The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Season

Archive for the three above subforums
Jeroen Krautmeir

Re: The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Signups!

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola, Emilia-Romagna, Italy - Race
Conditions: Dry

Code: Select all

1) Scott Menard  Williams-Renault  
2) Jeroen Krautmeir  Prost-Renault  +4.634
3) Barii Mori  Williams-Renault  +7.819
4) Robert Finley  McLaren-Mercedes  +8.427
5) Ed Kevin  Ferrari  +9.763
6) Hagane Shizuka  Benetton-Honda  +19.261
7) Constantin Ferdinand Maria  Stewart-Ford  +19.628
8) Ron Mignolet  Prost-Renault  +20.649
9) Damon Cannon  Arrows-BMW  +25.125
10) Daniel Melrose  McLaren-Mercedes  +28.791
11) Poppy Whitechapel  Jordan-Renault  +1 LAP
12) Thomas de Bock  Sauber-Peugeot  +1 LAP
13) Rhys Davies  Benetton-Honda  +2 LAPS
14) Louis Duval  Prost-Renault  +2 LAPS

Drivers Championship

1. Daniel Melrose/McLaren/AUS - 14
2. Jeroen Krautmeir/Prost/GER - 12
3. Douglas Mann/Williams/IMN - 10
4. Scott Menard/Williams/USA - 10
5. Rhys Davies/Benetton/AUS - 6
6. Ed Kevin/Ferrari/IRL - 6
7. Barii Mori/Williams/JPN - 4
8. Hagane Shizuka/Benetton/JPN - 4
9. Damon Cannon/Arrows/UK - 3
10. Robert Finley/McLaren/USA - 3
11. Louis Duval/Prost/FRA - 2
12. Daniel Martins/Benetton/POR - 2
13. Jan de Friis/Arrows/NED - 1
14. Thomas de Bock/Sauber/BEL - 1

Teams Championship

1. Williams - 24
2. McLaren - 17
3. Prost - 14
4. Benetton - 12
5. Ferrari - 6
6. Arrows - 4
7. Sauber - 1

Engines Championship

1. Renault - 26
2. Mercedes - 20
3. Honda - 12
4. Ferrari - 8
5. BMW - 6
6. Peugeot - 2
7. Toyota - 2
8. Ford - 2

Nations Championship

1. Australia - 16
2. Germany - 12
3. Isle of Man - 10
4. United States - 10
5. Japan - 9
6. Ireland - 7
7. United Kingdom - 4
8. Belgium - 4
9. Portugal - 3
10. France - 3
11. Liechtenstein - 2
12. The Netherlands - 1

Tyres Championship

1. Michelin - 26
2. Bridgestone - 22
3. Pirelli - 12
4. Goodyear - 9
Last edited by Jeroen Krautmeir on 28 Oct 2011, 23:42, edited 2 times in total.
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Jeroen Krautmeir

Re: The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Season

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I was very lucky to have been able to avoid the first corner altercation. What I think happened was that Daniel misjudged his braking, and by the time he turned in, Douglas was making a pass, and he just whacked him out. Alain told me that Damon was involved as well, so, um, that's bad for them but good for us, because now we've gained ground in the championship. Roda wasn't so much trouble this time around, at least for me. Both Ron and Louis were comfortably in the points when according to Alain, they hit each other whilst trying to avoid that mad Italian. It's simply terrible, and I hope their luck improves.

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:I'm sorry for shoving Douglas off the road like that. It was a massive misjudgement on my part. After it the car never felt quite the same and I'm disappointed to be only 10th. Damon was apparently also involved in the incident and we ended up spending the rest of the race battling each other and I have to give the guy credit as that was one of the best, and fairest, race long battles I've had in years.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Daniel Martins wrote:What a terrible luck. Two DNF's in three races and this time it was the engine that went pop. Next week we will try and understand what originated these problems together with Honda and prevent from happening in the future. As Hagane showed, points were indeed on the cards and I was running comfortably in 4th before retiring. Can't wait for the next race weekend!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Seems like my delayed strategy paid off well. Good, although I was lucky to finish sixth.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Rhys Davies wrote:Well that didn't go well, did it? I love this circuit, it was just my stupid mistakes that threw away any chance of points. At keast Hagane brought the car home up there!

