2011 Monaco Grand Prix Discussion Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
FMecha

Re: 2011 Monaco Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by FMecha »

ADx_Wales wrote:How can they restart when there is clearly an injured driver.
Its also past 75% surely that counts towards something.

Alex Caffi had a bad crash in 1990 and they stopped the race without restarting.

This is ridiculous.

And when the race is stopped, isnt it parc-ferme, nobody is allowed to touch the cars?

True. I see that a McLaren staff is bringing a nose-cone. The restart is planned within several minutes.

EDIT (regarding Caffi): :oops:
Last edited by FMecha on 29 May 2011, 16:03, edited 2 times in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
S951

Post by S951 »

how awesome is this race!! vcould only start watching from lap 56 but going to rewatch later god that was becoming a right monster fight before the crash then
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

FMecha wrote:

Alex Caffi had a bad crash in 1990 and they stopped the race without restarting.

This is ridiculous.

And when the race is stopped, isnt it parc-ferme, nobody is allowed to touch the cars?

True. I see that a McLaren staff is bringing a nose-cone. The restart is planned within several minutes.

Also, fixed part about Caffi.

Mansell won the 1990 Portuguese GP, that was red flagged when Alex Caffi crashed where there is now a godawful chicane.
They are also bringing Nicole out , like thats going to bloody help.
Last edited by ADx_Wales on 29 May 2011, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
mario

Post by mario »

Shizuka wrote:NO!!! FIA YOU IDIOT bathplug

But Kobayashi is unrejectified for sure then!

They have to - Petrov was having a lot of difficulty getting out of the car (he appears to have briefly lost consciousness, and was complaining of pain in his lower legs). So, that means that the medics have had to intervene - and there is no way to do that without stopping the race. Thankfully, though, it looks like it is nothing more than heavy bruising - uncomfortable, but thankfully not too serious.

But that was a huge favour for Vettel - it seems that his tyres were right on the cusp of letting go, and he'd have had no traction (it seems that Ferrari are the most frustrated, as they thought Alonso could get past).

Shizuka wrote:Hamilton's rear wing being fixed... Legal or not?
This might end up either the most fluke or the most epic finish of a race.

Yes - parc ferme does not apply during a red flag/restart situation (remember Korea last year, where Mercedes adjusted their suspension ahead of the restart?).

This is ridiculous.

As said before, it is legal. Also, I think that technically the teams have to prepare for a potential restart - perhaps they shouldn't, but they have to be theoretically ready nevertheless.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Ted Kravitz reporting that Petrov is OK.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

This is a low.
Its like a NAscar green white cheuqer but with nothing going to happen.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hamilton you bloody idiot!!!!!!
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
S951

Post by S951 »

Pastor you idiot!!! lewis you mong!!!!

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

There goes Maldonado. Lewis, RotR.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Goddamit Lewis.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

HAMILTON YOU USELESS TWAT!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Hamilton is just begging for a disqualification now!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Great job by the marshals, but why Hamilton? WHY? DSQ!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Before everyone disses Hamilton, that move DID work on Schumacher!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
S951

Post by S951 »

bit pissed off to a degree was shapping up to be proper mega last few laps

still lewis time penalty at the end or grid drop next race

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Don't do it Webber! Don't do it!
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

I'm posting this so that somehting happens

"so....that restart was pointless"
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Webber FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

WEBBER!!!!
the Masked Lapwing

ADx_Wales wrote:I'm posting this so that somehting happens

"so....that restart was pointless"

Indeed. Kamui is no longer 4th :cry:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Bathplug restart! :(
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Vettel, YLB.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Vettel fanboys, prepare to be fingered.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Kobayashi
6th Brazil 2009
6th Abu Dhabi 2009
5th Monaco 2011

NO LONGER A REJECT.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm so glad Hamilton didn't take Kobayashi off.

Surely he is going to be disqualified?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
James1978

Post by James1978 »

What a load of arse. At least Hamilton didn't manage to ruin Kobayashi though. :)

Anyway I'm going to defend Hamilton for actually trying to RACE. All these penalties are stupid if you ask me, all he is trying to do is overtake!! What do you all want him to do just sit behind everyone??
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

I've worked it out.... Webber's 2011 is just like Heinz-Harald Frentzens 1997. Heaps of fastest laps, not many wins, and a team mate who's winning all the time.
the Masked Lapwing

East Londoner wrote:I'm so glad Hamilton didn't take Kobayashi off.

