Who should follow Max ???

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ross Prawn

Who should follow Max ???

Post by Ross Prawn »

If you want to have a sensible discussion about the merits of Max's replacement, the future of the FIA and governance of the sport, then start your own thread !!

My personal votes are:-

Alan Rickman - Could anyone spot the difference.

Donald Pleasance, as in You Only Live Twice, with piranas of course.

Nigel Mansell, just to ensure that the ego count is maintained.

Vladimir Putin, to ensure strict governance and a Moscow GP in the near future.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
TS020

Re: Who should follow Max ???

Post by TS020 »

Ross Prawn wrote:Vladimir Putin, to ensure strict governance and a Moscow GP in the near future.

In Soviet Russia prixes are grand?
Cutting Through the Ronspeak - We went to a motor race and then a bowling match broke out.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Barack Obama- He wants to change stuff, right?

Waldo- FOTA will be happy, nobody will know where he is so he can't make rules.

The Pope- To ensure a Rome GP

Tony George: Nuff said.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

On a more serious note, it's likely to be Nick Craw or Michel Boeri. I'm told the teams would be happy with either.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Ross Prawn wrote:Alan Rickman - Could anyone spot the difference.

Too funny! :mrgreen:
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Margaret Thatcher- she was a monetarist (reducing expenditure to help the economy) while Prime Minister of Britain in the 1980's, which Max is doing now.
Al Capone-Violent and corrupt, he'd suit F1 perfectly
Dalek from Doctor Who- Looks like a robot version of Bernie, he and Bernie would work well together.
FW08

Post by FW08 »

Noonien Sung: He'd fit every car with a positronic brain, and we'd never have to endure through another drivers' press conference again.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Debaser wrote:Margaret Thatcher- she was a monetarist (reducing expenditure to help the economy) while Prime Minister of Britain in the 1980's, which Max is doing now.

In association with Bernie's quest for TV-friendly races with nice scenery, the British GP moves to the Faulklands.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Captain Picard.

Supreme abitrator of everything. All we have to do is suspend F1 until he's born in 2305.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Gee, what learned posters we have here... 2 TNG references, and a Dr. Who shout out... :lol:
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Emperor Palpatine?............He could seize power through an "Emergency" and then rule with an Iron Fist..........wait a minute.......Max kinda does bear a resemblance to Palpatine doesn't he.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Picard? bah.

Spock's your man. Atleast then F1 would be logical and anyone who tried to argue with him would just get a major headache.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Who should follow Max? Bernie.

Follow him right out the door...
FW08

Post by FW08 »

DonTirri wrote:Spock's your man. Atleast then F1 would be logical and anyone who tried to argue with him would just get a major headache.

You can't have a logical F1 boss, it'd be like having overtaking in F1. Sounds nice on paper, but experience has shown us that it'll never happen.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Its seems that Max's plan is that Max should follow Max. What a surprise. :?

Also Bernie has been making flattering noises about Hitler and Sadam. So I guess the field is now wide open.

Obviously the main qualification for a senior F1 post is the ability to shoot oneself in the foot at regular intervals.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Oh no! Please don't tell me they're opening the field for Robert Mugabe to be the next FIA President. That would be too embarrassing for words...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Alianora La Canta wrote:Oh no! Please don't tell me they're opening the field for Robert Mugabe to be the next FIA President. That would be too embarrassing for words...
"And now...let's make every person working for the F1 franchise BILLIONAIRES" - referring to the massive inflation of Zimbabwe.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Nuppiz wrote:
Alianora La Canta wrote:Oh no! Please don't tell me they're opening the field for Robert Mugabe to be the next FIA President. That would be too embarrassing for words...
"And now...let's make every person working for the F1 franchise BILLIONAIRES" - referring to the massive inflation of Zimbabwe.

So that's why they ditched the 50 million budget cap?
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:

Yes, but isn't 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollars only enough to buy a few eggs or something? So a million-billionaire in Zimbabwe could barely run a Lada...
Last edited by dr-baker on 07 Jul 2009, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Ari Vatanen.

No joke. Now that he's no longer invovled with the European parliament, he's said he's seriosuly considering running for the presidency in October.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I guess the only reason for Bernie saying these ridiculous things can be that he wanted to make a desperate attempt at getting his own F1 Rejects T-Shirt design. And I understand him: it's just not fair that Max got one, because Max never was an F1 reject like Bernie is. Max never even tried to qualify for a GP.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:Ari Vatanen.

No joke. Now that he's no longer invovled with the European parliament, he's said he's seriosuly considering running for the presidency in October.

I've read that as well, but I can't believe the FIA will vote for a rally man. No way.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

FW08 wrote:
DonTirri wrote:Spock's your man. Atleast then F1 would be logical and anyone who tried to argue with him would just get a major headache.

You can't have a logical F1 boss, it'd be like having overtaking in F1. Sounds nice on paper, but experience has shown us that it'll never happen.

Well, Spock would do miracles for Formula one. He would logically deduct that if F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports, it would need to have the best racing. He would then calculate the cheapest possible car to produce said thing, factoring in innovations, expectations and driver ability.

He'd then come up with a ruleset fulfilling those goals, while lacking any loopholes. And anyone who thinks he can argue with the rules well.. Spocks Logic is flawless.

But if Logic is not your way. What about Worf?

F1 would then be build on honor, survival of the fittest and tradition. Arguments would be settled with duels and cheating would be punishable by death.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
dresda

Post by dresda »

Hmmmm.

I'd like to see a former driver get the job. How about Alain Prost?
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
BB01

Post by BB01 »

dresda wrote:Hmmmm.

I don't think that he's management material, looking at what happened to his team. He's too nice and couldn't really make the hard decisions, i think. I can't think of too many ex-drivers apart from him who would have the intelligence, though.
FW08

Post by FW08 »

dresda wrote:Hmmmm.

If you want to elect a former driver, I think the best option would be Keke Rosberg. He's been successful in pretty much everything he's done. Although I doubt he'd be interested in the job.

Now that would be an interesting pair for the election: Rosberg vs. Vatanen...
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

What about Carlos Reutemann? Politician in Argentina, and drove the F1 turbo cars, which automatically makes him perfect. Anyone who has driven a turbo car is a freakin' genius.

Though if we're going for anyone actually in the running, I have to say that I really think highly of Ari Vatanen.
Max Mosley for ROTY 2009
FW08

Post by FW08 »

Robbie wrote:What about Carlos Reutemann? Politician in Argentina, and drove the F1 turbo cars, which automatically makes him perfect. Anyone who has driven a turbo car is a freakin' genius.

Actually, he didn't. He retired mid-season in 1982, and Williams didn't race turbos until in 1983. He might've tested a turbo, but he didn'r race one. Sorry to nitpick. Turbolessness aside, there would be worse choices than him.