John Zimmer wrote:This Reynard isn't the most reliable thing in the world, but it's good to drive. If we can work on that, we can get points easy.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori wrote:I should be happy with 3rd, but that race should have been mine. Hopefully someone can tell me who touched my back tyres before my second pit stop causing me to spin and have to come in for a new nose cone. I should have dominated the race rather then be on the bottom step of the podium.

Constantin Ferdinand Maria wrote:Oh my, that was so much fun, those last 7 laps as I battled with Hagane Shizuka for 6th and his experience showed as he kept me behind him even with worn tyres. We are celebrating in the Garage as it was a fantastic result for the team. On the same lap as the leaders and only 20 seconds off the pace and in front of an Arrows, McLaren and a Prost. I am so happy. I really do hope we can get a point before the season is out.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I was very lucky to have been able to avoid the first corner altercation. What I think happened was that Daniel misjudged his braking, and by the time he turned in, Douglas was making a pass, and he just whacked him out. Alain told me that Damon was involved as well, so, um, that's bad for them but good for us, because now we've gained ground in the championship. Roda wasn't so much trouble this time around, at least for me. Both Ron and Louis were comfortably in the points when according to Alain, they hit each other whilst trying to avoid that mad Italian. It's simply terrible, and I hope their luck improves.

Ron Mignolet wrote:Actually it was Louis who was driving as a mad men, probably a bit scared because i'm starting to get on a good pace again. And Roda just hapenned to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, as usual... And later in the race, Shizuka was holding me up, and with that damaged front wing, i didn't want to take the risk to try a pass. Sadly that Stewart driver passed me, because louis was getting in the way again when i lapped him. And then Roda just hapenned to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, as usual...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:A real shame about the first corner incident, but these things happen. As we were bunched closely together I couldn't avoid hitting the rear of Douglas's car, after Daniel had hit him, which ruined my front wing. After that however, a superb duel with Daniel followed. I wanted it to carry on, it was so good! Sadly, it was only for 9th place but still, that will live in the memory for years to come.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:What a bloody awful race! I get caught up after the idiots at the front go full retard into the chicane, so I end up tooling around in 22nd. Later, whilst I'm minding my own business trying to keep this shitbox on the track, an Arrows and a McLaren roll up behind me, both driving like utter maniacs. They both pass me into Tamburello at the same time, the Arrows on the inside, the McLaren on the outside, and I had to slam the brakes on, flat-spotting both my front tyres. Bloody idiots, I wonder who there were! :evil:

'Sound of Damon Cannon and Daniel Melrose legging it out of the paddock'
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann wrote:Ahh, zut alors! Merde. Je voudrais aller chez moi maintenant. Ciao.

Pippa Mann wrote:The start was OK, but after passing the crash scene that my brother was a part of, I developed a puncture, and the rubber tread destroyed the bodywork and suspension, putting me out of the race. And it seems like Dougie is suffering a bit of concussion - better go take care of him...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Malinth

Post by Malinth »

Post-Race Press Conference wrote:Scott Menard, first win since the Italian Grand Prix last year, and your first win for the Williams team. How does it feel?

Scott Menard wrote:Well, any win is great! Um! I guess this ain't as grand as my win at Monza last year, but the team did their job, I did my job, and here we are at the top again.

Post-Race Press Conference wrote:Does the season start here for you, in your opinion?

Scott Menard wrote:You could say that I guess. Things haven't really gone our way in the race up until now, and this result definitely has us wanting more.

Post-Race Press Conference wrote:Thank you Scott.