Nah. Time penalty at worst, grid penalty at best.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

James1978 wrote:What a load of arse. At least Hamilton didn't manage to ruin Kobayashi though. :)

Anyway I'm going to defend Hamilton for actually trying to RACE. All these penalties are stupid if you ask me, all he is trying to do is overtake!! What do you all want him to do just sit behind everyone??

At St. Devote during a pointless restart behind an unreliable rookie potentially getting his first F1 points, then yeah, sitting behind would be good.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

I have to say, I was really enjoying the race, but what I saw during the red flag was just ridiculous. Aren't the rules that you're not suppose to change anything during a red flag period? It's stupid, Alonso and Button were both faster than Vettel, and that bloody bathplugger gets his fresh set of SS. Obviously there's no chance Alonso is going to pass him in time. Absolute mockery of the rules. Absolutely guttered to see Vettel win, and gutted to see Kamui overtaken, and gutted to see Pastor bin it.
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
BabyG

Post by BabyG »

Gutted, absolutly gutted - we've been robbed of a barnstorming finish to both the race and qualifying by red flags. Both red flags absolutley nesecary of course, but still disapointing. I feel that they should change the rules on what teams can do to their cars after a red flag ie no tyre changes.

Congratulations to Kamui Kobayashi! Was it ever in doubt that he would eventually un-rejectify himself?
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

So vettel you won a 6 lap race, why the fluke-gasm?
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Hamilton, what can I say, came into this race with bad feelings, and just over done it. But he did really try to make lemonade, but just got too desperate.

Webber, I was all ready to give up on him, but fastest lap again and his saving grace was getting past kobayashi.

The injury to perez and petrov was a negative, but the most entertaining race in monaco in recent memory.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

shinji wrote:
James1978 wrote:What a load of arse. At least Hamilton didn't manage to ruin Kobayashi though. :)

At St. Devote during a pointless restart behind an unreliable rookie potentially getting his first F1 points, then yeah, sitting behind would be good.

So Maldonado got Sutiled? Ironically, Sutil, who caused the entire red flag mess, managed to get a haul of points.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

72 Laps of brilliant
followed by 6 laps of FIAil.
Malinth

Post by Malinth »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:I have to say, I was really enjoying the race, but what I saw during the red flag was just ridiculous. Aren't the rules that you're not suppose to change anything during a red flag period? It's stupid, Alonso and Button were both faster than Vettel, and that bloody bathplugger gets his fresh set of SS. Obviously there's no chance Alonso is going to pass him in time. Absolute mockery of the rules. Absolutely guttered to see Vettel win, and gutted to see Kamui overtaken, and gutted to see Pastor bin it.

Have to agree with you here on pretty much everything. Gary Anderson was commenting how the rules state that you're allowed to change things if it's a safety issue, which means the fixes done by Lewis were legal, but he found the whole tyre-changing thing a whole slap in the face. Ah well, it wasn't a bad race, but very anti-climatic ending.
The Legend That Is Greg Moore
jpm

Post by jpm »

Disgraceful driving by Hamiltonall day; typical of how he won his '08 championship really. Feel sooo sorry for Maldonado; has a touch of Sutil '08 about it doesn't it? And Button was very unlucky not to win today; he didn't put a foot wrong today, and was truly screwed over by the FIA.

Ok..

Conspiracy theorists stand up now;

Petrov, driving for Renault, exagerates an injury and calls for red flags that will enable Renault engined Vettel to change tyres
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:I'm so glad Hamilton didn't take Kobayashi off.

I think that we'll need a replay to judge how far alongside Hamilton was to Maldonado, and whether the move could be considered reckless or simply misjudged.

LionZoo wrote:So Maldonado got Sutiled? Ironically, Sutil, who caused the entire red flag mess, managed to get a haul of points.

Good point - he managed to get a lucky 7th place even though he managed to back everybody up into each other until they collided.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

ADx_Wales wrote:So vettel you won a 6 lap race, why the fluke-gasm?

Well he did a lot more than just the 6 race stint, he did well even if I'm not a fan. To be honest I was hoping when webber was in 6th they would try keeping webber out for a podium, after all in hungary last year they used that strategy to his benefit, but they thought of that chance for vettel instead . RBR aren't capable of thinking up two different strategies to suit two different drivers, they only have enough brain cells to think of a good strategy for only one driver at a time.
Last edited by pablo_h on 29 May 2011, 14:32, edited 2 times in total.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

shinji wrote:

I'm sorry but no. Hamilton was well alongside Maldonado there when Maldonando turned in and obviously didn't know he was there. If he gets penalised/DQ'd/grid penalised for Canada then nobody may as well try to overtake if you ask me.