Sutil involved in alleged bar fight post-China GP

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
patrick

Sutil involved in alleged bar fight post-China GP

Post by patrick »

A story currently picking up speed at the moment is that Adrian Sutil allegedly assaulted GenII/LRGP boss Eric Lux at a nightclub after the Chinese GP a few weeks ago. CCTV purportedly backs up the incident, which apparently involved Sutil brandishing a broken wine glass at Eric. Lux required stitches to his neck and apparently plans to press charges. Lewis Hamilton, who we know as a good friend of Sutil's, was present but was removed by his security team when it kicked off and was uninvolved. But that didn't stop The Times from putting his name only in the headline.

sources: pitpass, The Times (autosport BB copy due to paywall), Le Figaro (autosport BB translation), more discussion (autosport BB gutter posting) and sources page 4+

It is poor form to jump to predictions, but let us remember the last time a driver was involved with the law in such a way - and was replaced by an up and coming young german driver...
I hope this isn't the case for Adrian though.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Sutil involved in alleged bar fight post-China GP

Post by Klon »

Since I really cannot say anything about the case and I strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty, I'm just going to take the piss out of it for now and release the (not quite) official photo of this incident:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

tsk tsk kids these days... :roll:

:P
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The last time this happened, a Belgian driver was replaced by a German.

This time... a German will be replaced by a Belgian...

...once Bertrand Baguette becomes available, that is! :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Cynon wrote:The last time this happened, a Belgian driver was replaced by a German.

So that's where these rumours about D'Ambrosio leaving Virgin are coming from! Sponsor trouble my arse! He just wants a better ride the cocky kid! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Klon wrote:Since I really cannot say anything about the case and I strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty, I'm just going to take the piss out of it for now and release the (not quite) official photo of this incident:

STUNNER! STUNNER! The Sutil Stunner! :D :D
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

East Londoner wrote:
Klon wrote:Since I really cannot say anything about the case and I strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty, I'm just going to take the piss out of it for now and release the (not quite) official photo of this incident:

STUNNER! STUNNER! The Sutil Stunner! :D :D

It would be more fitting if it was the other way around, Sutil's head photoshopped into The Rock, Rock Bottoming Austin.
Fitting because Rock Bottom is where Sutil is at the moment.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I wonder why he assaulted Eric Lux...

Eric Lux: "Hey, guys! Just look at this!"

*Walks to Sutil place*

Eric Lux: "Hey man! You did a good race today!"

Sutil: "Thanks, but I don't consider 15th and finishing behind my team-mate a good race..."

Eric Lux: "You got unlucky. I saw your race and I think you are underrated. Actually Renault is interested in you to replace Heidfeld."

Sutil: "Seriously? ... Are you serious?"

Eric Lux: "Yes I am! We should start the negotiations tomorrow!"

Sutil: "Awesome! Let's drink to celebrate!"

Eric Lux: "Hahahahahahahaha! BUSTED! How could you fall for that man? AHAHAHAHAHAH!"

*Sutil then snaps and brakes the wine bottle he just ordered*
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

I saw rumors about that on my twitter account Tuesday but didn't see anything about it till yesterday. http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... t-official
I really hope it is untrue.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

That stupid tool. If he's dropped by his sponsors for this then presumably that's his career down the pan
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

MaxZero wrote:That stupid tool. If he's dropped by his sponsors for this then presumably that's his career down the pan

What career? Sutil has been a hasbeen for the last two years. (Or rather, neverwas)
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

You can't dub someone as career-less just because they aren't so good at it
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Lux has every right to press charges (which Le Figaro claims he is doing), as (allegedly) glassing someone, leading to (allegedly) 20 stitches, only just missing his aorta.

http://blog.lefigaro.fr/F1-tour-de-chauffe/2011/05/sutil-mis-en-examen-pour-tentative-dhomicide.html

Apparently Lewis has also given evidence that is contrary to what surveillance cameras show. Obviously that is what friends do, but I (for once) feel sorry that he will likely get implicated in something that wasn't, as far as we know, his doing.

This joke is taken from the Autosport forums, but I hope Trulli shows up to Barcelona with photos of the incident!
Last edited by Ed24 on 12 May 2011, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Indeed. A lot of people have had very successful careers despite being no good at what they do.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Just to highlight the irony of the driver involved, this picture, reminiscent of Nigel Mansell in the Hall of Shame, must do it.

