Your Reject of the Race - Montreal!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
fjackdaw

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Montreal!

Post by fjackdaw »

Race control, perhaps, for having too many laps under the safety car on the restart... but the remaining laps were pretty darn good. So probably still Hamilton.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Track marshall - after all, it was the most threatening moment
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Race Control for keeping the safety car too long on the restart from lap 24 onwards ish... great fantastic race!

As the french would say... je me souviens...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I keep my ROTR vote on Hamilton and nominate Webber too for losing your chance of winning with driving errors.

special mention to brazilian tv coverage for cutting the transmission to transmit a match of Brazilian soccer championship (they could at least have a split screen, showing the two events at once) and cut off the podium to avoid delaying a local tv show. :(
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Hamilton: As I said earlier, he didn't learn from what he did in Monaco. Terrible race for him. Need I say more?
di Resta: Oh what could have been. Too many rookie errors in this one.

Dithering whether or not I should nominate Kobayashi. Yes, he found himself in second. Yet come time when the dries came on the cars he had no pace.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Hamilton again. After seeing the footage, it's not like there was any other part of the track he could have gone.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Dj_bereta wrote:nominate Webber too for losing your chance of winning with driving errors.

Well, then you should nominate Vettel, as well.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

QuickYoda41 wrote:Track marshall - after all, it was the most threatening moment

I couldn't bring myself to nominate him, because that was exactly the sort of thing I probably would have done. You're lying on the ground, Kamui Kobyashi is bearing down on you... of course you're going to fall over again.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm going to definitely say Race Control/Stewards for wiating FAR too long to restart under the safety car, then also having penalties/investigations for just about EVERYTHING, and going way over the top. We want people to race!!!!

Think it might be a tad unfair to give it to Hamilton again - after all Button had the same number of incidents as Hamilton did, and both of them went too fast under the initial safety car, the only difference was Button's car survived and Hamilton's didn't.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
BabyG

Post by BabyG »

Jérôme d'Ambrosio slow all weekend, technically fails to qualify and then gets a drive through for breaking the rules. That was probably the teams fault and he did finish ahead of Glock so he did redeem himself to some extent but I think he still deserves a nomination...
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Hamilton - for the obvious
Race control - for the safety car start, and for waiting too long pre-safety car
D'Ambrosio - for the DNQ
Trulli - finished (on track) below HRT and Virgin
Race marshalls - stay on your feet!
Gutierrez - bet he's gutted.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

I nominate f1rejects.com! How can you say anything in that race was reject worthy... the whole thing was epic from start to end!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

In no particular order:
Hamilton
Extended duration SC periods
Keystone Kops marshall
Last edited by J Washburn Stoker on 12 Jun 2011, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
Jonouchi

Post by Jonouchi »

I'd probably have to give it to di Resta, to be honest. Kamui wasn't as strong on the dry tyres and had he been a bit more careful when passing Heidfeld, he could have managed to score around 5th.
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

noisebox wrote:I nominate f1rejects.com! How can you say anything in that race was reject worthy... the whole thing was epic from start to end!

It's a celebration of rejectdom, not a vilification of it! 8-)
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

J Washburn Stoker wrote:
noisebox wrote:I nominate f1rejects.com! How can you say anything in that race was reject worthy... the whole thing was epic from start to end!

It's a celebration of rejectdom, not a vilification of it! 8-)

That's what I mean - too good for anything reject worthy!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Here are my nominees:

FIA - Why make the 107% rule and not imposing it? And there were too many investigations.

Hamilton - I'll quote two things a Portuguese commentator said about him: "He needs to remember that there are other cars on the track" and "Button taught him that a race isn't won on the first laps, but can be lost on the first laps". Button's win just made him look even more ridiculous.

Virgin - Ambrosio was fail throughout the whole weekend and they got beaten by HRT, a team that is actually, you know, improving.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Race control for me.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
TomPryce

Post by TomPryce »

Hmm. Probably, I would vote for Race Control. I got so frustrated whenever the ticker tape came up because I knew that someone, somewhere, was being a bit nitpickish.

