MadMax Mosley is planning a coup!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Myrvold

MadMax Mosley is planning a coup!

Post by Myrvold »

Will it be goodbye Todt, and welcome again Mosley? If so, I can imagine loads of protests...
The Source
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Re: MadMax Mosley is planning a coup!

Post by ADx_Wales »

Italian Scaremongering?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

We finally got a proper, calm, seemingly impartial President of the FIA. What's there not to like? If this happens, I'll just stick to MotoGP and Superbikes, it's much better.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Sure it's not a Putsch?
(OK maybe that's a little mean.... :D )
Making up the numbers
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

GO HOME, MAX MOSLEY

Seriously, this guy doesn't even know how to properly execute a coup d'état.
coops

Post by coops »

Im available at weekends!

Oh. Thats says....nevermind.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

ADx_Wales wrote:Italian Scaremongering?

It was dismissed as such a day or two ago by the usual bloggers. Don't think there's much to it, but if he's got Bernie's support, there could be more. What Bernie wants, tends to come about.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Why everyone hates Mosley ?
He was jsut one of the people that was actually real.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

We simply should have an anonymous FIA president who acts via a computer... it's not like it would make anything more ridiculous than it is currently. :?
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Klon wrote:We simply should have an anonymous FIA president who acts via a computer... it's not like it would make anything more ridiculous than it is currently. :?

Making up the numbers
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

LukeB wrote:
Klon wrote:We simply should have an anonymous FIA president who acts via a computer... it's not like it would make anything more ridiculous than it is currently. :?

Alternatively...

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Alternatively...

We may be forced into changing the music for the Podium ceremony however. Also don't be surprised if the winner of the WDC is promised some cake.

I can't say I believe this report at the moment, it really needs more credibility for me to believe that Mosely would want to do this when he seemingly chose Jean Todt in the first place. Besides what has Todt done that would have annoyed him so far?
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Tealy wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Alternatively...

We may be forced into changing the music for the Podium ceremony however.

Kraftwerk?
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
LukeB wrote:

Alternatively...

Memories of the Capricorn 1 thread...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

The Champagne is a lie.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

We will put aside our differences.
For more Ferrari championships.
You monster.

I approve of this motion. :D
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Ferrari isn't winning anymore, and the Ferrari man as President was supposed to make Ferrari win more.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
coops

Post by coops »

Klon wrote:We simply should have an anonymous FIA president who acts via a computer

Have the Teminator movies taught us nothing?
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
mario

Post by mario »

f1-gast wrote:Why everyone hates Mosley ?
He was jsut one of the people that was actually real.

Whilst in some ways, Mosely was a big improvement on Balestre (Max might have liked to dress in German military uniforms for his leisure activities, but Balestre actually served the German military during WW2), on others he was no different. There have been many questions raised about decisions made during his tenure - for example, the repeated questions about the legality of the Benetton B194, concerning hidden software which possibly could have enabled the car to have traction control (the case could have been dealt with much more transparently) and the removal of filters in the fuel rigs.
Of course, there are have been times when people have wondered if some punishments handed out by the FIA were motivated by feelings of revenge, especially when dealing with Ron Dennis, whom he was known to dislike, and made no effort to disguise his feelings. Others question why, at times, Ferrari appeared to be treated relatively leniently during his tenure (especially during the Schumacher domination years).

And the final big question was the nature of the commercial agreements between the FIA, and FOM, considering that Bernie and Mosely were best friends. Many have questioned why the FIA sold the television rights to FOM at a peculiarly low price, and whether some decisions in the World Motorsport Council were unduly influenced by Mosely acting in concert with Bernie. We have seen how, for example, Bernie has lobbied in the press for certain teams with a high profile (and, of course, high brand value) to be treated leniently, and was, no doubt, just as active behind closed doors in the WMSC. Having a second, major, figure in the form of Mosely would have helped Bernie get what he wanted, even if it was in many ways detrimental to the sport in the long run.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
RAK

Post by RAK »

LukeB wrote:

"L-l-look at you, driver, panting and sweating as you drive around my racetracks. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Whis

Post by Whis »

oh dear, oh dear. you reminded me of wwe.
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

RAK wrote:
LukeB wrote:

"L-l-look at you, driver, panting and sweating as you drive around my racetracks. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

"...and in other news, complaints about and to the FIA have dropped to an all time low. Reports indicate this is due to a sudden increase in what is being reffered to as "pants-shitting terror". A quote from an insider said "oh god please no more of those spiders I can hear them coming make it stop make it stop makeitstop" followed by muffled sobbing...
Making up the numbers
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

LukeB wrote:
"...and in other news, complaints about and to the FIA have dropped to an all time low. Reports indicate this is due to a sudden increase in what is being reffered to as "pants-shitting terror". A quote from an insider said "oh god please no more of those spiders I can hear them coming make it stop make it stop makeitstop" followed by muffled sobbing...

Sounds like it ought to be a "1984" reference, but of course that was rats in room 101.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA