Overrated and Underrated Sportspeople

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Alextrax52

Re: Overrated and Underrated Drivers

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:I really like Nick Heidfeld.

I do as well, but he is cursed from winning a race. Even in the WEC.

I feel that Nick Heidfeld is underrated.

One of the weirdest things about Heidi is that he often outpaced teammates Raikkonen, Massa, Villeneuve and Kubica and before his 2005 testing accident was ahead of Webber in the points, yet all of those 5 had already won / went on to win GPs. And he didn't!

Heidfeld did a great job at Nurburgring 2005 getting pole and coming 2nd and who knows if Alonso stayed in the gravel for about 10 seconds longer then Nick would have won that race

1000th post :mrgreen:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Overrated: Wayne Rooney
Underrated: Rickie Lambert
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Overrated: Wayne Rooney

Key word in thread title being "drivers"

But yeah, you could add Grant Holt to the underrated list as well
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Overrated: Wayne Rooney

Key word in thread title being "drivers"

But yeah, you could add Grant Holt to the underrated list as well

1 It was me who set the thread up so i can control it
2 I thought F1Rejects was renowned for going off topic
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:1 It was me who set the thread up so i can control it

Then you should change the topic's name to "Overrated and Underrated Sportspeople", not just drivers...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Nuppiz wrote:

Then you should change the topic's name to "Overrated and Underrated Sportspeople", not just drivers...

Done just that
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Overrated and Underrated Sportspeople

Post by Wallio »

Overrated:

Lolo Bathplugging Jones. Never won a damn thing, in fact she chokes every Olympics, but keeps getting rammed down our throats because she's a "fighter". Call me caullous, but having a crackhead mom does not make you a fighter. It's something sad, not something to be celebrated.

Dario Judd - Only real claim to fame are his three 500s, which normally would be damn impressive, except all three of them ended under yellow. Has done sod else in any other series, and hell in Indycar too, these past few years. More famous for his ex, who used to pose topless against coal mining, and cry during driver intros.

Underrated:

Tanner Faust - The man has 2 Global Rallycross World Championships (Against top talent like Block and Gronholm) Rally America Wins, X-Games medals, etc, but still is only known for doing the driving in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. No justice in this world.

Indycar as a whole - Yes there are people with no business having rides (Viso) and great people out of a ride (Rubens) and yes it needs more ovals, and yes its not the 1990s anymore, but it still has some really good racing, and plenty of different winners. After going to Pocono and finally seeing them in person, I could not believe how fast they actually were. Yes I knew they were faster than a NASCAR, but how MUCH faster was nearly unbelievable. I've been around cars my whole life, and still was stunned.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
good_Ralf

Re: Overrated and Underrated Sportspeople

Post by good_Ralf »

Wallio wrote:Underrated:

Indycar as a whole - Yes there are people with no business having rides (Viso) and great people out of a ride (Rubens) and yes it needs more ovals, and yes its not the 1990s anymore, but it still has some really good racing, and plenty of different winners. After going to Pocono and finally seeing them in person, I could not believe how fast they actually were. Yes I knew they were faster than a NASCAR, but how MUCH faster was nearly unbelievable. I've been around cars my whole life, and still was stunned.

Since getting into IndyCar in about March I have become a massive fan of it. This year alone has seen 4 new winners (since when has that last happened in F1?) and 10 different winners overall, almost rivalling F1 1982 with just a few more races! Personally I would like to see more international races and more Sato victories :P . Heck, we even have F1 Rejects getting on the podium (Bourdais and Wilson)!
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

1. F1 Rejects is not about power and control. If you are with friends in the local cafe/pub (delete as age-appropriate), you don't say, "I started this conversation so I can control it." Same here. Just let it go.

2. Renowned for gently veering offcourse naturally and almost unconsciously, not yanking the wheel violently and deliberately...

Wallio wrote:Indycar as a whole - Yes there are people with no business having rides (Viso) and great people out of a ride (Rubens) and yes it needs more ovals, and yes its not the 1990s anymore, but it still has some really good racing, and plenty of different winners. After going to Pocono and finally seeing them in person, I could not believe how fast they actually were. Yes I knew they were faster than a NASCAR, but how MUCH faster was nearly unbelievable. I've been around cars my whole life, and still was stunned.

I have seen ChampCars race just once, at Brands on the Indy loop (of course!). I would love to go and see a single-seater oval race, just to appreciate them at full pelt non-stop. Although F1 at Monza at the first chicane gave a good indication of the braking and acceleration powers of top-line single-seaters...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA