Your Reject of the Race - Great Britain

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Sitorimon

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Great Britain

Post by Sitorimon »

My ROTR is whoever the man on Kazuki's front wheel is as for the second race in a row, his points finishes were ruined by a bungled pitstop. Poor guy.
My FSR League team is F1-Reject sponsored!!!
BackMarker Brigade - 11GPs, 4DNQ's, 2Pts Finishes!
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

tc3j3r wrote:
Ben Gilbert wrote: Now, it's just fast, with no real overtaking points, and as a result, there has only been one good race at Silverstone for over a decade, and it doesn't really count as it was affected by rain.

2003 was a dry race, and also one of the best races of this decade...

Forgot about that. I will agree, that was a fantastic race, but..

It was only made interesting because of a lunatic running down Hangar Straight, so again, it joins the wet races as not really counting. Races should not have to have monsoons to be interesting, or doom-mongerers sprinting down the track, but thanks to aerodynamic progress, it's what excitment has been reduced to.
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Ben Gilbert wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:
Ben Gilbert wrote: Now, it's just fast, with no real overtaking points, and as a result, there has only been one good race at Silverstone for over a decade, and it doesn't really count as it was affected by rain.

2003 was a dry race, and also one of the best races of this decade...

Forgot about that. I will agree, that was a fantastic race, but..

It was only made interesting because of a lunatic running down Hangar Straight, so again, it joins the wet races as not really counting. Races should not have to have monsoons to be interesting, or doom-mongerers sprinting down the track, but thanks to aerodynamic progress, it's what excitment has been reduced to.

It was a fantastic race, I was there that day. But still all the overtaking took place at Abbey. If you were watching elsewhere on the circuit it was still a high speed procession.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

It was a fantastic race, I was there that day. But still all the overtaking took place at Abbey. If you were watching elsewhere on the circuit it was still a high speed procession.

I was, and it was. I wish I'd seen it on telly.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Trust me, you didn't miss much. When the most exciting thing they can show is two World Champions having a go at each other for twelfth position, you know it's not much of a race.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

I want to nominate Max Mosley.

Someone needs to tell him that blowing up F1 will not solve his own "lack of power".