-Abraham Lincoln
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Conspiracy theory time.

Nico Hulkenberg bribed Eric Lux to make jokes about Sutil's sexuality while drunk so he would eventually snap, get sent to jail and Nico would take the second Force India seat.

CT,SU!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Ed24 wrote:Apparently Lewis has also given evidence that is contrary to what surveillance cameras show. Obviously that is what friends do, but I (for once) feel sorry that he will likely get implicated in something that wasn't, as far as we know, his doing.

If this is true, I don't feel sorry for him... Then he shoul learn to tell the truth.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Myrvold wrote:
Ed24 wrote:Apparently Lewis has also given evidence that is contrary to what surveillance cameras show. Obviously that is what friends do, but I (for once) feel sorry that he will likely get implicated in something that wasn't, as far as we know, his doing.

If this is true, I don't feel sorry for him... Then he shoul learn to tell the truth.

This shows that he is not a quick learner. After Lie-gate he should have known better...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

this story isnt gonna go away... i get a feeling that its gonna end up with someone loosing a drive....
mario

Post by mario »

DanielPT wrote:
Myrvold wrote:

This shows that he is not a quick learner. After Lie-gate he should have known better...

For the moment, though, events seem somewhat confused and ambiguous, so I am loath the cast assertions about who might or might not be telling the truth for now.

After all, so far the reports seem to suggest that Hamilton was only present at the beginning of the alleged argument between Lux and Sutil, with his security guards deciding to drag him out of the venue before things came to a head. You cannot discount the possibility that Lewis's account conflicts with the film of the events simply because he did not understand what was going on at the time, and has come to a confused picture in his mind after the event.
Of course, he may wish to disguise the truth to protect his friend - they are, after all, said to be pretty close friends - but for the moment we cannot prove definitively that is the case. Call me naive, but I'd prefer to first consider the possibility of an accident or unintentionally being misleading before accusing him of intentional deceit.

Either way, regardless of whether Sutil did or did not intend on injuring Lux, the damage to his reputation through "trial by media" must already be beginning to kick in. As WeirdKerr says, if this story refuses to go away, but snowballs instead, this could potentially cost somebody - most likely Sutil - their seat, especially if there is the threat of legal action.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

kostas22 wrote:Conspiracy theory time.

Nico Hulkenberg bribed Eric Lux to make jokes about Sutil's sexuality while drunk so he would eventually snap, get sent to jail and Nico would take the second Force India seat.

CT,SU!

Ah who knows. For all I care this could be some stupid ploy from a tabloid magazine.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

AndreaModa wrote:
Cynon wrote:The last time this happened, a Belgian driver was replaced by a German.

So that's where these rumours about D'Ambrosio leaving Virgin are coming from! Sponsor trouble my arse! He just wants a better ride the cocky kid! :lol:

Good one...
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

mario wrote:Either way, regardless of whether Sutil did or did not intend on injuring Lux, the damage to his reputation through "trial by media" must already be beginning to kick in. As WeirdKerr says, if this story refuses to go away, but snowballs instead, this could potentially cost somebody - most likely Sutil - their seat, especially if there is the threat of legal action.

Lets start the anti trial by media compaign right now!!!

I vote for this version:

1) Raikkonen is on the same bar
2) For unexplained reasons he can't avoid clashing Sutil from the back
3) Sutil falls on Lux, breaking the glass in the process
4) Lux is forced, by his team, and Flavio (yeah, at the same bar) to stand in the trajectory of Sutil, just to provoke a clean way up to the toilet for Alonso
5) The glass changes it's trajectory five times, btu it's only filmed in a Bell & Howell, 8 mm, by a guy called Zapruder... the glass finally hits on Massa.
6) The glass was actually in Barrichello's hands five secs before everything starts to unfold, but the only thing we hear fro him is a long already known ranting about ebing served long after Button, and he actually asked for a cup of cocoa, not beer.
7) shhhh, I'm starting to run out of imagination... help me, please!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:
mario wrote:Either way, regardless of whether Sutil did or did not intend on injuring Lux, the damage to his reputation through "trial by media" must already be beginning to kick in. As WeirdKerr says, if this story refuses to go away, but snowballs instead, this could potentially cost somebody - most likely Sutil - their seat, especially if there is the threat of legal action.