Robert Finley wrote:I was just minding my business, and after the mess at the start, I just wanted to keep my head, keep the car on the road and finish. I gained 3 places from the incident, and that jump from 7th to 4th is, aar, err, well those were the only spots I gained, and after that I just kept my head, kept it steady, and finished a good 4th to bank in my first points. Great job to Scotty, hopefully we'll be seeing more of him, and me, on the podium!
The Legend That Is Greg Moore
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:Pretty happy with that race on home ground, could have been better but it was solid. To be within 10 seconds of the leader is promising, even if there were 3 cars between us. Hopefully we can build on this - there's no reason not to expect points as a minimum at every race, both myself and the car are well capable of it.

Furthermore, I would appreciate if my efforts were rewarded with the requisite two points in the championship please!
Last edited by shinji on 28 Oct 2011, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:Not a great race for me. I had some gearbox problems and I got a puncture after clipping Mignolet´s front wing and I had to retire.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Furthermore, I would appreciate if my efforts were rewarded with the requisite two points in the championship please!

:oops:

Corrected now.

Jeroen Krautmeir

Re: The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Signups!

Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo, Monaco - Qualifying
Conditions: Dry

1) Damon Cannon  Arrows-BMW  1:22.000
2) Jeroen Krautmeir  Prost-Renault  1:22.214
3) Douglas Mann  Williams-Renault  1:22.308
4) Ron Mignolet  Prost-Renault  1:22.363
5) Daniel Martins  Benetton-Honda  1:22.399
6) Robert Finley  McLaren-Mercedes  1:22.448
7) Daniel Melrose  McLaren-Mercedes  1:22.469
8) Barii Mori  Williams-Renault  1:22.639
9) Louis Duval  Prost-Renault  1:22.692
10) Hagane Shizuka  Benetton-Honda  1:22.805
11) Phoenix McAllister  Arrows-BMW  1:22.926
12) Rhys Davies  Benetton-Honda  1:23.181
13) Jan de Friis  Arrows-BMW  1:23.418
14) Constantin Ferdinand Maria  Stewart-Ford  1:23.696
15) Scott Menard  Williams-Renault  1:23.708
16) Ed Kevin  Ferrari  1:24.257
17) John Zimmer  Reynard-Toyota  1:24.275
18) Poppy Whitechapel  Jordan-Renault  1:24.471
19) Pippa Mann  Reynard-Toyota  1:24.572
20) Ben Fleet  Reynard-Toyota  1:24.637
21) Thomas de Bock  Sauber-Peugeot  1:24.837
22) Aurelien Moll  Jordan-Renault  1:24.883
23) Philippe Nicolas  Jordan-Renault  1:25.236
24) Tristan Jung  Sauber-Peugeot  1:25.294
25) Jack Christopherson  Sauber-Peugeot  1:25.417
26) Andreas Jonsson  Stewart-Ford  1:25.473
27) Matej Uram  Minardi-Porsche  1:25.537
28) Yahya Albaf  Minardi-Porsche  1:25.583
29) Giovanni Roda  Ferrari  -:--.---

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:I have to give credit to Robert for beating me in Qualifying as he simply looked electric around the circuit but, sadly, it was on a weekend where McLaren only look like they're fighting for minor points positions. However I'm expecting a race of massive attrition, especially with 29 cars trying to file their way into Ste Devote off the start.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I'm telling you, Monaco and Roda is simply something you don't want! First that madman compromised so many qualifying laps, without actually setting a time because he kept on slapping the wall, and then he tops it off by getting involved in a huge wreck with his very own teammate! I mean, that was really scary, and it's no joke. I'm just gonna check Ed at the hospital now. As for qualifying, well, Damon was simply unstoppable all day. That my best lap was 2 tenths off is a bit demoralizing, but I think in race trim we're gonna be better.

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Wow, the front is tight.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Daniel Martins wrote:I absolutely love this Monaco circuit. I was always playing it in Microprose GP when I was a kid! My lap was perfect and I felt the car on the edge. Hagane and Rhys aren't very far and I hope for a strong Benetton race. What I now must avoid is the first corner kamikazes that happen to populate this grid...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:Look, since I've joined Ferrari I've been the first to defend Gio. I can tell you honestly that he is a really nice guy, not to mention a hard-working driver. He really wants to get better.

