The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Season

Archive for the three above subforums
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Signups!

Post by DanielPT »

Daniel Martins wrote:I am happy with the general feeling I am having with the car. This last test was made with a decent amount of fuel so it is hard to guess where we stand. Anyway we are still experimenting some new parts and and hopefully we will be ready for the first race.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Malinth

Post by Malinth »

Scott Menard wrote:Well, I was playing around with the wet setup today, and when the track got dry, I decided to take a break. The car is certainly very quick in the wet, but quite frankly we're gonna need to do a lot of work if we're gonna get close to Jeroen in the Prost.

Robert Finley wrote:Well Dr. Sid Watkins says I sprained my ankle in my [high-speed] crash. It was weird. I was set to put in a very quick time, when all of the sudden my brakes just left me. I mean, I gotta give it to the safety of these F1 cars. It was a really big impact, and I'm not sure I'll be able to run tomorrow.
The Legend That Is Greg Moore
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:Robert was using the new brake package McLaren had brought to the test today while I was using the old one but one of the discs on his car simply exploded and fired him off into the barrier. I'm glad that he's OK and the data he got showed that once the problems are ironed out this package should be worth about half a second a lap. If Robert is unable to test tomorrow Ron has drafted in Former Formula One World Champion Chris Dagnall for a one-off run.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Jerez, Spain - Public Off-Season Test 2 - Day 4
Conditions: Damp

Code: Select all

1) Jeroen Krautmeir  Prost-Renault  1:23.403
2) Scott Menard  Williams-Renault  1:23.774
3) Daniel Melrose  McLaren-Mercedes  1:23.959
4) Barii Mori  Williams-Renault  1:24.265
5) Damon Cannon  Arrows-BMW  1:24.348
6) Phoenix McAllister  Arrows-BMW  1:24.371
7) Ed Kevin  Ferrari  1:24.536
8) Hagane Shizuka  Benetton-Honda  1:24.821
9) Daniel Martins  Benetton-Honda  1:24.845
10) Douglas Mann  Williams-Renault  1:24.974
11) Pippa Mann  Reynard-Toyota  1:25.043
12) Ben Fleet  Reynard-Toyota  1:25.564
13) Chris Dagnall  McLaren-Mercedes  1:25.736
14) Ron Mignolet  Prost-Renault  1:26.182
15) Louis Duval  Prost-Renault  1:26.282
16) Poppy Whitechapel  Jordan-Renault  1:26.634
17) Constantin Ferdinand Maria  Stewart-Ford  1:26.774
18) Thomas de Bock  Sauber-Peugeot  1:26.839
19) John Zimmer  Reynard-Toyota  1:26.939
20) Rhys Davies  Benetton-Honda  1:27.212
21) Jan de Friis  Arrows-BMW  1:27.348
22) Tristan Jung  Sauber-Peugeot  1:27.371
23) Yahya Albaf  Minardi-Porsche  1:27.376
24) Jack Christopherson  Sauber-Peugeot  1:27.888
25) Andreas Jonsson  Stewart-Ford  1:27.937
26) Giovanni Roda  Ferrari  1:28.010
27) Aurelien Moll  Jordan-Renault  1:28.962
28) Matej Uram  Minardi-Porsche  1:29.124
29) Philippe Nicolas  Jordan-Renault  -:--.---
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Constantin Ferdinand Maria wrote:Oh my only 3 and a bit seconds off the pace to be 17th, well I am learning this F1 business fast, so I hope that people will no longer think I am some kind of rich no talent pay driver.

