Bortolotti may replace Badoer after Spa

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Irisado

Re: Bortolotti may replace Badoer after Spa

Post by Irisado »

If that list is even remotely serious, which I doubt, I think Badoer's seat is pretty safe to be honest.

I'm sure Ferrari would love Alonso to jump ship, but that's not going to happen this year, since it's totally impractical, and I think the same is true for any of the other drivers who have existing contracts, so that leaves very few choices.

As for some of those suggestions, André Lotterer, Luca Filippi, and Giorgio Pantano would all be next to useless in my opinion, so Ferrari would be better off sticking with Badoer.

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Gene is not going to be much faster than Badoer, I think, and I doubt they'd let Piquet or Bourdais in the car, though I might be wrong about that. If they get rid of Badoer, then there's not really much harm to be done putting someone like Bortolotti in the car; after all, he can't be much worse than Badoer was at Valencia, now, can he?

I agree with most of this, but the problem is that Bortolotti hasn't even driven in GP2, and I think he would be at a huge disadvantage for that reasons, and do Ferrari really want to put a young Italian with no experience of F1 at all, not even a test, into a Ferrari at Monza, which has a unique aero package, is quite demanding as a result, and where he will face the most unbelievable pressure from the crowd and the media? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Ferrari have given up from this championship two races ago. The development of the cars has been frozen, so I really think that this very moment they aren't focusing on this season at all. That counts as another reason to let Badoer drive for the rest of the season, just for the fun of it.. :)
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Nigel Mansell hasn't announced another comeback for a couple of weeks now. So you never know ...
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Irisado wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Gene is not going to be much faster than Badoer, I think, and I doubt they'd let Piquet or Bourdais in the car, though I might be wrong about that. If they get rid of Badoer, then there's not really much harm to be done putting someone like Bortolotti in the car; after all, he can't be much worse than Badoer was at Valencia, now, can he?

I agree with most of this, but the problem is that Bortolotti hasn't even driven in GP2, and I think he would be at a huge disadvantage for that reasons, and do Ferrari really want to put a young Italian with no experience of F1 at all, not even a test, into a Ferrari at Monza, which has a unique aero package, is quite demanding as a result, and where he will face the most unbelievable pressure from the crowd and the media? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

Well, I didn't say it had to be Bortolotti, I was just saying someone like him, meaning a rookie. I guess that was a bit of an extreme, though.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Ralph Firman should replace him, clearly. Or Takuma Sato
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Enrique Bernoldi

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

I can't see him running in Monza. It's got to the point where it's embarassing now :( Even Bourdais could do a better job!
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Enrique Bernoldi to replace him then? Ooft...that'd be even more painful to watch! :lol:
Williams basically wants Hulkenburg to replace Badoer, gives him seat time in an F1 race before his inevitable race contract with Williams begins next year.
But IMO getting Fisi would work for both sides. He is getting sacked by Force India at the end of the season anyway, and would you want to drive in crappy back-of-the-grid car for your last GPs or one that can score podiums? Plus Mallya donating Fisi to Ferrari would probs count as paying some of his debt back to them too ;) (for terminating the engine supply contract early...)
And having a driver who has alot of experience, and has been racing in F1 this year would be benificial for Ferrari in scoring points in Constructors Championship. Something Badoer won't be doing if he stays on...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Enrique Bernoldi

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

kostas22 wrote:Enrique Bernoldi to replace him then? Ooft...that'd be even more painful to watch! :lol:

Now I would LOVE to see that! :P
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)