Having said that, I ended up in hospital today as a direct consequence of his actions, and as it turns out I'll miss the race as well. I was on an inlap after setting that banker and he just came barrelling up the inside out of the tunnel. That's a risky move at the best of times - it's even worse when the 'victim', so to speak, isn't expecting it at all. We came together and I swerved into the outer wall, then bounced over the kerbing, almost flipping, before the hitting that wall at the. I dread to think what could have happened if my car had gone upside-down.

Maybe I should have seen him coming, but I don't think I can make excuses for him about this. While I obviously can't actively speak out against my team-mate, I don't think I'll be giving him too much more support when other drivers complain about him.

I'm disappointed to miss this race, but after the accident I think I was only going to be starting at the back anyway, and on Monaco of all tracks that's a death-knell. I'll be grand for the next race but the doctors just advised me not to race tomorrow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:Every lap I did, the car went faster and faster. It seems it was sapping an oasis of grip out there, and I made the most of it to get my first pole of the year. Jeroen looks like the second biggest challenge to victory tomorrow, the Prost pretty much matching my times. In all seriousness though, I'm worried about tomorrow. I saw what Roda was doing in qualifying, which made me time my fast laps in a way that I would not be hindered. I saw the replays of Kevin's accident, and it looked awful. Hopefully, he'll be disqualified before the race begins, so he can't ruin the race for others, and endanger lives.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:Where's Roda!? Where is this motherbathplugger! You do not cut across someone going into Saint Devote, you bathplugger! Ban this James Hunt from tomorrow onwards! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Autosport wrote:Ferrari to end Roda's contract at the end of the season

Ferrari decided, in the aftermath of the events which happened today in Monaco, to end Giovanni Roda Ferrari's affiliation at the end of the season. Ferrari declared themselves unhappy for his main driver to get injured by a reckless action of his team-mate and fully support Ed Kevin recovery. Full Ferrari press release below:

Ferrari honest (yes, it may happen in an alternate universe) press release:
At the light of today's events we would like to state that we fully support our main driver Ed Kevin both in his recovery and in his decision to stop supporting Giovanni Roda. We decided to honour our deals with Roda and respective sponsors until the end of the season. We believed Roda could improve and help us to improve but we have proven wrong and with that we take full responsibility in today's grave accident. We will continue to help Roda during the rest of the season and at the same time wish him best of luck in his search for a drive next season. Today, Roda showed complete disregard for the safety of his team-mate and even Ferrari can't comply with that. Thank you for your time.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:Well that happened very fast. This has been a busy day, what with the crash, my current severe headache and now Giovanni's sacking. I really would hate to think that my speaking out had a direct impact on Gio losing his seat, maybe there have been murmurings within the team for a while, I don't know. But if I had anything to do with this, I just want to apologise, both publicly and personally, to Gio. Sincerely, good luck after this season my man, and I hope we can get on well for the rest of the year.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:GPDA in call for Roda to be excluded from race tomorrow.

The Grand Prix Drivers Association have called on Giovanni Roda to be excluded from the race tomorrow after his reckless action caused a few acidents including an injury to his team mate. He also failed to set any time as he never got a clean lap around the circuit, some would say he never did a clean out lap. Barii Mori, one of the comittee members of the GPDA said "He is a menace and we call for him to be excluded for at least tomorrow so we can all race in safety. We are taking this matter up to the highest level and if the FIA do not ban him then we are considering strike action."

Constantin Ferdinand Maria wrote:14th is a superb position for me, ahead of a Williams driver no less. I remember at the start of the season a driver called me a rent a driver, I hope they will take that back. I am hoping for a good finish and some points tomorrow.

