The reject youtube thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
TomWazzleshaw

Re: The reject youtube thread

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Pepsibottle1

Post by Pepsibottle1 »

Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Wizzie wrote:What? :?

I just had my hardest laugh in a few months, seeing Lewis hovering above the audience :lol:
There are very few things that may look more embarrasing than being a life-size puppet.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

This obviously isn't rejectful, but check these out: http://www.breakdowncover.org/blog/30-g ... f1-battles
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I admittedly feel like a tool for posting stuff from my own Youtube show (a NR2003 offline series with commentary) here...

Fast Forward to 1:42. If a big pileup under caution isn't rejectful, please tell me what is. Bonus points for anyone who wants to slag at ADx_wales, because his driver (the #45 car) goes out here too. Kidding, ADx. :P
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Thats the second time my drivers been involved in a wreck in two races. Not looking good for Sykesy in his new team.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I like the way Snrub thinks!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

And on the same guy's channel, some Ralf Schumacher based frolics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_5ikhqPNU
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Klon wrote:

Isn't that our beloved Formula Nippon announcer? :mrgreen:

Yep, it's the same account that the title decider video comes from.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

You guys in Australia probably know this one already, but I'll post it anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wUvMKUl ... s_vehicles

Jimmy1601

Post by Jimmy1601 »

No actual racing in this clip, but a funny moment and also some reject goodness!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvKliFfmqMY
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I like the way Snrub thinks!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

I've watched all 4, but number 1 will always be the best, because of the song, and because it had F1 Reject moments (Salazar vs Piquet, Inoue)
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Jeroen Krautmeir

They weren't laughing at him. They were laughing at a joke one of the mechanics had said, which was laps away from the incident. It's just video editing from the user.

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

David: Where the hell is my car!?
*Jean drives and stops*
David: Jean! Get out of my bathplugging car!
*Jean drives off*

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Didn't realise Martin Brundle made his commentary debut so early! "I need that car for the Hungarian Grand Prix!"
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRthBzZScpY

Now I'm sorry but I'm a well-known fan of Virgin but Christ that's a pretty bad advert! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
jpm

Post by jpm »

AndreaModa wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRthBzZScpY

Now I'm sorry but I'm a well-known fan of Virgin but Christ that's a pretty bad advert! :lol:

success he he he! :roll:
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

dr-baker wrote:

Didn't realise Martin Brundle made his commentary debut so early! "I need that car for the Hungarian Grand Prix!"

I love to activate the transcription in these Youtube videos. From time to time it does a great job, but most of the time it's... well... rejectful :lol:
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

It may not be a reject team, but the entire series of "THE TEAM - A Season with McLAren" is now availalbe on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs9VIjeB ... r_embedded

Savour this, until someone gets their mits on blocking them.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

ADx_Wales wrote:It may not be a reject team, but the entire series of "THE TEAM - A Season with McLAren" is now availalbe on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs9VIjeB ... r_embedded

Savour this, until someone gets their mits on blocking them.

I've got this in much better quality AVIs. It's not bad at all.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

dr-baker wrote:

Cant remember the exact races but Brundle and Aguri (Soopa Agooree) Suzuki alternated races during the 1995 season and some of the races driven by Suzuki, Brundle guested in the BBC commentry box...
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Martin was with Murray and JP at San Marino 95, I believe that was his first.

However, James Hunt was running late to the booth for the 1991 Monaco GP, Brundle was disqualifed from taking part for missing the official random weighing scrutiny , Martin was with Murray explaining this for the first few moments of BBC's live coverage. If Hunt decided not to turn up, Brundle could have been commentating 4 years earlier.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

ADx_Wales wrote:Martin was with Murray and JP at San Marino 95, I believe that was his first.

However, James Hunt was running late to the booth for the 1991 Monaco GP, Brundle was disqualifed from taking part for missing the official random weighing scrutiny , Martin was with Murray explaining this for the first few moments of BBC's live coverage. If Hunt decided not to turn up, Brundle could have been commentating 4 years earlier.