Barii Mori wrote:At Williams we have been working on various set ups for race distance and we are very pleased with the results. We will be the team to beat :D

Autosport wrote:Ferrari accused of running an illegal car for Roda

Today Roda posted a respectable time and was not dead last and some teams have accussed Ferrari or running an illegal car for Roda to post a good time. One team manager that did not want to be named said "Roda looked like he was not sure how to control the car, as he ran wide a few times, was jiggling all over the track and his times were all over the place, however the tell tale sign was that the engine note sounded very different from Ed Kevins Ferrari, sounded like it was giving at least 100hp more, almost like it was turbo charged.", another said "He is still a menace, he only posted a single time under 1:30, his average times we calculate as 1:37.0 which is too slow for F1, hell he would have struggled to qualify an F1 car in a F3000 race.". Ferrari have declined to answer any of our questions.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

Giovanni Roda wrote: Put that I like driving in these condition, put a fantastic car set how eventually I want and today's result is easily explained. I'd bet all of you are surprised, huh? Hahahahaha... I'm very delighted with the step we've moved towards a decent field position. I'd like to thank with Ed who gave me some help in trying to solve a little problem in the acceleration exiting out of the hairpin. He's a friendly guy, I get on very well with him and has integrated well with the rest of the team, then I think that there are all the basis to do a competitive season. Obviously we've to improve much more in the next test sessions to reach positions which belong to us, but given the goodness of the chassis I'm very confident we can do it. Other team managers complaining about my performance? They should whine about themselves, it's not my problem if they've designed a crappy chassis, or hired bad drivers. Probably they begin to be worried of my recent improvements and somehow want to spread bad rumours to kick me off, I'd bet it, so as not to see me ahead of them. Racing is, unfortunately, this too.
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:I'd just to ask those attacking my team-mate; what would be in it for Ferrari to give Giovanni a turbocharged car and not me? No logic there whatsoever. He's just showing that he can be a competitive enough driver, no conspiracy theories at all.

Anyway, all I care about is that these tests are continually showing us to be up there as one of the 4 or 5 fastest cars, which is great news.

---Serious for a moment---

As regards these tests - are there really 3 more sets of 4 day tests? Because that's going to take forever to get through before we start the season proper.

Not to put any pressure on you Jeroen... 8-)
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Jeroen Krautmeir

shinji wrote:---Serious for a moment---

As regards these tests - are there really 3 more sets of 4 day tests? Because that's going to take forever to get through before we start the season proper.

Not to put any pressure on you Jeroen... 8-)

Well, we can always start right now, or cut a few days. Up to you guys, I'll give you a few days to come up with a decision.

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'd probably have one or two more days testing, and then go straight to Melbourne. You could claim that logistical problems caused the cancelation of the final 4 day test.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'm slightly bored of the testing, hence why I have not been posting in this thread. I would like to see the season start. (Having said that, I am then on holiday for a fortnight as from next weekend...).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'd like the season to start as soon as possible, especially now that Roda is finally finding his feet :lol:
Jeroen Krautmeir

Settled then. The next session to be done will be Australia qualifying, Get your helmets ready...

Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:Settled then. The next session to be done will be Australia qualifying, Get your helmets ready...

Today Giovanni Roda said that, with his usual speed on and outside the track, he reached all his other colleagues-political enemies after a month of travelling, hence the 1999 Championship can start. :P
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

...I've noticed this championship for the first time. It looks interesting. So WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE A WIKI PAGE? If it did then I could edit it so that the 1998-99 seasons could be the placeholders for the "years ending in 8 and 9" to keep the table straight, and I might not have to keep up the ridiculous pretence of holding out for ten seasons of tommykl's "We recreate history" championships when the first is progressing at the pace of a pre-qualifying lap in a Life.

Somebody (who's involved in this championship) do it! If you do I'll promise that Sir Bernard Shekelslike will extend a contract to run F1RMGP until the 2017 season. At least.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

dinizintheoven wrote:...I've noticed this championship for the first time. It looks interesting. So WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE A WIKI PAGE? If it did then I could edit it so that the 1998-99 seasons could be the placeholders for the "years ending in 8 and 9" to keep the table straight, and I might not have to keep up the ridiculous pretence of holding out for ten seasons of tommykl's "We recreate history" championships when the first is progressing at the pace of a pre-qualifying lap in a Life.