I wouldn't vote Hamilton, simply because I think he got his just deserts :P
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
nik-spyker

Post by nik-spyker »

Hamilton- Again crashing, now with his team mate.

Race Control- Start with the SC, it was in "well" conditions to do a normal start, it wasn't Fuji 2007.

Virgin- Now overtaken by HRT in race and championship
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Have to nominate the Stewards, for jumping on every little incident, some of which would have just been let go on previous occasions & for apparently making no allowance for the difficult conditions.
Not sure that the current system of announcing to the World that "X & Y are under investigation", contributes very much.

& Hamilton...
Last edited by eagleash on 12 Jun 2011, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Haha I agree that race was incredible, though I would give a mention to Hamilton, just awful really!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

eagleash wrote:Have to nominate the Stewards, for jumping on every little incident, some of which would have just been let go on previous occasions & for apparently making no allowance for the difficult conditions. Not sure that the current system of announcing to the World that "X & Y are under investigation", contributes very much.

& Hamilton...

This.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Hang on, what would you prefer? The stewards to announce that an incident is under investigation (and perhaps no further action will be taken), or handing out penalties galore mid-race? Personally I think most of the investigations are warranted, but I doubt penalties will be given for all of them.
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

I'd prefer it to be like it was before where if it was a small collision,we got on with it and decided it was A or B's fault or racing incident. Only if it was something major was it investigated-not two cars diving for a corner at the same time and bashing wings.
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

My vote goes to Hamilton once again. I strongly echo Button's teamradioed question... What is he doing?

Outside of that, there is nothing THAT rejectworthy in the race, not even the safetycar periods annoyed me THAT much...

(ps: Enoch, you might not Rotr Hamilton this time since apparently there are other candidates, but I am still throwing a side-nomination to you if you don't :( )
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

DonTirri wrote:My vote goes to Hamilton once again. I strongly echo Button's teamradioed question... What is he doing?

Outside of that, there is nothing THAT rejectworthy in the race, not even the safetycar periods annoyed me THAT much...

I agree. At least the safety car periods paid off for a fantastic finale.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

DonTirri wrote:My vote goes to Hamilton once again. I strongly echo Button's teamradioed question... What is he doing?

(ps: Enoch, you might not Rotr Hamilton this time since apparently there are other candidates, but I am still throwing a side-nomination to you if you don't :( )

I'm tempted to give it to you for constantly trying to nominate me! :lol:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

eytl wrote:I'm tempted to give it to you for constantly trying to nominate me! :lol:

Wow, here. I was the first user ever nominated for ROTR, so I should be the first to get it, as well. :lol:
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

How about the disappearing rain? I sincerely believe that if the rain had continued, we'd have seen Kobayashi on the podium.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

LionZoo wrote:How about the disappearing rain? I sincerely believe that if the rain had continued, we'd have seen Kobayashi on the podium.

His day will come. I'll happily take Kamui in 7th in return for some of the best racing in yonks.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

eytl wrote:Hang on, what would you prefer? The stewards to announce that an incident is under investigation (and perhaps no further action will be taken), or handing out penalties galore mid-race? Personally I think most of the investigations are warranted, but I doubt penalties will be given for all of them.

Prefer them to show some common sense. :P
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Where could I begin?

Race control, for giving a SC start when not needed, for abusing on investigations after the race, ruin ing every potential podium celebreation. If you need six hours and six cameras to find out if a driver was. Much too far on the in side or not, its called racing incident; therefore, Rule of common sense: if you can't be sure in 15 mins, its 50-50.

Kamui, for ruining a podium going long after a lapped Virgin. You know I love you, but it's the fourth time this year that someone hits you from behind. Consider overbreaking, or defending to hard exiti ng corner a problem of yours.

Race assistant, removing debriss is one thing, goalkeeping is a another very different. Tip: if you are goalkeeping and a Sauber is about to ram you mincemeat, you are in the wrong set of mind for accepting the day to day shenanigans.

Hamilton: Just go home. Such a luck you didn't destroy/anyone else race.

Force India: too bad.