I vote for this version:

4) Lux is forced, by his team, and Flavio (yeah, at the same bar) to stand in the trajectory of Sutil, just to provoke a clean way up to the toilet for Alonso
5) The glass changes it's trajectory five times, btu it's only filmed in a Bell & Howell, 8 mm, by a guy called Zapruder... the glass finally hits on Massa.
6) The glass was actually in Barrichello's hands five secs before everything starts to unfold, but the only thing we hear fro him is a long already known ranting about ebing served long after Button, and he actually asked for a cup of cocoa, not beer.

7) Barrichello, in a fit of rage, spots Schumacher at the other side of the bar and starts assulting him. Rosberg jumps to Schumacher's defence
8) The bar has now turned into a full-scale riot. Pastor Maldonado arrives with the Venezualan army and conducts a military coup in the bar
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

I almost wished that there was some drivers fired or given a 2-3 race ban for this. I was thinking that we might could see Gary Paffet in a F1 race, and then I realized that De La Rosa is a McLaren guy again -.- screw that!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Wizzie wrote:
Popi_Larrauri wrote:

I vote for this version:

7) Barrichello, in a fit of rage, spots Schumacher at the other side of the bar and starts assulting him. Rosberg jumps to Schumacher's defence
8) The bar has now turned into a full-scale riot. Pastor Maldonado arrives with the Venezualan army and conducts a military coup in the bar

Maldonado is the only driver who survives, and still struggled to make Q2.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

redbulljack14 wrote:Maldonado is the only driver who survives, and still struggled to make Q2.

:lol:

Nehoo, he's said sorry. Further down the page theres some tragic news regarding his team-mate
http://www.motorsport.com/#/f1/article/?s=1&i=13&id=404899
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

How can Sutil have been a has-been for the past 2 years?

What had he done in the years preceding that?

They were the most successful period in his career and has it in him to be up at the front, no doubt.
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

jackanderton wrote:How can Sutil have been a has-been for the past 2 years?

What had he done in the years preceding that?

They were the most successful period in his career and has it in him to be up at the front, no doubt.

and here is a prime example why Adrian Sutil is THE most overrated driver on the grid. True, he hasn't been a Has-been, because he never-was anything.
Sure, he had one or two good drives... but do I need to remind you it wasn't Sutil who dragged that Force India into the pole and to the podium... it was FISICHELLA of all people.

Sutil never-was anything and never-will-be anything more than a overrated piece of crap.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Ed24 wrote:Lux has every right to press charges (which Le Figaro claims he is doing), as (allegedly) glassing someone, leading to (allegedly) 20 stitches, only just missing his aorta.

I must have missed something here. My knowledge of anatomy is not that good, but I'm quite sure the Aorta doesn't go through the neck.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Frentzen127 wrote:
Ed24 wrote:Lux has every right to press charges (which Le Figaro claims he is doing), as (allegedly) glassing someone, leading to (allegedly) 20 stitches, only just missing his aorta.

I must have missed something here. My knowledge of anatomy is not that good, but I'm quite sure the Aorta doesn't go through the neck.

He probably meant the carotid artery...
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

and here is a prime example why Adrian Sutil is THE most overrated driver on the grid. True, he hasn't been a Has-been, because he never-was anything.
Sure, he had one or two good drives... but do I need to remind you it wasn't Sutil who dragged that Force India into the pole and to the podium... it was FISICHELLA of all people.

Sutil never-was anything and never-will-be anything more than a overrated piece of crap.

Fisichella didn't drag anything. His car was the fastest on the grid and he should've won the grand prix.

Check Sutil's 2010 performance. He's quick, he's reliable and he'd probably bring home regular podiums in a better team.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Yes, he should've won it if Kimi had been penalized for T1, but when that didn't happen, it was impossible for him to defend against Raikkonen at the restart. KERS PowerBoost™
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

jackanderton wrote:Fisichella didn't drag anything. His car was the fastest on the grid and he should've won the grand prix.

Check Sutil's 2010 performance. He's quick, he's reliable and he'd probably bring home regular podiums in a better team.

