 February. If it were real, the locals would be extremely confused :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Stramala wrote:Having just looked at the RWRS calendar for 2016, I have noticed a mistake.

The Brazilian Grand Prix name doesn't make any sense. In Brazil, Valentines Day is celebrated on 12 June, not 14 February. If it were real, the locals would be extremely confused :P

HUEHUEHUE, this is a comedic event with all those confused Brazilians.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:HUEHUEHUE, this is a comedic event with all those confused Brazilians.

Gib monies plos I report u.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Team
Racing for Malta

Driver Rob Gonzi
10-10-10

Han Yong-Sung( If that's ok with Darkapprentice77)
1-2-3

For both drivers

Chassis Reynard 15i: cornering 8: reliability 7
Engine: Honda v6: acceleration 7: reliability 8
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Han Yong-Sung is willing to drive for Racing for Malta for now ;)
Trump 2016
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Han Yong-Sung is willing to drive for Racing for Malta for now ;)

Cool, thanks for that mate
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Elinor Yurko is driving around Fiji in a IndyCar
Officially Retired
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

roblomas52 wrote:Team
Racing for Malta

Driver Rob Gonzi
10-10-10

1-2-3

For both drivers

Ok, before we go any further, let me stop you right there for a minute. First of all, one does not simply assign stats to the chassis or the engine; that's the evil overlord Ferrarist's job. Secondly, you give Gonzi max stats, yet you give Yong-Sung probably the worst stats on the grid bar none (And shame on you Dark for not picking that up :P ), which I find is a rather 'interesting' decision. Finally, you do realise there's a starting budget that teams have to work with and that everything costs money, right?

While I am still here having a go at everyone, we still need numbers for Euromotor, Rockstar, Acurio, W2 Racing, DSR and Restov, and the equipment that Bobby Dollar Racing will be using for this year so I can get around to updating the wiki.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I still don't know whether Bobby Dollar will have to pay for himself despite being an owner driver all along. I need to know that information before I decide on the team's future. What is certain is that Damon Cannon will join the team in some form.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Well, I did call Yong-Sung a pay driver in the post I made where I offered him ;)
Trump 2016
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Well, I did call Yong-Sung a pay driver in the post I made where I offered him ;)

Oh, must have missed that. :oops:
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wizzie wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Team
Racing for Malta

Driver Rob Gonzi
10-10-10

1-2-3

For both drivers

Ok, before we go any further, let me stop you right there for a minute. First of all, one does not simply assign stats to the chassis or the engine; that's the evil overlord Ferrarist's job. Secondly, you give Gonzi max stats, yet you give Yong-Sung probably the worst stats on the grid bar none (And shame on you Dark for not picking that up :P ), which I find is a rather 'interesting' decision. Finally, you do realise there's a starting budget that teams have to work with and that everything costs money, right?

While I am still here having a go at everyone, we still need numbers for Euromotor, Rockstar, Acurio, W2 Racing, DSR and Restov, and the equipment that Bobby Dollar Racing will be using for this year so I can get around to updating the wiki.

Just ignore the stats I gave out everyone
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

First of all, I'm sorry to disappoint you that this update will just announce another delay. University work takes up most of my spare time. But, my exam is over and I just have to write three essay. Something, which I'd let to get done until mid-August. Second but, I won't spend 8-10 hours a day on my essays. So, I can spare some time for my canonical IndyCar series. After all, I'm more or less responsible to get the canonical racing season under way :D

To refresh some rules, here's a reminder:

- New teams have to obey the 500.000 $ spending cap. Here's a good example for that: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4934&hilit=+Indy#p151064
Actually, screw that. Debts for everyone. :lol:
- You only assign driver skills to new drivers, whereas you have to stick to the skills I assigned (randomly) for each chassis and engine and the skills which were assigned to existing drivers in the 2015 season.
- Teams can basically spend as much as they want. They can even go into debt, BUT the debt has to be paid off by the end of the season, or else the team will be liquidated.
- You pay your drivers according to the set of skills they were given in the last season. Drivers with 30 skill points cost 300.000$, so do the math about driver costs. This rule will also apply to driver-owners. If I would made driver-owners for free, I'm sure that many teams would abuse that loophole immediately, thus saving 300.000 $ in the process. I mean, you can easily afford a Honda with that money!

I won't promise to do anything like tests or something like that. But I'll try to update this season's teams, so I can notify teams to change things, if it's necessary.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 01 Aug 2013, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
MIA SAN MIA!