Barii Mori wrote:It was a tough session, especially with Roda being a pain, but it was tight session with the Top 11 only seperate by under a second. Congratulations to Damon Cannon for his impressive 1.22 dead. I hope however there is a bit of a crash up ahead so some of us a bit behind can sneak through.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann wrote:I still have a theory that Roda's performances originate from when he and I were at Lola together, and I managed to score a podium in that car (beating my brother into the bargin, who went on to be 1998 F1CC champion!) while he remained pointless...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Rhys Davies wrote:I just couldn't get a good feel for the track during practice or qualifying. But to be just outside the the top 10 I feel is a pretty solid effort. Maybe someone will cause a massive accident into Ste Devote so I gain a few more spots!

John Zimmer wrote:The best of the Reynards! Although they'll probably fall apart during the race.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:OK, where's the queue to rant about Giovanni Roda? That moron blocked me on my flyer and costed me a second. The car was just a dream but that idiot just had to be on the way. It's inexcusable, really, because right now not even his team mate defends him, which is no surprise considering what he did to him. I don't know why Ferrari haven't sacked him on the spot. The man's a walking disaster and I do not mind admitting it makes me scared to have him anywhere around me on the track.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ron Mignolet wrote:I would like to thank Roda to hold up other guys, so i could be the only one to set a fast lap. You know guys, it's all about timing...and now it's time to party!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

f1ccnews.net

Ferrari on the lookout for new driver

Ferrari, in the wake of announcing that controversial Italian Giovanni Roda is to leave the team at the end of 1999, have this evening declared that they are on the prowl for young talent to take up their third seat for the remainder of the season, presumably with a view to keeping them alongside Ed Kevin in 2000. A quote from Ferrari said that while they aren't looking at any drivers in particular, they would be very interested in taking on a rookie to the top echelon.

While at the moment a seat in the historic team may seem a poisoned chalice, with Kevin having been hospitalised twice so far this season and Roda causing consternation up and down the grid, it is now felt in the paddock that Roda's departure at the end of the season may point towards a new found professionalism in the team, and that taking up Ferrari on this offer may be a great bet for a young hopeful.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

shinji wrote:
f1ccnews.net

Ferrari, in the wake of announcing that controversial Italian Giovanni Roda is to leave the team at the end of 1999, have this evening declared that they are on the prowl for young talent to take up their third seat for the remainder of the season, presumably with a view to keeping them alongside Ed Kevin in 2000. A quote from Ferrari said that while they aren't looking at any drivers in particular, they would be very interested in taking on a rookie to the top echelon.

While at the moment a seat in the historic team may seem a poisoned chalice, with Kevin having been hospitalised twice so far this season and Roda causing consternation up and down the grid, it is now felt in the paddock that Roda's departure at the end of the season may point towards a new found professionalism in the team, and that taking up Ferrari on this offer may be a great bet for a young hopeful.

And there is still a second seat available, so Ferrari is looking for 2 new drivers if possible!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
shinji wrote:
f1ccnews.net

And there is still a second seat available, so Ferrari is looking for 2 new drivers if possible!

Pippa Mann is interested. Don't forget that while she has been near the back of the grid/midfield, she and Roda were teammates at Lola, and she managed to drag that car to a podium which it did not deserve! Plus Ben Fleet has expressed an interest also.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Gio Van Dycke would love to be Pippa's teammate ;)
On the other hand, Dennis Mignolet is also interested in a comeback, but consider he is just as unlucky as Luca Badoer
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Gio Van Dycke would love to be Pippa's teammate ;)

:oops:

Ahh, but don't forget that Ben Fleet will be hanging around there too! He won't take any rubbish!
MCard LOLA
Jeroen Krautmeir

FERRARI WITHDRAWN FROM MONACO GRAND PRIX

Ferrari and the F1CC Commission have jointly announced that the famous Italian squad will withdraw from the Monaco Grand Prix, following the accident involving drivers Giovanni Roda and Ed Kevin. F1CCC chairman Rudolf Hasse mentioned a few reasons as to why the withdrawal was necessary. "First of all, following consultation of the doctors, we had come to the conclusion that Ed Kevin would be in no condition to drive an F1CC car at its fullest. As for Giovanni Roda, despite his injuries not being as major as Mr. Kevin, we came to the conclusion that he would not be allowed to start the race due to a temporary suspension of his licence. We would also like to mention that Mr. Roda will be given full police protection following several, err, threats by his fellow drivers. We are confident that we will be able to escape any unnecessary confrontations *thud*. Oh, um, nevermind."