Brundle was also in the booth for Brazil 1995.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Another reason for F1 not to return to Imola.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTApioa ... r_embedded
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

OHHHH YES
Non-Championship F1 Races = Reject Frenzy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN9w8nC7 ... re=related
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

ADx_Wales wrote:OHHHH YES
Non-Championship F1 Races = Reject Frenzy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN9w8nC7 ... re=related

Danny Sullivan did pretty well in that race. A shame since he might have done well if he stayed longer.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

ADx_Wales wrote:Another reason for F1 not to return to Imola.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTApioa ... r_embedded

Hey Italy, stop trying to copy NASCAR barrel rolls!

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Jeroen Krautmeir

This is why I like IndyCar. Their very fan-friendly, far more than F1, in almost any aspect. They post full length races from yesteryear, be it CART or IRL, and they don't take down races uploaded by other users, such as this one. Wish the turbos were still in use, though, they sound fantastic.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Okay so I mentioned this in the Ponderbox thread briefly, but here it is for those who haven't seen it. Clearly in my view one of the worst and rejectful stewarding decisions in motorsport:

Simoncelli and Pedrosa clash, French MotoGP 2011

Now looking at that, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's a racing incident, and Pedrosa has unfortunately come off worse. However the stewards felt that it was an 'illegal manoeuvre' from Simoncelli, gave him a drive-through penalty which cost him any chance of a podium finish (they were running 2nd and 3rd at the time). This penalty was given even though Simoncelli was ahead of Pedrosa, and Pedrosa just picked the bike up and rode into the back of Simoncelli. Nothing like this has ever happened before in MotoGP, yet it happens now conveniently after Simoncelli has been in the headlines recently having had unfair complaints levelled at him from other riders for his 'dangerous' riding. It smacks of favouritism and ridiculous bias towards Spain which has such an influence over the championship (Pedrosa is Spanish, whilst Simoncelli is Italian). Lorenzo, the reigning champion and another Spanish rider was the first to bring up the criticism of Simoncelli at the last race in Estoril, yet I challenge anyone to find an incident of Simoncelli exercising dangerous riding throughout his entire career. It really is quite piss poor, and I'm angry that MotoGP could fall to such depths.

I suppose all this should really go in the Rantbox really! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:Okay so I mentioned this in the Ponderbox thread briefly, but here it is for those who haven't seen it. Clearly in my view one of the worst and rejectful stewarding decisions in motorsport:

Simoncelli and Pedrosa clash, French MotoGP 2011

Now looking at that, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's a racing incident, and Pedrosa has unfortunately come off worse. However the stewards felt that it was an 'illegal manoeuvre' from Simoncelli, gave him a drive-through penalty which cost him any chance of a podium finish (they were running 2nd and 3rd at the time). This penalty was given even though Simoncelli was ahead of Pedrosa, and Pedrosa just picked the bike up and rode into the back of Simoncelli. Nothing like this has ever happened before in MotoGP, yet it happens now conveniently after Simoncelli has been in the headlines recently having had unfair complaints levelled at him from other riders for his 'dangerous' riding. It smacks of favouritism and ridiculous bias towards Spain which has such an influence over the championship (Pedrosa is Spanish, whilst Simoncelli is Italian). Lorenzo, the reigning champion and another Spanish rider was the first to bring up the criticism of Simoncelli at the last race in Estoril, yet I challenge anyone to find an incident of Simoncelli exercising dangerous riding throughout his entire career. It really is quite piss poor, and I'm angry that MotoGP could fall to such depths.

I suppose all this should really go in the Rantbox really! :lol:

Something else to add to the Rant:

YouTube wrote:This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Dorna Sports.
Sorry about that.

An attempted cover-up, perhaps?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:

This is why I like IndyCar. Their very fan-friendly, far more than F1, in almost any aspect. They post full length races from yesteryear, be it CART or IRL, and they don't take down races uploaded by other users, such as this one. Wish the turbos were still in use, though, they sound fantastic.

NASCAR doesn't take down races uploaded by fans either, but NASCAR doesn't have their own Youtube channel.