Somebody (who's involved in this championship) do it! If you do I'll promise that Sir Bernard Shekelslike will extend a contract to run F1RMGP until the 2017 season. At least.

Wizzie can do it - he's done virtually nothing except for his own page :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:...I've noticed this championship for the first time. It looks interesting. So WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE A WIKI PAGE? If it did then I could edit it so that the 1998-99 seasons could be the placeholders for the "years ending in 8 and 9" to keep the table straight, and I might not have to keep up the ridiculous pretence of holding out for ten seasons of tommykl's "We recreate history" championships when the first is progressing at the pace of a pre-qualifying lap in a Life.

Wizzie can do it - he's done virtually nothing except for his own page :lol:

I'll get around to it once I get back from the Gold Coast. (Thank HWNSNBM for mobile broadband :lol: )
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Jack O Melley wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:Settled then. The next session to be done will be Australia qualifying, Get your helmets ready...

Today Giovanni Roda said that, with his usual speed on and outside the track, he reached all his other colleagues-political enemies after a month of travelling, hence the 1999 Championship can start. :P

:lol:

Enough waiting, I'll get to doing quali now! (hehe, so much for being sick in bed)

As for the wiki page, feel free people!

Jeroen Krautmeir

Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia - Qualifying
Conditions: Dry

1) Daniel Melrose  McLaren-Mercedes  1:30.455
2) Douglas Mann  Williams-Renault  1:30.660
3) Jeroen Krautmeir  Prost-Renault  1:30.758
4) Damon Cannon  Arrows-BMW  1:30.762
5) Scott Menard  Williams-Renault  1:31.217
6) Barii Mori  Williams-Renault  1:31.262
7) Phoenix McAllister  Arrows-BMW  1:31.271
8) Louis Duval  Prost-Renault  1:31.369
9) Ed Kevin  Ferrari  1:31.373
10) Daniel Martins  Benetton-Honda  1:31.524
11) Hagane Shizuka  Benetton-Honda  1:31.765
12) Robert Finley  McLaren-Mercedes  1:31.863
13) Ron Mignolet  Prost-Renault  1:32.348
14) Pippa Mann  Reynard-Toyota  1:32.446
15) Ben Fleet  Reynard-Toyota  1:33.202
16) Poppy Whitechapel  Jordan-Renault  1:33.563
17) Jan de Friis  Arrows-BMW  1:33.844
18) Thomas de Bock  Sauber-Peugeot  1:34.693
19) Constantin Ferdinand Maria  Stewart-Ford  1:34.983
20) John Zimmer  Reynard-Toyota  1:35.428
21) Rhys Davies  Benetton-Honda  1:36.143
22) Tristan Jung  Sauber-Peugeot  1:36.422
23) Philippe Nicolas  Jordan-Renault  1:37.261
24) Jack Christopherson  Sauber-Peugeot  1:38.250
25) Andreas Jonsson  Stewart-Ford  1:38.417
26) Giovanni Roda  Ferrari  1:38.723
27) Aurelien Moll  Jordan-Renault  1:38.748
28) Matej Uram  Minardi-Porsche  1:38.753
29) Yahya Albaf  Minardi-Porsche  1:38.806

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

We haven't had our best qualify session, but finishing in the first half of the field is okay. Reliability will be key, if we can finish the race, we might score points.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann wrote:A promising start to the season. I just hope that this season starts better than last season (although I still ended up doing alright last year, didn't I? :P ;) )