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:What's going on? Well, basically Phoenix told the good policeman over there, yes policeman, that he would like a short chat with Giovanni. It hasn't really ended up well. What am I doing here? Well, hanging around the hospital corridor with a can of coke with my legs crossed is cool, right? *whack* Oh look, Barii's joined in! *crash* That must have been the window. *profanity in Japanese, Spanish and Italian* Whatever they said was probably bad...

Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

Autosprint.it wrote:Giovanni Roda leaves Ferrari with immediate effect

Montecarlo - In a short and surprisingly press conference convened by the Italian driver this morning during the warmup, Giovanni Roda briefly announced his breach of the contract with Scuderia Ferrari with immediate effect. Prancing Horse that will have to find a new driver to fill the second seat alongside the injured Ed Kevin for the next race at Barcelona, Spain. We briefly report the sentences of the conference below:

Giovanni Roda wrote:In response to the numerous speculations been made on my behaviour onto the track and on my seat by journalists and executives of Ferrari after the accident yesterday afternoon with Mr. Ed Kevin, I would like to announce that today, 15 May 1999, I have formally broken the contract which tied me to Scuderia Ferrari. Thus this evening neither Ferrari #3 nor mine Ferrari #4 will be racing. Are there any questions?

Alberto Antonini wrote:With this move are you supposed to take your sponsorship cash away from Ferrari’s bank account?

Giovanni Roda wrote:Of course.

Alberto Antonini wrote:We know that recently Ferrari’s financial side wasn’t not that healthy at the beginning of the season. What do you think will happen now with your departure, will the year be compromised together with the development of the new car?

Giovanni Roda wrote:I don’t know. The only issue I know they we’ll have to cope with is the search of people like me that guaranteed massive funds in order to cover their fund expenditures and transfers.

Pino Allievi wrote:Did you have to pay any penalty due to this shocking decision?

Giovanni Roda wrote:Not at all. I really wanted in the contract a clause that allowed me just to break it at any time I would have liked, if inappropriate conditions would have come. Clearly, since ousted from the pitwall, in particular by Jean Todt, and deprived of all political and technical support I was guaranteed before the accident with Mr. Kevin although it was me who paid all the transfers to the races or test sessions, I decided to leave immediately.

Stella Bruno wrote:Was it a decision made under pressure of the GPDA, or more related to the Ferrari press release and to Kevin’s statements?

Giovanni Roda wrote:Absolutely not, it has been my own decision I wanted to take in order not to give them [GPDA drivers, ed] the taste of me ousted from the grid today, because they would have done that for sure. Even if I have to admit that most is due to the team, which has demonstrated its incompetence in managing relationships with its drivers and know how to treat them as such, as usually.

Stella Bruno wrote:So Ed’s statements didn’t weighted.

Giovanni Roda wrote:Is there someone who listens to them still? I mean, I think you know that in the paddock Mr. Ed Kevin is a complete and well-known hypocrite. First he defends and supports me, maybe because he wanted to return racing with a team like Ferrari, the team par excellence; then he comes to me saying that I’m not up to a Formula 1 car and a track like Monaco, he would not give more support to me and various other bollocks. Now he excuse himself because all happened very quickly, but when he has been able to do the damage. I think this speaks for itself.

Pino Allievi wrote: Your former team mate, Pippa Mann, said that your performance, certainly not excellent, start since the Lola times, when Pippa was able to get to the podium, while you did not. What do you think?

Giovanni Roda wrote:Are there any further and serious questions?