Bulldozers for removing water from track: please, someone tell me it was a f*** joke! Tip: gravity can be your friend, but you must listen her.

Safety car for whatever the reason: destroyed Vettel gap five times.

Fittipaildi: you son of a mother, I had a intraocular lens implantation surgery two days ago. For hours of rac destroyed my eyes!e
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I'm going to have to say everyone who isn't Bernd Maylander. Pretty much the entire field blew it at some point over the weekend. I think Vitaly Petrov and the Toro Rossos were the only drivers who managed to keep their noses clean all weekend.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:I'm going to have to say everyone who isn't Bernd Maylander. Pretty much the entire field blew it at some point over the weekend. I think Vitaly Petrov and the Toro Rossos were the only drivers who managed to keep their noses clean all weekend.

Alguersuari was all over the place in qualifying and somehow didn't manage to end up in the fence.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

My nominations, three as usual:
3rd: Race stewards - what's the point of having the 107% rule if it isn't applied at all? I'm yet to understand why D'Ambrosio got dispensation to race. Even HRT managed to beat him.
2nd: DRS Zones - In my opinion, took Schumacher's chance of defending his podium finish. He was but a sitting duck as Webber blasted past him to take 3rd.
1st: Lewis Hamilton - Crash 'n Bump Antics Again!! Even after what happened at Monaco he was still over-aggressive...

Dishonorable mentions:
Force India - only double DNF, and neither of them were due to mechanical failures or other drivers' errors.
Virgin Racing - can't leave out the fact that they got beaten by both HRTs - by being slow, but Karthikeyan slipped down to 17th due to a post-race penalty. I don't mention the drivers as each individually did their best within the limits of that dog of a car.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Actually, looking back, I think the clear winner is Fernando Alonso for giving up.

Quick recap: we saw the yellow flags go out, and the camera picked up a stricken Ferrari at turn four. The TV director managed to find footage of the incident, and we saw it from two or three angles. Cut back to real-time, and the Ferrari is completely deserted. I expected to see tumbleweeds. As the commentators pointed out, Alonso could have rejoined the race with a push from the trackside marshalls. The back end did end up in the barriers, but it was only a light touch and there was no visible damage. The only way to tell for sure would have been for Alonso to rejoin the race. Yet, in the twenty or thirty seconds that it had taken for the replays to be shown, Alonso had completely abanoned his car. It's not the first time he's done this, either - he had a low-speed spin at Spa last year with no real damage (anything he had was completely cosmetic), and yet jumped ship almost straight away.

The "most complete driver on the grid"? My muscular buttocks he is.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Hamilton FIA should've suspended his superlicense.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Captain Hammer wrote:Actually, looking back, I think the clear winner is Fernando Alonso for giving up.

Quick recap: we saw the yellow flags go out, and the camera picked up a stricken Ferrari at turn four. The TV director managed to find footage of the incident, and we saw it from two or three angles. Cut back to real-time, and the Ferrari is completely deserted. I expected to see tumbleweeds. As the commentators pointed out, Alonso could have rejoined the race with a push from the trackside marshalls. The back end did end up in the barriers, but it was only a light touch and there was no visible damage. The only way to tell for sure would have been for Alonso to rejoin the race. Yet, in the twenty or thirty seconds that it had taken for the replays to be shown, Alonso had completely abanoned his car. It's not the first time he's done this, either - he had a low-speed spin at Spa last year with no real damage (anything he had was completely cosmetic), and yet jumped ship almost straight away.

The "most complete driver on the grid"? My muscular buttocks he is.

The marshals did try to push him onto the track while he was in the car, but they couldn't get the car moved since the center of the car was stuck on the curb. At that point, there was no point in remaining a sitting duck in a stuck race car hoping someone else won't come by and collect you. In fact, considering the marshals had initially tried to push him and failed, I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso got the order to abandon from race direction.
razta

Post by razta »

tkcom wrote:Hamilton FIA should've suspended his superlicense.

Jean Todt should re-consider his 6 race ban!

Also ROTR Double DRS zone, for Robbing Michael Schumacher of a Schu-win OVER DUE COMEBACK VICTORY!