Ben Fleet and Pippa Mann wrote:Yeah, mid-field for us. Our teammate John Zimmer had a disappointing session, ending up 20th, but we are still optimistic that our race pace will be good enough to maintain Reynard's record of winning their debut race in every category they enter!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:I was pushing as fast as I could, but this is a new track to me so I´m pretty pleased with this result. I´ll hope that the race goes better.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:That was a superb session to kick off the new season. The car is so drivable around this track. It's far too early to make concrete assumptions about the season itself, but Williams definitely look strong. It's great to see Daniel and Jeroen bounce back in style after their horrific accidents last year. Even Roda seems to have improved in pace. I think its quite possible for me to take victory here tomorrow.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:We're going backwards. I had a horrible moment at turn 5 where the car oversteered and brushed the wall, thankfully not smashing into it. Phillipe and Aurelian are way down the field, and Aurelian was even out-qualified by Roda of all people. I've no idea how I got this shitbox to 16th, a place it clearly doesn't deserve. Chances are, I'm probably going to get wiped out at the first corner from this position, and it'll be a miracle if I even get to the finish.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:Wow that's a congested field - top 10 within a second! Bit mad! Anyway, I s'pose it's a good sign that we're up there in that group, and it was much of a muchness where one ended up. So hopefully we'll be able to have a good competitive race to finally get the season up and running.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:I knew that final lap was quick but I didn't think it was THAT quick. I was absolutely wringing every last ounce of performance out of that McLaren on the final lap and it paid dividends. I'm not sure the win is a likely proposition considering the high quality of the people we're racing but we're sure as hell gonna give it a real hot go.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori wrote:Bloody Roda, getting in my way again, what idiot at the F1CC thought it would be a smart idea to give this slow idiot a licence? Although Ferrari will claim he was not the slowest, my engineers pointed out that if you took the average flying lap times then Roda would be 2 seconds slower then the Minardis...

Constantin Ferdinand Maria wrote:Gosh, golly! 3.5 seconds faster then my team mate and 19th, one thinks I have got the hang of this motor racing lark.
Malinth

Re: The 'F1 Challenge' Championship- 1999 Season

Post by Malinth »

Scott Menard wrote:Well, we were struggling with the car setup a bit. The advantage of having a 3 car team is that you get to, err, share info a bit more, but nothing seemed to work for us. We tried our own setup, then went to Barii's, then to Doug's, but I just couldn't really find the pace to match Dan and Doug. Maybe it's just me, but, well, there's always tomorrow, so we'll see!

Robert Finley wrote:I tell you Martin, the time really isn't representative of how far McLaren has come ever since the new car came out. I really took too much time to learn the circuit, and I really couldn't find the confidence to push to the absolute limit. Daniel has really done a fantastic job, and well, my aim for the race is just to finish and hopefully score a few points.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia - Race
Conditions: Dry

1) Daniel Melrose  McLaren-Mercedes  
2) Jeroen Krautmeir  Prost-Renault  +16.789
3) Ed Kevin  Ferrari  +27.356
4) Hagane Shizuka  Benetton-Honda  +48.981
5) Louis Duval  Prost-Renault  +1:10.396
6) Jan de Friis  Arrows-BMW  +1:21.261
7) Pippa Mann  Reynard-Toyota  +1 LAP
8) Giovanni Roda  Ferrari  +5 LAPS
9) Poppy Whitechapel  Jordan-Renault  +5 LAPS

Drivers Championship

1. Daniel Melrose/McLaren/AUS - 10
2. Jeroen Krautmeir/Prost/GER - 6
3. Ed Kevin/Ferrari/IRL - 4
4. Hagane Shizuka/Benetton/JPN - 3
5. Louis Duval/Prost/FRA - 2
6. Jan de Friis/Arrows/NED - 1