Pino Allievi wrote:Again Pippa Mann and Ben Fleet are given as the likely favorite to replace you at Ferrari and…

Giovanni Roda wrote:I do not care about these under-the-counter moves. If you have any questions about what happened yesterday I'll be happy to answer, otherwise I can already say goodbye.

Federica Balestrieri wrote:What about your future now?

Giovanni Roda wrote:I'm going to take a period of reflection, in which I will strengthen my weaknesses, I will work and train hard to get back even more competitive than now and, if I want, I'll still be there, on the grid to listen whining primadonnas who monopolize the front rows, who complain of anything hold them up from winning, want rooms and rooms of space while they’re lapping me. Poor idiots, it makes you realize that they do not have the slightest idea of how behave in motorsport. They should know, since most of them are English, that the “Motorsport is dangerous”. Instead, the various Mann, Cannon, Whitechapel, McAllister are to take the most competitive car, or complaining that they’ve got a weak one, to run gaining loads of money, to win (making more money) or to moan they didn’t succeed in. Without taking any risks. Too easy, dear boys.
The only, and I say the only, I’ve never heard complaining about me or other issues, despite driving a wheelbarrow, has been Constantin [Ferdinand Maria], a prince who has class to spare. Everyone should learn from him, how to behave in and out of the track and how he conceive the motorsport. But unfortunately they are all committed to finish first, so they can say to the world and one another, "I finished ahead of you" or "I was faster than you”. I believed Formula One was different from this procession of first ladies, but unfortunately I was wrong and I’ve taken not of this for those 2 year and half I’ve been here. Now that I’m off from this world, I'm curious to know who they will blame for their accidents. I’ve said all I would have like to, then the press conference ends here. Thanks for your time.

Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:My quotes about Giovanni Roda were taken just before I was called back into hospital to stay overnight. As I speak to you now I'm lying in my hospital bed - and I remind you, the crash was blatantly his fault. To that effect, while I stand by what I said, if Roda is calling me a hypocrite based off of what I said yesterday evening, then he is a very easily hurt person indeed. I've been the only driver to defend him this season, not just because he's my team-mate - I never criticised him when I was at McLaren either. If he can't recognise that, and instead personally insults me, then I don't really know what to say.

He's revealed his true character to me today, and frankly I can't say I'll miss him now from the team. Hopefully his replacement will be more personable.

Apparently I'm going to be released from hospital today and I'll be able to watch the race from the redundant Ferrari garage. Roda's gone back to Italy I hear.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

GPDA wrote:The GPDA would like to issue a short statement about Giovanni Roda withdrawl from the sport, we thank him for his judgement in jumping before he was push off a cliff and hopefully he will stick to fairground dodgems and leave F1 to serious drivers.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ron Mignolet wrote:Oh great, Giovanni, have you forgotten how many times i did defend you? You don't remember how many times i had to brake the ice with the girls at the party so you could take them home?
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Yahya Albaf wrote:Although I don't like to comment on other drivers, I really have to speak out my mind about Giovanni Roda.
He is a lilability, and someone so slow doesn't belong to Formula One. I know, I'm not the fastest driver myself, but I have very little racing experience, whilst Roda is a professional, from whom we shall expect top notch driving.
This and his manners (or I should say lack of it) didn't really help him distinguish himself in Formula One and save his job. Understandably for Ferrari.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Yahya Albaf wrote:Although I don't like to comment on other drivers, I really have to speak out my mind about Giovanni Roda.
He is a lilability, and someone so slow doesn't belong to Formula One. I know, I'm not the fastest driver myself, but I have very little racing experience, whilst Roda is a professional, from whom we shall expect top notch driving.
This and his manners (or I should say lack of it) didn't really help him distinguish himself in Formula One and save his job. Understandably for Ferrari.

Also, a very promising and rich driver with bathplugload of sponsors from Monaco is willing to take Roda's seat. Francois Albertini is the name.
Last edited by Pointrox on 05 Nov 2011, 20:32, edited 3 times in total.