Yeah... on a race where his teammate was battling for the win he only managed 11th... and its not as if Fisi is some superstar driver.
I am not denying that Sutil has potential to be a regular point-scorer. He is relatively quick and very reliable. But so is Nick Heidfeld and see where that has gotten him. Sutil is WAY overrrated.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Here is the latest update - it seems Lux is pursuing the case to the courts and to the FIA.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/auto-moto/2011/05/13/02019-20110513ARTSPO00568-eric-lux-attaque-adrian-sutil-en-justice.php

Maybe a 10 place grid penalty? :lol:

Frentzen127 wrote:I must have missed something here. My knowledge of anatomy is not that good, but I'm quite sure the Aorta doesn't go through the neck.

Yes, the word was translated as Aorta from the original Le Figaro article, but something must have been lost in translation, as you're right.
-Abraham Lincoln
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Ed24 wrote:Here is the latest update - it seems Lux is pursuing the case to the courts and to the FIA.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/auto-moto/2011/05/13/02019-20110513ARTSPO00568-eric-lux-attaque-adrian-sutil-en-justice.php

Maybe a 10 place grid penalty? :lol:

Frentzen127 wrote:I must have missed something here. My knowledge of anatomy is not that good, but I'm quite sure the Aorta doesn't go through the neck.

Yes, the word was translated as Aorta from the original Le Figaro article, but something must have been lost in translation, as you're right.

Now, seriously... This guy is about to ruin his career, how about the chances of being out of the grid by mid season?
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Who is overrating Sutil? No-one's tipping him as a future world champion- he's linked with obvious seats like Merc and Renault as a step up to his good performances for Force India. No-one's gone remotely over the top about him. When he isn't glassing people in the face I have to mention him just so he gets talked about.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

jackanderton wrote:Who is overrating Sutil? No-one's tipping him as a future world champion- he's linked with obvious seats like Merc and Renault as a step up to his good performances for Force India. No-one's gone remotely over the top about him. When he isn't glassing people in the face I have to mention him just so he gets talked about.

Linked maybe, but a serious contender? I don't know about that. For the Merc seat both Di Resta and Hülkenberg are ahead of him. Specially after Di Resta matching his pace. Renault has Heidfeld, Petrov and Kubica. And then they have Senna and Grosjean waiting in the wings. And Renault usually gives the second seat to one of their test drivers. Eventually if Kubica doesn't come back he could be seriously considered.

Other seats are difficult too. Red Bull has its own line of drivers. They have Buemi, Alguersuari and Ricciardo in line and more in lower formulas. All three mentioned are probably capable of matching Sutil. Ferrari may have a seat in 2013 (Massa has been confirmed for 2012). They would be looking for someone fast but unable to match Alonso. In here, Sutil name can be involved specially since Kubica, who was rumoured to take the job, go injured. If he comes back strongly though, it's probably game over. Nevertheless other names can enter the mix. Guys like Glock, Kovalainen or Kobayashi. Then you have Sauber, which are betting in newcomers and Toro Rosso, which is about the same, choosing between Red Bull backed drivers. Williams might have the need to use an experienced driver if Barrichello eventually retires but right now they far from being a better seat. Lotus aren't better either and are probably only viewed as a F1 career saving move. HRT and Virgin will look into pay drivers with a lot of cash.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

If this proves to be a case where Sutil has snapped and started to swing objects at Lux, rather than a accident, than he deserves never to touch a Formula One car again to be honest. You don't hit people in the neck with a broken bottle, you just don't. But we can't know exactly what happened but it certainly has legs it seems.

I feel bad for di Resta though if/when Hulkenberg steps in and starts beating him, as Paul's stock certainly grew from beating Sutil every weekend. Hulkenberg-di Resta is quite a nice pairing there.
patrick

Post by patrick »

Some rumors are suggesting that Lux said something particularly unpleasant to Sutil and Hamilton that caused things to kick off. We don't know if Lewis was drinking or not (unlikely) but clearly his bodyguards are also there to also protect him from himself which might be why he was removed so quickly. As I say, rumours though.
Needless to say Mallaya and his partners have never been particularly accommodating to their drivers and if this gets worse Sutil's drive could quite quickly disappear. He also has personal sponsors such as Medion that probably wouldn't be happy. Let's hope things smooth over in the coming weeks.

DanielPT wrote:. Ferrari may have a seat in 2013 (Massa has been confirmed for 2012).

Don't forget that Kimi had a seat for 2010. Some seats are never safe