Teams Championship

1. McLaren - 10
2. Prost - 8
3. Ferrari - 4
4. Benetton - 3
5. Arrows - 1

Engines Championship

1. Mercedes - 10
2. Renault - 6
3. Ferrari - 4
4. Honda - 3
5. BMW - 2
6. Toyota - 1

Nations Championship

1. Australia - 10
2. Germany - 6
3. Ireland - 4
4. Japan - 3
5. France - 2
6. The Netherlands - 1

Tyres Championship

1. Bridgestone - 10
2. Michelin - 6
3. Pirelli - 4
4. Goodyear - 3

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:Oh my. I really must apologise for how my shitbox wiped out nearly a good third of the field at the start. I made a great start to take 2nd by the first corner, but seconds after that my car lost all drive and stopped in the middle of the track. At least three cars smashed into me (think it was two of the Williams) and at least another 5 were caught up. How there was no red flag I'll never know. Thankfully, everyone is alright but that is an incredibly disappointing way to start the season. Jan at least salvaged a point for the team, which is good.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:I had Thomas De Bock take my rear wing off whilst everyone was trying to avoid, and failing, Damon's Arrows. That confined me to last place for the rest of the race, and the inglory of finishing behind Roda. At least Damon is fine.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:*Does small jig as he gets out of car* That was a simply perfect race for me. I honestly have no idea what happened at the start as I simply got the lead and steamed off into the distance after the safety car pulled in. Hopefully this home win will be the beginning of a championship challenge by myself and the team.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori walking down the pitlane towards the Ferrari Garage. wrote:WHERE THE [CENSORED] IS [CENSORED] RODA? THAT [CENSORED] [CENSORED] IDIOT CAUSED A 5 CAR PILE UP BY RUNNING SLOW AND THEN SPINNING INTO THE RACING LINE. I WANT TO REARRANGE HIS FACIAL FEATURES. YOU BETTER HIDE RODA, STANDING BEHIND YOUR FERRARI MECHANICS. YOU ARE NOT A DRIVER, YOU ARE NOT EVEN A MAN, YOU ARE A [CENSORED] IDIOT. OI CANNON, IF YOUR CAR LOSES DRIVE YOU MOVE TO THE SIDE OF TRACK, YOU [CENSORED] IDIOT, YOU DO NOT STAY IN THE CENTRE OF THE ROAD. YES YOU BETTER HIDE!

Constantin Ferdinand Maria wrote:Gosh, was taken out whilst trying to avoid the smash that, that chap Cannon made. Disappointed.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Daniel Martins wrote:I felt the car had a good race pace and that points were possible for both me and Hagane. While I was taken out in that Damon Cannon incident but Hagane went on for good points. I am happy for him and I accept Damon apologies. It happens to all of us. Hopefully the car will be stronger next race and I will get my first points of the season.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

What a destruction derby. Even I have been hit by someone (didn't really see who it was, I saw a McLaren in front who I wanted to avoid) and I had to have an extra stop along with at least 6 or 7 drivers after the start. Hope to keep this pace up, seems like we're capable of getting points.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

John Zimmer wrote:Oh calm down Barii, Roda wasn't actually that bad for once.

Rhys Davies wrote:Why do my teammates not notice me :cry:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann wrote:That flamin', bloddy Roda! No consistancy whatsoever! I lap him once into the first turn, he has one braking point. I lap him a second time, his braking point is further into the corner. The third time I lap him, he brakes 250 yards earlier than the first time I lap him! Forced me to swerve off into the barrier to avoid him! Wish I had taken him with me to clear him out of everybody else's way...

Ben Fleet wrote:Erm, Douglas?

Douglas Mann wrote:Ahh, Ben! How's things?

Ben Fleet wrote:Erm, yeah. That incident that you said you had with Roda that caused you to swerve off the track into the barrier?

Douglas Mann wrote:Yeah...

Ben Fleet wrote:Well, the first two might have been Roda, but that one where you crashed, that was me braking early. I'm sorry.

Douglas Mann wrote:Eh? What?

Ben Fleet, very quickly and in a rush wrote:Well, in practice, you did comment that the back of our Reynards looked eerily liked the Ferraris, and I did have brake problems, and I couldn't see any blue flags to say you were coming up behind me, otherwise I would have pulled over to let you past...

Douglas Mann wrote:Well, if you had brake problems, why didn't you just pull into the ruddy pits you fool? You know how my sister would feel if you went and hurt yourself if you knew you already had a problem, don't you!

Douglass goes to make a move towards Ben but Ben runs off to the Reynard motorhome...

In the meantime,:

Pippa Mann wrote:OK, so we didn't get Reynard's first win, or even score points, but we did get a finish, and if I hadn't got that puncture a few laps from the end of the race, I reckon I could have kept 6th from a hard-charging Jan de Friis. Here's hoping for better fortune next time out. Now, where did my brother and boyfriend go? Oh there they are, hugging... Hang on, is that a hug? Or are they fighting? Can someone explain what's going on please?
MCard LOLA
Jeroen Krautmeir

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:Well I was extremely lucky to be able to avoid the first lap fracas. Erm, during the first few laps, I was easily running on par with Douglas and Daniel, but I think just before the second pitstop, I brushed the wall, and from then on there was this terrible vibration in the rear, along with an extremely twitchy car. After the stop, Alain told me to take it easy, so that's what I did. I think we're really lucky just to be on the podium, because without Damon's mistake at the beginning, we could have easily been toast. For me personally, it was a good race. After my terrible accident last year, it's great to be able to be running right at the front, and the championship fight is most definitely wide open. If you ask me, Damon, Scott, Barii and the others who were not able to prove themselves today will be back with a vengeance in Brazil.

Malinth

Post by Malinth »

Louise Goodman wrote:Scott Menard, you're looking in amazement at your teammate Barii Mori's behavior right now, your thoughts on the incident?

Scott Menard wrote:Well, yeah I'm looking at Barii right now, I mean, who isn't? *chuckles* If I may just say so, it's shameful behavior, but it keeps us all entertained I guess! *smiles*

Louise Goodman wrote:Indeed, and what of the first corner accident?

Scott Menard wrote:*sigh* Well, ye can't really blame Damon ye know. He says the car just stopped, and well that's not his fault. I'm obviously very unhappy right now, and feel I should be out there racing for victory, but there's nothing you can do, ye know. What's done has been done, and I can only look forward to Interlagos.

Louise Goodman wrote:Thank you Scott. Back to you Murray!

----

Robert Finley wrote:I managed to avoid the first turn clash, but my race wasn't particularly eventful other than that. I was just keeping it steady until I went into a turn way too fast, spun, and stalled the engine. I did manage to get a few laps of racing experience in this level, and I hope I can improve when we get to Brazil. Daniel's done a great job, and I hope I'm much closer to him as the season progresses.
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:I can´t believe I scored in my first race. Amazing. Although the pile-up at the start helped a lot. Unfortunately I suffered a puncture late in the race and it allowed Louis (Duval) to pass me. Anyways, I´m very happy with this result.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Mignolet wrote:I spun while avoiding others in the first corner. Then i ran in opposite direction and collided with the medical car. I continued, but got black-flagged because of all the bits and pieces falling of, and the door of the medical car being stuck on my back wing. I could have easily won though.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Thomas De Bock wrote:Well, that didn't last long. I think it was Philippe who struck the back of my car, sending me into Poppy's rear wing. I landed on Constantin, and that was it.

Aurelien Moll wrote:I was trying to avoid the smash by taking the outside line, but Andreas just came out of nowhere in front of me, upside down, and I had no choice but to hit his car. I saw him later on in the pits, and I'm glad he's fine. That was a serious smash.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin wrote:Lovely. That was a pretty difficult race early on with all the to-ing and fro-ing, but I got into the groove and, happily, the car did too. It's great to start my Ferrari career with a podium, even if it was reliability-assisted, and it's only made me more energised for the season.

I'm also glad for Gio; while he was a few laps down, he got to the end and at times I hear his pace was quite good. Those blaming him for some of the earlier incidents - I don't want to comment, but if they look back at the video the crashes were obviously not anyone's fault, he's just being used as a scapegoat by now. Frankly, it's not fair.
Last edited by shinji on 30 Oct 2011, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.